Dr. Lance Silverman, MD

Dr. Lance Silverman, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Lance Silverman, M.D., received his medical degree in 1996 from Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, TX, which ranks consistently among the top of our country's 125 medical schools. After finishing a year-long surgical internship and a four-year residency in Orthopaedic Surgery at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, MI, he was awarded a fellowship in foot and ankle surgery at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, which U.S. News & World Report has consistently recognized as one of the premier programs of its kind. Dr. Silverman was trained to manage all foot and ankle conditions under the guidance of Stephen F. Conti, M.D., who is the director of the Orthopaedic Division of foot and ankle surgery at Allegheny General Hospital, associate professor at the Drexel University School of Medicine, and chairman of a highly competitive foot and ankle fellowship for nearly 20 years. Eighteen months after operating a private practice in suburban Houston, Dr. Silverman relocated to Minneapolis with his family in 2004. He then founded Silverman Ankle & Foot in Edina, MN – a practice exclusively devoted to foot and ankle conditions. Dr. Silverman is a board-certified member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society.

6600 France Ave S Ste 605

Edina, MN 55435

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
  • CHAMPVA
  • HealthPartners

Learn about Dr. Silverman

See how frequently Dr. Silverman performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Ankle and Foot Instability or Derangement
Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
Foot Conditions

Dr. Silverman's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Silverman "Dr. Silverman will go out of his way, not only to talk to you in-depth about your diagnosis and treatment, but he will also take the time to ensure you understand every step of the planned medical procedure. He strongly believes that working together with each patient leads to better results. Dr. Silverman and his employees want you and your family to get the full attention you deserve."

• Podiatric Surgery

• Coccygeal Pain
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Diabetic (Charcot) Foot
  • Dropfoot
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Juvenile Chronic Arthritis
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon

• Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Neuroplasty
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Trigger Finger Release

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Minnesota.

• University Of Illinois
  • Henry Ford Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2001
  • University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center-Passavant
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2002

Dr. Silverman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Silverman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Silverman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Silverman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Silverman to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Silverman's Performance
in Prior Lake, MN |
Go see Dr. Silvermann for any feet issues! He knows his business. I had two different surgeries done for different reasons with huge success. Follow his instructions to the letter. I did and I had the best results. I have all the confidence in the world in Dr. Silvermann and recommend him to anyone who has feet issues. Dr. Silvermann is the BEST!
11 years ago Dr. Silverman did surgery on both my left & right achilles, a bone spur removal and a ligament repair. He did an amazing job and I had phenomenal results! This year I went to Dr. Silverman for a second opinion after a different doctor messed up a bunion surgery. Not only was Dr. Silverman able to correct my foot but he made me pain free! I am now 5 months post-op, back in the gym and enjoying the outdoors again! I highly recommend Dr. Silverman for all and any foot and ankle issues.
in Edina, MN |
I saw Dr Silverman with my son for foot pain. He was incredibly thorough and knowledgeable. He did X-rays and took both of us back to look at them. While addressing my son directly he laid out all the options in order of least to most aggressive. He then said what he would do if it were his child. We followed his instructions exactly and are back on the ice!! Thank you Dr. Silverman!!!!
in Maple Grove, MN |
My daughter is a year round competitive athlete with serious ankle issues. She experienced substantial pain after every session. We located Dr. Silverman and couldn't be more pleased. He is compassionate, taking time to explain his thoughtful diagnosis and recommended procedure. His office scheduled the surgery and everything went as planned. Dr. Silverman met with us post op and followed through with PT recommendations. Dr. Silverman is prompt, courteous and caring. I highly recommend!
in Austin, MN |
Thanks Dr. Silverman for giving me back my life! After over 2 years of dealing with my local Dr. for a torn Achilles tendon, I looked online Achilles tendon specialist in MN and found Dr. Silverman. So in July of 2013 off we drove to Burnsville, (100 miles) with high hopes that he would be able to help me. Well guess what? He didn’t let me down! He did an Achilles Tendon Reconstruction and my pain is gone. Its been 4 years now and I have had no issues! Highly recommend Dr Silverman !!
in Hopkins, MN |
Dr. Silverman is a fantastic doctor. I am a competitive athlete have had many ankle injuries. After several ankle sprains I went in to see Dr. Silverman. He explained that my ligaments were damaged and things would only get worse unless I had surgery to correct the issue. So I decided to go through with the surgery. There was a bit of recovery time, but after that I felt great! Dr. Silverman solved all of my problems, and got me back to 110%! I highly recommend Dr. Silverman to anyone.
in Eden Prairie, MN |
I needed surgery on my RF.. In addition to the bone surgery, Dr. Silverman noticed I needed ankle ligament reconstruction during my diagnosis and recommended we fix it too. Between my initial diagnosis visit and the surgery I had increased the amount of bone damage in my foot. Dr. Silverman was able to adjust on the fly and put in two plates instead of the planned one. It’s one year later and my foot is doing great, and I don't ever remember my ankle being this solid. I'm delighted with outcome!
in Bloomington, MN |
Dr. Silverman is a complete and outstanding professional in his field. From my first appointment on, he answered all my questions and then some. He explained things in terms that were clear and east to understand. I would, without a second thought, encourage anyone to see Dr. Silverman.
Minneapolis, MN |
I must have seen a totally different doctor than others and office staff is not friendly at all. The one receptionists, X-ray tech, nurse does everything and isn't to knowledgeable about conditions. Takes forever to get into, the wait once there is crazy especially end of the day and takes days sometimes weeks to call back. Completely left me hanging worse then when I started. Trying my to do to much for one doctor. Almost two years later and regret walking through the doors.
Sorry to hear that you felt that we let you down along the way. We always try to give each and every patient the individualized care they deserve, and sometimes that does lead to longer wait times if patients have a lot of questions or something unexpected comes up. We try to schedule for this throughout the day, but any waits are because we don't want to rush anyone out of the office. We'd like to help fix this situation if we can, please feel free to call us to let us know how we can help.
Minneapolis, MN |
Dr Silverman might have ruined my life and I feel so much regret that i chose to go to him. He left my ankles so tight that i can barely move them and it has led to a host other problens. I have gained over 50 pounds since i saw him due to depression and pain preventing me from working out too much. I wish i had never met him. Im holding back tears as i write this and if you see this Dr Silverman then know i was once an aspiring athlete who you messed up.
I am sorry that you feel that we did not provide you with the best care, it's something that we strive for with every patient. There's always time to address concerns, so if you want to works towards a solution, be it through rehab, therapy or some other answer, please don't hesitate to reach back out to us. We want to do everything in our power to give our patients the best chance of making a full recovery.
Chanhassen, MN |
Dr Silverman has been by far the most unprofessional dr. I have ever seen. The second time I saw him I waited close to 2 hours in waiting room with no apology, he avoids direct questions, he does not believe in prescribing pain medication, follow up appointments are done by his assistant and 9 out of 10 times you will not get through to a live person no matter what option you choose. As of now, I am working with a new surgeon due to some errors he made and urge you not to fall for his charm.
We are very sorry to hear that you felt that our care fell short of your expectations. I can't speak to this particular instance as I do not know who left the review, but I have a feeling I know who this is and I think we tried to address a number of the issues on the review you let on our Google page. I'm truly sorry we did not meet you expectations, and we wish you the best on your recovery.
Apple Valley, MN |
Very Unprofessional!! If you like waiting over an hour in his little office (not the waiting room) to hear bad news, then this is the Dr. for you. After my break, I was left with a bone that wasn't aligned properly, and after it all healed, I had lots of pain. No apology. I sought a more competent physician where I was promptly seen during each visit and after a bone fusion, I am in no pain at all.
in Hopkins, MN |
I had a Hallux Rigidus surgery on my right big toe on August 18, 2016. The surgery and recovery was very easy (much easier than I expected). I am now 3 months post op, I have no pain at all, the scar is looking better and better every day and I am able to wear more variety of shoes than I was able before the surgery and I have no swelling at all (!). Dr. Silverman is a great surgeon with great sense of humor. I would recommend him to anybody with foot\ankle problems. Thank you Dr. Silverman!
in Plymouth, MN |
Dr. Silverman is very professional and explains things thoroughly. He seems rushed at times and I wish he could spend more time to anwser questions. His staff is equally professional and responds to questions in a timely manner.
in Apple Valley, MN |
DR. SILVERMAN did a excelent job on my ankle i would recoment him to anyone who would need surgery done to their ankle or foot
in COON RAPIDS MN |
DR. SILVERMAN IS AWESOME! I have multiple work comp injuries & had seen several doctors and surgeons who told me different diagnoses, different restrictions & options which none of them were helping me. I continued to have major pain and problems with my foot & ankle & none of the other Drs. Could/would figure out why. My new attorneys staff recommended me to DR SILVERMAN & FINALLY after the FIRST visit he knew exactly what was wrong! HE Is #1 in my opinion! I HIGHLY recommend him! ??
Dr. Silverman is a fantastic orthopedic surgeon who will listen to your concerns, explain in detail what his thoughts are, and make future plans with your input to best suit your specific recovery needs. His communication skills are excellent and he will go the extra mile and call you personally to make sure things are going well. I've had three surgeries with Dr. Silverman and have been very happy with the outcome. I highly recommend Dr. Silverman! Great Orthopedic Surgeon!
in Minneapolis, MN |
Doctor Silverman attended to my small finger which was injuried and looked limp. He knew immediately what was wrong, applied a splint and told me how to care for the finger. I am happy to say the finger looks normal , has full function. I am amazed and thankful for such a wonderful and skilled Doctor.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Silverman is amazing! I found him to be a caring, attentive and thorough physician. He listens carefully and is thoughtful in his responses. He is exceptionally knowledgable and his recommended treatment was very effective. He was able to offer non-surgical interventions, which happily worked so I was able to avoid surgery. I could not be more appreciative--I am so grateful to have found this outstanding physician.
in St Paul, MN |
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Silverman. He performed emergency surgery on my leg. It was luck of the draw as to who was on duty that weekend. I couldn't have asked for a better surgeon.
in Edina, MN |
What should have been a routine surgery from Dr. Silverman resulted in terrible pain. The damage he caused had to be repaired by another surgeon. Clinic notes were inaccurate and inflammatory and he refused to correct them. The surgeon who repaired my foot said I see a lot of Dr. Silverman's complications.He is an astute business man but a bad orthopedic surgeon. I recommend you stay far away from this man.
in Minneapolis, MN |
This was an extremely poor experience in every way. From filthy office; extremely long waiting times in the waiting room,over 2-hours w/Silverman forgetting I was in a clinical room; hyperactive & inattentive physician during office visit; confused physician pre-surgery; post-surgery results were not only ineffective but destroyed my foot, balance, added shooting leg pain, & made shoes painful. Now a pending third surgery with another surgeon to continue to correct the damage from Silverman.
in Lakeville, MN |
Always has a good demenor. Understands his professional at a top level. Has treated both my daughter's soccer injuries and my own foot fracture and ankle repair
Have you seen Dr. Lance Silverman, MD?

Visit Dr. Silverman