Dr. Lan Chen, MD

Dr. Chen
Telehealth services available

North Shore Orthopedic Institute

2180 Pfingsten Rd # 3100 Glenview, IL 60026

Dr. Lan Chen, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Glenview, IL. Dr. Chen has more experience with Ankle/Foot than other specialists in her area. She is affiliated with medical facilities such as Evanston Hospital and Glenbrook Hospital. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Chen to book an appointment.

Dr. Chen's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Chen

3.8

Dr. Chen?
What People Say About Dr. Lan Chen, MD
broke ankle in 3 places. ankle was reduced in er, and Northshore System recommended Dr. Chen. dr. did surgery a few days later, and I recovered perfectly and can walk 4-5 miles at a time. She was incredible to work with, and always gave me her complete attention, when I asked so many questions, since never breaking a bone before. I would highly recommend Dr. Chen to everyone.
ARLENEP – Jan 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lan Chen, MD?
Had a great experience with Dr Chen. The surgery for my left achilles tear went well and I have had a very easy recovery. I received all the information I needed to make a full recovery. I would definitely recommend Dr Chen...
Dec 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lan Chen, MD?
Dr Chen repaired my broken fibula surgically. I highly recommend her based on my experience. Dr. Chen explained the trauma in my ankle and what my options for treating it. I asked her to do surgery on the ankle. The surgery went well and my recovery was just as Dr Chen told me it would be. Dr. Chen is an excellent surgeon and is great in follow up visits, directly explaining what I should expect and how my body was healing. It’s been six months since my surgery and I am very happy with my experience with Dr. Chen. Her assistant and staff is excellent as well.
Tom Davis – Oct 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lan Chen, MD?
Broke my ankle skiing and Dr. Chen was so kind, caring, and put me at ease- had never had surgery before and she let me know what to expect every step of the way. Great staff and office!
Ashley Dempsey – Oct 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lan Chen, MD?
basically refused to answer any questions. refused to show me my xray. flat out lied about my recovery time. went for a month with no answers and large amounts of anxiety due to her entire lack of empathy and bedside manner. invalidated my fears and concerns. i got a much better second opinion from rush orthopedics. don't bother at all with this woman.
Elise – Oct 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lan Chen, MD?
This is my third attempt to try to leave a very positive review for Dr. Lan Chen. Dr. Chen treated me for a fractured ankle. She and her excellent team, especially Natalia treated me with respect as an individual and not just an ankle fracture. I was informed and part of every step of my surgery and rehab. Dr. Chen even took a consultation phone call from my cardiologist before setting up my surgery. Dr. Chen even came up to my Pre-Op room to apologetically inform me that my surgery would be backed up a little, due to unforeseen circumstances in the prior patient's procedure. When I shared that story with family, no one had ever been shown that courtesy by any of their doctors. I feel fortunate to have been treated by Dr. Chen and will recommend to anyone who would need her care.
Susan Schubert – Jul 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lan Chen, MD?
Dr. Chen repaired my ruptured Achilles. she did a terrific job. I have participated in athletics all my life (in my late 60's) and was not prepared to quit. When a skin irritation developed near the incision i called the office, Dr. Chen was on vacation. the staff reached her and she prescribed a solution, and followed up several times while still on vacation. What Dr. does that these days? I am back participating in sports as scheduled thanks to Dr Chen. I can not over express how happy i am with the kind and skillful care Dr. Chen provided.
May 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lan Chen, MD?
She is an excellent surgeon! She performed an extensive reconstructive surgery on my foot. She was not only skilled in the procedure, she was attentive to detail to make sure that everything went according to plan. She had a wonderful doctor/patient relationship with me and was involved in follow up thru the healing and physical therapy stages of my recovery. She is actually the best doctor I have ever had.
Mar 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lan Chen, MD?
Very thorough, and spent considerable time with my husband and I to answer all of our questions. Dr. Chen discovered that I had a Vitamin D deficiency, and brought my level up to normal prior to the surgery which allowed for the best chance of a successful recovery. I received excellent pre and post operative care for both surgeries with Dr. Chen.
Dawn Simpson in Spring Grove , IL – Jan 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lan Chen, MD?
I walked at his office in crutches after 11 weeks using a boot and in a lot of pain. I left her office without crutches with tennis shoes and without having to take Ibuprofen 800 mg three times a day, no surgery as it was suggested by the podiatrist I was seeing. Miracle? Not at all. Right diagnosis, careful examination, and direction to the right way lots of physical therapy, use of topic gel without intoxicating my kidneys and careful listening to the patient. Thank you Dr Chen!
Margarida Rocha in Lincolnwood, IL – Oct 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lan Chen, MD?
Lan was great! Her office was accomodating to my schedule and the appointment did not feel rushed. She was really able to listen and cared about my treatment. The healing process went smoothly after my procedure and there were no complications. I would reccommened her to anyone.
Alina Susral in Park Ridge, IL – Aug 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lan Chen, MD?
I couldn't be happier with the care Dr. Chen and her staff provided. Very friendly, professional and helpful. They took great care of me from surgery through recovery and physical therapy. They are the best!
David Hamilton in Chicago – Apr 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lan Chen, MD?
I went to Dr. Chan for a second opinion when ankle pain had sidelined me from running for 6 months. A previous doctor from IBJ told me it was a slow-healing stress fracture. It was not. Dr. Chan looked at the MRIs and X-rays and figured out it was related to inflamation in the ankle joint. She fixed the problem with a cortisone shot and I've been running pain-free for 18 months
Apr 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lan Chen, MD?
Dr. Lan Chen is an amazing orthopedic surgeon. She is very talented, knowledgeable, skillful and have a great personality. The way she applies the cast for my lower extremity was so perfect that there was no swelling when it was removed--I would recommend her to all my clients, family and friends. Thank you so much Dr. Chen for all you did for me. My fibula fracture is all healed because of your meticulous care and guidance.
Zahra Jiwani in Glenview, il – Nov 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lan Chen, MD?
Dr. Chen was exceptional and my surgery was an absolute success. Exceptional because from the initial visit she was very through in not only her examination and displayed a very caring manner , but also in explaining the diagnosis, the treatment options with the pluses and minuses of each as well as what to expect after. My wife and I came away with little or no anxiety, confident I was in good hands. I also made a point of thanking Dr R TANNEY for deferring me to such an excellent surgeon.
William Rajski in Kildeer, Illinois – Sep 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lan Chen, MD?
Dr Chen clearly explains the condition and treatment each step along the way. She listens and thoughtfully and thoroughly answers all questions. I have had complete confidence in her skills and am very pleased with the results of my foot surgery. Dr Chen is also a very nice person.I have had an excellent experience and would recommend her to family and friends
Sarah Cochran in Evanston, Il – Aug 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lan Chen, MD?
I would most certainly recommend Dr. Chen to all of my family and friends. My surgery went well, I didn"t experience much pain at all.
Evanston, IL – Jul 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lan Chen, MD?
I met Dr. Chen through a second opinion about recommended foot surgery. I was impressed immediately with her credentials and experience, but especially with her excellent communication skills. She has a friendly manner and explained the disadvantages of NOT having the procedure, providing clear (non-technical) information about why it was so essential for my future functioning. She is approachable, a good listener and doesn't seem to be in a hurry to get to the next patient.
Penny Davoren in Chicago IL – Mar 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lan Chen, MD?
Two years ago Dr. Chen diagnosed a calcaneus fracture after E-room failed to spot it and carefully monitored its healing. More recently, she diagnosed a disabling toe deformity a podiatrist did not detect. She welcomed and responded thoroughly to all my questions about corrective surgery. Excellent results are no doubt due to Dr. Chen's expert diagnostic and surgical skills. She and her nurse Natalia are caring listeners and truly first-rate professionals -- recommended without reservation.
Ruth Chojnacki in Chicago, IL – Mar 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lan Chen, MD?
First appointment with Dr. Chen was three months ago and she diagnosed that I had Plantar Faciitis. She recommended a regime of foot exercises initially and stressed that if this did not work a Cortisone injection might be required. Exercises helped and reduced the pain by about 50%, I went back for the Cortisone injection today. Dr. Chen carefully explained about the injection and put me at ease. The injection was administered without pain or incident. My foot is already feeling 100% better.
Steve B in Chicago, IL – Aug 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lan Chen, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Chen?

I believe that every patient is unique and I tailor a treatment plan to the personal goals and lifestyle of each patient.  I know that foot and ankle pain can be debilitating, and it is my goal to restore each patient's mobility to the highest level.  I employ a careful approach to help patients navigate through all reasonable conservative treatment efforts prior to exploring surgery.

2000