Dr. Kweli Moyo, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry •  Female

Dr. Moyo

Kaiser Permanente Brookwood At Peachtree Medical Office

20 Glenlake Pkwy Atlanta, GA 30309

Dr. Kweli Moyo, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in Atlanta, GA. She specializes in child & adolescent psychiatry.

• Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

Dr. Moyo accepts

No malpractice claims found for Georgia

Check Dr. Moyo's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Moyo's Top Procedures and Conditions

Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)

Dr. Moyo performs Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback) more than 45% of her peers

Dr. Moyo performs this procedure more than 45% of her peers

Psychiatric Diseases

Dr. Moyo treats Psychiatric Diseases more than 24% of her peers

Dr. Moyo treats this condition more than 24% of her peers

Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder

Dr. Moyo treats Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder more than 24% of her peers

Dr. Moyo treats this condition more than 24% of her peers

Dr. Moyo's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Postpartum Depression
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Schizoaffective Disorder

2.5

Dr. Moyo?
Dr. Moyo's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Kweli Moyo, MD
Dr. Moyo was wonderful with my 12 year old daughter and really took the time with us to make the best decision about her care.
Laura Wells, thank you for your kind review; we...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kweli Moyo, MD?
I loved working with Dr. Moyo, she was very real with me and respected my desire for the lowest doses of my medications. she also provided practical solutions for the issues I faced.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kweli Moyo, MD?
I would NOT recommend Doctor Moyo to ANYBODY. She is extremely rude and lacks the empathetic nature that is required when dealing with patients with mental health issues. I felt like she was accusing me of lying during her questionnaire and also made her facial expressions very clear how she felt. She may like to think that she's just 'straightforward' and 'blunt' but that was NOT how I felt during the appointment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kweli Moyo, MD?
My interactions with Dr. Moyo was less than stellar. I found her affectations neither genuine nor empathetic. She was snappy, impatient, combative, and standoffish - putting me on edge and feeling defensive. Once, she appeared to catch herself and attempted a forced tooth-only smile, which just made it more uncomfortable. Without adding too much detail from my second interaction, she was rude, condescending, dismissive, and condescending. I changed to another DR., who is absolutely wonderful!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kweli Moyo, MD?
This woman is a nightmare. I have no choice but to use KP. She didn’t bother to read anything my previous psychiatrist sent her, was rude, dismissive, and showed no concern for my mental health. Today I found out she arbitrarily canceled one of my mental health meds without even seeing me for an appointment or contacting me. I would, never, never, ever send even my worst enemy to see her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kweli Moyo, MD?
We have seen many doctors in treating my daughter's ADHD and anxiety over the past eight years (she is currently 15). . Dr. Moyo BY FAR has been the most helpful and honest in reviewing what medication can do to help alleviate her symptoms and keeping it real as far as what my daughter is in control of on a daily basis (ie. seeking help from teachers; studying regularly; getting enough sleep; eating enough even when the medicine makes her not hungry). I appreciate Dr. Moyo's candidness.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kweli Moyo, MD?
One of the worst Drs I have ever encountered! She was the psychiatrist treating my teenage daughter with PTSD, anxiety and panic disorder. She is condescending, lack empathy, narcissistic, demeaning, pill pusher. The last straw was watching my daughter during her last visit be tongue lashed sending her into a panic crying from her heart while looked at with disgust, smirking at her pain, interrupting her cry for help and cutting the visit short after being 20 minutes late for the appt.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kweli Moyo, MD?
Dr. Moyo is in the wrong line of work. To me, she was condescending, contradicting and insulting. The last time I had to see her, I left in a panic attack- this is NOT what should happen at a psychiatrist office! I got into her office first because she had availability- now I know why. She literally rolled her eyes, laughed at, interrupted and scolded me for doing research on my illness. Her office is messy. She is a cold person and seems bored & disinterested in her job and helping people.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kweli Moyo, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Moyo for a while. I read the other reviews and here is what I think. She's real! She tells you how it is, but not in a way you are depressed more or feel more badly about yourself. I am honest; hence, I like when people are honest with me. I feel comfortable talking to her about my issues. She gives me advice, but I think she understands some things because she was in the same position once. Dr. Moyo responds to my emails right away. I really appreciate her as my doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kweli Moyo, MD?
I brought my teenage son to Dr. Moyo for ADHD. After a haphazard greeting, the dr gradually made the whole session cringe-worthy, flying off the handle when my son asked questions based on a google search he had done. After scolding him, I had to use my best tact to cool the situation, explain to her that my son was just trying to be proactive. After, I had calm him, explain that he had done nothing wrong. Not the behavior you would expect from a psychiatrist, please stay away.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kweli Moyo, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Moyo?

Health care leader whose mission is to keep you healthy. Under-one-roof convenience, 24-hour advice nurse, and online access to manage your health - anytime.

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry