Family Medicine  |
Dr. Kumar Mandal, MD
Dr. Kumar Mandal, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Shirley, NY. He is 62 years old and has been practicing for 37 years. Dr. Mandal is affiliated with Stony Brook University Hospital and Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center.

2 Coraci Blvd Ste 10

• MVP Health Care
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Mandal

Dr. Mandal's Experience

Dr. Mandal's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

This content was provided by Dr. Mandal "For years, my practice has grown with my patients' families. I enjoy interacting with my patients and making them feel at home in my office. As a family man myself, I understand the importance of maintaining the health of my patients and their families and strive to provide the best care possible. My specialty is in addiction medicine."

• Addiction Medicine

• Lung Cancer
  • Menopause
  • Neuroendocrine Tumors
  • Pancreatic Cancer
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Phlebitis and Thrombophlebitis

• Electrocardiogram (EKG)
  • Immunization
  • Physical Examination
  • Vaccination

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Christian College, Bankura, W.B.
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1972
  • Flushing Hospital Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1989
  • SUNY Downstate Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1988

Dr. Mandal has no media or publications listed.

• Bengali
  • Hindi

Dr. Mandal does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mandal and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mandal's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mandal to family and friends
3.0
Dr. Mandal's Performance
    GOOD
Shirley, NY |
I hope that whoever is reading the reviews bases their decision on whether or not to go to this doctor on his resume and not on whether someone has an attitude problem. Is the person that keeps being pointed out in the reviews treating your condition? No? Okay then!
Center Moriches, NY |
I have been a patient of this office for about a year now. I have been extremely happy with my experience each time I go for a visit. The receptionists and the manager are so friendly and they always ask how me and my family are doing when I am at the window. Dr. Mandal and Dr. Steve are both great! Im pretty surprised with these comments. Only negative of this office is wait time to be seen, which is not the receptionists fault. I will continue referring friends to this office.
Ridge, NY |
I just have to say that I have been a pt at this office for a few yrs & it's a shame that people think so negative about the office manger. Anna has helped me with many issues, from calling my insurance co to helping me schedule appointments, etc. The office is run better than in previous years, Its nice not being doubled billed! I will say I have watched many rude pt's come in screaming at Anna and the girls in the office. Anna has handled it professionally each time. sad the things are saying
Mastic, Ny |
if it was not for the 4 young ladies who work here i would find a new doctor, Felichia, Jennifer, Catherine, Angela such sweet nice girls, Patient care is essential to them. OFFICE MANAGER THE WORST! her names anna i believe, She is the worst thing to happen to this office!!!! How are you doctors gonna allow her to treat patients the way she does? Look at these reviews!!!!!! She is clearly not suppose to be in this feild!!!!!
i wish that i could give ZERO!!!!! the young ladies are very nice and they are helpful very sweet felicha jennifer catherine and the young girl up front angela! The manager anna is Rude!!!!!! Stomps arounf the office with attitudes to us we are the patients we should be a priority bot hurting our feelings and making us feel dumb!! i was a new patient and i am never going back!
Mastic Beach, NY |
Staff is NOT nice, anna (office manager) VERY rude, Reception girl Cathertine is horrible just like her slamming windows, attitudes, Talking down to patients like we are not good enough for the time they give us, The 2 young ladies Nurse felicha and extern girl jennifer are very nice and sweet Dr needs neew reception and office manager ASAP
Mastic Beach, NY |
I have been going to Dr. Mandal for over 20 years & I am satisfied with him. However, his office manager Anna is rude, talks over you and has made me feel like I'm inconveniencing her. It took 2 wks for her to get my prescription right and when she did it was called into the wrong pharmacy. It was only for a 30 day which was not told to me and I had to call back. Her attitude is not a new thing. She should remember that patient care is essential to all including her job! I will be speaking to Dr
in Shirley, NY |
This is the worst doctors office ever.. the staff is extremely rude! Especially Anna the office manager. I tried to explain to her how uncomfortable my experience had been with one of the receptionist And she rolled her eyes at me and said okay. I'm never going back to this place again. Anna is the absolute worst!
Center Moriches, NY |
I gave only one star, and that is because of the unprofessional attitude frome the office to the office manager Ana. they are not helpful nor do they have patients best interest in the patient. I am goin to another doctor where they care and treat their patient with professional attitude.the only person who is very caring and understandin is the nurse named Felicia.
in Mastic Beach, NY |
Good experiences at first, then felt my needs weren't be addressed or listened to. Had meds lowered (despite my disagreement) after hospital stay; meds were directly related to condition I was in hospital for. His choice resulted in another hospital stay a few months later. I was treated like a drug addict for asking to refill pain medications for chronic pain/arthritis. I understand there are new regulations but my PCP should be able to treat my pain. Always Issues w/ electronic script refills
Have you seen Dr. Kumar Mandal, MD?
Are you Dr. Mandal?