Dr. Kumari Moturu, MD

Dr. Kumari Moturu, MD

Psychiatry | Female

Kumari L Moturu MD LLC 4983 Bluebonnet Blvd Ste A Baton Rouge, LA 70809 Get Directions

Dr. Kumari Moturu, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Baton Rouge, LA. She is 69 years old and has been practicing for 44 years.

Dr. Moturu's Experience

See how Dr. Moturu's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Moturu

Dr. Moturu accepts 10 insurance carriers

Dr. Moturu's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Moturu to family and friends
1.9
Dr. Moturu's Performance
    GOOD
Baton Rouge, LA |
First I will never recommend Dr. Kumari ever. The staff are rude and disrespectful. The admins are horrible and seem to be prejudice. The daughter who also works in the office stares at you in an uncomfortable way and also advised to find another Dr. Dr. Kumari was ok however for the amount of money the insurance company pays and copays for the visit you would think that she would talk more to the patients and not look so disgusted as if she is having a bad day. Worst Dr. office ever.
in Mississippi |
I have been going to Dr. Kumari for years now. She has been good to me. I was on Abilify and it was making my eyes roll in the back of my head and she immediately knew that I needed a different medicine and switched me to Lithium. There has been ups and downs but all in all I am happy with where I am at. Emily is my therapist and she is great. They always call me if something is wrong or they need to reschedule. I am very happy here.
in Baton Rouge, LA |
Dr Kumari has saved my life and my sons. She has been a blessing to my family.
in Denham springs, LA |
Awful! I can't warn you enough to not go here! Months and months and nothing got better, oh, and prescribing a medicine that causes seizures when the patient has a history of seizures, only to cause him to have seizures! Don't come here if you have a life threatening condition!
Baton Rouge, LA |
Worse experience ever with a Dr. She walks into the room and hardly speaks. Does not care to listen to what you have to say. It horrible how she wants you to come back every month (just for medication refills...just to collect a copay and bill your insurance). I've constantly told her that the medication she is prescribing is useless to me and a waste of money. She tells me that is my only option and proceeds to write out the exact same prescription again. I will not be returning.
in Baton Rouge, LA |
Seeing her every month when getting my meds adjusted. When I told her I couldn't maintain the frequency of our visits, she scheduled the next appointment two months out, the next visit refused to prescribe my medications, unless I would have monthly visits. I had a family emergency and cancelled one appointment, and when I asked for a week's supply till I could get back to Baton Rouge, her office staff called me a drug seeker! Yes, I am seeking anti-depressants! Office staff hung up on me!
Have you seen Dr. Kumari Moturu, MD?
Are you Dr. Moturu?

Compare Dr. Moturu

Dr. Moturu's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Louisiana not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder

University Of Health Sciences / Rangaraya Medical College

Graduated in 1973

Dr. Moturu does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Moturu and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry

• Family Psychotherapy
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)