Dr. Kristen Carroll, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryFemaleAge 56

Dr. Carroll

Shriners Orthopaedics

1275 E Fairfax Rd Salt Lake City, UT 84103

Dr. Kristen Carroll, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Carroll to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Orthopedic Surgery Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Utah

Check Dr. Carroll's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Carroll's conditions and procedures:

• Ataxia
  • Broken Arm
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Excision of Femur or Knee
  • Excision of Tibia or Fibula
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hip Dysplasia
  • Hip Fracture
  • Knee Surgery
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Limb Deformity
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Osgood Schlatter Disease
  • Pediatric Hip Disorders
  • Pelvic Fracture
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Sever's Disease
  • Spina Bifida
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures

Dr. Carroll accepts

Dr. Carroll accepts the following insurance:

Altius Health Plans
National (BlueCard) PPO

Dr. Carroll's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Carroll

Dr. Carroll?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (41)
  • Explained conditions well (41)
  • Listened & answered questions (41)
  • Long wait times (2)
She is the most amazing doctor in the whole world. My son has gone to her since he was 4 1/5 and he is 22 years old now. 10+ surgeries later for Legg Perthes Disease. I wouldn’t trust my child with any other doctor but Dr. Carroll. She cares about your child likes it’s her own. I can’t tell you how grateful I am for what she did for my son. You need to go see her at Shriners Childrens Hospital. She is so kind and you will love her. She is accepting new patients. I wouldn’t trust anyone else. Love her??
Amy Croall – Sep 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kristen Carroll, MD?
Dr. Carroll has been caring for my son for 6 years. She has helped us sort through all the stress and unease. She has presented us with amazing options for him and always laid out the pros and cons of each choice so we could make an educated decision. She has an amazing bedside manner and has made my son feel happy and safe in her care. She is on top of the latest and greatest research and truly loves our boy. And we love her!
Katie Skillin – Mar 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kristen Carroll, MD?
My grandson has been seeing Dr. Carroll for 5 years. She treats us like family and we love her. Her treatment plan for him is excellent and is reviewed at each visit. She is thorough and precise. We couldn't ask for more than she gives us.
Sue E Mertlich – Mar 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kristen Carroll, MD?
Dr Carroll does not just have her patient in mind but she has the entire family in mind!!
Jan 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kristen Carroll, MD?
We love Dr Carroll she is the best Dr. she took care of my daughter for 20 years and rebuilt her hip. She is the best
Jan 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kristen Carroll, MD?
Dr. Carroll operated on my granddaughter today. She is an excellent doctor--diagnostically, surgically, and the skill with which she interacts with the patient and the family. I would highly recommend her.
Julie Taylor – Nov 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kristen Carroll, MD?
I could never adequately describe how Dr. Carroll has impacted my daughter's life for good. We found our way to her after some not so great surgical experiences with another doctor. My daughter was scared and lacked trust in doctors. Dr. Carroll restored that trust and has taken exceptional care of my daughter. Dr. Carroll has an innate ability to connect with her patients, she's compassionate to parents and families, and she has superb clinical and surgical capabilities. Truly, I've never met another doctor like her!
Sep 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kristen Carroll, MD?
She’s always shown concern. She’s very prompt to answer any questions we’ve had, explain what she was going to do during the operations for our granddaughter and what the outcome should be. She’s kept us very well informed. She was obviously has been as personally concerned for Celeste as we have been. She has a wonderful bedside manner is a terrific lady and we really appreciate her. We would recommend her to anyone! And we thank her from the bottom of our hearts.
Ted and Erlene Lott – Sep 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kristen Carroll, MD?
Dr. Carroll is absolutely the most genuinely kind, caring and compassionate doctor. Our son had a painful foot condition that limited his ability to do the activities he loved. She took the time to listen to our concerns and come up with a plan to get him pain free and on the rodeo trail again. All through the process, from the first visit to surgery to the follow ups she has cared about him just as if he was her own child. We can not thank Dr. Carroll and the team at Shriners enough for the car
Mar 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kristen Carroll, MD?
Dr Carroll really cares about my son and what is best for him and our family. If an emergency came up she was always there. She became like a favorite aunt.
West Valley , UT – Feb 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kristen Carroll, MD?
Dr. Carroll is an incredible person, doctor and surgeon. Right before Christmas my child needed a stump revision. My child has had this surgery several times before, so my wife and I knew the recovery could be difficult. Because Dr. Carroll cares so much about my child and my child's comfort, she worked hard and discovered a new, less invasive way to perform the stump revision. This has been my child's best and quickest surgery recovery ever, and my child was able to enjoy Christmas!
Holdaway Family – Jan 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kristen Carroll, MD?
I've know Dr Carroll for over twenty years and she is the real deal! Not only incredibly kind, compassionate, and personal in her treatment of patients and their families, but she is very sharp in her skills and knowledge. I have brought several of my children to her and she amazes me with her way of instantly relating to them and being able to communicate on their level, making all of us comfortable and at ease. I wish she was my Pediatrician and my own family doc! Love love love her!
Jodi Clark in Salt Lake City, UT – Jan 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kristen Carroll, MD?
Dr. Carroll is our older children’s ortho doctor and she is the best in the field! We have been coming to see her since 2012 and have been very pleased everytime. She is very good at understanding our kids situation and does not ever treat them like the common case. We feel like Dr Carroll is a big part of our family! Very accommodating and very patient and loving!
The Coburn’s in New Plymouth , ID – Nov 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kristen Carroll, MD?
Dr. Carroll is amazing! She is so loving and compassionate. She genuinely cares about her patients and gives them the highest level of treatment. She goes above and beyond to make sure her patients are taken care of and feel comforted. We are so blessed to have her in our lives and taking care of our daughter. We adore her!
Marnie Andrews in Salt Lake City – Oct 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kristen Carroll, MD?
Dr Carroll is phenomenal. She has done 2 surgeries on my daughter and will do the final surgery in a few months. She has given us a clear understanding every visit with the progress and status of her case. My daughter is so excited when she finds out she gets to go visit Dr Carroll. She is very approachable for little kids (which makes everything go a lot smoother for everyone). She is highly skilled and very thorough. Her staff is really great and you can tell they think highly of her as well.
Bean family in Orem, UT – Oct 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kristen Carroll, MD?
Our daughter Juliette was diagnosed with hip dysplasia a few months after she turned three. We were so scared and unsure of what would happen to her. We were referred to Dr. Carroll and it was the best thing that ever happened to us. She eased our fears, made friends with Juliette and made her feel so special, got us in soon, performed an amazing surgery, kept us informed the whole time and was just a fantastic support to us emotionally. Absolutely recommend to anyone facing a similar situation!
Jacob Amezcua in Lehi, UT – Oct 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kristen Carroll, MD?
Dr. Carroll will forever have a place in our hearts. She has helped my daughter through so many trials, and has always had so much compassion all around. It was such a relief to have a doctor so experienced, considering this condition was so unrecognized by other doctors.
Lindsay Humes in Riverton, UT – Sep 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kristen Carroll, MD?
We love seeing Dr. Carroll at Shriners Hospital for Children. Not only does she take time to answer our questions but she also takes the time to get to know us as a family. She recently did surgery on our son and was so informative through the whole process. We have been so pleased with every interaction we have had with her!
Elizabeth W. in South Ogden, UT – Jul 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kristen Carroll, MD?
Dr. Carroll is truly one of the very best doctors out there. She has treated both of my daughters and is not only very knowledgeable, but is also the most caring doctor I've ever seen. My daughter was very nervous for surgery and she did all she could to take care of her and make her feel comfortable and at ease. She cared for her like she was her very own child. My daughters both adore her. Extremely impressed with her!
  • Long wait times
Mindy in Farmington – Jun 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kristen Carroll, MD?
Dr. Carroll is an amazing doctor. She is so good at what she does, and she cares so much. My daughter is best friends with her and we both love her so much. She gives everything she has to give to her patients.
Jessica Simpson in Idaho Falls – Mar 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kristen Carroll, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Carroll?

Kristen L. Carroll, M.D., is the chief of staff of Shriners Hospitals for Children — Salt Lake City and pediatric orthopaedic surgeon. She is also...Read more

• Hip & Knee Orthopedics