Dr. Krishan Gupta, MD

Addiction Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 63

Dr. Gupta

Ridgewood Clinic

1059 Ridgewood Pl Ste 4 Jackson, MS 39211

Dr. Krishan Gupta, MD is an addiction psychiatry specialist in Jackson, MS and has been practicing for 42 years. He graduated from University College Of Medical Sciences, Delhi University in 1977 and specializes in addiction psychiatry, child & adolescent psychiatry, and more.

Dr. Gupta accepts

Dr. Gupta accepts the following insurance:

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Mississippi

Check if Dr. Gupta treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Gupta's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Paranoid Personality Disorder
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Schizoaffective Disorder

2.3

Dr. Gupta?
Dr. Gupta's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Krishan Gupta, MD
A nightmare!! Horrible horrible doctor. He doesn’t even deserve a star. And all those “good” reviews he has are written by him or his wife. I wrote another review, but it’s not showing up, but this clown screwed me so bad! We had just moved here Bc my husband is stationed in the army, so i had to get a pcp to refer me to a psych He would not write my meds that I have been taken for 5 years for PTSD, severe anxiety and depression, and major trauma. In fact he made it worse. He tried to send me to an inpatient psych hospital to get off meds that specialists had finally found the exact cocktail for me. I had medical records, letters from actual competent doctorsI had to find another psych and go without my meds for 2 weeks. He automatically assumed I was some sort of pill popper, even though I had talked to him for 2 min. Told me if I didn’t go to the psych ward ASAP, he could not and would not help me. I have nightmares about the whole thing to this day. This was about a year ago.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishan Gupta, MD?
From start to finish, I had a bad experience at this clinic and i would not recommend it to anyone. The doctor had very poor bedside manner. He spent maybe 5 minutes total in the room and seemed rushed like he was just trying to see a patient to gain the profit. They tried to get me to pay for the visit in whole when they had my insurances already on file. The counselor was so unprofessional. Snickering at sensitive details during our session, speaking over me after asking me questions, and googling statistics that did not help with our session. Overall, I was very disappointed in the clinic. I left feeling more distressed than I initially came there with. I would rather pay out of pocket for someone I thought had my best interest and actually wanted to help me then go back to this clinic.
Very professional and knowledgeable. I recommend Dr Gupta to anyone
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishan Gupta, MD?
I understand there are bad reviews but I would like to explain how psychiatric care works so patients may have a better understanding of the process. Treatment consists of a combination of medication & therapy. The psychiatrist is for medication management only & you will also see the therapist where you’ll receive additional care such as coping skills & a better understanding of why you feel the way you do. The treatment requires compliance. I hope this clears any misunderstanding.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishan Gupta, MD?
This is the most unorganized, unprofessional, uneducated group of people I have ever dealt with. He did not spend time with me as his patient. He put me on medication and made me fill out test and then sent me home. I came back the next week for f/u. I told him meds were not working, so he said he wanted to put me in North Campus St. D to play with my medication and see how it affected me. I told him no, and he refused to see me again or prescribe me any other meds. He is terrible.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishan Gupta, MD?
Excellent work and friendly staffs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishan Gupta, MD?
He's so rude...told me I had to see a therapist or he wasn't seeing me anymore. Completely rude in everything he says not to mention the ladies at the front desk are horribly rude
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishan Gupta, MD?
He is a very good doctor and he make sure everything is going alright he always asks how is the medicine working for you. During my visit at Ridgewood Clinic, I am always treated right. You and your staffs are doing an excellent job.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishan Gupta, MD?
On first visit,e didn't spend 5 minutes with me. When I was unable to make an appointment, the office (Nikki) also denied my request for medication to get me to the next week. This is a gross injustice to a psychiatry patient. I will never be back, and will inform anyone who asks to never go to him. Also, when they did a blood draw for medication levels, the 'nurse' didn't even know how to draw mine. I almost fainted, was sweating and had to rest for a few minutes after she was through with me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishan Gupta, MD?
The single worst psychiatrist's office I've ever dealt with. The doctor was two hours late for my first appointment and spent under 5 mins with me on my second appointment. I was overbilled for my appointment and later when my work required me to come up with an itemized list of services rendered the numbers they provided still didn't match what I've been charged. Find another provider.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Krishan Gupta, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Gupta?

• Addiction Psychiatry