Dr. Lance Kim, DO

Dr. Lance Kim, DO

Neurology | Male

Florida Neurological Center is committed to delivering high quality, personalized care to people of all ages and in every stage of life. We will continually evaluating the needs of the communities and patients we serve and adding new services and technologies to meet those needs. We treat all those we serve with kindness and compassion. We embrace the whole person, responding to emotional and spiritual concerns as well as physical needs. We are sensitive and caring to those around us. We take personal responsibility for the services we provide and for the perceptions and experiences of the patients and community.Read more

Dr. Kim's Experience

See how Dr. Kim's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kim

Dr. Kim accepts 22 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Kim has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Kim's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (86)
Dr. Kim Says:

Dr. Kim responding to the review left on 6/3/2016

Thank you for your kind words. I am so happy that I was able to help you before your condition worsened. I appreciate the vote of confidence, and you taking the time to write a review

Dr. Kim responding to the 04/09/16 review

Thank you so much for your kind words. Central pain syndrome

...

in Ocala, FL |
I was seen as a patient for anxiety, sleep and other medication issues after going to 2 other neurologists years earlier. After doing numerous tests and brain scans by Dr. Kim, I was never given any medication from this doctor except for two sample sleeping pills that did not work and made my insomnia worse ever since. Now, after 8 months of not being a patient and no longer being seen at this office, Dr. Kim tried to trick me into taking an Anti-Psychotic, by telling me it was for anxiety.
in Inverness, FL |
Recently moved to Florida and I was looking for a sleep specialist. My GP sent me to Dr. Rubin. The guy clearly was not a sleep specialist- right away he tried to put me on CPAP although my main problem is insomnia. Then I was talking to my neighbor who goes to Dr. Lance Kim and he recommended me to see Dr. Kim who is board certified sleep expert. He ended up having redo the sleep study as the study done at Rubin's office was substandard. Sure enough, my apnea was so mild & didn't need CPAP!!!
Thank you for sharing your story with others online and for the kind review. I am happy to hear that you found the relief you were seeking under my care and that you are doing so much better.
in Lady Lake,FL |
I brought my mom with Dementia to Dr. Kim. He was so warm spirited & caring. He also acknowledged struggle we as a family were experiencing taking care of mom. He was able to get in clinical research trial & got her the latest brain scan called Amyloid plaque scan that was consistent with advanced Alzheimer. He spent so much time going over all available treatments & what can be expected in the future. Because of Dr. Kim, we feel more clear headed about what we can do as a family.
in Orlando, FL |
I have all kinds of complicated neurological problems for nearly 15 years including chronic pain syndrome. Although Dr. Kim is not a pain specialist but he helped me so much more than half a dozen pain docs I have seen over the years. He explained so well what was & what wasn't realistic expectation & treatment goal etc. He was always compassionate & understanding for my suffering unlike most docs were quick to brush me off. Although I am still in pain, my quality of life is much better.
Thank you for your kind and honest words and for taking the time to leave a review. I work hard to listen to my patients' complaints and find solutions that help them feel some relief. I am always here for you when you need me.
in Ocklawaha FL 32179 |
I saw Dr. Kim a couple of weeks ago. My complaint was being bi polar and a deep depresion. I could not sleep. He wanted to have me stay overnight and gave me two days to prepare. I canceled the appointment as I was fighting this depresion and could not sleep. I had just found out that I had lung cancer and have been frantic . I have lots of other appointments and don't have time to have some one watch me sleep. In fairness to Dr. Kim , he was not told about my lung cancer.
I am sorry to hear about your additional diagnosis. This definitely adds stress to the situation. When you are ready, I am here to help you. Take care, and I hope to hear from you soon.
in Inverness, FL |
I cannot recommend this doctor. I never did hear why I should take 4 new prescriptions, nor did I receive answers to important questions, nor a thorough review of all the many tests I was put through. Also, I am being billed for a large amount of money, as I was too ill to be there, as I informed them twice,even stating I had been to another dr. twice for this malady. I am sure all of the above occurred due to extreme over-booking. What a waste!
in Ocala, FL |
This office is a complete joke. I have been working with physicians for many years. The staff has been completely replaced all 3 times I have been in there and now I understand why. This man is just a greedy jerk who has the staff quadruple book appts so that you sit there for 2 hours before you even get called back. Happens on every appt I've had. This time I asked waiting people when there appt was and 5 of them said 9:30. The man has no compassion or professionalism at all. Avoid him!
in Ocala, FL |
I know its not easy to get into Dr. Kim's clinic as a patient because of his popularity based on his excellent reputation. He had mini stroke like symptoms which scared the crap out of me. I was concerned about not able to get into see Dr. Kim soon enough. But Dr. Kim got me in right away once he found out the serioousness of my condition. He streamlined the work up as usual and ruled out serious conditions I was worried about. Thurned out to be complication of my migraine. He is truly gifted.
Thank you for your kind review. I am so happy to hear that I could put your mind at ease and get you back on the road to good health.
in Hernando, FL |
Dr okay but staff is incompetent when dealing with payments. Kept promising to send check but never came. I was overcharged over $500 they have ignored my requests for a refund then after 3 months gave me check but shorted it by $35 because their original check was made out to the wrong party. Not MY FAULT. They don't hesitate to ask for money but when they owe YOU plan on waiting a long time.
I am sorry this occurred. When a patient's insurance provider requires a co-payment, we must collect it at the time of services. If we receive notification from insurance that the patient met the annual deductible, any co-payment collected is refunded. If the insurance co. mails a check to us instead of the patient, it delays the patient's refund. On some days there may be a few patients that need more time with the doctor. Dr. Kim always gives patients and their family his undivided attention.
in Ocala, FL |
Dr. Kim's kind and friendly manner put my 16yo at ease. He also put forth great effort to be as thorough as possible in exploring the reasons behind her issues. I am grateful for the time he spent with us to carefully explain his findings and any action we needed to take. I feel that Ocala is fortunate to have this talented and knowledgeable doctor right in town. It was also nice to not need to travel for testing such as the EEG and MRI which are right in the local facility.
in Ocala, FL |
IF IT WAS NOT FOR DR. KIM I WOULD NOT BE HERE TODAY...MY SPINAL CORD WAS BEING CUT IN HALF AND HE CAUGHT IT IN TIME OR I WOULD BE PARALYZED...HE IS MY SAVIOR.....
in The Villages, Florida |
Dr. Kim is a truly gifted healer. He has wonderful bedside mannerism & not only he is a fantastic physician but also is a fabulous teacher. He has unique way of explaining any complex medical stuff in readily understandable manner which none of dozen doctors I had been seeing before
This is Dr. Kim Responding to the 02/14/16 Review Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. It is so encouraging to hear our service meant so much to you and made such positive impact. Glad to hear you are doing better.
in Ocala, FL |
Dr. Kim is very caring and devoted to the best interest of his patients. He is not only a great near doctor but also a fantastic teacher who loves to teach anyone who is interested in learning. He is so kind and is willing to go extra mile with fight with insurance companies to get best care for his patients. I am so blessed to be his patients
in Ocala, FL |
Doctor Kim is very knowledgeable In his practice. He has helped me very much.
Have you seen Dr. Lance Kim, DO?

Dr. Kim's Care Philosophy

Dr. Kim says...

Dr. Kim responding to the review left on 6/3/2016

Dr. Kim responding to the 04/09/16 review

Thank you so much for your kind words. Central pain syndrome presents with myriad of symptoms often mimicking other disorders, so it can be tricky to diagnose. I am happy that I was able to help you and that you feel much better.

Dr. Kim responding to the 06/13/16 review

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review and share your thoughts with other potential patients online. I am happy to hear that you had a good experience under my care.

Dr. Kim's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurology
  •  Board certified in Clinical Neurophysiology, Neurology, Sleep Medicine and Vascular Neurology

Dr. Kim has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Kim's Board Certifications

• Cerebral Palsy
  • Cerebral Vascular Disease
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chiari's Deformity
  • Chorea (Excluding Huntington's Chorea)
  • Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuritis
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Meningiomas
  • Menstrual Migraine
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Polymyositis
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Postherpetic Neuralgia
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Thrombosis
  • Torticollis
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor

University of Chicago
    Boston University School of Medicine
  • Other Education
    Massachusetts General Hospital

Dr. Kim does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kim and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurology

• Carotid Ultrasound
  • EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • EMG (Electromyography)
  • Evaluation and Treatment of Sleep Disorders
  • MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
  • Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Sleep Study
  • Vestibular Testing

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.

Narrow your results

These featured providers are brought to you by and are on medical staff at: