Dr. Kris Gillian, MD

Dr. Kris Gillian, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

Georgia Eye Associates 3120 Maple Dr NE, Atlanta, GA 30305 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Once I saw what ophthalmology was all about, I was intrigued. It was exciting to know I could change people's vision. When I meet a new patient, my primary goal is to understand why it is they're here to see me. I can only do that by learning a little bit about who they are. I try to be very approachable and listen to them so I can ensure that all of their questions are answered and they'll get the treatment they came for.Read more

Dr. Gillian's Experience

99Experience
Match

See how Dr. Gillian's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Gillian

Dr. Gillian accepts 29 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Gillian has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Gillian's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gillian to family and friends
3.2
Experience with Dr. Gillian
Dr. Gillian's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (10)
Dr. Kris Gillian, MD says

The physicians and staff at Georgia Eye Associates take great care to gather and evaluate patient feedback. We value our patients' opinions and use the survey as a tool to constantly improve the care we provide. We make every effort to ensure that each and every patient walks out of our office seeing and feeling their very best.

Lawrenceville, GA |
WARNING! I had blepharoplasty surgery with Dr. Gillian less than 1 yr ago. I have excessive scare tissue on the outer corners of my eyes. The inside corners of my lids have excessive sagging skin. Eyes are not symmetric (they were prior to the surgery). Scars on my lids are very lumpy and the sagging skin on my lids cover my eyeliner. He offered to correct some of the issues, but considering the terrible mess he left me with I declined. Insurance will not cover procedure again, I have to pay.
in Atlanta, GA |
My recent cataract surgery exceeded my expectations! Dr. Gillian advised me that Torik lenses may not be the best choice for me due to irregularity in my eye. I took his recommendation to use standard lenses and the results are fantastic and I saved $2400 in extra charges for the Torik lens. Dr. Gillian explained everything in detail and answered all of my questions. I definitely would recommend Dr. Gillian to anyone in need of eye surgery.
Have you seen Dr. Kris Gillian, MD?

Compare Dr. Gillian

• Orbital Disorders

Why It Matters: Dr. Gillian's Board Certifications

• Ophthalmology

Dr. Gillian says..

I have been treating patients with a wide variety of conditions for many years . I stay up to date on the latest technology so I can provide the best care possible. I make every effort to truly listen to my patients to understand their symptoms and concerns, then together we decide on a treatment plan.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Anterior Ischemic Optic Neuropathy
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Erosion
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen
  • Pterygium
  • Retina Diseases
  • Retinal Detachment and Retinal Tear
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
  • Sarcoidosis
  • Senile Cataracts
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Tear Duct Disorders
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Uveitis and Iridocyclitis

Dr. Gillian says..

Personally I have done thousands of surgeries in my career, and I have seen every spectrum of healing and outcome results. I let my surgery patients know that anxiety is completely normal. I also let them know I have the best staff available and that we use the most innovative technology out there today. Now with premium lens implants, patients can see up close, mid-range and long distance with clarity after cataract surgery without the need for glasses.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Blepharoplasty
  • Paracentesis of Anterior Eye
  • Pterygium Surgery
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Repair of Eye Laceration

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

University of Arkansas For Medical Sciences

Graduated in 1997

Baroness Erlanger Med Ctr-U Tenn
    St Francis Med Ctr

Completed in 2001

Emory Univ/Hosp

Graduated in 1991

Dr. Gillian has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gillian does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gillian and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Gillian's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Ophthalmology
  • Board certified in Ophthalmology
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Gillian

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Gillian's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Gillian

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Gillian's Care Philosophy