Dr. Lane Cook, MD

Dr. Lane Cook, MD

Psychiatry | Male

Cornestone of Recovery 4428 Sutherland Ave Knoxville, TN 37919 Get Directions

We have the first and only Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation clinic in Knoxville, see www.tmsofknoxville,com. This is a great breakthrough in the treatment of difficult depression. I still practice psychotherapy in addition to medication maintenance. I especially like treating ADHD, depression, and anxiety disorders.

I was born and raised in east Texas but found my way to east Tennessee in 1983 and have been here ever since. I married a Maryville native Judy and have a son Jeremy, daughter Hayley, and step-daughter Christy. In 2005 I began working at Cornerstone of Recovery with dual diagnosis patients and am the Chief of Psychiatry there. In 2014 I started the first TMS clinic, TMS of Knoxville. This is quite a rewarding specialty and it is very satisfying to help patients go into remission from their depression and remain well despite having failed an average of 6-8 different medications and antidepressants.

Dr. Cook's Experience

See how Dr. Cook's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Cook

Dr. Cook accepts 13 insurance carriers

Dr. Cook's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cook to family and friends
Dr. Cook's Performance
Went to him for TMS and I was in bad shape. TMS did nothing and he just said oh well, took my money and sent me on my way. He knew how bad off I was and left me floundering for help on my own.
We begin by telling all of our patients that there's a one-in-four chance they may not improve at all. I have never said, "Oh well" to anyone I failed to help, never will. I take every unsuccessful treatment personally and have extended treatments, offered consultation to other doctors, and made recommendations for alternative treatments for people who do not improve.
in Morristown TN |
Excellent.
Thanks for the kind review!
Have you seen Dr. Lane Cook, MD?

Compare Dr. Cook

}

Dr. Cook says...

Dr. Cook's Care Philosophy

Dr. Cook says...

We are the only Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation Clinic within 100 miles. I specialize in difficult-to-treat depression and primarily see patients referred by other psychiatrists. We are able to bring patients to full remission nearly half the time and 2/3 of our patients have a response. Unfortunately not all people get well but even so, 77% of patients improve. Google our TMS of Knoxville site for reviews, information, and recommendations from psychiatrists Dr. Kenneth Jobson and Dr. David Snow.

Dr. Cook's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Psychiatry

• Board Certified in Psychiatry, September,

Dr. Cook has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

Why It Matters: Dr. Cook's Board Certifications

• Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Conversion Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Hypochondriasis
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Phobia

Baylor College Med Affil Hospital

Completed in 1981

Louisiana State University

Graduated in 1973

Dr. Cook does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cook and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry

• Psychopharmacologic Treatment
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)