Dr. Lalbahadur Nagabhairu, MD

GastroenterologyMaleAge 55

2134 Gingalt Rd Mount Dora, FL 32757

Dr. Lalbahadur Nagabhairu, MD is a Gastroenterology Specialist in Mount Dora, FL and has over 30 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Nagabhairu has more experience with Pancreatic Disease, Gastrointestinal Disorders, and Esophageal Disorders than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Guntur Medical College, Ntr University Of Health Science medical school in 1991. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Adventhealth Waterman and Leesburg Regional Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Nagabhairu to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Gastroenterology Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Nagabhairu is affiliated with Adventhealth Waterman Tavares, a highly rated hospital.

• Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Frequently Treated by Dr. Nagabhairu

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Nagabhairu treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Nagabhairu treats other conditions, please contact the office at (352) 383-7703.

Pancreatic Disease

Pancreatic disease specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the pancreas, such as pancraetitis.Compare with other Pancreatic Disease specialists.

Based on claims data for 1 condition or procedure

Pancreatitis

Gastrointestinal Disorders

Gastrointestinal disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions that affect the gastrointestinal tract, including Crohn's disease, ulcers, hernias, and food poisoning.Compare with other Gastrointestinal Disorders specialists.

Based on claims data for 52 conditions and procedures

Gastritis
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
Diverticulitis, Intestinal
Diverticulosis, Intestinal

Esophageal Disorders

Esophageal disorder specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the esophagus, such as reflux esophagitis, indigestion, and esophageal ulcers through procedures including medication, surgery, and swallowing therapy.Compare with other Esophageal Disorders specialists.

Based on claims data for 19 conditions and procedures

Dysphagia
Esophageal Motility Disorders
Hiatal Hernia
Barrett's Esophagus

Liver Disease

Liver disease specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the liver, such as hepatitis, fatty liver disease, and cirrhosis, through medications, lifestyle changes, or surgery.Compare with other Liver Disease specialists.

high

• Duodenal Ulcer
  • Duodenitis
  • Dysentery
  • Dysphagia
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Enteritis
  • Gallstones
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Viral Enteritis
  • Viral Hepatitis
  • Vomiting Disorders

Dr. Nagabhairu accepts

Dr. Nagabhairu accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Dr. Nagabhairu's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Nagabhairu

2.8

Dr. Nagabhairu?
  • Office environment (19)
  • Staff friendliness (18)
  • Appointment scheduling (16)
  • Office environment (6)
  • Staff wasn't friendly (6)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (5)
Extremely rude and uncommunicative.
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Mar 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lalbahadur Nagabhairu, MD?
Dr. “Lal” treated my 95 yr. old mother in the hospital. It has been almost 3 weeks & I still do not have a diagnosis or prognosis. I have called & left messages with his office staff almost daily. This dr. may be competent but is completely unresponsive!!
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Feb 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lalbahadur Nagabhairu, MD?
I would give zero stars but will not submit without one.The office staff are extremely rude and have no communication with inner office staff.I was given two complete diffrent stories by 2 diffrent office staff in same office same day.We waited over an hour to walk out after not being seen.They did not send an authorization to the primary for insurance to approve.We get to the visit and are turned away they needed to reshcedule.Then we are told we would be seen they had sent the authorization. I was on the phone with our primary and insurance nothing was ever sent.I was told I need to have patience the fax machine takes time. Lol The condisending attitude with the office manager was through the roof.I told him they could have called before we drove an hour.This was not the first time our appointment was canceled due to office mix up.There were no apologies I was just talked down to and treated terrible.I would not recommend this Doctor to anyone until he revaluates his office staff.
GREGORY PRINCE – Nov 05, 2020
Fantastic doctor and nurses
Terri Ellis – Jun 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lalbahadur Nagabhairu, MD?
Dr. Lal is incompetent, when after he performed surgery and there were serious issues with the surgery, he did not return emergency calls to his office. My husband passed away due to bleeding with in one week after surgery
May 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lalbahadur Nagabhairu, MD?
Dr. Lal is a great GI doc. He is very skilled and provides the highest quality treatment.
May 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lalbahadur Nagabhairu, MD?
Was pleasantly surprised by all staff from the front desk to the medical staff at my endoscopy. After procedure Dr. Lal came out and talked to me about the procedure and answered my questions. I was given written instructions on what to do at home and a report of what had been done. At follow up Dr. Lal explained the findings and answered all my questions to my satisfaction. Would definitely see Dr. Lal again if need be.
Mar 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lalbahadur Nagabhairu, MD?
I read all these reviews before I went to see this doctor and almost didnt go. I'm glad I did. I did wait an hour for my appointment but they were moving right along and the waiting room was comfortable. The staff was friendly, competent and efficient. The doctor came in the room. Introduced himself and shook my hand. Asked me several questions, let me ask all the questions I needed to and examined me for my issue. I was happy with my visit and would recommend Dr. Lal
  • Long wait times
Feb 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lalbahadur Nagabhairu, MD?
The worst doctor I have ever encountered
Jan 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lalbahadur Nagabhairu, MD?
The good: Dr. Lal seems competent and the staff at the surgical center are very nice and seem competent. The bad: the waiting room in The Villages is dismal; the wait for the doctor is extremely long; the visit with him is VERY short and most of the time he is backing towards the door; you will NEVER get to speak to an actual person when you call; the voice messages you leave will not be responded to in a timely manner; if you need test results, be prepared to make numerous calls requesting the results and to wait a very long time to get them, even if you are in pain. This is my actual experience. No exaggeration. I finally had to get another doctor to obtain my test results from Dr. Lal's office in order to get surgery. As I told Dr. Lal's office, it is very evident that this business is a production line operation and patients are little valued.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Gave up on him – Sep 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lalbahadur Nagabhairu, MD?
The BEST DR. I have have ever seen ! Has treated me with Chrons for the last 10 Years ! Highly Recommend him !
Mar 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lalbahadur Nagabhairu, MD?
Terrible. Would not even want to give one star. He is impatient nand doesn’t want to answer questions. Took too much money by almost $100 and his wife who runs finances n billing won’t take phone calls. Took 4 mos to have money returned and prob 8 or more calls. Sad and disappointing. Felt scammed. Also when I went in for synopsis of simple endoscopy, he was too busy and sent his anesthesiologist in to help me and could not answer my questions. Waited 3 hrs! Waiting room was beyond filled
Leesburg, FL – Jan 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lalbahadur Nagabhairu, MD?
Front office asks you to sign an electronic mechanism and will not tell you why. She says "trust me". When you call to ask questions, they tell you to leave voice mail. Two days later, still no response. After surgery doctors Operative Report says one prescription item but actual prescription called in to pharmacy is for another drug or item. Upon calling doctor, again told to leave a voice mail. No response. UGH! Regarding wait times. After waiting 40 minutes to see the doctor, he spent a tot
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
May 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lalbahadur Nagabhairu, MD?
Disrespectful, nasty, unprofessional ,arrogant and argumentative. Never have anything to do with this Doctor, the worst Dr. I have every dealt with. If you ask questions he gets his back up and talks down to you. His staff couldn’t get a job at McDonalds and the wait time is anywhere from an hour to two hours.
The Villages – Oct 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lalbahadur Nagabhairu, MD?
At my first visit Dr. Lal was unprepared, despite making sure my PCP having sent all the pertinent paperwork to him. So he wasn't ready for me, and wanted to repeat tests,. He was rude when I brought this to his attention. His waiting room was filled to capacity and he acted rushed. I later saw his partner and liked him, but when I returned for a follow-up (making sure to schedule with the partner), I was switched back to Dr. Lal.
Tampa, FL – Aug 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lalbahadur Nagabhairu, MD?
Very nice and compassionate doctor. He helped diagnose my Crohn's disease that I struggled with for several years. Saw a few GI's who diagnosed me with Irritable bowel after a lot of tests. Was losing hope when my friend who goes all the way from Daytona to see him , recommended him. I am happy she did. Never felt better since he started my treatment after he diagnosed me. Thankful for that to him. Recommend highly. Lal
Steven H in Daytona beach – Oct 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lalbahadur Nagabhairu, MD?
I had complications after an endoscopy , I called his office& he never spoke w me. I was told to drink fluids, meanwhile had been perforated... Became very ill.. Almost lost my colon.
Donna Comis in Leesburg, FL – Sep 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lalbahadur Nagabhairu, MD?
I dont know why everyone gets grouchy over a Dr. Office but the Dr. Telling you the correct information is what matters.
Jacob in Tavares, FL – Jul 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lalbahadur Nagabhairu, MD?
I don't understand the 3 star other comments. What the heck were their experiences? How could they be so different from mine? This doctor took all the time I needed. He was thoughtful, patient and explained very well what was occurring and how to fix it. I believe he is competent and a nice fellow, at that. His staff is good, also. Altogether an experience that was well worth it and I am glad I went there.
Ms Terry in Leesburg, FL – Mar 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lalbahadur Nagabhairu, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Nagabhairu?

• Gastroenterology