Dr. Kraig Kristof, MD

Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery | Male

Dr. Kraig Kristof, MD
Minimally invasive spine surgery is something I pride myself in to allow my patients to get back to a normal life faster than open procedures. These procedures are done through smaller incisions, have less blood loss, are less painful, and have a faster recovery all with the same goals of eliminating neck, back, and extremity pain. While I still do open procedures when needed, the majority of my patients are candidates for minimally invasive procedures. I believe this sets me apart from other spine surgeons in the area and I know I can help treat your neck or back problem.

Dr. Kristof's Care Philosophy

As a Board Certifiied, Fellowship-Trained Spine Surgeon, I know I can help your spine condition. I grew up in the Toledo area and am now back home to serve the people of this wonderful community. I truly believe in treating my patients just as if they are one of my own family members. I will give you the time and expertise to resolve your problem. Patients with radiating arm or leg pain as a result of spinal disease will benefit the most from my treatment but I see all spinal disease.

Dr. Kristof's Experience

See how Dr. Kristof's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kristof

Dr. Kristof accepts 20 insurance carriers

Dr. Kristof is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Kristof has admitting privileges.

Dr. Kristof's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kristof to family and friends
    4.4
    Dr. Kristof's Performance
    in Temperance mi |
    My husband had a staph imfection in his spinal cord that almost crippled him dr kristof was such a good dr im in his office right now with my dad who needs back surgery when you find a dr this good you always come back to the dr who treated you so good he deserves ten stars
    in Perrysburg, ohio |
    My husband has bone cancer and went to Dr. Kristof for tumors on his spine. Dr. Kristof and his staff were great. I am one of those wives that ask a ton of questions and did so on numerous occasions, He and his staff patiently answered all of my questions and took very good care of my husbands needs. I hope we don't have to go back - but if we do- I know he will be in good hands with Dr. Kristof.
    in Monroe, MI |
    Dr kristof is a very good doctor my boyfriend had pain for 20 years tried every thing shots therapy pills nothing help now he's in know pain an doesn't take any pill I would recommend him to anyone good doc well manner very nice I can say he's is the best doctor we've seen
    in Fremont, OH |
    From my first encounter with Dr Kristof, I knew I was in excellent hands. He actually listens to what his patients are telling him! I had back surgery in June and could not have asked for a better outcome. I truly believe that if more Doctors were like Dr Kristof and listened to their patients, we would all be better off....thank you Dr Kristof for your superior knowledge and your "bedside manner".
    in Toledo, OH |
    Absolutely recommend Dr. Kristof,very knowledgeable and professional. I had a lumbar fusion in march of 2016 and have little to no pain! Before the surgery I had chronic pain for over 10 years. I tried therapy, pain management,chiropractor ect. Lucky for me I was refferd to Dr. Kristof and now I am back to living my life.
    in Toledo, OH |
    In to see him for degenerative disk disease and spinal Spurs I've had since a teenager. He rushed me didn't answer my questions saying I needed an MRI but the office has yet to schedule it (3weeks later!) he pushed 3 different pain meds on me even though I said I didn't want them. And said surgery would be 50/50. And sent me out the door I spoke with him for MAYBE 5 min before he left and they wanted me to come back. Rude. Short. And rushed. Don't recommend!!!
    Unfortunately this disgruntled patient and I did not see eye to eye. I try my best to give my honest, expert opinion on any spinal condition. This patient may not have liked what I said but I always spend time with my patients and answer all of their questions. Much of what was said above is inaccurate. I do not "push" pain meds on anyone and further imaging with MRI is always needed to give a full opinion. No surgery would be discussed until this point. You can't please everyone.
    in Lambertville, MI |
    Unlike most doctors, Dr. Kristof took the time to answer all of my questions prior to the fusion surgery that was recommended. He did not make us feel rushed. Also, Peter, his P.A. was very patient and informative as well. Staff in his office is always friendly and helpful. Cannot find many medical offices like this anymore, keep up the great work.
    in Toledo, OH |
    Dr. Kristof provided excellent care and I would highly recommend him to anymore considering back surgery. He performed a laminectomy and discectomy at L4-S1 on me. He has an excellent bedside manner. He takes the time to explain what he is going to do and answer any questions. My procedure and recovery went as he described with no complications. I was fully recovered and released from his care in only 3 months. After my post-op pain went away I have minimal residual nerve pain.
    Have you seen Dr. Kraig Kristof, MD?

Dr. Kristof says...

Minimally invasive spine surgery is something I pride myself in to allow my patients to get back to a normal life faster than open procedures.  These procedures are done through smaller incisions, have less blood loss, are less painful, and have a faster recovery all with the same goals of eliminating neck, back, and extremity pain.  While I still do open procedures when needed, the majority of my patients are candidates for minimally invasive procedures.  I believe this sets me apart from other spine surgeons in the area and I know I can help treat your neck or back problem.

Dr. Kristof's Care Philosophy

As a Board Certifiied, Fellowship-Trained Spine Surgeon, I know I can help your spine condition. I grew up in the Toledo area and am now back home to serve the people of this wonderful community. I truly believe in treating my patients just as if they are one of my own family members. I will give you the time and expertise to resolve your problem. Patients with radiating arm or leg pain as a result of spinal disease will benefit the most from my treatment but I see all spinal disease.

Dr. Kristof says...

I am one of the few spine surgeons in the area to be a member of SOLAS, the Society of Lateral Access Spine surgeons.  Lateral access spine surgery is a minimally invasive approach that allows my patients to recover faster and alleviates their pain in their back and legs.

Dr. Kristof says...

My outcomes with minimally invasive and open spinal procedures have been exceptional.  Patients typically have resolution of their extremity pain and significant improval of their neck or back pain.  My practice focuses solely on spine surgery from the head to the tail bone.  Because of this, I believe my large volume of procedures helps my patients to have superb outcomes.

Dr. Kristof's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Malpractice claims in Ohio not available

Dr. Kristof has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

Why It Matters: Dr. Kristof's Board Certifications

• Lordosis
    • Lumbar Radiculopathy
    • Lumbar Spine Fracture
    • Neck Pain
    • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
    • Ossification of the Posterior Longitudinal Ligament of the Spine

William Beaumont Hospital--Spine Surgery Fellowship

Completed in 2013

Bowling Green State University

Graduated in 1999

Dr. Kristof does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kristof and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Image-Guided Spine Surgery
    • Kyphoplasty
    • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
    • Kyphosis Surgery
    • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
    • Laminectomy