Dr. Lane Cook, MD

Dr. Lane Cook, MD

Psychiatry  |
Dr. Lane Cook, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Knoxville, TN and has been practicing for 37 years. He graduated from Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In Shreveport in 1977 and specializes in psychiatry.Read his story

4428 Sutherland Ave

Knoxville, TN 37919

• AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • MAPFRE Life Insurance Company of Puerto Rico
  • Medicare

Learn about Dr. Cook

See how frequently Dr. Cook performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

ADHD and-or ADD
Anxiety
high
Psychiatric Diseases

Dr. Cook's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Cook's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Cook "I was born and raised in east Texas but found my way to east Tennessee in 1983 and have been here ever since. I married a Maryville native Judy and have a son Jeremy, daughter Hayley, and step-daughter Christy. In 2005 I began working at Cornerstone of Recovery with dual diagnosis patients and am the Chief of Psychiatry there. In 2014 I started the first TMS clinic, TMS of Knoxville. This is quite a rewarding specialty and it is very satisfying to help patients go into remission from their depression and remain well despite having failed an average of 6-8 different medications and antidepressants. "

This content was provided by Dr. Cook "We have the first and only Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation clinic in Knoxville, see www.tmsofknoxville,com. This is a great breakthrough in the treatment of difficult depression. I still practice psychotherapy in addition to medication maintenance. I especially like treating ADHD, depression, and anxiety disorders."

• Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• Psychopharmacologic Treatment
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Louisiana State University
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1978
  • Baylor College Med Affil Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1981

• Board Certified in Psychiatry, September,

Dr. Cook has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cook does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cook and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cook's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cook to family and friends
4.1
based on 13 total reviews (3 with comments)

Dr. Cook's Performance

Scheduling
Office environment
Staff friendliness
Average wait time

Dr.Lane Cook was my psychiatrist since 1993-2016. He is an excellent doctor and I have received over and above excellent care from him. Would still be seeing him but my insurance doesn't cover him. I owe my life and wellness for physical and emotional support from him. Consider him a blessing to...more
Went to him for TMS and I was in bad shape. TMS did nothing and he just said oh well, took my money and sent me on my way. He knew how bad off I was and left me floundering for help on my own.

We begin by telling all of our patients that there's a one-in-four chance they may not improve at all. I have never said, "Oh well" to anyone I failed to help, never will. I take every unsuccessful treatment personally and have extended treatments, offered consultation to other doctors, and made recommendations for alternative treatments for people who do not improve.

Excellent.

Thanks for the kind review!