Dr. Kris Smith, MD

Dr. Kris Smith, MD

Neurosurgery  ·

Dr. Kris Smith, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Phoenix, AZ and has been practicing for 29 years. He specializes in neurosurgery, epilepsy, and more.

Barrow Brain and Spine

2910 N 3rd Ave

Phoenix, AZ 85013

• Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS)
  • Arizona Medical Network
  • Arizona PHCS
  • AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC)
  • Compassionate Care Network (CCN)
  • Golden Rule
  • Indian Health Service
  • Maricopa Foundation For Medical Care
  • Mercy Care

Learn about Dr. Smith

See how frequently Dr. Smith performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hydrocephalus
Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
Brain Disorders

Dr. Smith's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Smith "At BNA, we put our patients first.  We are committed to treating our patients with compassion and to providing innovative and sound medical options for the treatment of our patient's neurological conditions.  As a patient of BNA, your health and well-being are important to us.  The neurosurgeons, physiatrists, hospital staff, neurological institute, and other members of our multidisciplinary team work together with one goal in mind - helping you get well. "

• Neurosurgery
  • Epilepsy
  • Radiation Oncology

• Neurosurgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• University Of Nevada School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1989
  • Phoenix Integrated Surgical Residency Program
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • BARROW NEUROLOGICAL INSTITUTE

Dr. Smith has no media or publications listed.

• German

Dr. Smith does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Smith and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Smith's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Smith

4.0

Dr. Smith?
Dr. Smith's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Kris Smith, MD
I called to the office of Dr. Kris Smith to schedule appointment. They told me that I should fax them referral, insurance and MRI. I did it. Nobody called me after that. When I called back week later, they said "you need to provide the films". Which been surprise for me, because receptionist didn’t...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kris Smith, MD?
I trust Dr. Smith implicitly. He allowed me to be able to smile again on both sides of my face. I am not in excruciating pain from that. I will forever be indebted to him and his talent, skill and wisdom, but mostly his humble manor. Impressive man who will some day be a legend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kris Smith, MD?
I am a 12 year brain tumor survivor because of Kris Smith. He is brilliant, experienced, and the kindest and most gentle human being I have ever met. I am not only his patient, but I am an RN with 16 years of ICU experience, living and working in Phoenix, Arizona. It is valuable to find out what...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kris Smith, MD?
Friendly and caring. Explained the surgery risks and went over all of my tests with me. Attentive and always professional. Post surgery met with my family and explained everything from the surgery. Highly Recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kris Smith, MD?
Caring, kind, compassionate and meticulous. We had an excellent outcome with Dr. Smith. His staff was also incredibly helpful. We also had a rare situation: my mom was admitted into the hospital with a rare spinal infection at the exact same time that my husband was recovering from surgery....Read More
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Smith?

Compare Neurosurgeons