Dr. Krishna Amuluru, MD

Diagnostic RadiologyMaleAge 41

Diagnostic Radiology

Dr. Krishna Amuluru, MD is a Diagnostic Radiology Specialist in Carmel, IN and has over 15 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Northwestern University Feinberg School Of Medicine in 2008. He is affiliated with Ascension St. Vincent Hospital - Indianapolis. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Krishna Amuluru, MD

13345 Illinois St Carmel, IN 46032

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Indiana

Check if Dr. Amuluru treats your condition or procedure

• Aneurysm
  • Aneurysm Stenting
  • Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
  • Arteriovenous Fistula
  • Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM)
  • Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Brain
  • Stroke
  • Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
  • Sudoscan
  • Syncope
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Vertebral Artery Dissection
  • Vertebral Artery Occlusion
  • Vertigo
  • Visual Field Defects

Dr. Amuluru accepts

Dr. Amuluru accepts the following insurance:

Amerihealth
Sagamore Health Network
Sagamore Plus

Dr. Amuluru's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Amuluru

This doctor saved my life.
This truly amazing doctor saved my life following a hemorrhagic stroke two years ago today. He is a fantastic doctor and one of the kindest, most compassionate people I have ever met.
Teresa – Feb 01, 2023
Amazing neurosurgeon
I was diagnosed with a brain aneurysm and was referred to Dr. Amuluru. He does a wonderful job of letting you know what is going on and explaining all the details that will happen during surgery and after surgery.
Meghan Cavett – Oct 04, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishna Amuluru, MD?
Great neurosurgeon on a complex, rare case
I had a fairly complex and rare case of an aneurysm causing a stroke. We got three very different opinions/options - one from a respected research university, one from the world's foremost neurology center out of state, and one from Dr. Amuluru and his colleagues at Goodman Campbell who presented a very well thought out and novel solution. After much research, we went with Dr. Amuluru's option. After the procedure and almost an entire year after the aneurysm/stroke, the aneurysm has been remediated and I can get on with life. Dr. Amuluru and Goodman Campbell are world class and take into account the patient's health and life as a whole rather than just the neurological issue itself.
Aug 04, 2022
Such a great guy!
Dr. Amuluru has been treating me for two aneurysms for a year now and I have totally recovered, thanks to him. I could not be happier with the care I received from him and his team, they are very caring and compassionate. My fears were calmed and he is competent and professional. I truly feel like he saved my life and I will be forever grateful.
Denise F. – May 06, 2022
Amazing experience
I was diagnosed with two aneurysms in 2021. Dr. Amuluru was both professional and kind throughout the process. Very patient, knowledgeable and caring. I highly recommend him if you are ever in need of his special skills. His whole staff was extremely knowledgeable and friendly. As of 4/4/2022 I am now aneurysm free! Nothing short of a miracle ( or two!!). Again, if needed, I can’t recommend him and his team enough.
Brenda McPherson – Apr 06, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishna Amuluru, MD?
I had a subarachnoid ruptured aneurysm in January 2021. After several procedures I am now a year out with no deficits. Dr. Amuluru and staff were great they explained everything, answered all my questions and were patient and kind. If you want the best and have choices to make I highly recommend Dr Amuluru.
Karen Crane – Mar 25, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishna Amuluru, MD?
My father had a cerebellar stroke and Dr. Amuluru was the physician who did his thrombectomy. Before the procedure, my dad was unable to speak and was having issues with coordination. Dr Amuluru was at the hospital in record time (my dad’s procedure started within the first 2 hours of his arrival) and was able to remove the clot safely. He was kind and patient; explaining details to my mom before I could be with them. My father has no deficits today by in large due to Dr A.’s expedient, exemplary care. He walked out of the hospital after a devastating stroke 4 DAYS after with NO DEFICITS from his stroke. I am a nurse practitioner that worked in the Neuro ICU for 5 1/2 years and I have never seen an outcome this perfect in a stroke survivor. Dr Amuluru- my family will be forever grateful for what you did for our patriarch. We are grateful that God made you the physician on call that night to care for my dad.
Ese N. – Aug 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishna Amuluru, MD?
Dr Amurulu help me from day one. I had an aneurysm back in 2020 it was a hard process but he did an awesome Job, answering all my questions and doubts . Him and his team supported me 100% . Thank to him and his staff I can gladly say … my aneurysm is GONE.
Support system – Aug 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishna Amuluru, MD?
Dr Amuluru treated my wife when she had a subarachnoid rutured anuersym. He and the othe Goodman Campbell stef did an excellent job of taking care of her. I woul recomment him without hesitation.
James T Jones – Mar 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishna Amuluru, MD?
Dr. Amuluru is very competent . He is very professional, yet he took the time to explain my up-coming surgery in a way that I fully understood. I was completely at ease as I went into surgery. I definitely knew that he would do his best for me.
Marilyn Kay Young – Feb 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishna Amuluru, MD?
Dr. was very easy to talk to, answered all questions-didn't feel rushed. very friendly but still professional. would highly recommend him.
Sep 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishna Amuluru, MD?
Dr Amuluru was very professional. I didn't know anything about aneurysms . Dr was very able and willing to explain not just what an aneurysm is but the different procedures for the different types and locations. I was very comfortable with his plan and we proceeded. I'm thankful all went well. Thank you Dr Amuluru and staff.
Aug 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishna Amuluru, MD?
Dr. Amuluru and his entire team were absolutely fantastic. I suffered a ruptured aneurysm in late March of 2020 (a very challenging time for the healthcare profession, with the COVID 19 pandemic in full swing). In addition to saving my life with a couple of emergency medical procedures, Dr. Amuluru was extremely patient in explaining my injury, the treatment process, possible side effects, and the chances of future complications. Moreover, at a time when my family was not allowed to visit the hospital, Dr. Amuluru went out of his way to call my wife and keep her updated about my health status.
Nick Mulvey – Apr 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishna Amuluru, MD?
From less than 1 hour from 911 to Surgery. Saved me weeks or months of recovery time. Your team rocked it!
Doug – Mar 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishna Amuluru, MD?
I had Open Heart surgery and 5 days later had a major stroke. Within 3.5 hours l had a thrombectomy by Dr. Amuluru. He was excellent in his care. He explained everything thouroughly to my family and was extremly kind. His followup was beneficial. I was very fortunate for an excellent outcome but it would not have been possible without his skill and our Savior.
Mary Harrington – Mar 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishna Amuluru, MD?
Dr. Amuluru is an amazing doctor. I had a Carotid-Cavernous Fistula caused by an aneurysm. He saved my life with emergency surgery. He inserted coils and stents behind my left eye. I’m so glade he was the doctor on call. He is very detail in explaining your condition and shows concern and is very personable. Thank you for the great care. An amazing Doctor is hard to find and impossible to forget!!!!
Jill – Jan 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishna Amuluru, MD?
I was seen by Dr. Amuluru for Cerebral Venous Sinus Thrombosis (blood clots in the veins in my brain) 2 years ago when I was admitted to the hospital for stroke like symptoms at the age of 40. He was meticulous in how he cared for both me and my wife. He worked with us to make sure we understood all of the aspects of the issues I was dealing with. Dr. Amuluru was thorough, thoughtful and experienced in this rare condition. We felt extremely comfortable with his expertise throughout the hospitalization and the follow up care he provided until the clots were dissolved. I hope I never need to see Dr. Amuluru again simply because the medical issues were so stressful and difficult, but I know I received the absolute best care possible from him for my condition and would never hesitate to recommend him and his staff to anyone with CVST.
Kyle Hinsdale – Dec 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishna Amuluru, MD?
Dr. Amuluru save my friend's life recently with a clot removal procedure that I wish would be more widely used in Indiana. So fortunate he was the Dr. on duty that weekend morning. Thank you!
Dec 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishna Amuluru, MD?
Dr. Amuluru explained everything clearly before the procedure, then reviewed the results afterwards. He made a special effort to return to my hospital room when my wife was there to ensure she had the complete report accurately.
Russel Duvall – Nov 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishna Amuluru, MD?
Excellent , Great respect for his skills and those of his team and practice. More than likely he saved my wife s life. Unfortunately he is leaving the region. I hope he is replaced by a Doctor with equal skills and manner
Andrew Goldner – Aug 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishna Amuluru, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Amuluru?