Dr. Kraig Kristof, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 45

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Kraig Kristof, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Toledo, OH and has over 19 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Kristof has extensive experience in Spine Disorders & Surgical Procedures. He graduated from University Of Toledo College of Medicine (Formerly McO) medical school in 2003. He is affiliated with McLaren St. Luke's, winner of the Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award and others. He is also affiliated with ProMedica Flower Hospital. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Kraig Kristof, MD

Glass City Orthopaedic and Spine Center

4235 Secor Rd Toledo, OH 43623 ()
Telehealth services available

Telehealth available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Orthopedic Surgery Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Kristof is affiliated with Mercy Saint Anne Hospital Toledo, a highly rated hospital.

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Joint Replacement Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Ohio

Frequently Treated by Dr. Kristof

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Kristof treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Kristof treats other conditions, please contact the office at (419) 479-5424.

Spine Disorders & Surgical Procedures

Spine specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the bones of the spine, including degenerative spine disease, herniated discs, stenosis, and fractured vertebrae, with treatments including medication, physical therapy, and surgery.Compare with other Spine Disorders & Surgical Procedures specialists.

Dr. Kristof is experienced in the area of Spine Disorders & Surgical Procedures. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 57 conditions and procedures

Check Dr. Kristof's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Kristof's conditions and procedures:

• Broken Neck
  • Carpal Tunnel Release
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminoforaminotomy
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Musculoskeletal Function Test
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Upper Back Pain

Dr. Kristof accepts

Dr. Kristof accepts the following insurance:

Balanced Blue Access-OH PPO
Commercial Insurance Company
Coventry Health Care
Frontpath Health Coalition
Golden Rule
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
HAP Insurance
Health Alliance
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Medical Mutual of Ohio

Dr. Kristof's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kristof

Dr. Kristof

retired
sciatic never work. had surgery done, to relieve pain. Dr Kristof did great work. Just follow the after surgery recommendation, everything will be good. He also has good staff working for him. Good manners, ever any question, they get back to you asap!!! I don't understand when people say their doctor did not fix their back. Give Dr Kristof a try you'll be more than happy with his results, HE"S GOOD
Ray Barron – Apr 27, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kraig Kristof, MD?
The best board certified fellowship trained spinal orthopedic surgeon I have ever met. Dr. Kristof is the spine whisperer you are looking for. He has integrity, heart and soul for his patients. In a nut shell he used his magic to fix my lumbar spine after over 10 years of intractable pain. It’s been three months since my surgery and I am living my life without the pain. I’ve been able to do things I never thought I would again. Imagine waking up each day knowing it’s only going to get better! My sincerest thank you, Susan Wolfe
Susan Wolfe – Feb 16, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kraig Kristof, MD?
Excellent. He performed heavy-duty back surgery on me. He thought of everything and informed me before surgery. He wanted to prescribe a strong pain medication but I took one that was less strong. I wish I had listened to him. He was right.
Sheryl Jean Doggett – Oct 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kraig Kristof, MD?
Dr. Kristof is one Great Surgeon. I'm 70 years old and I can't say enough about him.
Jerry Kosch – May 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kraig Kristof, MD?
I have struggled with back pain/problems for 20 years. I am only 37 and Two years ago a surgeon told me I HAD to have surgery. I have degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis and my nerves at L5/S1 were severely pinched. My feet were numb and I felt unstable every time I walked. I wasn’t ready so I had numerous blocks, ablations, injections and nothing worked. It progressed and I had some atrophy and nerve damage from waiting. I started vetting surgeons (3 to be exact) and was scared. Once I met Dr. Kristof I was immediately at ease. He has an amazing bedside manner and finally explained what was wrong more than any Dr. I have been to. I decided to have the surgery and am so glad I did. I wish I did it two years prior. I was walking the evening of surgery and didn’t need my walker after 5 days. I no longer have any nerve pain! He has changed my life. I can now be active with my 5 year old. He is AMAZING! I highly recommend him. You won’t regret it!
Jennifer Beavers – Dec 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kraig Kristof, MD?
Dr Kristof has performed surgery on my lumbar spine 5 years ago(2015) at Flower Hospital and a cervical spine fusion in September 2020. I am very happy with both surgeries, although I have had a longer recovery with my cervical spinal surgery as Dr. Kristof accessed the site through the front of my neck. Dr. Kristof told me what to expect and has a very kind , gentle, yet straight forward way to explain surgeries and the aftermath. Since it is has been 5 years since my lumbar surgery, I claim it as a great success. I even had to be more mobile sooner than recommended due to a family tragedy and still healed well. Dr. Kristof was very compassionate and understanding of my special needs during this difficult time. I highly recommend Dr. Kristof as very skilled surgeon who also had wonderful bedside manners.
Marlene Honeywell – Dec 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kraig Kristof, MD?
Let me start by saying Dr. Kristof and his staff are extraordinary. I was experiencing pain in both legs associated with a lower back issue. I first went to Dr. Kristof after researching other doctors and consultations. After a visit they recommended trying less evasive treatments to surgery. Unfortunately that did not work for me. Surgery was then scheduled and COVID hit. The response form his office explaining that the surgery would have to be delayed was more than I would have expected. Michelle was fabulous. I finally had surgery June 29 at St Anne’s and it went so well I was released the next day. It’s been almost three month since surgery and Im well on the way to an improved lifestyle. I highly recommend Dr Kristof.
Larry H – Sep 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kraig Kristof, MD?
Dr. Kristof has a very engaging personality which makes me feel at ease asking questions. He explains the problem and the best way to solve it very clear. He will give you as much time as you need to feel confident about your path forward before you leave. I had back surgery in February and I have had 2 more appointments with him that went very well. I am recovering well.
Christine Burke – May 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kraig Kristof, MD?
Dr. Kristof made me feel relaxed right from the beginning, and answered every question I had. He did a great job and I would highly recommend him to anyone.
Mr. Perry – May 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kraig Kristof, MD?
Dr Kristof did spinal surgery on me in October. It was surprisingly easy and I've recovered and am back to work. Thank you Dr and staff
Regina McClung – Mar 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kraig Kristof, MD?
I recommend Dr. Kristof for Back issues to all my friends and family members. Dr. Kristof reviewed my case and scheduled my surgery quickly to repair my back problems. I was almost unable to walk upon my first visit and after surgery was able to walk without pain within 6 hours after surgery. Highly recommend Dr. Kristof for back problems.
James Koralewski – Mar 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kraig Kristof, MD?
Dr Kristof performed an excellent spinal surgery on me... He was able to diagnose my spinal issue quickly and help me heal. He is very kind and professional... I am recommending him without hesitation to anyone who is in need of treatment for their spine. He is very wise and yet he remains Humble. Thank you Dr Kristof for giving me my life back without pain in it.
Val Morris – Mar 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kraig Kristof, MD?
Wonderful experience with him & his office, they take care of all my questions & help you through the process & with all of the years of chronic pain & over a dozen rounds of physical therapy, finally, I see a light at the end of the tunnel & excited to get my life back!! Nobody in their early 40s should feel 90 & stiff, thank you for everything!!
TH – Feb 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kraig Kristof, MD?
Today's visit was for a post op check of left SI joint. Dr Kristof recommended this surgery as an permanent alternative to help with pain from my Si joint. In past I have had my nerves burnt to stop the pain coming from this area. Unfortunately , the nerve burning was only a temporary fix. Dr Kristof's surgery has helped tremendously and I would encourage anyone with this problem to discuss this with him. Dr Kristof and his staff are kind and understanding. I couldn't recommend a better spine doctor!
Jodi Sheets – Jan 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kraig Kristof, MD?
Dr Kristof has been the answer to our prayers. Dr Kristof was the only Spine Surgeon to discover the cause of my wife’s back pain. She has been in pain for 4 years and we have seen multiple back surgeons. They kept referring us to therapy or pain management. That crap gets old very fast. Dr Kristof examined her this summer and she is on the road to recovery. 3 back injections and 2 minor outpatient procedures, she is walking and standing better than ever. She has a few months of healing yet, but I can see improvement everyday. I recommend Dr Kristof to anyone who is struggling with failed back surgeries or nagging back problems. He has a great demeanor with people and he actually listens to you. I will recommend him to anyone that struggles with back issues of any kind. We are thrilled to have found this awesome Doc.
David, Delphos Ohio – Dec 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kraig Kristof, MD?
Dr Kristoff and his staff are all very helpful and friendly. I would highly recommend him to anyone with SI joint pain that does not respond to any treatment. He preformed surgery on me and so far I am so pleased with the results! Thank you, Thank you!!
Dec 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kraig Kristof, MD?
Very very very disgusted with this doctor and his staff. After going to his pre consult nurse to get approval for the MRI we had to go back to out Primary care doctor to get an approval that my husband was fit enough for surgery. We got that. Then got the MRI, then had a consult with the doctor to get the surgery date. At that time he told us he does not operate on anyone over 90 years old. REALLY???? Did no one notice his DOB on the referral, on the intake info, or anytime before we made 4 trips over 35 miles each to doctors and MRI? Not to mention it cost us $150.00 for MRI plus 2 specialist appointments at $40.00 each plus gasoline and not to mention getting our hopes up and dashing therm??? Totally incompetent staff all the way around. I complained to my PCP and the insurance company asked me to file a claim. Will do. Then doctor Kristof says we can get a second opinion. Wow, does no one care that senior citizens are on a FIXED income?
Dec 06, 2019
I am sorry that you feel this way. You have to...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kraig Kristof, MD?
Dr. Kristof has performed two surgeries on me Lumber and he also did my second Cervical Surgery. He is an amazing surgeon, whom I respect and strongly recommend. His work speaks for itself so pleased with both of my surgeries and had no complications. His staff is just as amazing as he is, they go over and above providing the best care anyone could ask for. My recovery had no complications. Truly Blessed to have Dr. Kristof as my Orthopedic Surgeon. Thank you Dr. Kristof and your staff for an amazing experience.
Katina Ortega in Toledo, OH – Jun 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kraig Kristof, MD?
Dr. Kristof is the total package.....intelligent, personable and caring. I couldn't have asked for a better surgeon or a more favorable outcome.
Betsy in Bowling Green, OH – Jun 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kraig Kristof, MD?
Dr. Kristof is the best orthopedic doctor in Toledo Clinic.
May 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kraig Kristof, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kristof?