Dr. Kristi S. Kern, DO

Dr. Kristi S. Kern, DO

Sports Medicine | Female | 42 years old

Growing up in a small community, I knew I wanted to do something to serve the people in the area. I decided to become a doctor and eventually chose family practice so I could care for entire families. I went to Alma College as an undergrad and the Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine for medical school. After medical school and residency, I completed a sports medicine fellowship and received additional, specialized training to care for athletes and active individuals. I have a special interest in treating sports-related injuries, as well as providing preventive care for the well-being of all my patients. I take great satisfaction in having entire families as my patients. I enjoy sports, both watching and playing. I also love to read and spend time outdoors with my family and friends.Read more

Metro Health Cascade
4300 Cascade Rd SE Ste 101
Grand Rapids, MI 49546 Get Directions

As an osteopathic physician, I studied how to care for the entire patient – mind, body and spirit. I feel all these facets of a person play a role in his or her health. I’ve found that patients also feel these aspects are important to their well-being, both in the evaluation and care of their medical issues. It is important to me to listen to patients and communicate effectively with them in all aspects of health. I strive to be compassionate and empathetic as we work towards goals of health and wellness.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Kern's Experience

See how Dr. Kern's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kern

Dr. Kern accepts 13 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Kern has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Kern's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kern to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Kern
Dr. Kern's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (15)
Dr. Kern Says:

I welcome any positive or constructive feedback on how I am doing. This helps me to continue to provide the best care to meet your needs.

in Grand Rapids, MI |
She is the best doctor in this city - hands down. I had gone to another physician and had several misdiagnoses leading to some pretty severe life threatening consequences. She took the time to listen, ask questions and was able to manage my care to get me the best possible result. I should be paralyzed and in a coma from an embolism but thankfully I found Dr. Kern.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
Very sweet, knowledgeable, and professional; she devotes to her patients all the time they need, and listens attentively, with a genuine interest. Her support staff could be a bit nicer and more compassionate, but Dr. Kern is well worth that minor inconvenience.
Grand Rapids, MI |
Dr. Kern is very knowledgeable, and more than willing to explain her thoughts regarding health concerns. She is also willing to discuss and explore options. I have recommended her to my friends in the area!
in Grand Rapids, MI |
She is a great provider for our kids!
in Grand Rapids Michigan |
I have been a patient of Dr Kern's for several years. She is an outstanding physician and very caring. I have never felt rushed or dismissed and she is always listening. I would recommend her to anyone.
in Woodland, MI |
Dr. Kern is the best PCP out there! She helped to obtain the treatments I needed that saved my life twice in just 2014.
Have you seen Dr. Kristi S. Kern, DO?
Are you Dr. Kern?

Compare Dr. Kern

More Sports Medicine Specialists like Dr. Kern at Metro Health

Dr. Kern's Care Philosophy

Dr. Kern says...

As a former competitive athlete, I understand the importance of sports medicine as a specialty and completed a fellowship for extra training in diagnosing and treating musculoskeletal conditions and other issues that play a role in active people’s lives. I am excited to work with patients on improving their performance and helping them to achieve their goals, both competitively and personally.

I am privileged to work with many of the professional athletes in the area, and I have been the lead team physician at Aquinas College for the past 10 years. I also enjoy working at community events, like the Metro Health Grand Rapids Marathon, the 5/3 Riverbank Run and numerous triathlons and races around West Michigan. Providing medical coverage for these events is a great way to get to know patients and stay involved in the community.

Dr. Kern says...

As a part of my practice, I offer a number of services and procedures, including sports and physical injury evaluation and diagnosis, X-ray review and fracture care. I also perform a variety of injections and can perform osteopathic manipulative therapy.

Dr. Kern says...

Dr. Kern's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Sports Medicine
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Michigan not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Acne
  • Allergies
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Chronic Diseases
  • Infectious Diseases
  • Injuries
  • Menopause
  • Pneumonia
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)

MI STATE UNIV COLL OF OSTEO MED

Graduated in 2001

Dr. Kern does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kern and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sports Medicine