Dr. Lana Hattar, MD

Gastroenterology | Female

Via Christi Clinic On Emporia 818 N Emporia St Ste 107 Wichita, KS 67214 Get Directions
Dr. Lana Hattar, MD
Dr. Lana Hattar, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Wichita, KS. She is 38 years old. Dr. Hattar is affiliated with Wesley Medical Center and Via Christi Hospital St. Francis.

Dr. Hattar's Care Philosophy

Provide the best and most compassionate care for my patients and educate the parents about the child's condition and most up to date treatment options

Dr. Hattar's Experience

See how Dr. Hattar's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hattar

Dr. Hattar accepts 13 insurance carriers

Dr. Hattar is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Hattar has admitting privileges.

Dr. Hattar's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hattar to family and friends
Dr. Hattar's Performance
Wichita, KS |
Dr. Hattar was amazing with our son and family. She helped us through a tough journey as we figured out the best medical plan for our son. She is very professional and great with kids. I would highly recommend her for any family looking for a GI doctor. Thank you Dr. Hattar for all you did for our family!
in Wichita, KS |
VERY VERY HELPFUL. Really cared about my care and my treatment. She was also interested in how my life was going as I transitioned into college and onto another gastroenterologist. Would most definitely recommend her.
Wichita, KS |
Dr. Hattar is such a wonderful pediatric gastroenterologist. She has the best bedside manner and she is extremely knowledgeable. I have truly been impressed with the care she provided my child and I would recommend her to anyone.
Wichita, KS |
One of the things that makes Dr. Hattar an excellent doctor is her ability to explain medical conditions and procedures in terms an non-medical person can understand. She also took time to communicate directly to my daughter who has intellectual challenges.
Newton, KS |
Very professional and I felt comfortable with the plan for my child. Office got us right in and with diagnostic studies the next day. I appreciate the accommodation they showed to us.
Wichita, KS |
Dr. Hattar takes the time to listen to the medical concerns and does a wonderful job at explaining the medical conditions and treatment. She is very personable and works hard at building a healthy rapport with the parent/caregiver and patient. She is highly knowledgeable and I highly recommend her. We are blessed to have her serving the Wichita community.
in wichita ks |
Dr. Hattar was absolutely amazing with my son. She really cared and was very quick to get with me anytime I needed her.
in Wichita, KS |
I would absolutely reccommend Dr. Hattar. She was extremely knowledgeable and did a great job of helping teach my husband and me exactly why my daughter was suffering with constipation (which had caused a rectal prolapse) and what to do about it. Not only that, but what she recommended we do about it, worked like magic. We are now a lot more knowledgeable as parents when it comes to potty issues thanks to Dr. Hattar.
in Rose Hill |
My son was diagnosed by Dr Hattar 5 years ago. Since then his condition has stabilized greatly and he has remained in remission. Dr Hattar has always seemed more like a concerned family member than just a medical professional and always makes us feel included in the decisions made about our son. Her staff are great as well. Jill, Andrea and Megan always do what they can to make his treatments more comfortable and Andrea recently helped out with a nightmare insurance issue! Thanks again!
in Wichita, KS |
We came to see Dr. Hattar after my 2 month old son was in constant pain and not gaining weight. What a blessing she has been to my son! We had been searching for an answer- Dr. Hattar was the one who diagnosed the problem and had a clear plan of care for him. She is very knowledgeable and I felt like our son was in the best hands! She spent quality time listening to my concerns. I have called her 'our angel' because that is what she is! I now have a HAPPY and HEALTHY 5 month old thanks to her!
in Rose Hill, KS |
Dr visit times are usually not a time you look forward to, especially when it's your child who is not feeling well. But luckily, there is Dr. Hattar, who changes all that! Her smile & persona set you at ease immediately! You genuinely feel that she cares about your child & their well being just like you do as a parent. The trust she's earned with me goes beyond measure, and I would recommend her VERY HIGHLY to any parent who is trying to find someone to care for their young one's gastro issues!
in Wichita, KS |
When she saw my baby, she told me that my baby looked very sick and she ordered some blood tests for him. After 3 hours, she told me that my baby's blood count was very low. She told us that we had to bring him to the hospital right away. She took care of my baby as if he was her own child. All of her knowledge and kindness helped my baby get better and now he is doing very well. I came here over 16 years ago and she is the best doctor I have seen. Thank you for everything you did for us.
Seemed to disregard the research I had done. Recommended formula over breastmilk. Also stated the formula was specially formulated to give more calories. That's not true. Assumes you will agree to everything she says because she's says I'd give it to my kids. I needed to breastfeed and they kicked me out because they needed to room.
Have you seen Dr. Lana Hattar, MD?
Are you Dr. Hattar?

Compare Dr. Hattar

Dr. Hattar's Care Philosophy

Provide the best and  most compassionate care  for my patients and educate the parents about the child's condition and most up to date treatment options

Dr. Hattar's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gastroenterology
  •  Board certified in Pediatric Gastroenterology and Pediatrics
  •  Malpractice claims in Kansas not available

Dr. Hattar has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kansas.

Why It Matters: Dr. Hattar's Board Certifications

• Diarrhea
  • Encopresis
  • Failure to Thrive
  • Food Allergy
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastroparesis

Texas Children's Hospital

Completed in 2010

• Arabic
  • French

Dr. Hattar does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hattar and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gastroenterology
  • Pediatric Gastroenterology

• Capsule Endoscopy
  • Colonoscopy With Polypectomy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Esophageal Dilatation