Dr. Lance Kim, DO

Dr. Lance Kim, DO

Neurology  |
Male
Dr. Lance Kim, DO is a neurology doctor who practices in Ocala, FL. He has been practicing for 24 years.

2237 SW 19th Avenue Rd Ste 101

Ocala, FL 34471

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Kim

See how frequently Dr. Kim performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Diabetic Polyneuropathy
Polyneuropathy
Ataxia

Dr. Kim's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Kim "Florida Neurological Center is committed to delivering high quality, personalized care to people of all ages and in every stage of life. We will continually evaluating the needs of the communities and patients we serve and adding new services and technologies to meet those needs. We treat all those we serve with kindness and compassion. We embrace the whole person, responding to emotional and spiritual concerns as well as physical needs. We are sensitive and caring to those around us. We take personal responsibility for the services we provide and for the perceptions and experiences of the patients and community."

• Neurology

• Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Palsy
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chiari's Deformity
  • Chorea (Excluding Huntington's Chorea)
  • Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuritis
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Meningiomas
  • Menstrual Migraine
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Polymyositis
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Postherpetic Neuralgia
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Thrombosis
  • Torticollis
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor

• Carotid Ultrasound
  • EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • EMG (Electromyography)
  • Evaluation and Treatment of Sleep Disorders
  • MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
  • Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection

• University Of Chicago
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • Massachusetts General Hospital
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Kim has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kim does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kim and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kim's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kim to family and friends
3.4
Dr. Kim Says:

Dr. Kim responding to the review left on 6/3/2016

Thank you for your kind words. I am so happy that I was able to help you before your condition worsened. I appreciate the vote of confidence, and you taking the time to write a review

Dr. Kim responding to the 04/09/16 review

Thank you so much for your kind words. Central pain syndrome

...

Dr. Kim's Performance
in Lady Lake, FL |
Incredible! When I first visited Dr. Kim, I'd already visited two other neurologists (continuously) and had been in their care for several years. I'd also been confined to a wheelchair. Needless to say, I was a complicated case. Nonetheless, Dr. Kim immediately began to see what others had missed and went to work fixing the problems. I received a complicated diagnosis for a condition that would have debilitated further had he not intervened. I also no longer use a wheelchair. Outstanding Doctor.
Thank you for taking the time to post your experience with Dr. Kim. Dr. Kim, has a steadfast dedication to his patients and truly is one of the best at what he does. When we hear these type of results, it makes our hard work worthwhile and we are very appreciative. Thank you for your sharing your thoughts with others.
in Lady Lake, FL |
I moved from Pennsylvania where I used to treated at the U Penn Med center for my MS. Then I moved to Florida & saw couple neurologists but they were so inferior. I got very worried about not having a good MS doctor. Then I was referred to Dr. Kim by my PCP. He was undoubtedly very well versed in MS & was very familiar with all of Meds. In fact he shared with me few new drug I wish I had known sooner. Because I feeling so much better with New Med. I am so grateful to be a patient of Dr. Kim.
We are so happy to hear you feel you have found a place where you are receiving such wonderful care. It can be scary having to switch doctors and we are grateful you choose Dr. Kim. We know you will not be disappointed in your decision. Doctor Kim is one of the best in the industry and truly provides top notch care. Thank you for your feedback.
in Inverness, FL |
He is a doctor that talks to you and LISTENS. He makes you feel like you are dealing with family. He also has wonderful bedside mannerism.
Thank you for your review. My patients and the care they receive are my top priority. I strive to keep my patients at the heart of my care and believe that each patient deserves my best. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with others.
in Lady Lake, Florida |
I had weird numbness and weakness in my legs. I was originally misdiagnosed as "Neuropathy" by bunch of docs in emergency room and even neurologist. Then I was referred to Dr. Kim. He was so wonderful & spent lot of time going over the record & did thorough examination and detected irregularity in my physical findings. He began suspecting potentially serious problem within Spinal cord. MRI clearly showed spinal cord tumor & underwent emergent surgery. Now I am walking all Thnx to Dr. Kim
I am glad to hear you are doing much better. It was my privilege to take care of your condition. It is so rewarding to hear your kind thoughts and I appreciate you sharing your experience with others. Thank you.
in Belleview, Florida |
I have been seeing Dr. Kim for over 10 years. I dont understand some of the less than stellar reviews on him. I have nothing but accolades for heroic intervention Dr. Kim did so many times when I was in crisis with myasthenia gravis. He is most gentle spirited & truly dedicated to his patients. Dr. Kim, please dont let anyone who doesnt comprehend your greatness get you down.
Homosassa, FL |
Worst experience with a doctor ever. He was rude and would not even look at us when talking. The person who called initially with test results gave us completely different report than the doctor gave us. He actually yelled at my wife. There is much more but I won't go into it all. We will never see him again. My wife has serious deficits from a brain tumor that was removed and he said there was never a brain tumor despite the multiple MRI & CT reports in her records that he has.
Sorry to hear about the bad experience, but we do not have your wife in our patient database. You must have selected the wrong doctor profile page and made this post in error. If you would kindly remove your post that would be appreciated.
in Ocala, FL |
I have been seeing Dr. Kim for few years for my MS & other issues. He always been kind & warm & very sesitive to my medical needs. My condition overall is so much better thanks to Dr. Kim
in Gainesville, FL |
I suffer severe headache for all my life and have seen numerous doctors and tried every drug under the sun, but nothing really helped. Then I saw Dr. Kim who is a board certified Headache specialist in Ocala. He felt something odd about my symptoms and suspected increased pressure in my brain. I then underwent lumbar puncture procedure and the pressure in my head was indeed high and got diagnosed with pseudotumor cerebri. My headache finally improved with new meds. I am deeply thankful
in Ocala, Florida |
My dad was referred to Dr. Kim from a hospital after suffering stroke. Nobody at hospital seemed to know why my dad had stroke or what to expect, which was extremely frustrating. On first visit with Dr. Kim, he fully explained the cause of his stroke & rather optimistic prognosis. Everything made perfect sense and we were so happy. Then we realized Dr. Kim was board certified in Stroke. We are so blessed to have met Dr. Kim
Thank you for the kind words. I believe education is key on many levels and I'm glad to hear this helped you. It was my privilege to take care of your dad. Glad to hear he is making progress and look forward to helping you anyway I can.
in Inverness, FL |
My wife has been under care of Dr. Kim for several years for her MS. My wife's MS is progressive type & has not responded to any of typical MS injectable meds. She has been pretty much wheelchair bound. Dr. Kim always has been encouraging & so attentive to her care. He then introduced a New med just been approved by FDA for treatment of Progressive MS. For the first time, my wife can stand & make few steps which no one was expecting. We are ever so grateful for his Great care
Thank you for your kind words and wonderful review. I am so grateful for my courageous patients and find it a privilege to provide care for your wife. I'm so glad to hear she is doing better.
in Williston, Fl. |
He is a great Doctor, he takes time with his patient's, he is very through with his exams and explains the situation to you very well.
Thank you for your wonderful review. I strive to give my patients my very best every day and am happy to hear you had great experience. I appreciate you sharing with others.
in Dunnenllon, FL |
Dr. Kim has been treating my daughter with lifelong epilepsy as well as severe headache. Dr. Kim has always been so kind & understanding and would go extra miles to her the latest & greatest medicine for my daughter. Thanks to Dr. Kim, my daughter got her life back
in Ocala, FL |
I suffer chronic headache that is so severe that I required hospitalization to break it. Majority of Medes typically worked for most people did not work including even Botox. Needless to say, I was feeling hopeless. Then I met a crusade, Dr. Lance Kim, the Headache Neurologist in Ocala. Dr. reviewed medical extensive medical records & long list of meds. Then he proposed unique combination of regimen including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. My headache miraculously responded. I couldn't believe it
Thank you for taking the time to post your 5-star experience. I'm so happy to hear our treatment plan is working and you are finally getting relief from your chronic headaches. I look forward to assisting you with any of your future needs.
in Citrus Springs, FL |
Dr. Kim has been outstanding! The staff has been friendly and helpful at all times. Thank you for the care that you have provided.
Thank you for the kind words and strong vote of confidence. Hope you are doing very well.
Atlanta, GA |
Read the review about MED Marijuana Well, I will say that someone's lying BC a staff member told me that he is the only Dr around here that Rx's MED marijuana & how it helps his gfs MS tremendously Personally, I've never cared for Marijuana It's like I'm allergic to it or something Everyone in the office is RUDE AND aloof,even shoot you dirty drop dead looks & refuse to answer ? S I watched how he treated 1st timers better to hook them in then after that u r treated like cattle, in&out,no speak
Atlanta, GA |
My family and myself are all patients of Dr. Kim for many years. We couldn't ask for a better doctor who has been most kind with willingness go extra miles to get us the best available treatments. We will be inbedted to Dr. Kim forever
Thank you for your kind words and vote of confidence. I hope you are doing well.
in Lady lake |
Ive seen many neoruoligests for my siezures which were not being controlled ! Until I met Dr kim very compassionate,understanding dr takes the time to listen and was there to help me AND DID JUST THAT ! He controled the siezures. I would highly recommend him and as far as the office staff and nurses what can I say they make you feel cared for top notch all the way classy and professional. Saf that they don't take my ins anymore Im still looking for a dr running low on meds . Bob Hoffmann .L.L
Thank you for your kind review. My staff and I are very happy to hear that you are doing so much better and that we are, in large part, responsible for that. I apologize that we no longer take your insurance, but are happy that you now know what medications can help you.
in Villages, FL |
I recently moved to Florida from New York and was concerned about finding a neurologist for my complicated conditions including MS, Headache, Chronic Pain syndrome. I have seen couple of neurologists in Villages but they couldn't comprehend my conditions. Then I was introduced to Dr. Kim by my husband's coworker. OMG. I never met a doctor who was so quick in understanding my complex conditions. He was so empathetic & understanding of what I went through for years. Dr. Kim is such a blessing.
Thank you for your kind review and the vote of confidence. We are so happy that you can have peace of mind knowing that you found a doctor that understands your health challenges. We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review for us.
Ocala FL |
We had an appointment at 9am this morning. It is now 11:45am and we are sitting in a room still waiting to see the dr. ????
We appreciate all feedback and would like to clear up a misconception contained in your review. When patients arrive to our office, they are supposed to sign in. If a patient does not do this, we assume they have accompanied another patient. We recall that quite some time passed before you identified yourself as a patient.
Truth be told Central Pain Syndrome isn't a condition that is described as "some aches and pains". It is a neurological disorder caused by damage to or dysfunction of the CNS. A disordered consisting of agonizing pain signals of many different types at once: burning, freezing, shocking, aching, crushing & spasticity. It affects a persons ability to perform daily tasks & impairs quality of life. Treatments are limited and highly ineffective. There is no cure. Could you handle the pain? Insulting!
We are confused by this "review", as it is an attempted tutorial on a medical condition taken from information obtained on the Internet and not a review of Dr. Kim's care and services. If you are indeed a patient of this office, and wish to discuss your concerns, please call the office.
Dr. Kim said that he could prescribe medical marijuana for my chronic pain, but when we saw him again, he said that he wouldn't be able to, but that another doctor could. I was disappointed with him at this appointment.
While I appreciate feedback, I would like to clear up the inaccuracies in your review. I have never prescribed medical marijuana in my professional life, and thus I would have never promised to anyone that I would prescribe it. Nevertheless, the State of Florida had approved a few conditions for medical marijuana. However, just having some aches and pains is not one of those indications. I clearly stated that there were other doctors elsewhere who may be willing to prescribe medical marijuana.
in Gainesville, Florida |
I suffer chronic migraine since I was a kid. Have gone to numerous doctors including headache specialist for many years. My new family doctor recommended Dr. Kim. I was so impressed by his depth of knowledge & sharp insight into other medical issues I had but didn't know they were related to my headache. He emphasized healthy life choices including stress management & good sleep. He simplied my over 10 meds to only 4 key meds, and Botox every 3~4 months. I feel awesome thanks to Dr. Kim.
Thank you for your kind feedback. I am so happy to learn that I was instrumental in you feeling better. I am here for you whenever you need me.
in Altamonte Springs, FL |
Dr. Kim has always been very thorough & all about the best interest of my health. He & his staff will go extra miles beyond what most medical offices will do to spend exorbitant amount of time to get authorizations for me much needed medications etc. overall my MS related conditions are so much better thanks to Dr. Kim
Thank you for your kind compliments to me and my team. I am fortunate to work with a wonderful group of people and together we strive to provide the highest quality patient care. I am so happy to hear that you are doing better and wish you a safe and happy new year!
in OCALA |
Dr. Kim is comes off as very rude and seems as if he can't be bothered to answer any of your questions or concerns. Never received a clear diagnosis after 4 visits just returned me to work saying there is nothing else he can do with no further explanation - this after waiting over 2 hours on a scheduled appointment (with not so much as an apology) . If you can get through when calling you will be directed to voicemail and most likely never receive a call back. Will never go back nor recommend.
We remember things differently and believe a miscommunication occurred. When a patient asks questions and gives the physician time to answer the question without interrupting and talking over the physician, patients may find the answers they are seeking. We have a busy practice and sometimes emergencies occur which push back our scheduled appointments by a few minutes. This phenomenon occurs in many medical practices, and we do our best to see patients in a timely manner.
in Ocala, FL |
I was seen as a patient for anxiety, sleep and other medication issues after going to 2 other neurologists years earlier. After doing numerous tests and brain scans by Dr. Kim, I was never given any medication from this doctor except for two sample sleeping pills that did not work and made my insomnia worse ever since. Now, after 8 months of not being a patient and no longer being seen at this office, Dr. Kim tried to trick me into taking an Anti-Psychotic, by telling me it was for anxiety.
in Inverness, FL |
Recently moved to Florida and I was looking for a sleep specialist. My GP sent me to Dr. Rubin. The guy clearly was not a sleep specialist- right away he tried to put me on CPAP although my main problem is insomnia. Then I was talking to my neighbor who goes to Dr. Lance Kim and he recommended me to see Dr. Kim who is board certified sleep expert. He ended up having redo the sleep study as the study done at Rubin's office was substandard. Sure enough, my apnea was so mild & didn't need CPAP!!!
Thank you for sharing your story with others online and for the kind review. I am happy to hear that you found the relief you were seeking under my care and that you are doing so much better.
in Ocklawaha FL 32179 |
I saw Dr. Kim a couple of weeks ago. My complaint was being bi polar and a deep depresion. I could not sleep. He wanted to have me stay overnight and gave me two days to prepare. I canceled the appointment as I was fighting this depresion and could not sleep. I had just found out that I had lung cancer and have been frantic . I have lots of other appointments and don't have time to have some one watch me sleep. In fairness to Dr. Kim , he was not told about my lung cancer.
I am sorry to hear about your additional diagnosis. This definitely adds stress to the situation. When you are ready, I am here to help you. Take care, and I hope to hear from you soon.
in Inverness, FL |
I cannot recommend this doctor. I never did hear why I should take 4 new prescriptions, nor did I receive answers to important questions, nor a thorough review of all the many tests I was put through. Also, I am being billed for a large amount of money, as I was too ill to be there, as I informed them twice,even stating I had been to another dr. twice for this malady. I am sure all of the above occurred due to extreme over-booking. What a waste!
in Ocala, FL |
This office is a complete joke. I have been working with physicians for many years. The staff has been completely replaced all 3 times I have been in there and now I understand why. This man is just a greedy jerk who has the staff quadruple book appts so that you sit there for 2 hours before you even get called back. Happens on every appt I've had. This time I asked waiting people when there appt was and 5 of them said 9:30. The man has no compassion or professionalism at all. Avoid him!
in Ocala, FL |
I know its not easy to get into Dr. Kim's clinic as a patient because of his popularity based on his excellent reputation. He had mini stroke like symptoms which scared the crap out of me. I was concerned about not able to get into see Dr. Kim soon enough. But Dr. Kim got me in right away once he found out the serioousness of my condition. He streamlined the work up as usual and ruled out serious conditions I was worried about. Thurned out to be complication of my migraine. He is truly gifted.
Thank you for your kind review. I am so happy to hear that I could put your mind at ease and get you back on the road to good health.
in Hernando, FL |
Dr okay but staff is incompetent when dealing with payments. Kept promising to send check but never came. I was overcharged over $500 they have ignored my requests for a refund then after 3 months gave me check but shorted it by $35 because their original check was made out to the wrong party. Not MY FAULT. They don't hesitate to ask for money but when they owe YOU plan on waiting a long time.
I am sorry this occurred. When a patient's insurance provider requires a co-payment, we must collect it at the time of services. If we receive notification from insurance that the patient met the annual deductible, any co-payment collected is refunded. If the insurance co. mails a check to us instead of the patient, it delays the patient's refund. On some days there may be a few patients that need more time with the doctor. Dr. Kim always gives patients and their family his undivided attention.
in Ocala, FL |
Dr. Kim's kind and friendly manner put my 16yo at ease. He also put forth great effort to be as thorough as possible in exploring the reasons behind her issues. I am grateful for the time he spent with us to carefully explain his findings and any action we needed to take. I feel that Ocala is fortunate to have this talented and knowledgeable doctor right in town. It was also nice to not need to travel for testing such as the EEG and MRI which are right in the local facility.
in Ocala, FL |
IF IT WAS NOT FOR DR. KIM I WOULD NOT BE HERE TODAY...MY SPINAL CORD WAS BEING CUT IN HALF AND HE CAUGHT IT IN TIME OR I WOULD BE PARALYZED...HE IS MY SAVIOR.....
in The Villages, Florida |
Dr. Kim is a truly gifted healer. He has wonderful bedside mannerism & not only he is a fantastic physician but also is a fabulous teacher. He has unique way of explaining any complex medical stuff in readily understandable manner which none of dozen doctors I had been seeing before
This is Dr. Kim Responding to the 02/14/16 Review Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. It is so encouraging to hear our service meant so much to you and made such positive impact. Glad to hear you are doing better.
in Ocala, FL |
Doctor Kim is very knowledgeable In his practice. He has helped me very much.
Have you seen Dr. Lance Kim, DO?

Visit Dr. Kim

• AvMed
    Blue Care Connection PPO
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA