Dr. Kristen E. Radcliff, MD

Dr. Kristen E. Radcliff, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 39 years old

38 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

I believe in a conservative, balanced to patient care. With individual patients' goals in mind, all avenues and alternatives to surgery are explored before surgery is considered. If surgery is necessary, I will perform spine surgery utilizing the safest, most effective, least invasive technique tailored for each individual patient. I have experience performing the most complicated spinal trauma and deformity surgeries but I also have a particular interest in less invasive types of cervical and lumbar surgery when appropriate.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Radcliff's Experience

See how Dr. Radcliff's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Radcliff

Dr. Radcliff accepts 20 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Radcliff has admitting privileges.

Dr. Radcliff's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Radcliff to family and friends
Dr. Radcliff Says:

I would like to thank my patients for providing feedback that will be shared with others. Your feedback is critical to enable us to continuously improve patients' experience in my practice. If there is ever a concern that you would like to discuss in more detail please reach out directly to my office at 1-800-321-9999.

Dr. Radcliff's Performance
in Egg Harbor Township, NJ |
Dr. Radcliff was an awesome doctor. He was very knowledgeable about my conditions and was forthcoming about what steps we could take to cure my problem. He had a great bedside manner while I was at the hospital for surgery. Would highly recommend him for any treatment with regards to the spine.
in Eastampton N.J. |
I think that is a great survey.
Thank you for your comment. I really appreciate the feedback. I am glad that you are happy with your result.
in Camp May, NJ |
I was visiting with a cousin who is also a doctor that lives in Margate City. I fell down the steps. I was in pain. My cousin who is a doctor checked me out and suggested I see Dr. Radciff. He said Dr. Radcliff is the best and smartest spine surgeon in the USA. He gave me his number I called, met with him and the outcome was a very successful surgery and recovery. Now I can verify that Dr. Radcliff is the best.
Thank you for your comment. I am humbled by your comments. I try to take care of each patient as if they are my own family.
in Toms River |
Dr. Radcliffe offered me a simple decompression surgery. The other doctors in Toms River wanted me to get a two part fusion surgery through my side and back. I am so glad that I treated with him.
Thank you! When possible, minimally invasive approaches can help patients. I appreciate the feedback.
Margate. NJ |
Excellent surgeon; patient, thorough, truthful, caring, professional, highly knowledgeable. I highly recommend Dr Radcliff for spine surgery and care.
Thank you! I am glad that you were satisfied with your experience!
in Smyrna, DE |
Dr. Radcliff is an excellent surgeon. Not only is he very knowledgeable, he is also very personable. That is a combination that is hard to find in most surgeons. As this was my very first surgery ever, I had no idea what to do or who to turn to. I did however, know of the Rothmans Institute's reputation, so I decided to put my trust in them, and I'm glad I did.
Thank you! I really pride myself on educating my patients. I think that I have the best patients in the world!
in Tuckerton, NJ |
Dr. Radcliff was exceptional from the minute I met him. I was in severe amount of pain with a broken C-6 vertebrae in my neck.Dr. Radcliff explained I could either let it heal on its own, which it would do, or go with surgery. I opted for surgery. After a complex surgery with screws and plates, I was no longer in pain. The surgery was a success and after 12 weeks I was able to go back to normal life. Dr. Radcliff is an amazing surgeon with a great attitude.
Thank you! I am so glad that your surgery was successful!
in Belle Chasse, LA |
I was having serious lower back pain. I was told that I needed surgery,. I was told by a trusted friend that if he needed back surgery he would go directly back to Dr. Radcliff. I went to see Dr. Radcliff. I was very impressed with that visit. He is very smart, he has a way of making you feel better. He explains the surgery in a way that is easy to understand. The surgery went very well and my recovery time was very short.
in Cape May, NJ |
Dr. Radcliff is a wonderful, caring surgeon who allowed me to be pain free and able to walk again
Have you seen Dr. Kristen E. Radcliff, MD?

Compare Dr. Radcliff

Dr. Radcliff says...

Dr. Kris Radcliff is a fellowship-trained Spinal Surgeon. Due to his unique training, Dr. Radcliff has faculty appointments in both orthopedic surgery and neurological surgery at Thomas Jefferson University. Dr. Radcliff is a senior level faculty member who has the academic title of Associate professor. Dr. Radcliff specializes in minimally invasive spinal reconstruction procedures and artificial disk replacement.

Spine surgery is a complex, evolving field that employs elements of both Othopedic Surgery and Neurological Surgery. In order to stay up to date with the latest techniques, spine surgeons employ techniques founded in both orthopedic surgery and neurological surgery to achieve optimal results for patients.  Although Dr. Radcliff is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon, he completed his spine training with both orthopedic surgery and neurological surgery faculty in order to have a well-rounded training. Dr. Radcliff continues to perform research, surgical education, and lecturing at orthopedic and neurosurgery meetings around the world.

Dr. Radcliff specializes in the latest techniques in spinal reconstruction including minimally invasive spinal reconstruction procedures and artificial disk replacement. Dr. Radcliff is actively interested in exploring alternatives to traditional fusion surgery. Dr. Radcliff recently won the prestigious best paper award at an international meeting of cervical spine experts (Cervical Spine Research Society) for a study comparing cervical disk replacement as an alternative to fusion.

Dr Radcliff completed his undergraduate education at Harvard University and medical school at Duke University School of Medicine. He completed his orthopedic surgery residency at the prestigious Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas where he was exposed to hundreds of complex trauma, pediatric, and minimally invasive reconstructive procedures. Following residency, Dr. Radcliff performed fellowship training in Spine Surgery and Spinal Cord Injury at Thomas Jefferson University, widely considered to be one of the top orthopedic and neurosurgical spine fellowships in the world. He has also visited and operated with leading spine surgeons in the nation and around the world.

Dr. Radcliff's Care Philosophy

Dr. Radcliff says...

Dr. Radcliff is an international expert with hundreds of peer-reviewed publications. Dr. Radcliff has edited a spinal textbook on complications of spine surgery and written dozens of chapters in other textbooks on spine surgery. Dr. Radcliff has won numerous awards for his innovative research. He is one of the few people to have authored research projects that have received best paper awards at both the North American Spine Society and the Cervical Spine Research Society. Dr. Radcliff was recently chosen as the liaison of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons to the North American Spine Society Low Back Pain Guideline Committee.

Dr. Radcliff says...

Dr. Radcliff regularly teaches other surgeons at national and international meetings about safely and efficiently performing spine surgery, techniques and complication avoidance in minimally invasive spine surgery, orthopedic basic science, and spine trauma and spinal cord injury. Dr. Radcliff is Chairman of the North American Spine Society Young Surgeons Forum and a past president of the Association for Collaborative Spinal Research. Dr. Radcliff is a regular invited faculty member at the prestigious "Contemporary Techniques in Minimally Invasive Cervical and Lumbar Spine Surgery" course in St. Louis. Dr Radcliff was chosen to be a member of the prestigious Cervical Spine Research Society and Scoliosis Research Society. Dr. Radcliff is also an active member of the Society for Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery and Lumber Spine Research Society. Dr. Radcliff is a diplomate of the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery.

Dr. Radcliff says...

Dr. Radcliff's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Radcliff has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Why It Matters: Dr. Radcliff's Board Certifications

• Ataxia
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University

Completed in 2010

Harvard Medical School

Graduated in 2000

Dr. Radcliff does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Radcliff and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Minimally Invasive Neurological Spine Surgery

• Cervical Spine Surgery
  • Complex Spine Surgery
  • Disc Replacement
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery