Dr. Koijan Kainth, MD

Dr. Koijan Kainth, MD

Neurological Spine Surgery  ·

Dr. Koijan Kainth, MD is a neurological spine surgery specialist in The Woodlands, TX. He specializes in neurological spine surgery, orthopedic spine surgery, and more.Read his story

The Woodlands Sports Medicine Centre

1441 Woodstead Ct Ste 300

The Woodlands, TX 77380

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Kainth's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Kainth's Top Procedures and Conditions

Chronic Neck Pain

Dr. Kainth treats Chronic Neck Pain more than 98% of his peers

Dr. Kainth treats this condition more than 98% of his peers

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Kainth treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 97% of his peers

Dr. Kainth treats this condition more than 97% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Brachial Neuritis

• Carpal Tunnel Release
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Thrombosis
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

Dr. Kainth's approach is conservative and individualized. He strives to give his patients a thorough understanding of their condition and all of their treatment options. He is well versed in minimally invasive spine surgery along with complex reconstructive spine surgery. He only recommends surgery if all conservative measures have been exhausted and the benefits outweigh the risks of surgery.

• Neurological Spine Surgery

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kainth

Dr. Kainth?
Dr. Kainth's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Koijan Kainth, MD
I've been in pain for years, and was glad to get it taken care of. The surgery wasn't a quick one, but I am healing great with no issues, and again, quicker than I expected. I'd be glad to recommend Dr. Kainth to friends and family!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Koijan Kainth, MD?
Dr. Kainth was great in all aspects. I got 4 opinions prior to surgery and Dr. Kainth was the best at explaining the entire process and working with me on my after care plan. Surgery went great and I felt immediate relief from the pain I was in prior to the surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Koijan Kainth, MD?
Dr. Kainth changed my life. I feel 100% better 2 weeks after surgery!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Koijan Kainth, MD?
Dr. Kainth has given me a new lease on life. With humility and grace, knowledge and expertise. He has a gentle bedside manner and listens carefully. When he is consulting with you or seeing you in surgery, he makes you feel as if nothing is more important than your well-being. My surgery was amazing. I haven't felt this well in five years. Anyone who is fortunate enough to have Dr. Kainth as their surgeon is most fortunate indeed! Thank you, Dr. Kainth!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Koijan Kainth, MD?
from start to finish this has been the best thing i could have done. i get to return to my normal life again.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Koijan Kainth, MD?
Too Awesome, he is very patient. His nurse Danyeil is wonderful as well. She was able to answer all my questions and get me into the office as soon as possible.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Koijan Kainth, MD?
Staff were polite and efficient! Facility extremely clean!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Koijan Kainth, MD?
Kind, compassionate and really caring. Dr. Kainth spent time explaining the procedure and all the steps after surgery. I had seen many other spine surgery docs but he was the only one that spent the time with me. I had minimally invasive surgery on my back and all my leg pain disappeared. I even went home the same day. He is the best. Thanks Dr. Kainth!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Koijan Kainth, MD?
Dr. Kainth, I thank you for my surgery on my back . I haven't taken any medicines since my surgery. I can walk without pain . I will recommend you highly to my friends. You have an A+ from me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Koijan Kainth, MD?
I went to Dr Kainth in tremendous pain. He quickly found the problems that were my c5 and C6. I was scheduled for surgery within weeks. Surgery was a complete success ! Thank you Dr.Kainth for taking the time with me and my family to explain all that was to be expected before and after procedure and for your knowledge, expert care and kindness throughout ! Dean Hall
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Koijan Kainth, MD?
I am a health care provider (nurse) and work with many surgeons. I can say without a doubt that Dr. Kainth is kind, compassionate and an excellent surgeon. He specializes in spine surgery and does the most cervical spine surgeries in our hospital and in the area. I was having very bad arm pain and we attempted every nonsurgery step. I ended up having 2 level ACDF and so happy I did. He treated me like family. And his staff is amazing as well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Koijan Kainth, MD?
Dr. Kainth recently performed a very successful 4 segment cervical spine surgery on my husband. He is an amazing doctor. He shows he cares when making sure to take whatever time needed to explain, asking multiple times if you have any additional questions. I also have seen Dr. kainth for neck pain and herniated disks. We highly recommend Dr. kainth.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Koijan Kainth, MD?
I really appreciate the time Dr Kainth gives at appointment time. He’s always smiling, never rude & really seems to care. He did my reconstruction neck surgery and I highly recommend him & his staff. 5 stars !!!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Koijan Kainth, MD?
Dr. Kainth was absolutely amazing! I had completed consults with a couple other neurosurgeons before a friend recommended Dr. Kainth to me, and I'm so glad he did! Dr. Kainth's calm, kind demeanor before and after my surgical procedures put me and my family at ease. He took the time to listen to and understand my concerns and situational limitations, and was extremely thorough in his explanations, especially in terms of what I should expect before and after. Highly recommend him to all!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Koijan Kainth, MD?
Dr. Kainth is extremely knowledgeable. And he demonstrates concern about your well being. He explains your condition thoroughly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Koijan Kainth, MD?
Dr. Kainth is amazing! I would highly recommend. After a year of pain & discomfort, injections and several doctors ... I'm free from pain, thank you! Dr. Kainth performed a right-side laminectomy & I have zero pain. I went in for out patient procedure, we in/out of hospital in about 6 hours total ... woke up pain free & have taken zero pain medication since the procedure.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Koijan Kainth, MD?
FOLLOWUP TO MY 1ST REVIEW ON DEC 16, 2017. 4 months after my surgery (laminectomy, removal of cyst in spinal cord and fusion of L3-L4), on Nov. 30th, 2017, I was back to playing golf! Zero pain since recovery from anesthesia and back to playing golf twice a week. Dr. Kainth has transformed my life! It never crossed my mind until I met Dr. Kainth this past November but I now know that I'd NEVER consider back surgery from an orthopedic surgeon who was not ALSO a neurosurgeon....
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Koijan Kainth, MD?
Dr. Kainth is amazing. He did an awesome fixing my neck. I have absolutely no complaints. I healed quickly and couldn't be happier with the level of service I received. He is very caring toward his patients and his staff is wonderful. He did surgery on myself and my cousin within 2 weeks of each other. We are both doing exceptionally well and I would recommend him to everyone. There is no need to live in pain anymore when you have someone as good as Dr. Kainth to do your surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Koijan Kainth, MD?
My first impression of Dr Kainth was positive. He listened to me and discussed possible options pending an MRI. We reviewed the MRI together and he showed me the areas that needed attention. He offered me 2 surgical procedures. I had already had injections in my back. I opted for L4-L5 Laminectomy. . I could barely walk up and down stairs without considerable pain before surgery. Afterward I walked up stairs with no pain. I did not need any pain meds. and 8 wks later I am doing great!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Koijan Kainth, MD?
I had sudden onset of constant and severe pain in my right leg x 2 mos. My diagnosis was L4/L5 arthritis with protruding disc. When I saw Dr Kainth, he was so kind and patient, answering all my pre-op questions. I asked him how soon the pain would go away post-op. He told me it would be gone the next day. He did a great job on my back. I would never choose anyone else but him. He was correct, no pain the next day! 100% better. I trust him completely. He is a very good surgeon & so caring .
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Kainth?

Insurance accepted

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Advantage HMO
Blue Choice
Preferred PPO

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Kainth treats patients.