Dr. Lali Sekhon, MD

Dr. Lali Sekhon, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

Treating patients how we would want our family treated.

Dr. Lali Sekhon, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Reno, NV. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Dr. Sekhon is affiliated with Northern Nevada Medical Center, Renown Regional Medical Center, Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center, Carson Tahoe Sierra Surgery and Saint Mary's Regional Medical Center.

Dr. Sekhon's Experience

See how Dr. Sekhon's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Sekhon

Dr. Sekhon accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Sekhon has admitting privileges.

Dr. Sekhon's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sekhon to family and friends
Dr. Sekhon's Performance
Sparks, NV |
Highly recommend.
in Gardnerville |
I would recommend Dr. Sekhon to anyone with a back issue. He is the best of the best. I found him via the internet. He explains everything in detail. The surgery was exceptional and the recovery time the same. He listens to your concerns. His PA Greg Graves is also exceptional. Healing time was exactly what he said it would be. I had my surgery at Northern Nevada Medical Center and rate it 5 stars also. I highly recommend him!
Wilmington, DE |
Dr. Sekhon is fantastic, I would highly recommend him.
in Reno, NV |
I had a lumbar spinal fusion, and it is now 5 months post-op. From the moment I met Dr. Sekhon, I knew I found the perfect surgeon for me. He spent 45 minutes with my husband and I during my initial consult. He is extremely compassionate, thoughtful, and confident in how he can help his patients and their caregivers. Never did I feel a sense of a arrogance. His entire team took great care of me- from scheduling until I was released.
in Yerington, NV |
Dr. Sekhon has performed two surgeries on me, an Anterior Cervical Decompression with Fusion at C5-C7 and a Semi Hemispherical Laminectomy with Microdiscectomy at L5-S1. He and his staff were diligent in making me aware of all treatment options, having me follow the least invasive options first when possible. I never felt rushed, or really that there were any other patients other than me. Dr. Sekhon and his team are phenomenal at what they do and the care they provide is exceptional.
in Sparks, NV |
Dr. Sekhon and his staff are the best!! Fit me in looked at all my records, and actually changed my life! He sat with me and went over everything and helped me to be in almost no pain! I feel so blessed that he is my Dr. And I know I'm the best hands with him and his staff!! Caring, kind, professional, knowledgeable!! This is the best office!
in Reno, NV |
Dr. Sekhon and his staff are amazing! I felt so cared for and confident that all would go well going into surgery. My recovery has been easier than I ever expected and three months postop I feel great !! Dr Sekhon is THE BEST!!
Janesville, CA |
I appreciated how Dr.Sekhon ordered and studied my test results before we met for my consultation appointment . Not only did that let me know I was valued as a person and that he truely thought about my options, but that he was prepared to talk to me about my issues. He took the time to ask me a lot of questions. The interview and the diagnostic tests together gave him a complete picture of my problem allowing us both to make the best informed decision regarding my care and treatment.
in Reno, NV |
Would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Sekhon. i had to have an unexpected craniotomy and was very fortunate he was the neurosurgeon on call. He was in contact with my wife to tell her what was happening and what to expect. His staff is outstanding and available to answer any questions and follow through with post op appts. and necessary testing. It was a very stressful time and if Dr. Sekhon and his staff are in charge of your care you will be in good hands.
Reno, NV |
My husband and I have both been patients of Dr Sekhon and recommend him to anyone who has spine/back issues. He is very thorough with examinations, informational materials, follow-up appointments. My husband has VA and Dr Sekhon made sure everything was in order prior to proceding with surgery.
in Reno, NV |
In fact, I have referred my friends to Dr. Sekhon and he helped them also. I suggest anyone with back problems to at least consult with him for a second opinion. He's a knowledgeable and professional man with lots of experience. I did a lumbar fusion on me almost 9 years ago and I'm still going strong. He has a very skilled surgery team also. I would refer him anytime to anyone.
in Reno, Nevada |
I've had low back pain issues for 20+ years. I treated with Spine Nevada for over 15 months, then finally scheduled for extensive surgery but not allowed to meet the surgeon before surgery. I consulted Dr. Sekhon for a 2ND opinion. I saw him on my very first visit! I immediately felt so safe & secure with my care in his hands. Because of Dr. Sekhon's surgical skill & expertise in performing my complicated surgery, I have virtually no more pain & numbness. I feel better than I have in 25 years!
in Sparks, NV |
Dr Sekhon and his staff truly cared about my well being. They explained everything thoroughly, had a great bedside manner, and took care of all of my needs and concerns. Would highly recommend them to Everyone!!
in Independence, CA |
I was so fortunate to have been referred to Dr. Sekhon. I found him to be very patient and understanding, giving me 45 minutes of time for my walk in off the street appointment. He listened to me, and discussed my situation with me in a manner I could understand. He successfully performed what I believe was an extremely complex surgical procedure on me. His aftercare has been excellent, frequently checking on me (I live 220 miles away). I am very grateful to him and his entire staff.
in Reno NV |
Outstanding surgeon, caring person with a first class staff and Physician Assistant (Greg Graves).
in Sparks, NV |
I would highly recommend Dr. Sekhon if you need spinal surgery. Four years ago I went to him with pain but he wanted to try conservative treatment first. This included an epidural and physical therapy. I've recently gone back to see him and after looking at my MRI this time he said he recommended surgery this time. He is so knowledgeable and is able to explain what is going on, what the surgery does, and he doesn't hold anything back. I'm 3 mo post op and doing great. NO PAIN
in Reno, NV |
Having consulted several other Doctors and after numerous unsuccessful treatments & therapies; and a surgical recommendation, so happy to see Dr. Sekhon. He came highly recommended and I was thankful to become his patient. The precisie way he evaluated my symptoms and possible causes; eliminating them one by one. Finally, I feel I have a course of treatment and medication that is helping me. He is thoughtful, kind and takes the time to answer all questions.
in Sparks, NV |
I saw Dr. Sekhon as a referral from another physician. Dr. Sekhon showed me my MRI and how 3 of my discs were crushing my spinal column. He said that unless I had the surgery soon that the nerves would die and I would suffer paralysis. When I woke up in the recovery room most of my back and leg pain was already gone. He visited me twice in the hospital and explained what happened during surgery and assessed my current condition. I was then put on a physical therapy program. I hearty endorse him.
in Reno, NV |
Dr. Sekhon and his staff are very polite and professional. Dr. Sekhon listened carefully to my concerns and made sure I had an active role in determining my course of treatment. My surgical experience was very positive and the results are better than I expected. I highly recommend Dr. Sekhon.
Have you seen Dr. Lali Sekhon, MD?
Are you Dr. Sekhon?

Compare Dr. Sekhon

Dr. Sekhon's Care Philosophy

Treating patients how we would want our family treated.

Dr. Sekhon's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

• Aneurysm
  • Brain Aneurysm
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease

Mayo Medical School

Completed in 1999

Toronto Western Hospital

Completed in 2000

Dr. Sekhon does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sekhon and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy