Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 41

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD is an Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Los Alamitos, CA. He is affiliated with medical facilities Long Beach Memorial Medical Center and Los Alamitos Medical Center. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD

Beach Orthopedic Specialty Institute

3851 Katella Ave Ste 202 Los Alamitos, CA 90720
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Dr. Verma's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Verma

The reason I came in was dismissed.
I made an appointment with Dr. Verma to address 7 months of non stop nerve pain going down my whole leg. My neck is also a mess but the pain in my leg is unbearable. He was only interested in doing a very painful and invasive neck surgery that had nothing to do with the constant leg nerve pain. I kept saying I can’t tolerate the pain in my leg, I can’t do a surgery on my neck and still have the leg pain. He gave me an order to do X-rays on my neck, then abruptly said he had to go. He didn’t even discuss the MRI on my lower back, my main complaint was dismissed and I am still suffering.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
Hilary Sylvester – Aug 06, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD?
Jackie Baird-Bunker Seal Beach, CA Feb. 2021 surgery for Extreme lateral Function L3 & 4 and re fusion posterior L3 thru L5 I learned about Dr. Verma from a friend who had gone to him for a very extensive spine surgery that relieved all of her back pain. She just raved about his ability to set his patients at ease when considering spine surgery and the effectiveness of his treatments. Since I had been suffering from excruciating nerve pain for almost a year, I was desperate to find relief when Nerve blocks no longer relieved my pain so I went to see Dr. Verma. I was so impressed his office staff were very professional, wait times to see Dr. Verma were reasonable and once in his examining room I knew II was in very good hands as we talked about my severe back pain and what could be done to relieve it. CT Scans and MRIs very conveniently scheduled in an adjacent medical complex and surgery was scheduled at Long Beach Memorial. After the surgery when Dr. Verma came to see how
Mar 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD?
Dr. Verma is very attentive with his patients. Made me feel like part of the family. Thank you Dr. Verma for taking great care of my husband.
Yolanda Camba – Dec 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD?
Dr Verma operated on my neck on 9-10-19. I had sustained major injuries from a bad fall resulting in multiple problems one was a need for neck surgery. I agreed to have the surgery after meeting with Dr Verma and learning how serious my neck injuries were. I skated through the surgery, with minimal pain and a quick recovery. A year later , today I could actually move my neck side to side as I haven't done in years. Of course I wanted a complete recovery of all the other injuries I had from the fall, that didn't happen, nor was it promised. I must say that Dr Verma has gone out of his way to follow up with me after the surgery, recommended me to a good PT for balance therapy. I have never met a doctor so caring and followed up as he did with my recovery.
Linda Zimmerman – Oct 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD?
My husband Jim and I moved to the L. A. area 1 1/2 years ago. My husband needed to see a back and neck surgeon. We were recommended to see Dr Verma. Jim needed neck surgery and then back surgery. Dr. Verma talked to us many times explaining the procedures before Jim made his decision to go with the neck first and then his back. Dr Verma is very compassionate. he takes time listening to his patients. He makes sure you're comfortable with the procedure he will be doing before your surgery date. Dr. Verma is a 5* surgeon and 5* for personality.
James and Carol Delude – Aug 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD?
After suffering hip pain for years, I was referred for an MRI. My MRI actually showed my problem to be with my spine. I was referred to Dr Verma by my orthopedist. On my first visit, Dr Verma described my condition as stenosis of the L5-S1. He described my options and said surgery should be the last resort. His recommendation was to start with a guided-image injection into the nerve and physical therapy to develop core muscle strengthening. I found him very caring, compassionate and willing to completely explain my options and to give me a description of the surgery. I did not feel rushed at all. The injections and physical therapy gave me several months relief. When the pain returned, I decided to schedule the surgery. Dr Verma described the laminectomy procedure in detail along with the risks involved. He gave me a choice of hospitals and the pros and cons of each. I would recommend him to anyone experiencing back pain. He is a competent doctor who takes time to explain.
Gary Gibson – Jan 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD?
He was the greatest surgeon we met and he did miracles on my back and there is no more pain. He was very courteous, with great personality, made me feel safe explain to me and my family in details the surgery procedures. The office visits after surgery was excelent.
Nov 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD?
Knowing that Marv could not live the rest of his life with pain from hips to ankles, the first meeting with Dr. Verma gave the answer. Dr. Verma entered the examination room with grace, confidence and compassion. With us, it was love at first sight. Now, 2 1/2 weeks after surgery, Marv is walking without pain, and soon will walk without support. Thanks to you, Dr. Verma, for caring, skill, and excellent follow-through in every part of this experience. Signed, Marvin Jahn and Ella Walton
Marvin Jahn and Ella Walton – Sep 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD?
Dr. Verma is one of the best spine specialists and surgeon. He is professional and very knowledgeable. He is caring and compassionate doctor. I came to him after months of sciatic pain across my low back and down my legs, to where I could hardly walk or stand up straight. After having surgery, a laminectomy,(L-3 to L-5), sciatic pain was gone and I was able to stand up straight and walk normally. Dr Verma took time to explain everything I needed to know before surgery and made sure I understood everything he said. I felt completely at ease and comfortable to have Dr. Verma perform this surgery. He is a 5 star doctor!
Cynthia - June 2019 – Jul 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD?
I swore I would never have back surgery after witnessing my mother go through 4 surgeries without successful outcomes. However, in 2018, the pain in my legs drove me to seeks help. I tried Physical Therapy, Chiropractic treatments, and epidural injections. Nothing helped, so I went to see Dr. Verma who shares a practice with an orthopedic surgeon I had a successful experience with 7 years ago. Dr Verma is not only a great surgeon, but also takes time to patiently explain what is wrong, how it can be fixed, and the options available for a successful outcome. I saw him about a half dozen times before scheduling surgery—his patience, and ability to explain the situation is very reassuring. I had spine surgery by Dr. Verma in June of 2019, and as soon as I woke from the surgery, I knew the pain in my legs was gone. Now, I am looking forward to traveling, and leading an active lifestyle pain-free, thanks to Dr. Verma!
Barbara – Jun 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD?
I went to Dr Verma for balance issues and lack of dexterity in my hands. He diagnosed deterioration of the cervical spine. He explained the problems in detail in terms that a layman could understand. He was very caring, keeping in direct contact. He answered all questions for myself and my wife. My surgery was a success and he has followed me closely to be sure all is going well. I have had several orthopedic surgeries and Dr Verma was by far the surgeon that my wife and I had the most confidence in. Kent NaVeaux
Kent NaVeaux in long beach, CA – Jun 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD?
Four months of frustration with loss of feeling and motor skills in my hands and legs, led me to meet Dr. Verma. Within minutes of seeing my neck MRI, he was able to diagnose, and suggest the best options to help me return to normal day to day life. Dr. Verma was extremely personable in our initial consultation and was very up front and honest with my options. After doing my due diligence, and learning about Dr. Verma's skills, experience, and outreach, I knew I was in the best hands and decided to move forward with my ACDF procedure. Dr. Verma and everyone at his office, worked diligently to help me get the best appointment available and made me feel like I was the only patient they were focusing on. This is HUGE in my eyes. I really felt like he was my personal surgeon and we went through this together. I'm 'm confident you will not find a surgeon with a more personal concierge approach to his practice.
May 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD?
Knowledgable, caring, thorough, personable. Dr. Verma answers questions, explanations in terms that are easy to understand. Dr Verma performed my 3 part back surgery 01/19/18. I am pain free and have a active lifestyle. I have no residual post-op issues or problems.
J Sorensen in Seattle , WA – Jan 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD?
I met Dr Verma in 2016. I was suffering from spondylosis in my spine and severe sciatic nerve pain down my legs. After all of the tests that he had performed oh, it was a decision to do a spinal fusion on my L4 L5. Dr Verma is a very kind, understanding, he really takes time to really get to know his patients. After my surgery he would call to make sure that I was doing well. He has the best bedside manner. He has changed my life he is an exceptional surgeon. He treats his patients like family.
Jan 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD?
I visited Dr. Verma for reoccurring back pain from a previous injury. I was instantly impressed by his kind and caring manner. He carefully reviewed my case and options for me and put a plan in place. I eventually decided on surgery and am so pleased that I did. Dr. Verma is an excellent surgeon! called me at home 3 times after I was released from the hospital to make sure I didn’t need anything. You won’t go wrong with Dr. Verma!
Jan 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD?
Outstanding Surgeon. Very patient oriented. Performed spinal fusion surgery in December 18. He has closely followed my progress and been quickly available for any questions or concerns that have come up. He provided his cell so that I could contact him after hours and on weekends. I did, he answered quickly. When he evaluated my case he provided multiple approaches, clearly explaining each and it's associated pluses and minuses so that we came to an agreement of the best course. Great doctor
Don in Bellflower, CA – Jan 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD?
Dr Kushagra Verma Dr Kushgara Verma was very thorough in his assessment of my physical complaint. He compared old MRI data to the current scans. Dr Verma spent quite a while explaining the test results at several appointments and then the options to resolve the problem. I felt very at ease knowing he was doing my surgery. After surgery Dr Verma was wonderfully attentive, calling to get frequent updates and visiting 2-3 times each day. Once home he called my husband to keep abreast of my status.
Stacy Guglielmotti in Los Alamitos – Jan 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD?
Dr Verma is very caring and competent. Surgery went as explained and I am doing better each day. My physical therapist is pleased with my recovery.
Dave Stauffer in Cerritos, CA – Dec 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD?
You can't imagine how wonderful it feels to stand upright and walk without a walker or cane. At the age of 76 (Feb. '17) I was fortunate to have Dr. Verma re-do my spine at UWMC. I recommend him for spinal correction surgery. He is a miracle worker and allowed me to get a life again. He cares about his patients, listens, and works out personal solutions for spinal problems. YES, YES, YES...get that surgery. You won't be sorry. Dr. Verma may tell you to call Lana. Call and I'll share my story.
Lana Haddox in Belllingham, WA – Nov 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD?
After suffering for two years with pain from a botched surgery, I was incredibly lucky to find Dr. Verma. He was able to come up with a revision that corrected the previous surgery and allowed me to stand straight and be free of pain. He explained in detail, patiently answered my questions, did not downplay the risks, and followed up with personal phone calls. He was truly concerned that my surgery and recovery went well. He is incredibly talented and a genuinely nice guy.Thank you Dr. Verma!
Richard in Seattle, WA – Sep 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Verma?