Dr. Kris Alden, MD

Dr. Alden
Telehealth services available

Hinsdale Orthopaedics

4700 Gilbert Ave Ste 51 Western Springs, IL 60558

Dr. Kris Alden, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Western Springs, IL and has over 18 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Alden has more experience with Knee/Lower Limbs than other specialists in his area. He graduated from University of Illinois At Chicago / College of Medicine medical school in 2002. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Adventist Hinsdale Hospital and Adventist La Grange Memorial Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Alden to book an appointment.

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Alden with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital.

Make an appointment at Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital today at (630) 360-2663.

provider hospital

These providers are on the medical staff of Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital.

Dr. Alden's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Alden

Dr. Alden?
Had my left knee replaced February 3 and my right knee replaced May 11. The procedures were great and the support team was outstanding. I had rehab at Hinsdale ortho which was run by ATI. Katherine, Rachael and Peg were great. The hospital team with William doing the pain medicine , Larry assisting and all the nurses were fantastic. Judy who organized everything was outstanding. She made the whole process seamless. Dr. Alden and his team were great. They explained the whole process to me before the operation and explained what I needed to do to recover. I also had home therapy for 2 weeks and Jeff work on both my knees and he was great. Dr. Alden made the process easy and comfortable. I am 74 and my knees feel better now than I have for years even though I am still rehabing the right knee. Dr, Alden , Larry, Judy and the whole Hinsdale Orthopedics team did an outstanding job.
Gerald W Rosenthal – Jun 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kris Alden, MD?
Dr. Kris Alden is amazing, he has replaced both my hips, two years apart. I walked out of the surgery both times, no complications feeling great. No pain, no problems, he was readily available for all my questions. I would recommend him for anyone! He even works on patients having problems from prior surgeries involving other surgeons. I do not know of any doctors willing to touch another doctors work. Dr. Alden is in a class of his own, double board certified, and he will take the best care of any patient from the beginning consult to well beyond the surgery. Fantastic doctor, better human being!!
Judie Wehner – Mar 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kris Alden, MD?
Doctor Alden is #1 in the business. Doctor Alden and his staff are always friendly, kind, helpful, and, most of all, know what they are doing. I have had two total knee replacements in the past two years and both experiences provided great outcomes. No problem after surgery and now I do everything I want without pain. He knows what he is doing and will answer every question you may have and takes whatever time is needed to discuss any question or concern you may have.
Mar 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kris Alden, MD?
I had hip replacement surgery in August of 2019. The procedure and recovery went smoothly - exactly as described in pre-surgical office visits. I am easily walking an hour a day, biking, and looking forward to more activities this summer. I have not had hip pain since the day of surgery. Dr. Alden is an excellent surgeon and his team is very caring and wonderful to work with.
Ken Odom – Mar 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kris Alden, MD?
I had anterior hip replacement in December of 2018. I'm a runner and was concerned about whether I would be able to run again. Dr. Alden put a high impact prosthesis in and I was back to running 5 miles a day by April of 2019. He did an AMAZING job. He and his staff are incredible . . . warm, friendly, and very professional . Oh by the way . . . I'm 70 years old ! I sing his praises to all my "old friends" !
John Cunningham (aka. "Happy New Hip Guy" – Nov 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kris Alden, MD?
Dr. Alden did a total knee replacement on me in February and the results have been wonderful. He is a superb surgeon and his entire team is top notch. They take care of everything from pre-op through post-op and your needs are considered throughout the process. I have been golfing four days a week since spring and owe it to the successful surgery. I have recommended Dr Alden to several of my golf buddies considering knee or hip replacement.
Kerry Richmond – Sep 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kris Alden, MD?
Dr. Kris Alden replaced my R knee on May 17th, 2019 and 6 weeks later I was released to go back to full-time work. My experience with Dr, Alden has been nothing short of perfect. Between the promptness and knowledge of his staff combined with the God-given talent of Dr. Alden, my replacement has been a perfect example of how it should be done. I am so pleased with my results and would highly recommend Dr. Alden to anyone that wants a talented, compassionate, knowledgeable surgeon handling their orthopedic surgery. He is truly a blessed man with gifted hands from God.
Jan Nahorski – Jul 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kris Alden, MD?
Dr. Alden did a complete hip replacement for me and he was exceptional! He is very personable which is always a plus with doctors. I have been told by my physical therapist who referred me, John Lewenszick, that he has not seen someone heal so fast and so completely! His PA Larry was awesome as well as Judy, the person making the appointments. From start to finish the experience was really good and I would send anyone getting a hip replacement to Dr. Alden in a minute! ps. I do not do these rating ever***
alexia durocher in downers grove, IL – Jun 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kris Alden, MD?
Dr. Alden performed total hip replacement surgery on me on Monday May 20, 2019. I was out of bed that afternoon and evening. Tuesday morning was walking with walker down the hall to therapy room and going up and down stairs. I was released from hospital on Tuesday afternoon. Surgery went perfect, no complications recovery was quick, walking with no walker or cane within a week, very little pain even from the surgery site. His staff was very professional and treated me well, the process was explained in advance and all expectations were met. Would highly recommend Dr. Alden to anyone.
Ed in Bolingbrook , IL – Jun 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kris Alden, MD?
Having been terrified of hip replacement I was reassured and had an amazing experience. I am now walking easily without pain. Besides the surgical results however was the kindness and attentiveness of everyone at Hinsdale Orthopaedics.
Jun 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kris Alden, MD?
I had a right total knee replacement surgery in 11/2017. It was done as an outpatient in their Ambulatory Surgery Center. It went extremely well. I was able to go home the same day, did rehab at home and as outpatient for 4 weeks and returned to work at 4 weeks post surgery. After 6 weeks, I was able to ride my bicycle in the forest preserve trails and rode in a 5 day ride across Missouri (239 miles) 7 months after surgery. At 18 months post op, my knee is virtually back to normal. I received excellent care from the first visit with Dr, Alden, through surgery, and during the recovery and follow up periods. His office staff is great and they all explain the care and follow up thoroughly before and after surgery and provide you with written explanations and instructions.
May 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kris Alden, MD?
Dr alden did my right knee revision approx five months ago. The recovery from surgery was amazing. I felt very good and healed fast compared to my other revision by a different doctor. He is a caring, competent, professional doctor. I would recommend him to anyone, in fact, l already have. My right knee feels great, l dont even know l have it. My sincere gratitude and a very sincere thank you to dr alden and his staff.
Marianne – Feb 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kris Alden, MD?
Dr. Alden has done both of my knee replacements (2013 and 2015). I just had my annual followup and everything is great. Besides being a great surgeon, he has a great bedside/office manner. If a had a third knee, I'd go back to him in a second. Choosing any kind of surgery is a difficult decision, but this was one of the best decisions I ever made.
M K Dolan in La Grange Park – Feb 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kris Alden, MD?
Friendly, easy going office where everyone is on a first name basis--including the doc! Of course, that would mean nothing without excellent care, and you get that too. They always have time to sit and listen, and to answer questions. You are treated like you are their most important patient. I am six months post knee replacement, and I am doing very well. My custom-made Swiss knee was expertly made and expertly inserted. I was expertly cared for. Now, can I say I am part Swiss?
Jan 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kris Alden, MD?
I would most definitely recommend Dr. Alden as a highly competent and caring surgeon. Dr. Alden explained my procedure thoroughly and answered all my questions. His calm and confident manner eased all my concerns.
Jan 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kris Alden, MD?
Exceptional. He is a fantastic surgeon.
Marianne in Cherry Valley, IL – Jan 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kris Alden, MD?
I can not recommend Dr. Alden enough!!! One year out from having both of my hips replaced and I have full range of movement and none of the pain that controlled my life before. Great office and very personable staff. Thanks Doc!!
Peter M – Jan 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kris Alden, MD?
Found dr. Alden to be knowledgeable and caring. Post surgery was painless. Results have allowed me to return to a much more active lifestyle. Did not fully realize what I was missing until post surgery. I really enjoy the outdoors and that had been compromised, really happy to have this part of my life returned. Services provided and my experiences far exceeded my expectations. Thanks and much appreciation Dr Alden and staff!
Leroy Perry, DDS – Jan 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kris Alden, MD?
Dr. Alden is a top notch doctor!! Very down to earth and easy to relate to. He cares about his patients and listens to your concerns. I was usually the last patient of the day and yet he always took his time with me. I never felt rushed or dismissed i had a total knee replacement in 2017 and I have never felt better a year recovery is nothing compared to 30 years of suffering place your trust in Dr. Alden hands and you will not be disappointed!!!
Loren in Schaumburg, IL – Jan 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kris Alden, MD?
I was pleased to be up and about so quickly and without pain.
Michael Kiernan in Naperville, IL – Dec 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kris Alden, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Alden?

Dr. Alden strives to significantly improve the quality of life for his patients, focusing on enhanced activity levels and mobility. He dedicates much time during appointments to answering questions and explaining reasoning for recommended care. Dr. Alden and his team do the utmost to provide patients with the highest level of care.

• Hip & Knee Orthopedics