Orthopedic Hand Surgery  |
Dr. Korsh Jafarnia, MD
Dr. Korsh Jafarnia, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in Houston, TX. He is 48 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Dr. Jafarnia is affiliated with Memorial Hermann - Texas Medical Center and Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical Center.

Memorial Hermann IRONMAN Sports Medicine Institute, Memorial City

• HAP Insurance
  • HealthSmart
  • Meritain Health

Learn about Dr. Jafarnia

My goal is to provide the least invasive hand and upper extremity treatments possible tailored to each patient's condition and lifestyle, in order to quickly return them to the everyday things they need to do and all of the activities they love.

Dr. Jafarnia's Experience

Dr. Jafarnia's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Extremity Nonunion
  • Finger Disorders
  • Finger Injuries
  • Finger Joint Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Injuries
  • Joint Disorders
  • Joint Swelling
  • Laceration
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lesion
  • Stab Wound
  • Tendon Disorders
  • Tendon Injuries
  • Tendonitis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Tenosynovitis

• Excision
  • Excision of Metacarpal and Carpal
  • Excision of Radius or Ulna
  • Foreign Body Removal
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment

• Harvard Medical School-Massachusetts General Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2002
  • French Institute For Hand Surgery
    Other Education | Completed 2001

Dr. Jafarnia has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Jafarnia does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Jafarnia and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Jafarnia's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Jafarnia to family and friends
Dr. Jafarnia Says:

We welcome and appreciate your comments regarding your visit and quality of care.  We continually strive to give every patient the attention they deserve, while reducing wait time and achieving the best possible outcomes.  Feedback is an important part of ensuring an excellent patient experience and optimal care. Thank you!

Dr. Jafarnia's Performance
Houston, TX |
Dr. Jafarnia did a great job with my carpel tunnel surgery. I am so happy with the results. Great group of people - VERY professional and positive experience! A+
in Houston, TX |
My primary physician referred me to Dr. Jafarnia after I fractured a finger in an accident. My entire experience with Dr. Jafarnia, his PA, office, nursing and surgical staff was fantastic. I received excellent care throughout this process. In addition, the Ironman staff were terrific, creating a specialized finger splint which allowed me to continue to work while my finger was healing. I would highly recommend Dr. Jafarnia.
in Houston, TX |
All contact with staff and Dr, very professional and friendly.
in Cypress, TX |
Very Professional Doctor and staff. convenient service and on time appointments. Overall very good experience
Houston, TX |
Dr. Jafarnia is an excellent surgeon. I would recommend his services to anyone who needs a a hand and wrist specialist.
in Cypress,TX |
I was referred to Dr. Korsh by my PCP. He's friendly bubbly and takes his time in helping the patient understand about what procedures/steps to take next when dealing with the patients needs about their hand.
in Cypress, TX |
Dr. Jafarnia is a highly skilled and competent surgeon. I recommend him with complete confidence and would not hesitate to send Family and Friends to him, in the unfortunate event that they ever need his services. From day 1 to my last visit, he made me feel comfortable and confident that my hand would heal completely. Dr. Jafarnia embraces the most modern surgical techniques and post care wound care to ensure 100% success. Thank you Dr. Jafaria getting me back to normal life again!
in Houston, TX |
Outstanding service provided by Dr. Jafarnia and his staff. I had carpel tunnel in both hands in which Dr Jafarnia did surgery on both hands and now 100% better. I also liked that a few hours after i had the surgery on my left hand Dr Jafarnia took the time to call and see how things were going and go over what I needed to do for a smooth healing process
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Jafarnia is an excellent surgeon. He is very kind,considerate and caring. He is highly skilled in his field and I would recommend him to anyone.
in Pasadena, TX |
Dr. Jafarnia was recommended to me by Dr. Kenneth Mathis, Dr. Mathis was right Dr. Jafarnia is a great doctor. Dr. Jafarnia did surgery on both my hands and they both are getting back to normal. Dr. Jafarnia spends time with you before and after the surgery. Thank you Dr. Jafarnia
Houston, TX |
When I broke my elbow, Dr. Jafarnia (and indeed his entire staff) made a difficult situation much more bearable. I am totally pleased with the results of my surgery and the care I received from Dr. Jafarnia. I highly recommend him to anyone needing the services he provides.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Jafarnia repaired my wife's badly broken wrist after a skiing accident. He did an excellent job as my wife has full mobility and no problems associated with the repair. When I was diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome, I knew exactly who I wanted to do the surgery. Dr. Jafarnia performed orthoscopic surgery on my left wrist. My incision is minimal, I have experienced no pain from the surgery, and my numbness is completely gone. I give Dr. Jafarnia a strong recommendation!
in Magnolia, TX |
Dr. Jafarnia was recommended to me by a neighbor who he treated for her elbow fracture and she had nothing but praise for him. His reviews on various sites were good so I chose him for my wrist problem. What a great recommendation! Scheduling office visits was easy and appointment times were met by the doctor and staff. Scheduling of surgery, despite reschedules on my part was great. And the results were great. Doctor and staff very friendly and professional. Would highly recommend.
I use to be very active and had my share of mishaps from horses and sailboats. One day I noticed that I had a problem with my hand and made an appointment to see Dr. Jafarnia. He knew right away what the problem was and immediately scheduled me for tendon surgical repair. His surgery restored all functions. He is a GREAT hand surgeon.
in Houston, TX |
Very good at communicating what to expect before, during, and after procedure. Most of the information that I received was in response to a question that I asked rather than volunteered by Doctor. Doctor appointments seemed a bit rushed. Doctor was excellent at performing a technically difficult procedure.
in Houston, TX |
Dr Jarfarnia performed my surgery yesterday. He called me lastnight to check on me and answer any more questions I had. I felt very comfortable in his hands and his bedside manner has a natural ease. He was pretty funny before surgery which help calmed my nerves. I am a nurse and had my surgery at the hospital I work in and Dr Jarfarnia came highly recommended. He was honest, detailed, an easygoing (you can ask questions) He is definitely 'the hand guy' and I highly recommend him!
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Jafarnia was very competent and took the time to answer all of my questions. He also has a casual demeanor that makes it easy to interact with him.
in Spring, TX |
Needed Carpal tunnel release surgery, After the surgery, the pain was completely gone and only a small amount of tingling remained. I was recommended to occupational therapy the following Wednesday and when I was assessed, the occupational therapist said that I did not need therapy. Improvement continues to this day. Stitches were removed two weeks after surgery. No difficulty stands. I consider the whole experience a success. Only thing better would be not needing the surgery at all.
in Houston, TX |
I had a ruptured tendon on one of my fingers. Dr. Jafarnia performed surgery on it, repairing the injury. After wearing a splint for 5 weeks, the finger is completely healed and pain free. I would definitely return to Dr. Jafarnia should I have any problems with other fingers. He is very professional and easy to talk with.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Jafarnia has been an exceptional doctor for me, he has done both of my Carpel Tunnel surgeries, so when I found out that he had moved the practice I made sure to follow Dr. Jafarnia to his new location. He did an excellent job on both of my Surgeries and recently when I broke my finger, I went to him for advice since I was told the finger was not broken and the hand was killing me, I knew he would have the answer and he took xrays immediately and he confirmed it was broken, all is good now
in Cypress, TX |
Dr. Jafarnia is the best hand doctor out there!!!! My husband and I both have had surgery done by the doctor. He did surgery on my husband for trigger finger and myself he did both hands for carpel tunnel. He has now given me two injections for trigger finger as well, and it has taken care of the problem. We have followed him from different practices and will continue to be with him. Him and his staff are all very well trained in their field. He is the doctor you need for your hands!!!!!
in Houston, TX |
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Jafarnia. I dislocated and broke my wrist in an accident. I waited almost too long to get to his office. Once he examined it, he said it was urgent that I get into surgery right away as it was healing wrong. He rescheduled other patients so that he could operate on my wrist the next morning and called me that night to check up on me. Nine weeks later and it's doing great. I couldn't be happier with Dr. Jafarnia and his staff!
in Cypress, TX |
Highly recommend Dr. Jafarnia. I am still amazed at how well he rebuilt my finger after a gruesome kitchen accident. Both he and his staff have been great to work with.
in Houston, TX |
I had a severe break in my wrist. The staff scheduled me an appointment right away. Dr. Jafarnia clearly explained the severity of the break and the surgical options to us. He was clear, confident and spent plenty of time answering questions we had regarding the repair of the wrist. He operated the next day. I have a plate and pins in my wrist that are perfectly placed. It has been 8 weeks and my wrist and hand are doing great. I would highly recommend Dr. Jafarnia.
in Rockport, TX |
Dr. Jafarnia is an excellent doctor. He performed surgery on my hand and it was the best outcome possible.
in Cypress, TX |
Dr. Jafarnia is a caring and understanding doctor. I have seen him for Carpometacarpal Arthritis in my thumbs. He did surgery on the left thumb in 2014 and I had total relieve from the pain. August 2016 Dr. Jafarnia did the same surgery on my right thumb. The staff in the office are wonderful and very caring. He will continue to be my doctor for my Elbows and Hands. Surgery was performed at the Outpatient center and I went home the same day. I am recovering nicely!
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Jafarnia was very honest about the work that needed to be done on my broken wrist. He did not try and force wrist surgery on me like many other doctors would do just to make a quick buck, instead he casted my wrist and had multiple follow ups to ensure everything was healing properly. He was very courteous and I would give him 10/10 ranking.
in Houston, TX |
I highly recommend Dr Jafarni with the UT Physicians group located at the Ironman Center at Memorial City in Houston TX. He is very caring, listens to understand, and is an excellent physician. I suffer with arthritis in both thumbs and the treatment he provides helps me to function without the pain. His staff is professional and they are prompt to return phone calls.
in Houston, TX |
You could not ask for a more qualified doctor. I recommend him to anyone who needs exceptional care. Fantastic service, friendly & knowledgeable! Dr. Jafarnia was welcoming, professional and excellent in making us feel comfortable in our visit with him. We will definitely continue to use him and recommend other families to do the same. His staff at both locations was equally exceptional.
Houston, TX |
He's good at what he does and has a well trained team backing him up. Excellent hand surgeon.
Magnolia, TX |
I would highly recommend Dr. Jafarnia. He is obviously a busy man but is attentive and caring and good at what he does! I am thankful for the full use of my arm following a nasty break and I owe that to his skill as a surgeon.
in Spring, TX |
I saw Dr Jafarnia yesterday for painful, almost debilitating, trigger finger pain. Less than 18 hours later, I am typing this review completely pain-free. All my fingers and my hands feel like new. Dr Jafarnia is brilliant. He is professional, takes his time to explain/answer questions, has a wonderful warm bedside manner, and highly skilled. His office staff is efficient, on time, and friendly. I drove 2 hours to see him, and would drive even farther if needed. I highly recommend Dr Jafarnia!
in Spring, TX |
I would recommend Dr. Jafarnia any day!!! Great bedside manner. You really feel how he and his staff care about you!!! I never felt rushed they took their time with each visit to ensure my quick recovery!!!
in Huntsville, TX |
Dr. Jafarnia is one of the most awesome and talented physicians I know. If anyone had seen the mangled mess my broken wrist and hand were before he surgically repaired them, you would never have thought I would have 100% use of my hand. A year later I broke the tendon in my thumb and once again his extraordinary ability has given me use of my thumb. God has given Dr. Jafarnia such a gift and I am very glad he shares that gift with all of us. Karen
I would recommend if you have three hours to sit in a waiting room waiting for him. Then hope that the staff could give you an answer on when they will take you back into a room. No thank you don't care how great a doctor you may think he is!!
Have you seen Dr. Korsh Jafarnia, MD?
Are you Dr. Jafarnia?