Dr. Lan Chen, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Female · Age 40

Dr. Chen

North Shore Orthopedic Institute

2180 Pfingsten Rd # 3100 Glenview, IL 60026

Dr. Lan Chen, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Glenview, IL and has been practicing for 8 years. She graduated from Columbia University College Of Physicians and Surgeons in 2005 and specializes in orthopedic surgery and orthopedic foot & ankle surgery.

Dr. Chen accepts

Dr. Chen accepts the following insurance:

Coventry Health Care
Coventry Health America PPO
HealthLink
HealthLink PPO
Preferred PPO

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Chen's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Chen's Top Procedures and Conditions

Foot Sprain

Dr. Chen treats Foot Sprain more than 100% of her peers

Foot Fracture

Dr. Chen treats Foot Fracture more than 100% of her peers

Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture

Dr. Chen treats Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture more than 100% of her peers

Dr. Chen treats this condition more than 100% of her peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Achilles Tendon Rupture

• Hip Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Hip Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Closed
  • Hip Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Open
  • Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon
  • Systemic Chondromalacia
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Tibia or Fibula Stress Fracture
  • Trigger Finger

I believe that every patient is unique and I tailor a treatment plan to the personal goals and lifestyle of each patient.  I know that foot and ankle pain can be debilitating, and it is my goal to restore each patient's mobility to the highest level.  I employ a careful approach to help patients navigate through all reasonable conservative treatment efforts prior to exploring surgery.

• Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery

2011
Hospital For Special Surgery
2010
Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center (New York Presbyterian)
2006
Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center (New York Presbyterian)
2005

Dr. Chen?
Dr. Chen's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Lan Chen, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Dr. Chen repaired my ruptured Achilles. she did a terrific job. I have participated in athletics all my life (in my late 60's) and was not prepared to quit. When a skin irritation developed near the incision i called the office, Dr. Chen was on vacation. the staff reached her and she prescribed a solution, and followed up several times while still on vacation. What Dr. does that these days? I am back participating in sports as scheduled thanks to Dr Chen. I can not over express how happy i am with the kind and skillful care Dr. Chen provided.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lan Chen, MD?
She is an excellent surgeon! She performed an extensive reconstructive surgery on my foot. She was not only skilled in the procedure, she was attentive to detail to make sure that everything went according to plan. She had a wonderful doctor/patient relationship with me and was involved in follow up thru the healing and physical therapy stages of my recovery. She is actually the best doctor I have ever had.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lan Chen, MD?
Very thorough, and spent considerable time with my husband and I to answer all of our questions. Dr. Chen discovered that I had a Vitamin D deficiency, and brought my level up to normal prior to the surgery which allowed for the best chance of a successful recovery. I received excellent pre and post operative care for both surgeries with Dr. Chen.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lan Chen, MD?
I walked at his office in crutches after 11 weeks using a boot and in a lot of pain. I left her office without crutches with tennis shoes and without having to take Ibuprofen 800 mg three times a day, no surgery as it was suggested by the podiatrist I was seeing. Miracle? Not at all. Right diagnosis, careful examination, and direction to the right way lots of physical therapy, use of topic gel without intoxicating my kidneys and careful listening to the patient. Thank you Dr Chen!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lan Chen, MD?
Lan was great! Her office was accomodating to my schedule and the appointment did not feel rushed. She was really able to listen and cared about my treatment. The healing process went smoothly after my procedure and there were no complications. I would reccommened her to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lan Chen, MD?
I couldn't be happier with the care Dr. Chen and her staff provided. Very friendly, professional and helpful. They took great care of me from surgery through recovery and physical therapy. They are the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lan Chen, MD?
I went to Dr. Chan for a second opinion when ankle pain had sidelined me from running for 6 months. A previous doctor from IBJ told me it was a slow-healing stress fracture. It was not. Dr. Chan looked at the MRIs and X-rays and figured out it was related to inflamation in the ankle joint. She fixed the problem with a cortisone shot and I've been running pain-free for 18 months
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lan Chen, MD?
Dr. Lan Chen is an amazing orthopedic surgeon. She is very talented, knowledgeable, skillful and have a great personality. The way she applies the cast for my lower extremity was so perfect that there was no swelling when it was removed--I would recommend her to all my clients, family and friends. Thank you so much Dr. Chen for all you did for me. My fibula fracture is all healed because of your meticulous care and guidance.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lan Chen, MD?
Dr. Chen was exceptional and my surgery was an absolute success. Exceptional because from the initial visit she was very through in not only her examination and displayed a very caring manner , but also in explaining the diagnosis, the treatment options with the pluses and minuses of each as well as what to expect after. My wife and I came away with little or no anxiety, confident I was in good hands. I also made a point of thanking Dr R TANNEY for deferring me to such an excellent surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lan Chen, MD?
Dr Chen clearly explains the condition and treatment each step along the way. She listens and thoughtfully and thoroughly answers all questions. I have had complete confidence in her skills and am very pleased with the results of my foot surgery. Dr Chen is also a very nice person.I have had an excellent experience and would recommend her to family and friends
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lan Chen, MD?
I would most certainly recommend Dr. Chen to all of my family and friends. My surgery went well, I didn"t experience much pain at all.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lan Chen, MD?
I met Dr. Chen through a second opinion about recommended foot surgery. I was impressed immediately with her credentials and experience, but especially with her excellent communication skills. She has a friendly manner and explained the disadvantages of NOT having the procedure, providing clear (non-technical) information about why it was so essential for my future functioning. She is approachable, a good listener and doesn't seem to be in a hurry to get to the next patient.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lan Chen, MD?
Two years ago Dr. Chen diagnosed a calcaneus fracture after E-room failed to spot it and carefully monitored its healing. More recently, she diagnosed a disabling toe deformity a podiatrist did not detect. She welcomed and responded thoroughly to all my questions about corrective surgery. Excellent results are no doubt due to Dr. Chen's expert diagnostic and surgical skills. She and her nurse Natalia are caring listeners and truly first-rate professionals -- recommended without reservation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lan Chen, MD?
First appointment with Dr. Chen was three months ago and she diagnosed that I had Plantar Faciitis. She recommended a regime of foot exercises initially and stressed that if this did not work a Cortisone injection might be required. Exercises helped and reduced the pain by about 50%, I went back for the Cortisone injection today. Dr. Chen carefully explained about the injection and put me at ease. The injection was administered without pain or incident. My foot is already feeling 100% better.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lan Chen, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Chen?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Chen treats patients.

Evanston Hospital