Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Dr. Kristen Radcliff, MD
Dr. Kris Radcliff is a fellowship-trained Spinal Surgeon. Due to his unique training, Dr. Radcliff has faculty appointments in both orthopedic surgery and neurological surgery at Thomas Jefferson University. Dr. Radcliff is a senior level faculty member who has the academic title of Associate professor. Dr. Radcliff specializes in minimally invasive spinal reconstruction procedures and artificial disk replacement. Spine surgery is a complex, evolving field that employs elements of both Othopedic Surgery and Neurological Surgery. In order to stay up to date with the latest techniques, spine surgeons employ techniques founded in both orthopedic surgery and neurological surgery to achieve optimal results for patients. Although Dr. Radcliff is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon, he completed his spine training with both orthopedic surgery and neurological surgery faculty in order to have a well-rounded training. Dr. Radcliff continues to perform research, surgical education, and lecturing at orthopedic and neurosurgery meetings around the world. Dr. Radcliff specializes in the latest techniques in spinal reconstruction including minimally invasive spinal reconstruction procedures and artificial disk replacement. Dr. Radcliff is actively interested in exploring alternatives to traditional fusion surgery. Dr. Radcliff recently won the prestigious best paper award at an international meeting of cervical spine experts (Cervical Spine Research Society) for a study comparing cervical disk replacement as an alternative to fusion. Dr Radcliff completed his undergraduate education at Harvard University and medical school at Duke University School of Medicine. He completed his orthopedic surgery residency at the prestigious Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas where he was exposed to hundreds of complex trauma, pediatric, and minimally invasive reconstructive procedures. Following residency, Dr. Radcliff performed fellowship training in Spine Surgery and Spinal Cord Injury at Thomas Jefferson University, widely considered to be one of the top orthopedic and neurosurgical spine fellowships in the world. He has also visited and operated with leading spine surgeons in the nation and around the world.

2500 English Creek Ave Ste 1300

• Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
  • Keystone Health Plan East
  • Locals (any local)

Learn about Dr. Radcliff

I believe in a conservative, balanced to patient care. With individual patients' goals in mind, all avenues and alternatives to surgery are explored before surgery is considered. If surgery is necessary, I will perform spine surgery utilizing the safest, most effective, least invasive technique tailored for each individual patient. I have experience performing the most complicated spinal trauma and deformity surgeries but I also have a particular interest in less invasive types of cervical and lumbar surgery when appropriate.

Dr. Radcliff's Experience

Dr. Radcliff's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Spinal Cord Injury Medicine

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Ataxia
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Cervical Spine Surgery
  • Complex Spine Surgery
  • Disc Replacement
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
  • Spinal Discectomy
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Surgery

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Harvard Medical School
  • Baylor College of Medicine & Affiliated Hospitals
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2009
  • Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2010

Dr. Radcliff has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Radcliff does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Radcliff and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Radcliff's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Radcliff to family and friends
Dr. Radcliff Says:

I would like to thank my patients for providing feedback that will be shared with others. Your feedback is critical to enable us to continuously improve patients' experience in my practice. If there is ever a concern that you would like to discuss in more detail please reach out directly to my office at 1-800-321-9999.

Dr. Radcliff's Performance
Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Radcliff is great! And his assistant Courtney is very accommodating! Great team!
Very thorough and caring
Absecon, NJ |
Dr. Radcliff is fantastic. He spent the time to describe the surgery he was to perform, it's expected outcome, the work I needed to do both before and after surgery. He also followed up with me on all steps and responded very quickly when I had concerns. I would recommend him to anyone who has had or is having back issues.
in Toms River, NJ |
Dr. Radcliff performed a two level ACDF surgery on me one month ago. I searched for months and met with multiple surgeons before meeting Dr. Radcliff. All I can say is every positive review left for him is truth. Dr. Radcliff is knowledgeable, professional, caring and has the bedside manner second to none! If you're looking for the best Orthopedic surgeon, look no further.
Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Radcliff and his assistant Courtney were excellent to deal with during such a stressful event. They answered all my questions, and they made a major and nerve wracking surgery easier to handle. So far I have no regrets with choosing Dr. Radcliff as my surgeon and for deciding to have this surgery.
in Millville, NJ |
I have nothing but the best to say about Dr. Radcliff. Before going to Dr. Radcliff I was in horrible shape. I had previous surgeries on my back and had no luck. Dr Radcliff was able to improve my quality of life and gave me this opportunity to be the same father I was before my injury. I owe my second chance at life to Dr. Radcliff.
in Little Egg Harbor , NJ |
Dr. Radcliff is a highly skilled surgeon. He is also a compassionate person. I recommend him to anyone in need of an orthopedic doctor.
in New Jersey |
Dr. Radcliff did an emergency surgery on my lumbar spine. He saved me from paralysis. I woul dhighly recommend him to anyone.
in Egg Harbor Township, NJ |
Dr. Radcliff was an awesome doctor. He was very knowledgeable about my conditions and was forthcoming about what steps we could take to cure my problem. He had a great bedside manner while I was at the hospital for surgery. Would highly recommend him for any treatment with regards to the spine.
in Eastampton N.J. |
I think that is a great survey.
Thank you for your comment. I really appreciate the feedback. I am glad that you are happy with your result.
in Toms River |
Dr. Radcliffe offered me a simple decompression surgery. The other doctors in Toms River wanted me to get a two part fusion surgery through my side and back. I am so glad that I treated with him.
Thank you! When possible, minimally invasive approaches can help patients. I appreciate the feedback.
Margate. NJ |
Excellent surgeon; patient, thorough, truthful, caring, professional, highly knowledgeable. I highly recommend Dr Radcliff for spine surgery and care.
Thank you! I am glad that you were satisfied with your experience!
in Smyrna, DE |
Dr. Radcliff is an excellent surgeon. Not only is he very knowledgeable, he is also very personable. That is a combination that is hard to find in most surgeons. As this was my very first surgery ever, I had no idea what to do or who to turn to. I did however, know of the Rothmans Institute's reputation, so I decided to put my trust in them, and I'm glad I did.
Thank you! I really pride myself on educating my patients. I think that I have the best patients in the world!
in Tuckerton, NJ |
Dr. Radcliff was exceptional from the minute I met him. I was in severe amount of pain with a broken C-6 vertebrae in my neck.Dr. Radcliff explained I could either let it heal on its own, which it would do, or go with surgery. I opted for surgery. After a complex surgery with screws and plates, I was no longer in pain. The surgery was a success and after 12 weeks I was able to go back to normal life. Dr. Radcliff is an amazing surgeon with a great attitude.
Thank you! I am so glad that your surgery was successful!
in Cape May, NJ |
Dr. Radcliff is a wonderful, caring surgeon who allowed me to be pain free and able to walk again
Have you seen Dr. Kristen Radcliff, MD?

Visit Dr. Radcliff