Dr. Krishna Amuluru, MD

Neuroendovascular SurgeryMaleAge 40

Dr. Amuluru

ProHealth Neuroscience Care

13345 Illinois St Carmel, IN 46032

Dr. Krishna Amuluru, MD is a Neuroendovascular Surgery Specialist in Carmel, IN. He is affiliated with medical facilities Ascension St. Vincent Hospital - Indianapolis and Upmc Hamot. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Amuluru to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Neuroendovascular Surgery Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Indiana

Check if Dr. Amuluru treats your condition or procedure

• Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
  • Angiography
  • Angioplasty With Stent Placement
  • Arteriovenous Fistula
  • Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM)
  • Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Brain
  • Memory Evaluation
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Peripheral Neuropathy Testing
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Quantitative Sensory Test (QST)
  • Repair Intracranial Aneurysm
  • Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
  • Sudoscan
  • Syncope
  • TCD Bubble Test
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Vertebral Artery Occlusion
  • Vertigo
  • Visual Field Defects
  • Wada Test
  • Wingspan™ Stent System

Dr. Amuluru accepts

Dr. Amuluru accepts the following insurance:

Select
Sagamore Plus

Dr. Amuluru's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Amuluru

Dr. Amuluru

My experience with Dr. Amuluru was very similar to other reviews. He was very thorough, patient, and kind. He spent as much time as needed explaining everything to me. I have had my 2 aneurysms repaired and I got the absolute best possible care from him and his staff. They were terrific and certainly saved my life...
Denise Faudree – Nov 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishna Amuluru, MD?
My father had a cerebellar stroke and Dr. Amuluru was the physician who did his thrombectomy. Before the procedure, my dad was unable to speak and was having issues with coordination. Dr Amuluru was at the hospital in record time (my dad’s procedure started within the first 2 hours of his arrival) and was able to remove the clot safely. He was kind and patient; explaining details to my mom before I could be with them. My father has no deficits today by in large due to Dr A.’s expedient, exemplary care. He walked out of the hospital after a devastating stroke 4 DAYS after with NO DEFICITS from his stroke. I am a nurse practitioner that worked in the Neuro ICU for 5 1/2 years and I have never seen an outcome this perfect in a stroke survivor. Dr Amuluru- my family will be forever grateful for what you did for our patriarch. We are grateful that God made you the physician on call that night to care for my dad.
Ese N. – Aug 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishna Amuluru, MD?
Dr Amurulu help me from day one. I had an aneurysm back in 2020 it was a hard process but he did an awesome Job, answering all my questions and doubts . Him and his team supported me 100% . Thank to him and his staff I can gladly say … my aneurysm is GONE.
Support system – Aug 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishna Amuluru, MD?
Dr Amuluru treated my wife when she had a subarachnoid rutured anuersym. He and the othe Goodman Campbell stef did an excellent job of taking care of her. I woul recomment him without hesitation.
James T Jones – Mar 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishna Amuluru, MD?
Dr. Amuluru is very competent . He is very professional, yet he took the time to explain my up-coming surgery in a way that I fully understood. I was completely at ease as I went into surgery. I definitely knew that he would do his best for me.
Marilyn Kay Young – Feb 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishna Amuluru, MD?
Dr Amuluru was very professional. I didn't know anything about aneurysms . Dr was very able and willing to explain not just what an aneurysm is but the different procedures for the different types and locations. I was very comfortable with his plan and we proceeded. I'm thankful all went well. Thank you Dr Amuluru and staff.
Aug 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishna Amuluru, MD?
Dr. Amuluru and his entire team were absolutely fantastic. I suffered a ruptured aneurysm in late March of 2020 (a very challenging time for the healthcare profession, with the COVID 19 pandemic in full swing). In addition to saving my life with a couple of emergency medical procedures, Dr. Amuluru was extremely patient in explaining my injury, the treatment process, possible side effects, and the chances of future complications. Moreover, at a time when my family was not allowed to visit the hospital, Dr. Amuluru went out of his way to call my wife and keep her updated about my health status.
Nick Mulvey – Apr 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishna Amuluru, MD?
From less than 1 hour from 911 to Surgery. Saved me weeks or months of recovery time. Your team rocked it!
Doug – Mar 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishna Amuluru, MD?
I had Open Heart surgery and 5 days later had a major stroke. Within 3.5 hours l had a thrombectomy by Dr. Amuluru. He was excellent in his care. He explained everything thouroughly to my family and was extremly kind. His followup was beneficial. I was very fortunate for an excellent outcome but it would not have been possible without his skill and our Savior.
Mary Harrington – Mar 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishna Amuluru, MD?
Dr. Amuluru is an amazing doctor. I had a Carotid-Cavernous Fistula caused by an aneurysm. He saved my life with emergency surgery. He inserted coils and stents behind my left eye. I’m so glade he was the doctor on call. He is very detail in explaining your condition and shows concern and is very personable. Thank you for the great care. An amazing Doctor is hard to find and impossible to forget!!!!
Jill – Jan 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishna Amuluru, MD?
I was seen by Dr. Amuluru for Cerebral Venous Sinus Thrombosis (blood clots in the veins in my brain) 2 years ago when I was admitted to the hospital for stroke like symptoms at the age of 40. He was meticulous in how he cared for both me and my wife. He worked with us to make sure we understood all of the aspects of the issues I was dealing with. Dr. Amuluru was thorough, thoughtful and experienced in this rare condition. We felt extremely comfortable with his expertise throughout the hospitalization and the follow up care he provided until the clots were dissolved. I hope I never need to see Dr. Amuluru again simply because the medical issues were so stressful and difficult, but I know I received the absolute best care possible from him for my condition and would never hesitate to recommend him and his staff to anyone with CVST.
Kyle Hinsdale – Dec 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishna Amuluru, MD?
Dr. Amuluru save my friend's life recently with a clot removal procedure that I wish would be more widely used in Indiana. So fortunate he was the Dr. on duty that weekend morning. Thank you!
Dec 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishna Amuluru, MD?
Dr. Amuluru explained everything clearly before the procedure, then reviewed the results afterwards. He made a special effort to return to my hospital room when my wife was there to ensure she had the complete report accurately.
Russel Duvall – Nov 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishna Amuluru, MD?
Excellent , Great respect for his skills and those of his team and practice. More than likely he saved my wife s life. Unfortunately he is leaving the region. I hope he is replaced by a Doctor with equal skills and manner
Andrew Goldner – Aug 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishna Amuluru, MD?
My mother in law suffered a stroke and he was very compassionate and kind to us. He explained every step taken very clearly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishna Amuluru, MD?
Dr. Amuluru saved my mother's life by removing a blockage in her brain after she had suffered a stroke. If it wasn't for him and his staff, and technology at Hamot hospital. My mother would have been paralyzed in her left side. Thank God for the UPMC stroke institute and its team of Doctor's and Nurse's. God Bless them all !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishna Amuluru, MD?
He saved my life. Had it not been for him I may have been paralyzed. I will forever be grateful for my second chance.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishna Amuluru, MD?
My initial hemorrhage occurred in October 2014 and a coil was used by the neurosurgeon on call. Subsequent tests were reviewed by Dr. Amuluru and, when he saw the aneurysm was recurring, his recommendation was to go back in and use the Pipeline. Though I was reluctant to have a second surgery, I trusted his advice and ability. Fast forward to April 2019 and I'm happy to report that there is no evidence that the aneurysm ever occurred. Throughout the years Dr. Amuluru always made sure I had all the background necessary to make informed decisions. I never felt rushed or ignored. I am confident that I am alive today because of the Pipeline and Dr. Amuluru and I would wholeheartedly recommend him. Elisabeth Schruers, Erie, PA
Apr 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishna Amuluru, MD?
I am a 53 yr old women and I was having double vision and dizziness. After my pcp ordered an mri, they found a very very large anuryism in the back of my brain. It truly was a tricky one and the largest one ever treated at Hamot. Dr Amuluru and Dr Charles Romero worked together to treat my difficult anuryism. They were both wonderful, honest and caring. I would recommend them both!Dr Amuluru always kept me very informed of every step. FANTASTIC DOCTORS!!!!
Apr 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishna Amuluru, MD?
Having a rare bisected aneurysm and major brain bleed, complicated by a rare blood disorder in November, 2017, Dr. Amuluru diagnosed the problem quickly and through 22 days of ICU care and a major, never been done surgery, I survived with little adverse side effects. By putting our trust in Dr. Amuluru, I am able to enjoy the rest of my life. George (Bernie) McGallis
Mar 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishna Amuluru, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Amuluru?
Provider explaining information to patient