Dr. Kumar Patel, MD

Allergy & ImmunologyMaleAge 54

Dr. Kumar Patel, MD is a Allergy & Immunology Specialist in Tarentum, PA. Dr. Patel has more experience with Environmental Allergies than other specialists in his area. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Patel to book an appointment.

Dr. Patel

Tarentum Office

301 5TH AVE Tarentum, PA 15084

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Allergy & Immunology Specialists in your area

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Frequently Treated by Dr. Patel

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Patel treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Patel treats other conditions, please contact the office at (724) 224-5440.

Environmental Allergies

Compare with other Environmental Allergies specialists.

Dr. Patel is experienced in the area of Environmental Allergies. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 14 conditions and procedures

• Anaphylaxis
  • Angioedema
  • Animal Allergies
  • Asthma
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Blood Allergy Testing
  • Bronchitis
  • Chronic Pharyngitis
  • Chronic Sinusitis
  • Common Variable Immune Deficiency (CVID)
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Dermatitis
  • Sinusitis
  • Skin Testing and Screening
  • Toxic Effect of Venom

Dr. Patel accepts

Dr. Patel accepts the following insurance:

Select

Dr. Patel's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Patel

2.8

Dr. Patel?
  • Staff friendliness (12)
  • Staff wasn't friendly (5)
I waited over a month to get an appointment and was extremely disappointed. Since I had to wait so long, my allergy didn’t look as severe as it was originally. But, the situation was not resolved. He lacked compassion and made me feel like my condition was insignificant. He wanted me to tell him what I thought he should test me for and what type of testing I wanted instead of his recommendation. He was arrogant in his responses and said I wasn’t answering his questions and we were just going in circles. He lacks respect for functional medicine. I was already doing the things he was recommending with the exception of discontinuing my supplements. His suggestion was that I should see a university based dermatologist since it appeared that I had a skin disorder. Four years ago I went to an allergist and was never treated in this manner. Nonetheless, I will not return or recommend this doctor.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Long wait times
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Mar 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kumar Patel, MD?
I went to Dr. Patel because he took over my doctor’s practice. From the get-go, he had no interest in helping me. I have had chronic hives since May of 2020. I was on the Xolair shot, but the last one didn’t help. He basically told me to go to a dermatologist or another allergist. When I asked for a recommendation, he said I’d have to do it and to hurry because it would take a while to get in. He also told me that he didn’t read my chart because it was too large. Now I am trying to get in to see a dermatologist and his office will not fax me the permission to sign to get my records transferred. I have called several times. They have given me a story every time I call. So now my new dermatologist won’t have my records.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
Jayne Chobot – Mar 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kumar Patel, MD?
I had an appointment today to see the doctor. Apparently "the doctor" means "physician assistant". There's a 99% chance that the doctor wasn't even in the building today, but the PA kept leaving the room and coming back saying "the doctor said". Why couldn't the doctor say it to my face? Oh, because he wasn't there! The PA started by saying that he was going to start and then the doctor will come in. He left. Asked for a Gatorade for me because I didn't eat breakfast. Told me that "The doctor said.." Left the room again to get the doctor, came back and told me someone drank the Gatorade. He left again to get the doctor to see me and, surprise, he came back without the doctor. I told him if I don't see the doctor, I'll go to my insurance company and he told me to go ahead. Then he said they could only provide treatment for 30 days and I need to go into Pittsburgh to see a "University doctor". I was in that room for over an hour waiting for a doctor that (most likely) wasn't even there!
Jan 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kumar Patel, MD?
Quick to get us in for an appointment. Discussed all options for treatment and follow-up. Great with children.
Pittsburgh, PA – Oct 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kumar Patel, MD?
Go anywhere else. Our appointment for my daughter was for a reoccurring skin rash. Our stay in the waiting room was two hours, then over thirty minutes in the exam room. We wanted food allergy testing because our son has food allergies and we suspected the same thing. Dr. Patel said no. We wasted time and money to find out my daughter is allergic to ragweed. Rash is still there, excessively large bill, no doctor accountability. But he will see us again, anytime!!! Ya right.
Michael in Pittsburgh, PA – Jun 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kumar Patel, MD?
Dr. Patel is absolutely amazing. Great bedside manner, honest and caring. He was very professional and he helped me tremendously with my condition (better than any other doctor I have ever seen). He spent as much time as I needed to explain things to me. He politely answered every question I asked. His staff are polite, friendly and knowledgeable. Wait time was very reasonable. The facilities are very clean and attractive. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience. Thank you Dr. Kumar.
James in Pittsburgh, PA – Feb 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kumar Patel, MD?
Very friendly. It's not often you find a doctor who listens as well as Dr. Patel does.
Feb 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kumar Patel, MD?
I had my first case of hives from stress and was referred to Dr. Patel by my pcp. I was still in college and had no clue what was going on. He danced around the fact that he had no clue what was causing my hives or how to cure them even though I kept saying they were from stress. When he noticed that he wasn't going to get anywhere with me because the hives were healing on their own, he tricked me into taking an allergy test that had nothing to do with my case and I got a $500 bill in the mail.
Pittsburgh, PA – Dec 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kumar Patel, MD?
Very professional physician & staff. Explained everything in great detail. Listened to my concerns. Definitely will continue treatment protocol. Recommended several other people to him already. Thank you Dr. Patel!
Judy in Pittsburgh, PA – Nov 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kumar Patel, MD?
This doctor is only worried about money he could care less if he takes care of your problems. I had to get a referral to go then less then 2 months later they wanted me to get another and I refused and told them to cancel the appointment which wasn't for another week. A few days ago I received a letter stating they refused to offer me any service and that I should find a new doctor. Funniest thing ever like you hurt my feelings lol
Suzanne in New Brighton – Mar 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kumar Patel, MD?
This doctor has no bedside manner and he doesn't even acknowledge it when he has had you waiting for a long period of time for an appointment. I was going to stop going to him earlier but I started seeing the assistant. However, I made an appointment with her and I didn't discover she wasn't there and they double booked until I had been waiting fifty minutes. No one called me ahead of time to tell me the situation or bothered to tell me when I checked in for my appointment.
Canonsburg, PA – Feb 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kumar Patel, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Patel?

• Allergy & Immunology