Dr. Kris Alden, MD

• Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • CoreSource
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • HealthLink
  • HealthPartners

Learn about Dr. Alden

Dr. Alden strives to significantly improve the quality of life for his patients, focusing on enhanced activity levels and mobility. He dedicates much time during appointments to answering questions and explaining reasoning for recommended care. Dr. Alden and his team do the utmost to provide patients with the highest level of care.

Dr. Alden's Experience

Dr. Alden's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University of Chicago
  • Mayo Medical School
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2008
  • Southern Illinois University-Carbondale
    Other Education | Completed 1993

Dr. Alden has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Alden does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Alden and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Elmhurst Memorial Hospital

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Patient Safety Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Alden is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Alden's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Alden to family and friends
Dr. Alden's Performance
Barrington, IL |
Dr. Alden performed a total knee replacement on my dirty, damaged, bone spur growth knee on March 6, 2017. Three weeks later I walked into Dr. Alden's office with no cane & no limp. At my 7 week check up, Dr Alden was impressed with my progress and told me to keep working and see him again in 6 months.by that time I should be totally healed. I'm so impressed with Dr. Alden's surgical work, I feel he worked a miracle on my terribly damaged knee. Thank you Dr. Alden.
San Jose, CA |
I would highly recommend Dr. Alden. He is very knowledgeable and showed concern for health. He seemed interested and caring, and he listened intently to what I was saying. I highly recommend Dr. Kris to family and friends.
in Plainfield, IL |
Saw Dr. Alden for quadricep tendon repair and patella tendon repair. Very kind, attentive and thorough. The surgery was a success and I am extremely satisfied - I would highly recommend him to anyone!
in Naperville, IL |
Dr. Alden is a knowledgeable & compassionate doctor. He's an outstanding surgeon & has the most amazing way of making patients feel at ease. He replaced my knee after 2 arthroscopic surgeries, 2 rounds of gel & cortisone injections all failed. I was hesitant doing the replacement as out-patient - I walked out of the surgical center and into my home with minimal assistance within hours! His entire staff is exceptional! Visit his website to view his impressive credentials and patient reviews!
Shorewood, IL |
I went to Dr. Alden after 2 years of pain in my left hip. He explained the procedure to me and what to expect. Its been 3 weeks and I am walking . Many thanks to Dr. Alden for improving my life.
in Alsip, IL |
Dr. Alden is a compassionate and thorough surgeon. He repaired my wife's L. knee after another "well know" surgeon screwed it up TWICE! He "did" the job that was necessary to achieve the results he promised. Kris is an personable guy and an INCREDIBLE surgeon. The day after Kris did her surgery, my wife was getting almost full knee extension she hadn't been able to do for a year and a half from the "botched" previous surgeries. Thanks Dr. Alden, you've given me and my wife our lives back.
in Lombard, IL |
I saw several other doctors about my hip who told me it was too young for a replacement and their solution was for me to walk with a cane or do water aerobics. I felt defeated because no one was willing to help me and the pain was horrible. I read Dr Alden's reviews and thought I would see what he could do. He was very understanding and willing to help and his staff was just as helpful. I had my hip replaced in August and my quality of life has improved 100%.
in La Grange, IL |
I thought Dr. Alden was great. Personable, easy to talk to and good at explaining my options. He did a terrific job on my knee replacement.
in Lisle, IL. |
I have met with roughly a dozen knee docs and I have NEVER felt better about a team than I do about Doc Alden and staff. They educate FAR beyond what others do. Doc Alden does many “revision” knee surgeries from other surgeons surgeries that are having issues such as infection. In other words, he fixes other people’s problems. What does that tell you about this man’s skill?? He gives you all the time in the world. This doctor is a cut above. For my full review go to Google!
in Evanston, IL |
I have just gone thru hip revision with Dr Alden, after all these years of pain and unsuccessful surgeries a friend mentioned I see Dr Alden, I did, my surgery was a complete success. I have already recommended Dr Alden to family and friends, he's a ROCK STAR!!!
in Lombard, IL |
Dr. Alden is a fabulous orthopedic surgeon. I chose Dr. Alden from a WEB listing because of pain in my left hip. My X-rays revealed an arthritic hip that needed to be replaced. Dr. Alden has a great personality and demeanor and he made me feel very comfortable with the planned hip repair. I had surgery on Monday, was discharged home on Tuesday and walking with a walker the next day and in one month walking as if there was never a problem. I am so grateful that I chose Dr. Alden.
in Palatine, IL |
Dr. Alden takes great pride in his work. He really cares about his patients. He replaced both my knees 1 month apart and personally called me a couple of times to see how I was doing. That is unheard of a doctor calling patients!
in Chicago, IL |
I highly recommend Dr. Kris Alden and his staff if you are in need of a hip replacement. I am a very active 50 year old athlete. Dr. Alden understood my desire to return to an active lifestyle. Dr. Alden performs minimally invasive anterior hip replacement, which allows one to recover faster as less tissue is disturbed. The complete surgical process was seamless and pain free. I was off pain meds in one week. I was driving and back at work in 10 days. I was walking normally in 2 weeks.
in Darien, IL |
I cannot say enough good things about Dr Alden. He is the best mannered, kindest Doctor I have ever seen before. Doctor Alden performed revision surgery to replace my failed hip implants. They were installed by another surgeon 12 months earlier and were loose and never healed. We did the right one first and came back 3 weeks later for the left. Now, just 2 months later I am almost pain free and can walk fine. I can even put my socks own! Dr Alden helped me at a time I felt hopeless, Great guy!
in Stickney, IL |
Very professional. I am very happy with my Hip replacement surgery. 6 weeks after Hip replacement surgery I walk perfect with out pain. I feel good and sleep good without any pain. Thank you very much Dr. Kris Alden.
in Yorkville, IL |
Upon my first visit with Dr. Kris Alden I felt I was in the hands of a truly knowledgeable and caring physician. He spent quality time with me explaining my condition and answered all the questions that I had. Dr. Alden performed my hip replacement perfectly and within 2 weeks I was walking so well that no one could tell that I had a hip replacement! I am ever so very grateful for Dr. Alden's expertise and genuine compassion for making a difficult time in my life such a remarkable process!
in Glendale Heights, IL |
He is extremely skilled. My hip has never felt better! I am walking great and pain free, something I haven't felt in years.
Dr.Kris Alden is a remarkable surgeon. He is extremely well skilled at what he does along with having a very caring manner. He changed my life with the knee surgery I had and I cannot thank him enough. I like to be very active and thanks to him, I can continue to be by having no limitations on my walking, biking and swimming. He had a challenging surgery with my deformed leg, and the results were a total success. I highly recommend him.
in Lombard, IL |
I have had 2 surgeries with Dr. Alden, and have had fantastic results with both. I would recommend Dr. Alden for either hip or knee replacements.
Have you seen Dr. Kris Alden, MD?
Are you Dr. Alden?

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois PPO
  • CoreSource
    Platinum PPO
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA