Dr. Kristi A Sikes, MD

PsychiatryFemaleAge 38

Psychiatry

Dr. Kristi A Sikes, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in The Woodlands, TX. Her office accepts new patients.

Dr. Kristi A Sikes, MD

Sikes Psychiatry and Wellness

6707 Sterling Ridge Dr Ste C The Woodlands, TX 77382 ()

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Sikes' experience treating your condition or procedure

• Alcohol Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcohol or Substance Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcohol Withdrawal
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Anorexia
  • Antisocial Personality Disorder
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Cocaine Addiction
  • Cocaine Withdrawal
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Conduct Disorder
  • Conversion Disorder
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Dementia or Depression Screening
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Medication Management
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Amphetamine or Related Acting Sympathomimetic Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Somatoform Disorders
  • Suicidal Ideation
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

Dr. Sikes accepts

Dr. Sikes accepts the following insurance:

Advantage

Dr. Sikes' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Sikes

2.0

Dr. Sikes

Absolutely horrible. I brought my daughter here for her adhd and extreme anger outbursts. The only reason I even began bringing her here was because every other place was booked pretty far out and Dr. Sikes office could see her immediately. We had a total of maybe 7 visits and and we only actually saw Dr. Sikes 1 time and that was only after I came in for and emergency visit completely defeated because I was just at a loss with my daughter's anger outbursts at which time she basically told me I didn't know how to parent my child and maybe I should read how to parent an adhd child. First of all I have spent HOURS researching and reading how to parent my adhd child and what will work best for her, none of which has worked so far which is why I was coming here for help. Second how dare you tell a mother who comes in literally in tears and begging for help that she is the problem when you have spent absolutely no time talking to me about my parenting techniques and you spent less than 5
Apr 27, 2022
Bad reviews justified
Had 2 appointments with Dr Sikes and she was late on both, 60+ and 110 minutes altogether. Seem there is no respect for her patients at all and that's not only her but it permeates to her staff. The receptionist is rude and incompetent. They probably cannot see how people might need their services but this just seem to be a practitioner in it for the money.
Victor H Zenea – Apr 19, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kristi A Sikes, MD?
I have been a patient since 2016. I’m seeing bad reviews (and many are justified), however Dr. Sikes is SUCH a great doctor. Please be patient with wait times, appointments and med requests. ESPECIALLY if you’re out of medication. Please call the office about a week or so BEFORE you run out. That is key and MOST doctor offices and pharmacies would advise the same. She’s helped me significantly. At one point her staff wasn’t so great, but she had transitioned to private practice and the new staff really works hard… they go above and beyond. I pray I will never have to find another psychiatrist. She’s changed my life for the better!
Dawn P. – Feb 24, 2022
We strive to provide the best and most...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kristi A Sikes, MD?
Total rip off and waste of my time and money. This doctor doesn’t answer the phone. Doesn’t return calls. Charges astronomical amounts of money and doesn’t send scripts over to the pharmacy. This office is unprofessional and can’t keep appointments on time.
Steph – Nov 20, 2021
I am very sorry that you did not have a good...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kristi A Sikes, MD?
Absolutely ridiculous waited over 2-1/2 hours to see Dr Sikes and she never showed up had to see her assistant I’m never ever going back again
Sep 30, 2021
I am very sorry that I was not in the office...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kristi A Sikes, MD?
I did not have a good experience with Dr. Sikes. She was not a good listener and she jumped to a lot of false diagnosis. I feels as if she had taken advantage of me and my problem. False statements were given to my employer giving the image that I was not in the right state of mind to return to work. She was not upfront with her feelings and my situation constantly giving me false hopes. I've been to multiple appointments and it consisted of her asking the same questions even though she had other concerns that could of been clarified. My appointment was a waste of time. Also it was hard getting in contact with her. For a simple question appointments had to be made to get answers. I felt taken advantage of during this whole ordeal. I Would not recommend her services.
Dennis – Aug 11, 2021
Always cared for!
Austin – Apr 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kristi A Sikes, MD?
My appointment was at 1130. I called prior to arrival and stated I would be 10 minutes late. I arrived, signed in, handed over documents requested. Had a seat. We were called back to see the dr at 12:00. At 1:10ish, I went to the desk to ask what the problem was as we had not been seen. The Dr was standing there and never turned around to acknowledge me. They stated that one on the questionnaires I filled out was blank. I went back to the room where the receptionist brought me said missing document. We filled it out and took it to the desk. At 2:00 I decided to leave. I sent my son to the car and waiting as no one acknowledged me again, including a second receptionist that walked from the back and straight to her desk, never looked at me. I have called more than 20 times, they are no answering my calls. The most horrific patient treatment I have ever experienced! Read and trust the reviews. She is pathetic.
Mar 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kristi A Sikes, MD?
ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE! This review would be more accurate if a zero star selection was an option. Deplorable patient service among office staff! You'll often find contacting the staff or receiving return phone calls to be very challenging. The wait times are often 1-2 hours, a disappointing show of disrespect to patients and their families. Dr. Sikes needs to hire a top notch office manager to transform customer service processes "end-to-end." She seems to fail to recognize that her practice is a business where customer service is critically important. As if this shortcoming weren't a big enough gap, Dr. Sikes also fails to explain the purpose of various psychiatric medications and offers no suggestions or insights related to psychiatric conditions or potentially effective behavioral interventions. I highly recommend looking around for another psychiatrist, even if it means a longer commute from home.
Patient who deserves better – Dec 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kristi A Sikes, MD?
Just had the most disappointing experience. I began seeing Dr. Sikes two years ago because she was accepting new patients and I was desperate. I took the 2-5 hour wait times with an appointment because I needed to trust the process and my situation was unbearable. Fast forward now I need a refill for Lexapro which the pharmacy has called 5 times and myself 4 times. The office finally contacted me and she wants me to come in sooner for an appointment. I am a functioning adult with anxiety. I don't have time to pop in and wait hours on end. I see a therapist for " the work". I just fired her. I need to find another doctor because the Lexapro really does work for me. So unbelievably frustrating because I do need medication.
jenn b – Aug 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kristi A Sikes, MD?
If I could give zero stars, I would. She is in this business for the wrong reasons, and it's NOT to help patients coming to her for help with anxiety and PTSD like myself. From day 1, appointments are a joke. You call at your appointment time to see how far behind she is and they tell you a new time. Every. Single. Time. Recently, I was charged a no show fee. I had never missed a single appointment but this specific time, she had rescheduled my appointment 3 times. I honestly wrote the appt on the wrong Tuesday, for a week later. She used to send reminder texts prior to your "appointment " but that has stopped these past few months. When I came back for my appointment, the front desk stated that I had a no show fee of $75. I explained what happened, she advised that I speak to Dr. Sikes directly. I did, I explained everything again and mentioned that I hate to even ask if she would waive the fee but because of COVID, my pay has been cut by 50%. And again, I'd never missed an
Jul 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kristi A Sikes, MD?
Impossible to get appointment. Far too many patients
Jun 27, 2020
This is absolutely a mistake or perhaps you are...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kristi A Sikes, MD?
This doctor has no concern about patient's time. She is consistently 3 hours late to scheduled appointments, during this COVID-19 out beak (when access to medication/prescription refills are extremely important) she has disregarded phone visits for my daughter 3 days in a row. When you try to call the office, 9/10 you will get the answering machine as the front office rarely answers. When you do finally get her to sit down and talk with you, she is completely scattered, has no idea about my daughter's case (we have been going for almost a year now), and spends half the time looking at her cell phone. If she wasn't the only one that my insurance currently will cover, I would've changed doctors already. I would highly recommend you find another doctor.
May 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kristi A Sikes, MD?
If I could give zero stars I would. She dropped us (my family and I) after SEVERAL years of seeing us. We had a great relationship and she terminated it with no reason given. She refused to speak to us after she sent the termination letters. The letter was a form letter and gave no specific reason why she was dropping us. We called, emailed, and even showed up to get an explanation and she refused to see us. We had been seeing her for 3+ years and she dropped us for NO REASON. On top of that, her wait time to see her is literally hours long. You’ll make an appointment for say, 10 AM. You won’t get seen until at least 5 or 6 PM.
Elise J. – May 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kristi A Sikes, MD?
I have had my diagnosis since I was 16 years old. At now age 32 I have never found a psychiatrist I like more. Her staff was extremely helpful when I had to bring in my three kids and she knows very much what she is doing. Her wait time is a while but that is because she takes her time with her patients. They are her priority which makes you her priority as well. I highly recommend this office for anyone. If you need to see her urgently there is no trouble getting you in quickly.
Apr 12, 2020
We appreciate the opportunity to provide you with...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kristi A Sikes, MD?
For my review I'm separating out the office vs. the professional care and ability of Dr. Sikes. As a physician she has been wonderful. She has been very conservative in her approach and has helped stabilize my family member to function exceptionally normally, feel good, etc. She saw through several misdiagnoses and corrected the med regimen and when there is a true emergency she responds quickly. Because of these reasons I would not go anywhere else. We experienced some very sub-par, drug pushing and simply inept psychiatrists before we met her. The drawback is time management is a huge issue in this office. I did wait for over 4 hours one time and finally left and rescheduled the appointment. It would have been at least another hour before we could be seen and I find that completely unacceptable. That is not the norm, and even if you have the first appointment of the day,expect to wait 45 minutes. This really needs to be addressed with more accurate office hours.
Woodlands parent – Feb 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kristi A Sikes, MD?
There are so many things that I could say here, but I will refrain! YOU DO NOT WANT TO USE THIS DOCTOR. One of the worst issues is YOU WILL WAIT 2 TO 4 HOURS AFTER YOUR APPT. TIME TO SEE THIS DOCTOR!
Jan 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kristi A Sikes, MD?
ZERO STARS! I would give 0 stars if I could. This is the most unprofessional, medical "professional" I have ever come across. DO NOT waste your time going to her office. You will wait at least 1.5-2 hours EVERY time. We just left after an hour of waiting and this was our 3rd attempt at a follow up visit. I purposefully made the earliest appointment possible (8:45a) and she didn't even arrive until 9:35a! Who does that?! She has no respect for other people's time, does not keep on any type of a schedule, and seems to have boundary issues. Every time we were in that office the anger of the patients waiting in the waiting room was palpable. That place is a dangerous powder-keg. AVOID!
Jan 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kristi A Sikes, MD?
The office staff was efficient and helpful. . . . got in to see Dr. Sikes without too much of a wait. . .she was professional, attentive, answered questions and gave relevant information related to a diagnosis.
Dec 26, 2019
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kristi A Sikes, MD?
Terrible! Reception is overworked, doctor doesn’t communicate with staff and has terrible time management. The facility is dirty. Portal use is limited and times out. Use of it resulted in a request to not use it. Miscommunication and misdiagnosis and medication management are done haphazardly. Doctor thinks schedule is open but reception says it not so again miscommunication. Meds are supposedly sent but then not there...you request them sent and the doctor says it was sent. You obtain a record from pharmacy that it was not sent and she sends it but she is frustrated with you. Not professional. Not a well run business. Not compassionate. Doctor seems to run around confused and take notes but then not to refer to those notes. DO NOT GO HERE IF YOU WANT TO BE HEALTHY!
Dec 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kristi A Sikes, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Sikes?