Dr. Konrad Filutowski, MD

Dr. Konrad Filutowski, MD

Ophthalmology  ·
Dr. Konrad Filutowski, MD is an ophthalmology specialist in Daytona Beach, FL and has been practicing for 31 years. He graduated from Joan Sanford I Weill Medical College Of Cornell University in 1983 and specializes in ophthalmology, cataract surgery, and more.Read his story

110 Yorktowne Dr

Daytona Beach, FL 32119

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Filutowski

See how frequently Dr. Filutowski performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Cataract Removal Surgery
Senile Cataracts
Cataract

Dr. Filutowski's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Filutowski's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Filutowski "Personal Dr. Filutowski is married with three children. He is an avid skier, sports, and race car enthusiast. Why I Became an Eye Doctor I was born in Warsaw, Poland, during the aftermath of devastation from World War II. During this time, the country was struggling under Soviet oppression, and what the Germans did not destroy or steal, the Communists took away or “nationalized,” as they said, “for the good of the nation.” But by “the nation”, they meant themselves, the bureaucrats. Amongst the country’s turmoil, my grandmother always reminded me to get the best education that I could. “What is in your head, nobody can take away,” she said. When I was 14 years old, my family escaped the Communist oppression in Poland and we moved to the United States. I understood virtually no English. At the beginning of my freshman year of high school, I remember asking my Biology teacher not to call on me in front of the class; I could barely understand what she was asking, and even if I could, my answer would come out in broken English. I was so embarrassed. Despite my struggle with English, I excelled in math, chemistry, and physics. We were a family of scientists—my father was an aeronautical engineer and my older brother became a nuclear engineer. As you can imagine, it was expected that I would go in the same direction, which was not a problem because I loved the sciences. In addition, I also found great enjoyment in helping people. So, daring to be different, I was soon on my way to becoming a doctor in America! After finishing my undergraduate studies at Columbia University, I attended Cornell University Medical College. It was in those four years I decided what kind of doctor I wanted to be. During a rotation in the Ophthalmology department, I observed eye surgeons using all kinds of high-tech equipment to examine eyes and perform beautiful microscopic surgery to restore sight. How cool is that! I instantly knew this is what I wanted to do with my life. So after Cornell, I completed my Ophthalmology residency at the University of Pennsylvania. Where the Filutowski Cataract & LASIK Institute stands today is the result of decades of studying, practicing, and perfecting my skills. When I chose ophthalmology for my life’s work, I never dreamed I would be changing the lives of so many people. Out in the community, I frequently meet someone who is enjoying better vision after being seen at the Institute that bears my name. The rewards of my life’s work are many, but none greater than having improved the vision and lifestyle of so many."

This content was provided by Dr. Filutowski "Our dedicated team of doctors, nurses, technicians, surgical counselors, and a variety of staff members enjoy providing our patients old-fashioned, personal attention using today’s most modern technology. When it comes to something as precious as your vision, you deserve the quality care that is found at the Filutowski Cataract & LASIK Institute."

• Ophthalmology

• Iridectomy
  • Ocular Prosthetics
  • Pterygium Surgery
  • Repair of Retinal Detachment or Retinal Tear
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

• Overlook Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1984
  • Scheie Eye Inst/U Penn Phi
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1987

Dr. Filutowski has no media or publications listed.

• Polish

Dr. Filutowski does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Filutowski and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Filutowski's Reviews

4.2
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Filutowski to family and friends

Dr. Filutowski's Performance

Cataracts of both eyes replaced with multifocal lenses and I have renewed vision that I have not enjoyed for many years. Thank you Dr. Filutowski and staff for quality treatment and excellent customer service.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
All of Dr. Filutowski's assistants with whom I had contact were very polite and conducted themselves in a professional manner. Dr Filutowski seem to be genuinely interested in my welfare and took the time to explain the low risks associated with the surgery, and what to expect after the surgery. He...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Doctor Filutowski was fine... When I finally got to see him. However, there was a two (2) hour waiting room time beyond my scheduled time. No sense of schedule within the office. I was told this is NORMAL ! I asked why... if normal, they don't schedule properly ?? No answer, they don't care about...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
i would never recommend this eye doctor to anyone. He twice knocked my legs from being crossed instead of asking me to uncross them. He silenced my husband and I twice when we attempted to ask questions regarding my surgery. He yelled at me twice when I could not maintain an wide open eye due to...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
An extremely thorough, professional and clean facility. Geared to provide maximum success in treating optomelogical conditions.
Are you Dr. Filutowski?