Dr. Kris Ferguson, MD

Dr. Kris Ferguson, MD

Pain Medicine | Male

Dr. Kris Ferguson, MD is a pain medicine doctor who practices in Wausau, WI. He is 38 years old and has been practicing for 12 years. Dr. Ferguson is affiliated with Aspirus Wausau Hospital.

Dr. Ferguson's Experience

See how Dr. Ferguson's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Ferguson

Dr. Ferguson accepts 10 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Ferguson has admitting privileges.

Dr. Ferguson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ferguson to family and friends
    4.5
    Dr. Ferguson's Performance
    in Weston, WI |
    My experience with Dr. Ferguson has been nothing but positive. I have a hard-to-treat nerve condition and Dr. Ferguson's expertice is unmatched in the area. He is a good listener and evaluate the whole patient, not just the condition.
    in Owen WiI |
    Dr Ferguson, and his staff are excellent. They are very kind and understanding as well as empathetic. I was hesitant to make an appointment with him because of his age. I find out that he is knowledgeable and his knowledge of the different procedures are at the cutting edge of technology. He has given me a new lease on life and i feel like a human being again. I'd highly recommend him if you are looking for a Pain Management Specialist.
    Wisconsin |
    All he pushed on me was numerous injections week after week, 8 in 60 days, and when the injections were not working, I needed to see a phycoligist / counselor to help me deal with my pain. I received a brochure from a counseling center that has " TEAMED with apm"...
    in White Pine, MI |
    He did excellent job for me. He pinpointed the nerve issue right away. The injections took the pain away that I've had in my neck for over 2 years. He has a good personality, was easy to talk with, and listened to me when he asked me questions. He took his time explaining so I could understand what he was going to do in the procedures. His staff was exceptional! I love this doctor and recommend him highly to everyone who has pain! I'm 82yo and the 3 hr drive to see him was definitely worth it!
    in Conover, Wi |
    Suffering from chronic pain as I do, meeting new doctor's isn't always on the top of my "love to do" list! I wasn't too happy at the thought of traveling 2 hours to see someone new much less a Doctor whom I knew nothing about. Well, now that I've been seeing Dr. Ferguson for months now and have gone through procedures and new medications with him, I have to say everything he's done and everything he's said to me regarding my case has been terrific! I would recommend him to everyone!
    Highly recommend Dr. Ferguson. The care I received from him and his staff was excellent . They were all very professional and informative .
    in Wausau, WI |
    Dr. Ferguson is a great Doctor. He is caring, understanding and very funny. I highly recommend him.
    in Wi |
    Excellent! Very personable and compassionate. Took care of my pain. Presented me with options and was very knowledgeable. I felt he had a genuine interest in seeing me get better and we went through a few treatments options and plans.
    Merrill, WI |
    If your DR refers you to Advanced Pain Management in Wausau, immediately ask to be referred to a different place. Rude, incompetent, Dr and staff. Dr Ferguson should be back in medical school. Avoid him, and APM like the plague.
    It is really scary the level of incompetence and the complete lack of care I experienced. He didn't view any of my previous records or films, diagnosed me with PTSD from my last back surgery (I just don't even know what to say about that ...), then sent me off with scripts. He didn't spend more than 5 minutes on his plan of care and, I say again because it's concerning, didn't look at ANY of my records before or after my appointment. I would stay as far away from this entire clinic as possible!
    in Harshaw, WI |
    Greatly helped me with my lymes disease and improving function in my daily life. He kept me working and doing recreational activities that I couldn't do before.
    in tomahawk,wi |
    Dr Ferguson is a down to earth good doctor no beating around the bush Pryor to seeing him I had a Medtronic stimulator in for about 6 year's it worked very good but at the end was not helping were I needed it so he suggested going to try a nevo stimulator and I did it works really good were I need it can't be happier
    schofield, wi |
    He is wonderful I can finally walk without pain again.
    Rothschild, WI |
    He gave me back quality of life! He is a man of few words but really knows what he is doing. I trust him completely. His staff is wonderful.
    Wausau, Wi |
    Although I have been a patient of the clinic for perhaps a decade or more, I am a new patient of Dr Ferguson, and find him to be very approachable, yet thorough in his client intake and assessment process. I also found Dr Ferguson to be highly competent in terms of his technical proficiency, and ability to supervise a professional staff, while maintaining a courteous, light-hearted, and confident approach to his surgical procedures. I am completely comfortable in recommending Dr Ferguson!
    in Wausau, WI |
    A decade. That's how long I suffered from chronic pain. Dozens of docs telling me it's in my head, wrong diagnosis, more meds, etc. Then found APM! Dr. Ferguson ran a few MRIs and bam, we know the cause! Unfortunately it's been so long that I will probably never be completely pain free, but he has given me my life back! Pain, headaches, muscle spams that kept me from functioning are now at a record low! I can walk more than a block, do everyday things, enjoy life again thanks to Dr. Ferguson! 5*
    in Merrill, WI |
    I've had low back pain since 2001 and have tried medications, injections, nerves burned, but my pain always comes back. I've recently gotten a St. Jude stimulator placed with great relief!!! Now I am off pain meds and no more procedures! Would highly recommend!
    in Wausau, Wi |
    The Wausau pain managment is a joke. They saw me for four months, Than discontinued my pain medication after I came up short on a pill count. I believe they set you up for failure. Sure a lot of the responsibility falls on the patient. But not once did they share my MR I results with me. All they did is try injection that don't work. DR. FERGUSON AND NURSE PRACTIONER JENNY LEE...DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME
    Minocqua, WI |
    Dr Ferguson was a very friendly Dr. The procedures he did on me (2 medial branch blocks, and a radiofrequency neuroablation) turned out very well and I got great pain relief from the final procedure. I would recommend him and the staff at APM in Wausau.
    in Marshfield, Wisconsin |
    I starting seeing Dr. Ferguson 6 months ago. He is treating me for Fibromialga. First thing when I met him he said you need to be off the opioids. They are making your pain worse! I have been on them for over 20 years. After going 7 days cold turkey he started me on Naltrexone 1.5 mg. It took about 2 weeks before I started to see a difference. It's crazy after many years of not being able to do anything. I feel alive again. Like the old me, and now I have started to get more active. Amazing
    in Wausau wi |
    One of the best doc ive ever had helped me to keep me working to be active with my 9 yr old daughter fixed my pain n helped me even with otjer medical questions the staff truely amazing i would recommend him to anyone i know thanks doc for bettering my life
    in Wausau wi |
    Dr ferguson has been one of the best doctors ive ever had he helped to keep me working to be ative with my daughter to be more social he fixed my back when before i could barley move around work my jobs do things with my 9yr old daughter i would highly recommend him for pain anywhere in ur body he will explain everything down to where u understamd it n with what he will do any questions i had he answered them with out hesitation even helped with some of my other medical questions thanks doc.
    in Amherst, WI |
    After 26 years of agonizing pain I was at a place in my life where I was going to have to hang it up. I never quit working except for time off because things gotten really bad . I could hardly walk , sleep,work or just live life. I was referred to Dr.Ferguson at APM. I was treated with the most caring professional care I have ever experienced! Ater a Nevro spinal cord stimulator implant I've gotten the gift of having a life again.Dr.Ferguson and his staff are a dream come true.Thank you.
    in Wausau, WI |
    Dr. Ferguson and his staff were attentive and caring. Everyone provided exceptional care and Dr Ferguson was very friendly and spent quite a while explaining everything to me and I didn't feel like just a number. He spent a lot of time listening and answering questions.
    in Weston , WI |
    Dr. Leek, his predecessor, never let me down. Dr Ferguson hasn't let me down either, now he and his staff at APM know that I can't live at this level of pain forever, nor could anyone else, I have trust them and they keep me SAFE, but, my future is uncertain so a new Nurse Practioner offered the opportunity to try another facility. I trusted Dr. F. with my trigeminal neuralgia, I trust him still. He won't pass me around because my case isn't easy. He's a team player, surrounded by great staff.
    in Marathon wi |
    After going to several other pain management Drs I will never go any where else ! Dr Ferguson is genuinely concerned about his patients.He takes his time to talk to you and make sure you're comfortable with what his plan is . He's the first sr that knows you as you and doesn't treat you like another number. I WILL NECER go to any othe pain dr except Dr Ferguson , in my eyes he's the best around ! Wausau is lucky to have him and I hope he stays for a long time !
    Have you seen Dr. Kris Ferguson, MD?
    Are you Dr. Ferguson?

Dr. Ferguson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pain Medicine
    •  Board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine
    •  Malpractice claims in Wisconsin not available

Dr. Ferguson has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Wisconsin.

Why It Matters: Dr. Ferguson's Board Certifications

• Upper Back Pain

Wayne State Univ Som

Graduated in 2005

Wayne State University School of Medicine

Dr. Ferguson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ferguson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pain Medicine