Dr. Konrad Filutowski, MD

Dr. Konrad Filutowski, MD

Ophthalmology  |

Personal Dr. Filutowski is married with three children. He is an avid skier, sports, and race car enthusiast. Why I Became an Eye Doctor I was born in Warsaw, Poland, during the aftermath of devastation from World War II. During this time, the country was struggling under Soviet oppression, and what the Germans did not destroy or steal, the Communists took away or “nationalized,” as they said, “for the good of the nation.” But by “the nation”, they meant themselves, the bureaucrats. Amongst the country’s turmoil, my grandmother always reminded me to get the best education that I could. “What is in your head, nobody can take away,” she said. When I was 14 years old, my family escaped the Communist oppression in Poland and we moved to the United States. I understood virtually no English. At the beginning of my freshman year of high school, I remember asking my Biology teacher not to call on me in front of the class; I could barely understand what she was asking, and even if I could, my answer would come out in broken English. I was so embarrassed. Despite my struggle with English, I excelled in math, chemistry, and physics. We were a family of scientists—my father was an aeronautical engineer and my older brother became a nuclear engineer. As you can imagine, it was expected that I would go in the same direction, which was not a problem because I loved the sciences. In addition, I also found great enjoyment in helping people. So, daring to be different, I was soon on my way to becoming a doctor in America! After finishing my undergraduate studies at Columbia University, I attended Cornell University Medical College. It was in those four years I decided what kind of doctor I wanted to be. During a rotation in the Ophthalmology department, I observed eye surgeons using all kinds of high-tech equipment to examine eyes and perform beautiful microscopic surgery to restore sight. How cool is that! I instantly knew this is what I wanted to do with my life. So after Cornell, I completed my Ophthalmology residency at the University of Pennsylvania. Where the Filutowski Cataract & LASIK Institute stands today is the result of decades of studying, practicing, and perfecting my skills. When I chose ophthalmology for my life’s work, I never dreamed I would be changing the lives of so many people. Out in the community, I frequently meet someone who is enjoying better vision after being seen at the Institute that bears my name. The rewards of my life’s work are many, but none greater than having improved the vision and lifestyle of so many.

Filutowski Cataract and Lasik Institute

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • CoreSource
  • EmblemHealth
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)

Learn about Dr. Filutowski

Our dedicated team of doctors, nurses, technicians, surgical counselors, and a variety of staff members enjoy providing our patients old-fashioned, personal attention using today’s most modern technology. When it comes to something as precious as your vision, you deserve the quality care that is found at the Filutowski Cataract & LASIK Institute.

Experience for Dr. Filutowski

Gain confidence in your healthcare decisions by comparing quality indicators on our provider profiles: education, board certification, years of practice, patient experience, and now Top Care Areas, which gives frequency in conditions treated or procedures performed. More about finding the right doctor for you

Top Care Areas for Dr. Filutowski by Patient Volume

Senile Cataracts

Dr. Filutowski treated this condition for more patients than 86% of his peers nationwide.

high

Cataract

Dr. Filutowski's volume for this condition ranks within the 78th percentile in our national data set. This is statistically normal relative to his peers.

Glaucoma

Dr. Filutowski's volume for this condition ranks within the 74th percentile in our national data set. This is statistically normal relative to his peers.

Need Other Care?

Discover how Dr. Filutowski compares to peers nationwide for your care needs.

?

Where our data comes from - The data you see on providers' Healthgrades profiles comes from both the provider and public sources. The Top Care Areas section uses public data from billing claims that providers submit to insurance companies. That data is filed nationwide on behalf of the provider to either the government or a private health insurance company.

How we evaluate our data - Patient volume is analyzed by provider and compared nationally with all providers who perform the same procedure, or treat the same condition. We organize the volume data in percentile ranking from 'may perform' for the lowest claims volume to 'Very High' for the highest claims volume data. For a given condition or procedure, performance categories are defined based on 80%, 90%, and 95% confidence intervals from the average patient volume for all providers in our database. Providers identified as ‘may perform’ do not have sufficient volume for Healthgrades to create a statistical evaluation.

Are you Dr. Filutowski?

Learn more about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ophthalmology

• Overlook Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1984
  • Scheie Eye Inst/U Penn Phi
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1987

Dr. Filutowski has no media or publications listed.

• Polish

Dr. Filutowski does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Filutowski and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Filutowski's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Filutowski to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Filutowski's Performance
in Sanford, FL |
i would never recommend this eye doctor to anyone. He twice knocked my legs from being crossed instead of asking me to uncross them. He silenced my husband and I twice when we attempted to ask questions regarding my surgery. He yelled at me twice when I could not maintain an wide open eye due to the sever light he was shining in my eye. I found him to be an arrogant narcissist and would never pay him one more dime nor let him perform surgery on me or my dog. Beside manor rates a huge 0!
in Sanford, FL |
An extremely thorough, professional and clean facility. Geared to provide maximum success in treating optomelogical conditions.
in Lake Mary, FL |
I had cataract and lasik surgery performed by Dr Filutowski just over a month ago. Having worn glasses almost all my life, I am now able to read even the smallest font on my iPhone and also have great distance vision. No more glasses .... it's a miracle. From the first appointment to the last I was completely informed of what I was to expect. The whole experience at the lake Mary institute was excellent and I am extremely grateful to Dr. Filutowski and his staff.
Have you seen Dr. Konrad Filutowski, MD?

Visit Dr. Filutowski

• CoreSource
    Group Plan PPO
    Emblem Health
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio