Dr. Kore Liow, MD

Dr. Kore Liow, MD

Neurology  |
Dr. Kore Liow, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Honolulu, HI. He is 49 years old and has been practicing for 24 years.

2230 Liliha St Ste 104

Honolulu, HI 96817

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • AvMed
  • CareOregon
  • CareSource
  • Community Health Choice

Learn about Dr. Liow

See how frequently Dr. Liow performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

EEG (Electroencephalogram)
Brain Disorders
Epilepsy
high

Dr. Liow's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Liow "Hawaii Pacific Neuroscience Institute's commitment is aligned with our crossed disciplinary effort to implement evidence-based patient care paths in a fully integrated care delivery model.  Our patient centered care model allows our patients to access care through a variety of specialized, disease specific centers.   Each center incorporates an interdisciplinary approach to the diagnosis and management of a specific neurological condition, harnessing the expertise of different specialists in a close collaborative manner working towards delivering the best care for the complex neurological conditions.

We are Hawaii's first fully integrated multidisciplinary neuroscience specialists working in a patient centered care model. We believe that collaborative group care is not only better, but it is more effective and more efficient. Our core values include innovative care in which our specialists provides the latest and most advance approach to the disease state and lead the state in neuroscience research and clinical trials. We believe care should include preventive measures, wellness and healing for both mind and body. We believe in holistic care and that care can take place in different settings for comfort and values.  Most of all, our patients remain the focus of all we do and care should be tailored made just for you.

Diagnostic Expertise, Advanced Treatment Modalities

HPN specialists employ the latest and most advanced diagnostic capabilities to solve and diagnose complex neurological conditions.  These services will be made available at HPN or working with facilities on campus including 3TMRI, Digital EEG, Long Term EEG, EMG, Carotid Doppler ultrasonography, full battery of neuropsychological testings including biofeedback.

Relevant and Hawaii Specific Research

HPN physicians and scientists lead the state in bringing neuroscience clinical trials to the island so that Hawaii patients do not have to travel to the mainland to seek these advanced research treatments. "

• Neurology

• Essential Tremor
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
  • Nystagmus
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Parkinsonism
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Seizure Disorders
  • Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Tic Disorders
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo
  • Visual Field Defects

• 24-Hour Ambulatory Electroencephalogram
  • EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • EMG (Electromyography)
  • Vagus Nerve Stimulation (VNS)

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Hawaii.

• barry
  • University of Utah Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998
  • National Institutes of Health
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Liow has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Liow does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Liow and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Liow's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Liow to family and friends
Dr. Liow's Performance
Honolulu, HI |
He seen my mother about 1 month ago. I felt like he didn’t care of my concerns and just gave her whatever medication he felt like even though i was scared of the side effects he didn’t explain anything. He also ordered an EEG which I researched that’s it is not necessary for my mother who was diagnosis Dementia. He’s a crook just wanting to use all my mothers money. I am not ever going back again! Also his MA I don’t know her name but she’s Asian she’s was really rude too
in Kailua, HI |
The experience was excellent. Dr. Liow was very informative on the condition I have.
in Honolulu, HI |
The staff was friendly, sweet and accommodating. Dr Liow explained to me in detail what our next step would need to be and why. He assured me I would be in good hands and knowing that he's a man of GOD I know I will. Thank you Dr Liow and his staff for your support during a scary and confusing time.
in Wailuku, HI |
Dr Liow is very understanding and kind and seems very concerned about patients and solving their problems. I'm hoping he can help me, I highly recommend him. He is knowledgeable and caring which is extremely hard to find these days. I feel as though I have finally found a Dr. that has the skills to address my issues.
in Kailua Kona, HI |
I'm very happy that I was referred to Dr. Liow. He is very knowledgeable in and very easy to talk to. He makes sure that his patients are well-taken cared of, and actually gives me some hope for the positive progress of my treatment. Very pleased.
in Kaneohe, HI |
Dr. Liow is a wonderful man and neurologist. Due to his help and effort, my epilepsy has improved. I've seen many neurologists and Dr. Liow was the only one who was efficient enough to solve my problem. I highly recommended him. He is very caring and I always feel comfortable when i have appointments and tests. I am very grateful to Dr. Liow and Hawaii Pacific Neuroscience!
in Honolulu, HI |
i can trust dr liow and i feel that he is being honest and i value his opinion.
in Kailua, HI |
He is very through, and speaks 'common man language' so I can understand him. Very understanding and answers all questions that I had for him. Very good doctor. I would recommend him to any body who needs his kind of medical help. ALOHA!!!!!
in Kaneohe, HI |
I was totally impressed with Dr. Liow. He was informative of my ailment at a level I understood and showed a very positive interest and followup. I have been most satisfied with his service as a physician.
kaneohe, hi |
His office has way too many turnovers in staff. Too many doctors barely work there longer than 6 months. He barely spends 10 minutes for an exam...he is way overbooked and there is always confusion in his kingdom. His techical assistants don't seem to know or care what or how they are doing. One checked us in and didn't even know how to use the computer to enter my prescriptions or send an email. Where I queried her about She said her 7-year-old daughter does all the computer work in their house
in Kailua, HI |
Hawaii Pacific Neroscience has been instrumental for my family and I. My father is always taken care of with the utmost care. The entire staff is so helpful. If you are looking for a complete comprehensive health plan for your elder, this is the place.
in Kailua, HI |
Dr. Lau is very patient and kind. He made me feel comfortable and welcomed. He is very knowledgeable and spoke to me in a way that we could understand. He welcomed my questions and made sure I understood what I needed to do to stay healthy. He made this horrible experience less scary and let me know that he would be there to help me in any way he could. He answered my family's question too. He is a great doctor.
in Kailua, HI |
Dr. Liow is a very excellent and caring physician. He is very thorough and is a patient man.
in honolulu |
very clear
in Kailua, HI |
Dr. Liow asks questions, listens, is kind. He seems very knowledgeable. feel confident to work with him.
in Honolulu, HI |
I completely trust in whatever he says.
in Kaneohe, HI |
Dr. Liow has been very professional and reassuring as a professional supporting me in this medicial condition.
in Honolulu, HI |
I find him to be a very caring, thorough and knowledgeable doctor.
in Honolulu, HI |
Very nice and relaxed setting. The doctors and nurses are very friendly.
in Kailua, HI |
I feel that he is a great doctor, who is considerate of my feelings and he'l take the time to explain what I dont understand so i will definitely refer him to family and friends.
in Hoolehua HI |
Dr Liow and his staff conducted themselves professionally and with good customer care. I would definitely recommend him to others. As a matter of fact, I have already referred a patient for services because of the care they provided to me and our family member.
in Kailua, HI |
Dr Liow is very understanding and kind and seems very concerned about patients and solving their problems. Im hoping he can help me, I highly recommend him.
in Kailua, HI |
makes patient comfortable with approach toward treatment and diagnosis. makes number of options available for treatment
in Kailua, HI |
He is kind and takes the time to listen to your needs.
in Kona, HI |
Dr. Liow is an outstanding doctor. His compassionate and friendly and shows care for me as his new patient. I don't like flying at all but coming to see my doctor is worth it. I finally know what my family and I are having to work through with my health situation, no more wondering, because he figured it out. Mahalo nui Doc for being so PONO. Ke Akua Pu !!
in Kilauea, HI |
After the first seizure in 2010 I was put on a variety of meds, which left me in a dazed state. My quality of life sometimes left me very depressed and didn't want to go on. Also, I continued to have both complex and grand mal seizures. Dr. Liow did a series of tests and changed my meds. I have been seizure free and feels fantastic. I recommend Dr. Liow to anyone with neurological problems.
in Kailua, HI |
Excellent doctor, hes kind and calming, very supportive and I know my welfare comes first.
in Kaneohe, HI |
a wonderful, kind and caring doctor. he is managing my sisters seizure problem very well.
in Honolulu, HI |
He is a caring patient man.I suffered from seizures for years and seen alot of doctors with no help.Dr.Liow took his time and helped me with all my medical problems.I am happy to say after 4 months of seeing Dr.Liow I have no seizures and all my family and friends tell me they haven"t seen me this good in years.Thank you Dr.Liow and all his staff Christian,Jesse and Noah and all the rest of his staff.
Waialua, HI |
Dr. Liow always makes sure to explain everything clearly and makes sure I understand everything
in Honolulu, Hi |
Dr. Liow' staff members are helpful and kind. They never seem rushed and are very reassuring. They keep the appointments within 10-15 minutes of the actual scheduled time. Dr. Liow takes his time explaining why he recommends a certain medication and asks how it is working. One medication made me grouchy so he changed it and i saw improvement in my mood which helps my overall health. His lifestyle recommendations are reasonable and he praises patients when they are doing well.
in Kailua, HI |
Dr. Liow shows a deep compassion for my wife and always answers all our questions. We never feel rushed during our apppointments.
in cherylwall1223@gmail.com |
Extremely knowledgeable was able to diagnose my condition where no once else was able. I was able to start treatment right away. Dr Liow was very attentive, and genuinely concerned. I would highly recommend him.
in Kaneohe, HI |
Dr. Liow is treating my son for a seizure disorder. Unfortunately, my son suffers from psychiatric difficulties as well. Dr. Liow prescribed appropriate medication and took additional steps to determine any correlation between both neurological problems. His actions clearly indicate high levels of knowledge and experience. Dr. Liow has shown us admirable personal attributes too. He truly cares about my son and does everything possible to improve his health and quality of life.
in Aiea, Hawaii |
Whenever I see Dr Liow I feel cared for and heard. He's a very compassionate Doctor with excellent diagnostic skills that puts me at ease. When I first started seeing him I was struggling with many side effects from different anti epileptic meds. Dr. Liow knew the exact problem and switched my medicines.
Have you seen Dr. Kore Liow, MD?
Are you Dr. Liow?