Dr. Kristi Kern, DO

Dr. Kristi Kern, DO

Sports Medicine  ·
Female  ·

Dr. Kristi Kern, DO is a sports medicine specialist in Grand Rapids, MI and has been practicing for 17 years. She specializes in sports medicine and family medicine.Read her story

Metro Health Cascade

• Health Net Federal Services
  • Meridian Health Plan
  • Molina Healthcare
  • Priority Health
  • Priority Health Choice, Inc.
  • Zurich

Learn about Dr. Kern

Dr. Kern's Experience

Dr. Kern's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Sports Medicine

Dr. Kern's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Kern "Growing up in a small community, I knew I wanted to do something to serve the people in the area. I decided to become a doctor and eventually chose family practice so I could care for entire families. I went to Alma College as an undergrad and the Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine for medical school. After medical school and residency, I completed a sports medicine fellowship and received additional, specialized training to care for athletes and active individuals. I have a special interest in treating sports-related injuries, as well as providing preventive care for the well-being of all my patients. I take great satisfaction in having entire families as my patients. I enjoy sports, both watching and playing. I also love to read and spend time outdoors with my family and friends."

This content was provided by Dr. Kern "As an osteopathic physician, I studied how to care for the entire patient – mind, body and spirit. I feel all these facets of a person play a role in his or her health. I’ve found that patients also feel these aspects are important to their well-being, both in the evaluation and care of their medical issues.

It is important to me to listen to patients and communicate effectively with them in all aspects of health. I strive to be compassionate and empathetic as we work towards goals of health and wellness."

• Sports Medicine

Dr. Kern does not have any board certifications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Mi State Univ Coll Of Osteo Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2001

Dr. Kern has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Kern has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kern does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kern and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kern's Reviews

4.4
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kern to family and friends

Dr. Kern's Performance

Dr. Kern Says:
"

I welcome any positive or constructive feedback on how I am doing. This helps me to continue to provide the best care to meet your needs.

"

I took my special needs child to this Dr. An intern was shadowing the Dr for the day. My child repeated a story she'd previously told the Dr to the intern who was typing. The Dr got short with my child & finished her story for her & then said, "RIGHT?" I could tell my child was choking back tears....more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Impatient. Sarcastic comments to my child. Self important.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr Kern is one of the best doctors I've ever been to. She never makes you feel like something isn't important and she never rushes you. She caring, compassionate, kind... I'm glad I switched to her last year.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
She is the best doctor in this city - hands down. I had gone to another physician and had several misdiagnoses leading to some pretty severe life threatening consequences. She took the time to listen, ask questions and was able to manage my care to get me the best possible result. I should be...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Very sweet, knowledgeable, and professional; she devotes to her patients all the time they need, and listens attentively, with a genuine interest. Her support staff could be a bit nicer and more compassionate, but Dr. Kern is well worth that minor inconvenience.
Are you Dr. Kern?