Dr. Kurt Washburn, MD

Neurology | Male

Dr. Kurt Washburn, MD
Dr. Kurt Washburn, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Charlotte, NC. He is 49 years old and has been practicing for 23 years. Dr. Washburn is affiliated with Carolinas Medical Center.

Dr. Washburn's Experience

See how Dr. Washburn's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Washburn

Dr. Washburn accepts 6 insurance carriers

Dr. Washburn is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Washburn has admitting privileges.

Dr. Washburn's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Washburn to family and friends
2.5
Dr. Washburn's Performance
    FAIR
in Charlotte, NC |
I too have had horrible experiences with Dr. Washburn and stayed with him way too long as a doctor. He never listened or explored any other ideas when it was clear his treatment plan was not working for me. In the 2 years I was his patient he never ordered a MRI. I finally got fed up with him and went for a second opinion. That doctor immediately recognized my symptoms as MS a MRI confirmed that diagnosis. Glad I didn't wait any longer for Dr. Washburn to diagnose me.
Miami Gardens, FL |
Terrible communications and record keeping. On April 2016 I had an EEG performed. Since then I've moved out of state and I requested my records for my new Doctor. After about a dozen messages and talking to several employees, I was told that my EEG readings were archived and no longer accesible. Actually deleted not archived. I paid $700 out of pocket to have the EEG performed. Those are my records and should have been given to me or held in storage.
Monroe, NC |
Very kind and thorough, took his time explaining my father's situation and treatment options.
in Weddington, nc |
After our first appt and last appt with Dr Washburn, I can honestly say he is THE most arrogant and unprofessional physician I've met. No compassion for a young woman struggling with many health issues. Instead, he made her feel less of a person for all she is struggling with. The practice needs to drop him!!
in Charolette , NC |
Dr. Washburn is the most arrogant non caring physician I have ever seen and I have seen many. Dr. Washburn went so far as to make personal statements judging me negatively. After I had explained the reason for my visit and asked if he could help me Dr. Washburn respond "No I can not help you, why are you here to see me, what is it that you expect me to do for you", I mean wow, what physician says this to a patient? What physician makes personal comments negatively judging you? Never see him!
in Charlotte, NC |
I had the same experience the previous two posters had. I actually had to stick up for myself because his behavior was so unacceptable. I told him exactly how I felt about his condescending attitude. Pray you don't have a question for him. He will tell you flat out what an idiot he thinks you are. Well if he can be nasty and disrespectfull towards me, well then I have the right to tell him what I think about his behavior. And that I did. I hope that my words today sink into his unempathtic soul.
Charlotte, NC |
Dr. Washburn has to be the rudest, non-empathetic, sarcastic doctor I've ever seen in my life. I've seen him on several occasions now and I thought maybe it was just me. He interrupts you before you can answer a question, if he doesn't understand other issues besides what you're coming to him for he gets smart. My theory is for any doctor if another specialty is out of your scope then it's up to that doctor to at least research it. A doctor should never say I don't understand, who does that?
in Charlotte, NC |
Wow is all I can say. It really seems like Dr. Washburn hates his job. He was very condescending to us as if he was compensating for not having any answers. Had no answers so he became jerky. For specialist, I would think he should know his job, or at least the basics. Very disappointed in his interaction with us. Just plain RUDE!
Have you seen Dr. Kurt Washburn, MD?
Are you Dr. Washburn?

Compare Dr. Washburn

Dr. Washburn's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurology
  •  Board certified in Neurology

Dr. Washburn has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

Why It Matters: Dr. Washburn's Board Certifications

• Essential Tremor
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Syncope
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Thrombosis
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Tuberous Sclerosis
  • Vertigo
  • Visual Field Defects

LOYOLA UNIV OF CHICAGO STRITCH SCH OF MED

Graduated in 1994

Dr. Washburn does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Washburn and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurology