Dr. Kweli Moyo, MD

Child & Adolescent PsychiatryFemale

Dr. Moyo

Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Georgia Inc.

2525 Cumberland Pkwy SE Atlanta, GA 30339

Dr. Kweli Moyo, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Atlanta, GA. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Moyo to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists in your area

No malpractice claims found for Georgia

Check Dr. Moyo's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Bipolar Disorder
  • Conduct Disorder
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy

Dr. Moyo's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Moyo

2.4

Dr. Moyo?
My experience with Dr. Moyo was not pleasant. She was impatient, rude, and not sympathetic to my symptoms. This is not how a psychiatrist should speak to their patients. I felt very uncomfortable speaking with her and will not continue to see her.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Cameron – May 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kweli Moyo, MD?
Dr. Moyo was wonderful with my 12 year old daughter and really took the time with us to make the best decision about her care.
Laura Wells – Mar 17, 2020
Laura Wells, thank you for your kind review; we...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kweli Moyo, MD?
I loved working with Dr. Moyo, she was very real with me and respected my desire for the lowest doses of my medications. she also provided practical solutions for the issues I faced.
Jan 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kweli Moyo, MD?
I would NOT recommend Doctor Moyo to ANYBODY. She is extremely rude and lacks the empathetic nature that is required when dealing with patients with mental health issues. I felt like she was accusing me of lying during her questionnaire and also made her facial expressions very clear how she felt. She may like to think that she's just 'straightforward' and 'blunt' but that was NOT how I felt during the appointment.
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Anon in atlanta, GA – Jun 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kweli Moyo, MD?
My interactions with Dr. Moyo was less than stellar. I found her affectations neither genuine nor empathetic. She was snappy, impatient, combative, and standoffish - putting me on edge and feeling defensive. Once, she appeared to catch herself and attempted a forced tooth-only smile, which just made it more uncomfortable. Without adding too much detail from my second interaction, she was rude, condescending, dismissive, and condescending. I changed to another DR., who is absolutely wonderful!
  • Appointment was rushed
JFulton in none – Jun 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kweli Moyo, MD?
This woman is a nightmare. I have no choice but to use KP. She didn’t bother to read anything my previous psychiatrist sent her, was rude, dismissive, and showed no concern for my mental health. Today I found out she arbitrarily canceled one of my mental health meds without even seeing me for an appointment or contacting me. I would, never, never, ever send even my worst enemy to see her.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Anon – May 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kweli Moyo, MD?
We have seen many doctors in treating my daughter's ADHD and anxiety over the past eight years (she is currently 15). . Dr. Moyo BY FAR has been the most helpful and honest in reviewing what medication can do to help alleviate her symptoms and keeping it real as far as what my daughter is in control of on a daily basis (ie. seeking help from teachers; studying regularly; getting enough sleep; eating enough even when the medicine makes her not hungry). I appreciate Dr. Moyo's candidness.
Atlanta, GA – Nov 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kweli Moyo, MD?
One of the worst Drs I have ever encountered! She was the psychiatrist treating my teenage daughter with PTSD, anxiety and panic disorder. She is condescending, lack empathy, narcissistic, demeaning, pill pusher. The last straw was watching my daughter during her last visit be tongue lashed sending her into a panic crying from her heart while looked at with disgust, smirking at her pain, interrupting her cry for help and cutting the visit short after being 20 minutes late for the appt.
Smyrna, GA – Sep 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kweli Moyo, MD?
Dr. Moyo is in the wrong line of work. To me, she was condescending, contradicting and insulting. The last time I had to see her, I left in a panic attack- this is NOT what should happen at a psychiatrist office! I got into her office first because she had availability- now I know why. She literally rolled her eyes, laughed at, interrupted and scolded me for doing research on my illness. Her office is messy. She is a cold person and seems bored & disinterested in her job and helping people.
Decatur, GA – Jul 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kweli Moyo, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Moyo for a while. I read the other reviews and here is what I think. She's real! She tells you how it is, but not in a way you are depressed more or feel more badly about yourself. I am honest; hence, I like when people are honest with me. I feel comfortable talking to her about my issues. She gives me advice, but I think she understands some things because she was in the same position once. Dr. Moyo responds to my emails right away. I really appreciate her as my doctor.
Jola in Atlanta, GA – Jun 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kweli Moyo, MD?
I brought my teenage son to Dr. Moyo for ADHD. After a haphazard greeting, the dr gradually made the whole session cringe-worthy, flying off the handle when my son asked questions based on a google search he had done. After scolding him, I had to use my best tact to cool the situation, explain to her that my son was just trying to be proactive. After, I had calm him, explain that he had done nothing wrong. Not the behavior you would expect from a psychiatrist, please stay away.
A dad in Atlanta, GA – Jan 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kweli Moyo, MD?
WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!! THIS DOCTOR SHOULD BE BANNED FROM SEEING PATIENTS!!!!!! SHE PUTS AN ANXIETY PATIENT IN THE WORST ENXIETY CONDITION, MAKES THEM FEEL STUPID AND WORTHLESS!!!! ALL SHE CAN DO IS TO WRITE A PRESCRIPTION.. EXTREMELY RUDE, FORGET HI OR HOW ARE YOU OR NICE TO MEET YOU.... TERRIBLE ATTITUDE, SO NOT PROFESSIONAL! THIS DOCTOR IS MY AND YOURS WORST NIGHTMARE! BEWARE!
olga in Marietta, GA – May 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kweli Moyo, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Moyo?

Health care leader whose mission is to keep you healthy. Under-one-roof convenience, 24-hour advice nurse, and online access to manage your health - anytime.

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry