Dr. Kurt Heiland, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat | Male

Dr. Kurt Heiland, MD
Dr. Kurt Heiland, MD is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in Scottsdale, AZ. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 25 years. Dr. Heiland is affiliated with Banner - Unviersity Medical Center Phoenix and HonorHealth Scottsdale Shea Medical Center.

Dr. Heiland's Care Philosophy

Dr. Heiland offers a full range of ENT services and procedures at Scottsdale ENT. Whether you have ear complaints, troublesome allergies, problems with balance or have been told you need head or neck surgery, Dr. Heiland will make sure you are well cared for, comfortable and educated throughout your visit with us.

Dr. Heiland's Experience

See how Dr. Heiland's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Heiland

Dr. Heiland accepts 23 insurance carriers

Dr. Heiland is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Heiland has admitting privileges.

Dr. Heiland's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Heiland to family and friends
    3.3
    Dr. Heiland Says:

Thank you for your feedback. We value your impressions and use this information to continue to improve all aspects of our medical practice from front office, your medical care and our billing. We hope you see us again when you need medical care/

Dr. Heiland's Performance
      GOOD
    in scottsdale, AZ |
    Dr Heiland diagnosed my husband 4 years ago with tonsil cancer and has performed several surgeries since then. Never had a Dr who cares as much about my husband as dr Heiland does. The trust ,connection and caring over the last 4 years have been a source of strength to both my husband and myself. Kami completes the experience by truly caring and always facilitating and connecting the dots between appointments and Other Doctors.
    in Scottsdale, AZ |
    I have been seeing Dr. Heiland since March/2000 when I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Oral Cancer that had metastasized to my lymph nodes in neck . His aggressive and very competent treatment is the main reason I am still alive. His bedside manor is as good as it gets.
    Phoenix, AZ |
    Grossly incompetent and rude. Refused to hear my ailments due to his own arrogant self-entitled fixation on another disease i have that "interested him" although it was completely beyond his realm and knowledge. Gave me negligent and wrong advice regarding that completely irrelevant health problem he found in my file. Refused to answer my questions and condescended everything I had to say. Left me with zero information, diagnoses, or relevant information pertinent to my ear problem. Disgraceful
    in Scottsdale, AZ |
    Dr. Kurt Keiland was highly recommended to me approx. two years ago by my then oncology doctor. My initial visit was on time and informative. After the visit he took the time to personally call my home for his diagnosis and recommended procedure. He explaining that in his opinion surgery would be my best direction. He preformed my RND and saved my life. I highly recommend Dr. Heiland and his professional and efficient staff.
    in Cave Creek, AZ |
    I credit Dr. Heiland for saving my life. After a diagnosis of throat cancer, Dr. Heiland successfully performed surgery and put a team of oncologists (radiation and chemo) together and got me through a difficult and trying time. He has performed over 15 different procedures on me and I absolutely trust him and his judgement. Yes, there are times you have to wait, but the wait is well worth it and, for me, so is the outcome. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Heiland!
    in Scottsdale, AZ |
    I have a hard time giving this doctor two stars. His staff called me twice the day before my appointment and told me to call ahead and make sure he was running on time. I thought that was very nice, as I could be aware if there was a wait. Well, I called! They said he's running on time. I showed ten minutes prior to my appointment and waited and waited. over an hour and a half went by before I was taken back. When he finally came in, I explained my history and why I was there. He was (as many ot
    in Scottsdale, AZ |
    The most arrogant Physician that I have ever met. He spent more time abusing me because I have a very complex medical history than just doing his job and checking my ears. His rant is something that no patient should be exposed to. This guy needs mental help.
    in Scottsdale, AZ |
    Excellent... His staff got me in right away. I had an emergency and lost my hearing in my right ear. Doctor and his staff were aggressive with my treatment trying to save my hearing. There was a little wait during appointments, but when he saw me you know why. He takes his time with you and makes sure you are taken care of! I totally love his NP she is amazing!! His staff have been great and very sweet to me every time I have come in the office! Thank You !!!
    in Gilbert, AZ |
    To see Dr Heiland has only 3 stars on this page is no justice for what this Dr of ENT truly is. This man is awesome and takes his time with everyone he see's. I seen him today for a problem other Dr's overlooked. And he fixed it. I live in Gilbert and would drive to see him because he's that good. Lucky to have him in AZ, Want the best?? He is the best!! NUFF SAID!!
    Scottsdale, AZ |
    Cannot recommend. Doctor doesn't discuss risks vs benefits of procedures he recommends strongly. Didn't explain. Didn't listen. Have seen many ENT's over the years but this was the only really bad experience.
    in Phoenix, AZ |
    Have gone to Dr Heiland for years. He really knows his stuff, but the staff experience is horrible and they don't seem to care. Recently had a serious ear issue, tried to see him twice, scheduled weeks early. I waited 75+ minutes each time and had to leave without treatment each time. On 2nd attempt, raised the issue and was greeted by his rude office manager who pretty much said tough luck. I asked her to have the Dr. call me about it. Never heard back from anyone.
    in Scottsdale, AZ |
    Dr. Heiland is a great guy. Has a funny sense of humor and is very informational when asking him questions. I had both Tonsillectomy and nose plasty done using his services and the end result was terrific. I would recommend him to anyone who is in need of any of these procedures. Thank you Dr. Heiland for your making my breathing better and sore throats almost non-existent.
    Very satsfied with all procedures and follow up care!
    Have you seen Dr. Kurt Heiland, MD?
    Are you Dr. Heiland?

Dr. Heiland's Care Philosophy

Dr. Heiland says...

A skilled surgeon, Dr. Heiland utilizes the minimally invasive daVinci robot for surgeries of the head and neck. Whether it is cancer, thyroid, sleep apnea or other issues in the head and neck region, Dr. Heiland's experience is unparalleled in the Valley.

Dr. Heiland says...

Dr. Heiland's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat
    •  Board certified in Otolaryngology
    •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Dr. Heiland has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Why It Matters: Dr. Heiland's Board Certifications

• Enlarged Turbinates
    • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
    • Eyelid Disorders
    • Facial Fracture
    • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
    • Gum Cancer
    • Head and Neck Cancer
    • Head and Neck Tumor
    • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
    • Hearing Loss
    • Hearing Loss Due to Noise
    • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
    • Laryngeal Cancer
    • Sjögren's Syndrome
    • Sleep Disorders
    • Soft Tissue Sarcoma
    • Soft Tissue Sarcoma of Head, Face, and Neck
    • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
    • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
    • Throat Pain

Completed in 1995

Santa Clara University

Graduated in 1988

• German

Dr. Heiland does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Heiland and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
    • Adenoidectomy
    • Allergy Drops
    • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
    • Balloon Sinuplasty
    • Bone Anchored Hearing Aid Implant
    • Cervical Lymph Node Dissection
    • Cochlear Implant Insertion
    • Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
    • Dacryocystorhinostomy
    • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
    • ENT Surgery
    • Ear Surgery
    • Ear Tube Placement
    • Esophagoscopy
    • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
    • Excision of Facial Bone
    • Lip, Excision or Resection
    • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
    • Lymphadenectomy With Robotic Assistance
    • Mastoidectomy
    • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
    • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
    • Parathyroidectomy
    • Parotidectomy
    • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
    • Sinus Surgery
    • Sleep Apnea Surgery
    • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
    • Stapedectomy