Dr. Kristi Kern, DO

Dr. Kristi Kern, DO

Sports Medicine  |

Growing up in a small community, I knew I wanted to do something to serve the people in the area. I decided to become a doctor and eventually chose family practice so I could care for entire families. I went to Alma College as an undergrad and the Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine for medical school. After medical school and residency, I completed a sports medicine fellowship and received additional, specialized training to care for athletes and active individuals. I have a special interest in treating sports-related injuries, as well as providing preventive care for the well-being of all my patients. I take great satisfaction in having entire families as my patients. I enjoy sports, both watching and playing. I also love to read and spend time outdoors with my family and friends.

Metro Health Cascade

• Health Net Federal Services
  • Meridian Health Plan
  • Molina Healthcare
  • Priority Health
  • Priority Health Choice, Inc.
  • Zurich

Learn about Dr. Kern

As an osteopathic physician, I studied how to care for the entire patient – mind, body and spirit. I feel all these facets of a person play a role in his or her health. I’ve found that patients also feel these aspects are important to their well-being, both in the evaluation and care of their medical issues.

It is important to me to listen to patients and communicate effectively with them in all aspects of health. I strive to be compassionate and empathetic as we work towards goals of health and wellness.

Dr. Kern's Experience

Dr. Kern's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Sports Medicine

• Sports Medicine

Dr. Kern does not have any board certifications listed.

• Acne
  • Allergies
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Chronic Diseases
  • Infectious Diseases
  • Injuries
  • Menopause
  • Pneumonia
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)

• Abscess Incision and Drainage
  • Urinalysis
  • Vaccination
  • Wart Removal
  • Well Baby Care

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Mi State Univ Coll Of Osteo Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2001

Dr. Kern has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Kern has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kern does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kern and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kern's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kern to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Kern Says:

I welcome any positive or constructive feedback on how I am doing. This helps me to continue to provide the best care to meet your needs.

Dr. Kern's Performance
Grand Rapids MI |
I took my special needs child to this Dr. An intern was shadowing the Dr for the day. My child repeated a story she'd previously told the Dr to the intern who was typing. The Dr got short with my child & finished her story for her & then said, "RIGHT?" I could tell my child was choking back tears. We have a new Dr. Don't bring a mildly autistic child to a sports Dr from small town who needs to grow up. Message to K.Kern: ANYONE can have a special needs child.
Berrien Springs, MI |
Impatient. Sarcastic comments to my child. Self important.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
Dr Kern is one of the best doctors I've ever been to. She never makes you feel like something isn't important and she never rushes you. She caring, compassionate, kind... I'm glad I switched to her last year.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
She is the best doctor in this city - hands down. I had gone to another physician and had several misdiagnoses leading to some pretty severe life threatening consequences. She took the time to listen, ask questions and was able to manage my care to get me the best possible result. I should be paralyzed and in a coma from an embolism but thankfully I found Dr. Kern.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
Very sweet, knowledgeable, and professional; she devotes to her patients all the time they need, and listens attentively, with a genuine interest. Her support staff could be a bit nicer and more compassionate, but Dr. Kern is well worth that minor inconvenience.
Grand Rapids, MI |
Dr. Kern is very knowledgeable, and more than willing to explain her thoughts regarding health concerns. She is also willing to discuss and explore options. I have recommended her to my friends in the area!
in Grand Rapids, MI |
She is a great provider for our kids!
in Grand Rapids Michigan |
I have been a patient of Dr Kern's for several years. She is an outstanding physician and very caring. I have never felt rushed or dismissed and she is always listening. I would recommend her to anyone.
in Woodland, MI |
Dr. Kern is the best PCP out there! She helped to obtain the treatments I needed that saved my life twice in just 2014.
Have you seen Dr. Kristi Kern, DO?
Are you Dr. Kern?

• Health Net Federal Services
  • Meridian Health Plan
  • Molina Healthcare
  • Priority Health
  • Priority Health Choice, Inc.
    Priority Health Choice MIC - MIChild