Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery ·  Male · Age 38

Dr. Verma

Beach Orthopedic Specialty Institute

3851 Katella Ave Ste 202 Los Alamitos, CA 90720

Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery specialist in Los Alamitos, CA. He graduated from NEW YORK UNIV SCH OF MED and specializes in orthopedic spine surgery, orthopedic surgery, and more.

Dr. Verma accepts

Dr. Verma accepts the following insurance:

Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield
Preferred Provider Network PPN

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Verma's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Verma treats this condition more than 95% of his peers

Scoliosis

Dr. Verma treats Scoliosis more than 95% of his peers

Dr. Verma treats this condition more than 95% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Acrodysplasia Scoliosis

• Adult Scoliosis Correction
  • Ankle Fracture
  • Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Anterior Cervical Herniated Disc Surgery With Plating and Fusion
  • Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion Surgery (ALIF)
  • Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Knee Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Kyphosis
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminoplasty
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Radiculopathy
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Pathological Spine Fracture
  • Pediatric Spine Deformities
  • Pelvic Fracture
  • Posterior Cervical Laminectomy
  • Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion Surgery (PLIF)
  • Pyogenic Arthritis
  • Spondylosis Cervical Without Myelopathy
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • XLIF® (eXtreme Lateral Interbody Fusion) Procedure

Dr. Verma is a leader in the treatment of adult and pediatric spine patients with various forms of spinal anomalies including scoliosis, kyphosis, flatback syndrome and spondylolisthesis. He also specializes in innovative cervical spine procedures a...

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

Dr. Verma?
Dr. Verma's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Dr. Verma is one of the best spine specialists and surgeon. He is professional and very knowledgeable. He is caring and compassionate doctor. I came to him after months of sciatic pain across my low back and down my legs, to where I could hardly walk or stand up straight. After having surgery, a laminectomy,(L-3 to L-5), sciatic pain was gone and I was able to stand up straight and walk normally. Dr Verma took time to explain everything I needed to know before surgery and made sure I understood everything he said. I felt completely at ease and comfortable to have Dr. Verma perform this surgery. He is a 5 star doctor!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD?
I swore I would never have back surgery after witnessing my mother go through 4 surgeries without successful outcomes. However, in 2018, the pain in my legs drove me to seeks help. I tried Physical Therapy, Chiropractic treatments, and epidural injections. Nothing helped, so I went to see Dr. Verma who shares a practice with an orthopedic surgeon I had a successful experience with 7 years ago. Dr Verma is not only a great surgeon, but also takes time to patiently explain what is wrong, how it can be fixed, and the options available for a successful outcome. I saw him about a half dozen times before scheduling surgery—his patience, and ability to explain the situation is very reassuring. I had spine surgery by Dr. Verma in June of 2019, and as soon as I woke from the surgery, I knew the pain in my legs was gone. Now, I am looking forward to traveling, and leading an active lifestyle pain-free, thanks to Dr. Verma!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD?
I went to Dr Verma for balance issues and lack of dexterity in my hands. He diagnosed deterioration of the cervical spine. He explained the problems in detail in terms that a layman could understand. He was very caring, keeping in direct contact. He answered all questions for myself and my wife. My surgery was a success and he has followed me closely to be sure all is going well. I have had several orthopedic surgeries and Dr Verma was by far the surgeon that my wife and I had the most confidence in. Kent NaVeaux
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD?
Four months of frustration with loss of feeling and motor skills in my hands and legs, led me to meet Dr. Verma. Within minutes of seeing my neck MRI, he was able to diagnose, and suggest the best options to help me return to normal day to day life. Dr. Verma was extremely personable in our initial consultation and was very up front and honest with my options. After doing my due diligence, and learning about Dr. Verma's skills, experience, and outreach, I knew I was in the best hands and decided to move forward with my ACDF procedure. Dr. Verma and everyone at his office, worked diligently to help me get the best appointment available and made me feel like I was the only patient they were focusing on. This is HUGE in my eyes. I really felt like he was my personal surgeon and we went through this together. I'm 'm confident you will not find a surgeon with a more personal concierge approach to his practice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD?
Knowledgable, caring, thorough, personable. Dr. Verma answers questions, explanations in terms that are easy to understand. Dr Verma performed my 3 part back surgery 01/19/18. I am pain free and have a active lifestyle. I have no residual post-op issues or problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD?
I met Dr Verma in 2016. I was suffering from spondylosis in my spine and severe sciatic nerve pain down my legs. After all of the tests that he had performed oh, it was a decision to do a spinal fusion on my L4 L5. Dr Verma is a very kind, understanding, he really takes time to really get to know his patients. After my surgery he would call to make sure that I was doing well. He has the best bedside manner. He has changed my life he is an exceptional surgeon. He treats his patients like family.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD?
I visited Dr. Verma for reoccurring back pain from a previous injury. I was instantly impressed by his kind and caring manner. He carefully reviewed my case and options for me and put a plan in place. I eventually decided on surgery and am so pleased that I did. Dr. Verma is an excellent surgeon! called me at home 3 times after I was released from the hospital to make sure I didn’t need anything. You won’t go wrong with Dr. Verma!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD?
Outstanding Surgeon. Very patient oriented. Performed spinal fusion surgery in December 18. He has closely followed my progress and been quickly available for any questions or concerns that have come up. He provided his cell so that I could contact him after hours and on weekends. I did, he answered quickly. When he evaluated my case he provided multiple approaches, clearly explaining each and it's associated pluses and minuses so that we came to an agreement of the best course. Great doctor
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD?
Dr Kushagra Verma Dr Kushgara Verma was very thorough in his assessment of my physical complaint. He compared old MRI data to the current scans. Dr Verma spent quite a while explaining the test results at several appointments and then the options to resolve the problem. I felt very at ease knowing he was doing my surgery. After surgery Dr Verma was wonderfully attentive, calling to get frequent updates and visiting 2-3 times each day. Once home he called my husband to keep abreast of my status.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD?
Dr Verma is very caring and competent. Surgery went as explained and I am doing better each day. My physical therapist is pleased with my recovery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD?
You can't imagine how wonderful it feels to stand upright and walk without a walker or cane. At the age of 76 (Feb. '17) I was fortunate to have Dr. Verma re-do my spine at UWMC. I recommend him for spinal correction surgery. He is a miracle worker and allowed me to get a life again. He cares about his patients, listens, and works out personal solutions for spinal problems. YES, YES, YES...get that surgery. You won't be sorry. Dr. Verma may tell you to call Lana. Call and I'll share my story.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD?
After suffering for two years with pain from a botched surgery, I was incredibly lucky to find Dr. Verma. He was able to come up with a revision that corrected the previous surgery and allowed me to stand straight and be free of pain. He explained in detail, patiently answered my questions, did not downplay the risks, and followed up with personal phone calls. He was truly concerned that my surgery and recovery went well. He is incredibly talented and a genuinely nice guy.Thank you Dr. Verma!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD?
Throughout his treatment I truly felt he went above and beyond offering information and assurances. He personalized the treatment, exhibiting true concern for me by personally – not just having a nurse call – personally following up before my surgery, immediately after the operation and then numerous times during my recovery process. Additionally, the nurses and staff at his office returned calls, forwarded messages, and assisted with paperwork quickly and professionally. Thank you Dr. Verma!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD?
It has been three months since surgery and I am finally free of my tailbone pain after seven years. I am so happy I decided to go forward with the surgery with Dr. Verma. Dr. Verma and the UW team were incredible: kind, professional, and highly skilled. I was so impressed by the amount of research they did to ensure my slightly-unusual surgery was successful, but most of all I am so relieved to have found a doctor that listened carefully and cared about my recovery. Thank you, Dr. Verma!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD?
We went to Dr. Verma after interviewing, and being disappointed with, several other surgeons. I was unable to walk more than a hundred yards before my leg & hip pain went to unbearable, and made it impossible to walk. Standing was agonizing. Dr. Verma was compassionate, informative, and most of all, he listened. The surgery went well, and I'm walking 2+ miles every day, and chasing a new puppy. At 59, it's nice to be able to walk again...
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD?
Dr. Verma handled my very complex spine surgery requiring a resection of bone to correct my alignment. He explained the entire process to me and my recovery was as expected. I can finally stand up straight. He changed my life and was invested in the process with me the entire time. He is passionate about scoliosis for children and adults. He also does volunteer surgery abroad on children.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD?
Dr. Verma provided me with excellent medical care and warm human interaction. His honesty, in letting me know what I was facing and what he could and could not do, was refreshing and gave me confidence in his recommendations. My decompression surgery was totally successful in relieving my pain. My recovery has been steady and easier than I anticipated.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD?
When health challenges hit our family, we not only needed a partner in the healthcare with shared values but also with the best professional practice in the industry. We got both in Dr. Verma. He became the source of calm in the midst of the turbulent and violent health storm our family was in the midst of. There were obvious signs that severe pain had taken its toll on my mother in law and she was starting to slowly give up on life. Thanks Dr. Verma for giving her a new lease on life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD?
Dr. Verma is extremely skilled and passionate about spinal surgery. It is easy to see that straightening people's spines is what his prime source of satisfaction and joy. He told me that he loves his work more than anything. He is efficient, smart and curious- not lazy and uninvested in the process. In Dr. Verma, you will find a charming and sincere healer. I can only give him top marks. He took my severely crooked spine and now I have exemplary posture. There are no words for how happy I am.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kushagra Verma, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Verma?

Beach Orthopedic Specialty Institute