Dr. Lali Sekhon, MD

Neurosurgery ·  Male · Age 53

Dr. Sekhon

Nevada Neurosurgery

75 Pringle Way Ste 701 Reno, NV 89502

Dr. Lali Sekhon, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Reno, NV and has been practicing for 30 years. He graduated from University Of Sydney, Faculty Of Medicine in 1989 and specializes in neurosurgery.

Dr. Sekhon accepts

Dr. Sekhon accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
PacifiCare PPO
WellCare
WellCare PPO

No malpractice claims found for Nevada

Check Dr. Sekhon's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Progressive Spinal Muscular Atrophy
  • Progressive Spinobulbar Muscular Atrophy
  • Spinal Cord Tumor
  • Spinal Dysostosis, Anhalt Type
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Ryukyuan Type

• Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Epilepsy
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy

5.208333333333333%

Dr. Sekhon?
Dr. Sekhon's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Lali Sekhon, MD
I had a surgery consult with Dr. Sekhon having experienced a painful herniated disc in my lower back. I found him to be extremely knowledgeable, helped me understand my injury, and gave me advise and exercises to strengthen areas of weakness in my back. He listened to my questions patiently. He did not recommend surgery but allow the body to heal on its own time. I have seen Dr. Sekhon twice. I value his judgement. It has been over a year and my back has improved considerably. I have become very aware of how I move and not to lift heavy weights while still engaging in activities I like to do - biking, boarding, hiking.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lali Sekhon, MD?
You won't find anyone better than Dr. Sekhon. He works miracles when you think all hope is lost. Don't trust anyone else with your delicate surgeries. Dr. Sekhon and his staff are the best in town and will not let you down. He doesn't jump into surgery without exhausting all other efforts. Such a blessing that we have someone of his caliber here in Reno.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lali Sekhon, MD?
Dr. Sekhon is extremely knowledgable on the most advanced surgical procedures and has excellent "bedside manner." He and his PA, Curt Erickson, really slowed down and took the time to answer ALL of my questions. I'm confident I was in the best possible care through this very important surgery. Thank you, Dr. Sekhon, for my new back. I couldn't be happier with my results!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lali Sekhon, MD?
Very good experiences with Dr Sekhon and the entire staff in his office
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lali Sekhon, MD?
I have been dr. Sekon’s patient for about two years. my first visit he spoke quickly . Every sentence out of his mouth was valuable. No wasted chatter. He exuded confidence which made me believe in him and his abilities. Avery pleasant person that is direct and realistic. After speaking with him i felt hopefu. The prospect of he performing surgery on my back did not frighten me but instead made me completely happy comfortable with the idea. Highly recommend Dr. Sekonn.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lali Sekhon, MD?
I am a 67 yearly male. Dr Sekhon treated me twice seperately for lower disc fractures in my back. My back is like new. After many years in construction, the wear and tear started to surface. My arms, wrist and neck ached 24/7. Burning, pulsating, tingling and not able to sleep without a burning sensation going from my shoulder to my finger tips. Dr Sekhon performed an Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion in the C4-C5-C6-C7 areas. I can say with utter amazement I am rid of the agonizing pain.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lali Sekhon, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Sekhon for a couple of years for low back pain. He has been extremely effective in helping me treat my condition PLUS he does everything he can to help me AVOID SURGERY. I would highly recommend Dr. Sekhon as he is very proactive with the patient, spends significant time discussing the situation and is extremely astute in diagnosing the patient's problem.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lali Sekhon, MD?
As a retired Physical Therapist was very apprehensive about any type of back surgery. Controlled my symptoms with posture and positioning exercises that work for me for about 7 years. After an MRI and x-rays he determined surgery was indicated. Leg pain got to the point that I could not control it with posture and positioning. Dr. Sechon and Greg Graves preformed a 5 level Laminectomy/Foraminectomy with fantastic results. No regrets other than I probably should have done it sooner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lali Sekhon, MD?
After suffering for many years with lower back pain that got steadily worse I finally decided I needed to get my life back. I met with Dr. Sekhon and his staff and was diagnosed with problems in the lumbar area that required surgery for repair. I am now 6 weeks post op and reveling in being pain-free. I am looking forward to a summer of activities that I haven't been able to enjoy for about 10 years. In my opinion Dr. Sekhon is the best neurosurgeon in the country!!! His staff is also the BEST!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lali Sekhon, MD?
This was one of the most challenging and difficult decisions of my life because of the gravity involved. I suffered significant pain for almost 6 years prior to making this decision. My consultation with Dr. Sekhon not only ameliorated my fear and anxiety, but clarified significantly the procedure and possible outcomes, therein. Not only was the surgery itself successful, but the alleviation of pain and mental destress as well the improvement in quality of life, was monumental.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lali Sekhon, MD?
I was recommended by a friend after having my injury for 12 years, the whole staff is wonderful. The surgery was the best thing I ever did, and Dr. Sekhon and his PA's are fantastic. It would be the best decision ever made if you put yourself in their extremely fabulous hands.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lali Sekhon, MD?
Two years ago, I had my back worked on with Dr. Sekhon. What a difference, I can do yard work and other things I couldn't, without the help from Dr Sekhon, I would be sitting down all day not being able to live life. He is the best. everyone that had him operate on them have never had any issues. I couldn't even get up to get a glass of water before I had my back cleaned out, no hardware. I cant say enough about him and his staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lali Sekhon, MD?
I ended underwent microdiscectomy surgery for a badly protruding disc. The surgery was completed in a little over an hour and I walked out of the hospital shortly thereafter. I am not one for hyperbole, but Dr. Sekhon, Greg Graves and the rest of the team at Nevada Neurosurgery have given me my life back. I am incredibly grateful and could not recommend them more highly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lali Sekhon, MD?
To the point, totally professional and conservative in approach. His opening line was " no surgery for you!"
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lali Sekhon, MD?
Dr. Sekhon and his staff are amazing. I had a s-4 s-5 laminectomy and discectomy. Who knew one of the United States top spine surgeons practiced in Reno? After spending almost a month in agony after re-injuring my back I'm now pain-free. Doctor Sekhon was very professional and showing me on my MRI what exactly my problem was and explaining how it could be fixed very simply. Even a non-professional like myself could understand what was going on on the MRI.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lali Sekhon, MD?
Dr. Sekhon explained everything so well I didn’t even need to ask my prepared questions I brought with me. Very succinct, very knowledgeable, very professional doctor. I’d trust him with any procedure.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lali Sekhon, MD?
Totally a miracle! People who have had similar back surgeries think I probably didn't have "real" back surgery because my recovery was so successful. I was free of the original pain right from the start. I only had to recover from the surgical pain. I'm so glad I found Dr. Sekhon. I have to force myself to take it easy because I feel so "normal" I had L2 through L5 laminectomies and bilateral foraminotomies and results are amazing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lali Sekhon, MD?
Dr. Sekhon provided excellent care before, during and after my procedure. He explained everything to me, both benefits and risks, so I felt that I could make my decision based the best information. His staff was friendly, caring and helpful. P A Greg was great. I had a very positive experience and greatly appreciate the hard work of all. Thank you Dr. Sekhon !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lali Sekhon, MD?
Dr. Sekhon actually takes the time to listen to you, explain things in a way that you can understand and advocates for what is best for you - not for his bottom line. Dr. Sekhon's team is amazing, they do what they say they will do right away. They call you back very quickly and are always up to date on your case. On my second visit they already knew me by name. This office is such a breath of fresh air and the care they provide is a comfort during an otherwise difficult time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lali Sekhon, MD?
Dr. Sekhon performed a cervical spine fusion on me in April. The pre-care and after-care treatment that I've received have been outstanding. I would recommend him to all of my friends and relatives.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lali Sekhon, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Sekhon?

Treating patients how we would want our family treated.

• Neurosurgery

2000
1999
1989

• AMA Physician's Recognition Award with Commendation, 2006 and 2
  • Outstanding Clinical Research Award, at the 28th Annual Meeting of the Cervical Spine Research Society, 2000
  • Americas Best Doctors, 2009-2011
  • Dun Prize for Surgery and Clinical Surgery, 1988
  • Patients' Choice Award, 2009-2011
  • Sydney B. Clipsham Prize for Operative Surgery, 1989
  • Young Neurosurgeons Award by the World Federation of Neurosurgeons, 1997

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Sekhon treats patients.

Compare Providers