Dr. Lalitha Sunder, MD

Cardiology | Female

Dr. Lalitha Sunder, MD
Dr. Lalitha Sunder, MD is a cardiology doctor who practices in Houston, TX. She is 53 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Sunder is affiliated with Memorial Hermann - Texas Medical Center and Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical Center.

Dr. Sunder's Experience

See how Dr. Sunder's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Sunder

Dr. Sunder accepts 15 insurance carriers

Dr. Sunder is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Sunder has admitting privileges.

Dr. Sunder's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sunder to family and friends
Dr. Sunder's Performance
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Sunder has been my cardiologist for the past 16 years. I always appreciate her knowledge, her professionalism, and most of all, her high level of concern for her patients' well being. She is an amazing MD and a very warm person with a positive outlook on life which I find very reassuring.
in Houston, TX |
The most wonderful experience i ever had at a doctors office, was obviously uneasy at first but boy did she calm me down tremendously! Such amazing bed side manner and she is so thorough; doesn't leave no stone un-turned. Then her staff is so courteous; her manager is very helpful and friendly and her medical assistant is so upbeat and actually treats you like a person. Definitely don't see that a lot anymore now a days. Would recommend her to anybody who wants a caring doctor!!
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Sunder is a fantastic cardiologist. She listens and acts accordingly.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Sunder takes the time to listen, ask questions, and actually involves me in my treatment plan. I credit Dr. Sunder with sending me to the specialists I needed in order to treat and eliminate my chronic, persistent a-fib. I have been in sinus rhythm since September, 2016. Thank you, Dr. Sunder!
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Sunder was the Dr. on call in the ER which is where I met her a couple of years ago. It was my lucky day that she was the one to take on my case as she is a great doctor. Very caring, calming and professional. Ironically, it turned out she would have been the one my primary doctor would have sent me to as a referral. I am very comfortable that I am getting the best treatment.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Sunder is an excellant doctor and individual. She is very thorough in her attention to your health and at the same time a very devoted mother. I am very comfortable with her evaluation of what is best for me. What also is surprising is her great sense of humor and good bedside manner. You will be very satisfied using her as your cardiologist.
in Houston,Texas |
Dr. Sunder, I my opinion, is a wonderful Cardiologist, I have been seeing her for some years now. I am very happy with her. She always has some great insite to my situation, and her bedside manner is superior!
Houston, TX |
I have known Dr. Sunder for twelve years now, back from when it was just her and her office manager, Patricia. We met when I had my heart attack, a complete blockage. Not only did she literally save my life, but she has helped me stayed healthy and happy and I look forward to being a patient for many years to come.
in Houston, TX |
If you are in need of a good heart doctor, I would highly recommend Dr Sunder. Dr. Sunder has done a great job in evaluating my overall health. She asks the appropriate questions and performs her due diligence in conducting and evaluating test results, as well, performing surgery. She's has been very attentive to the small details in helping me progress to a more healthier lifestyle.
in Houston, TX |
My likelihood of recommending Dr. Sunder to family and friends is excellent. She has been wonderful with me.
in Houston ,TX |
Dr. Sunder is the most competent and caring doctor I have ever met, I have been seeing Dr. Sunder since my heart attack four years ago, excellent doctor and I would recommend her to everybody.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Sunder has been my cardiologist for 10 years. I could not recommend her any higher. I have been under her care since my second heart attack. I have several stents in my heart placed by Dr. Sunder. My wife is also a patient of hers and is very happy with the care she has received as well.
Katy, TX |
We are soooo blessed to have found Dr. Sunder. She has brought my husband through several different situations. She is an outstanding doctor--one who is kind and patient. She spends a lot of time with her patients. We never feel rushed and she takes time to explain everything to us. We truly do not want to lose Dr. Sunder as our doctor!
in Houston, TX |
I had my first visit with Dr Sunder on 2-21. After my cardiologist of 12 yrs retired, I chose her based on research and reviews. Best choice ever!! First visit she listened, reviewed records I brought. Did and EKG; Echo and I was connected to a Holter monitor. This week I did a nuclear stress test. That is being very thorough and I was very pleased. Office personnel/nurse all very nice. I feel confident she will be an excellent doctor for me.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Sunder is very thorough and professional. She discussed all the results from the tests done in her office and tests collected from other physicians. Dr. Sunder reviewed all the information with us and layed out a plan of action. We felt very confident in her decisions and explanations. I would highly recommend Dr. Sunder.
Houston, TX |
Dr. Sunder is an excellent doctor. She was very polite and professional. She took the time to explain everything she was doing. I would recommend Dr. Sunder to everyone. She is the best cardiologist ever.
in Houston, TX |
I was having a horrible pounding in my chest and head and after three other doctors, Dr. Sunder looked at me and within 5 minutes diagnosed my severe anemia. Three hours later, I was checking into the hospital and over a three period received four pints of blood. She is very caring and patient and listens to your entire situation even though she has patients waiting. You do not feel rushed. I would highly recommend her for cardiac care.
in Lake Charles, LA |
I have been with Dr. Sunder since 2000. I drive 2 1/2 hours to see her. She has literally pulled me back from the brink of death. She is totally accessible by phone anytime I need her in between my regular checkups. Every test I need is available in her office. It is well worth the drive to see such a knowledgeable and friendly doctor. Her office staff is wonderful, which is a direct result of any doctor's influence. A few of my local friend's have chosen her as their cardiologist, also.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Sunder is very competent and caring. I have had three stents and a pacemaker installed by Dr. Sunder with success and absolutely no accompanying issues or complications. Her assistant and staff are cooperative and helpful, with never any problems.
in Katy, Tx |
Dr. Sunder has been keeping my husband Cliff alive for 15 years. She is the best doctor ever and, in my experience, so very competent. Her honesty and decisions have saved his life 3 separate times. Her decisions have always been in the best interest of Cliffs, and she is truly a hero in our eyes. Cliff & I will never stop praising Dr. Sunder for going the extra mile to make sure that everything is being done to keep Cliff well and still living a great life. Thank you so much - Sandra & Cliff
in Katy, TX |
Dr. Sunder has been my cardiologist since my heart attack in Jan. 2006. She was "on call" at the hospital that evening and literally saved my life. In 2008 I had bypass surgery and she was there to take care of me. She is very knowledgeable, compassionate, caring, and, spends time getting to know her patients. I have no problems asking her any questions or concerns I have about my health, as she is always willing to address them. She is an excellent doctor and I am very glad that I have her as m
in Houston, TX |
I first visited Dr. Sunder three years ago related to a worsening heart murmur. She diagnosed severe aortic insufficiency and monitored me for a year to determine the right time for surgical intervention. She referred me to an excellent cardio-thoracic surgeon who performed an aortic valve replacement in 2014. Dr. Sunder has provided attentive and excellent care in the difficult post surgery period. I am very confident in her treatment and appreciative of her level of care.
in Houston, TX |
I met Dr. Sunder nine years ago during a cardiac emergency. As my attending cardiologist, her professionalism instantly gave me reassurance and put me at ease. Her entire demeanor was the comfort both my family and I needed. Gratefully, my stent procedure was a success. From that time forth, Dr. Sunder has diligently monitored and cared for my health, never missing the slightest symptom. I credit her for the great health I enjoy today. Her reputation is well deserved.
in Houston, TX |
I was suffering from excessive blood pressure for over a decade. I did not have any improvement in my condition after working with number of cardiologists in different states. when I visited Dr. Lalitha Sunder a bit more than two years ago my BP was over 220/100. hard to believe I survived. it didn't take her any time to improve my BP by completely changing my medicines. My BP dropped down to below 140/80 in six months. It's been steady below 120/75 for the entire past year. SHE'S THE BEST.
in Katy, TX |
Dr. Sunder is very thorough and takes the necessary precautions to ensure patients get the proper care. She evaluates and reviews past records to determine appropriate progress and next steps. She takes her time to explain Ned's, procedures and test. She shows appropriate empathy but explains the facts.i recommend her service.
in Houston, TX |
Excellent cardiologist. Dr. Sunder diagnosed me with having several areas of serious blockage fourteen yrs. ago which was follow with a bi-pass surgery. I have regular checkups with her and have remained in great health.
in katy, tx |
Dr. Sunder has been my husband's cardiologist since he had a heart attack in January, 2006 Dr. Sunder inserted three stents and saved his life. He has been under her care since that time. Again, in 2008, when he began to have chest pains, she scheduled him for an angiogram which showed that he had several blockages, and she immediately scheduled him for bypass surgery. She is also my cardiologist and I recommend her very highly.
in Houston, TX |
She diagnosed a blockage. Put in a stent. Immediate relief. Takes time to explain. Excellent follow up. No further problems. Highly recommend her.
in Houston, TX |
The doctor is excellent but her staff in rude.
in Houston, TX |
Dr Sunder diagnosed my arterial blockage efficiently and carried out the surgery quickly - that was 5 years ago. Under her care I have had no problems since. She is methodical, knowledgeable and caring and compassionate.
in Houston |
I highly recommend Dr. Sunder. She has been treating both my mother and me for many years. She's a great listener and communicator. Most of all, she is compassionate and incredibly knowledgeable.
in Houston, TX |
My experience with Dr. Sunder and staff has only been positive. Dr. Sunder LISTENS!
in Katy, TX |
Dr. Sunder is so caring and will talk with you about your condition just as long as you need! She knows just how to choose the proper drugs to help you deal with your individual issues. I consider her a friend as well as my wonderful heart doctor! If you are looking for a cardiologist, you should really consider seeing Dr. Sunder! Her long-time front desk help, Patricia, is also awesome!
in Houston |
Doctor Sunder is hands-down one of the best cardiologist doctors I have seen in my life! Her demeanor and bed-side manner is calm, positive, thorough, attentive, flexible, and personal. Doctor Sunder made me feel comfortable and relaxed and asked me questions about my health no doctor has ever done before. I had the sense that this doctor REALLY cared about my whole being. Honestly, what a wonderful thing to have a doctor who actually cares about my well-being!
in Houston, TX |
I came upon Dr. Sunder somewhat by accident when she was filling in for an associate when I had an unexpected heart event. She is a very thorough, compassionate, understanding, and caring individual. She has doctored me through a stent, bypass surgery, and follow-up care over a 13 year period. I have recommended her to others looking for a cardiologist and will continue to do so. To sum Dr. Sunder up in one word: She is my hero.
in Houston, TX |
She saved my husband's life - literally. He was brought into the emergency room and no one could figure out exactly what was going on with him - long story short, he had a 100% blockage of the widow-maker but was alive because his heart had created it's own by-pass around the clogged artery. That was 15 years ago and he's still going strong because of Dr. Sunder and good meds.
Have you seen Dr. Lalitha Sunder, MD?
Are you Dr. Sunder?

Compare Dr. Sunder

Dr. Sunder's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Cardiology
  •  Board certified in Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology

Dr. Sunder has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Sunder's Board Certifications

• Cardiomegaly
  • Cardiomyopathy
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease

Graduated in 1987

Completed in 1992

Completed in 1994

Baylor

Dr. Sunder does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sunder and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Cardiology
  • Interventional Cardiology

• Ablation for Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Cardiac MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) of Heart or Chest
  • Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent
  • Non-Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy, and Stenting
  • Pacemaker Insertion or Replacement
  • Peripheral Artery Catheterization
  • Thoracentesis
  • Tilt Testing or Cardiac Event Monitors
  • Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary)
  • Vascular Duplex Ultrasonography and Plethysmography