Dr. Kjell Youngren, MD

Dr. Youngren
Telehealth services available

Urology Group of New Jersey

290 Madison Ave Ste 5 Morristown, NJ 07960

Dr. Kjell Youngren, MD is a Urology Specialist in Morristown, NJ and has over 28 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons medical school in 1994. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Cooperman Barnabas Medical Center and Morristown Medical Center. He has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Youngren to book an appointment.

Compare with other Urology Specialists

Compare Dr. Youngren with our nearby Urology Specialists at Cooperman Barnabas Medical Center.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Cooperman Barnabas Medical Center.

Dr. Youngren's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Youngren

4.1

4.25531914893617%

Dr. Youngren

Good staff, they were very apologetic for his lateness.... And during COVID-19 he seemed sick...!
  • Long wait times
Not happy – Jan 03, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kjell Youngren, MD?
Not sure why anyone would recommend this dr. My father who went to him yesterday waited over an hr and then rushed through a procedure because the dr was leaving for the day. Not an hr later my father was rushed to the hospital because he couldn’t urinate. Any dr who tell his patient have a good while his back is turned walking away clearly is a fake.
  • Long wait times
Nov 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kjell Youngren, MD?
This doctor is simple put: OUTSTANDING!!! Brilliant Caring Kind Sharp These are just a few adjectives that describe this excellent urologist !! He gives you the time that You need to explain the medical situation you find yourself in Highly highly recommended!!
Dr GJV – Sep 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kjell Youngren, MD?
It is a rare and valuable pleasure to find a physician, much less a specialist, who reads your chart in advance, walks into the room and knows who you are, and then spends more time with you than you expected covering medical topics you never knew to ask. I've not been treated by such a thorough and caring physician since my childhood. I learned Dr. Youngren left the corporate medical conglomerate money rat race practice I chose to leave in search of a more satisfying career. It was a coincidence. The practice I left merged into a mammoth group where they no longer answer the phone, don't return calls, leave curt messages to call without providing a prompt, and treat you with arrogance. I hand wrote a personal note to my former urologist relating my experience. He did not reply. I found Dr. Youngren and am pleased with his experience and obvious continuing education knowledge.
Mark Silber – Aug 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kjell Youngren, MD?
Great doctor and staff , had to see them for a "uncomfortable conversation " to me at least, I was put totally at ease by the doctor and his nurse. If you are a little up in age and things aren't working like they used to this is the Dr. to see.
Paulie – Mar 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kjell Youngren, MD?
Dr. Youngren was patient and professional when it came to treating my husband’s emergency. He explained procedures fully and treated him with care. Couldn’t ask for a better first visit.
BH – Jan 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kjell Youngren, MD?
Dr. Youngren is the consummate professional. He is patient focused, extremely knowledgeable, very detailed, and responds immediately to patient needs.
Dennis Pallozzi – Aug 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kjell Youngren, MD?
I visited so many specialist through out my life and this is by far one of the best. Straight to the point, knowledgeable and professional , I recommend Dr. Youngren anytime he staff is very friendly and professional.
Cesar Rizik – May 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kjell Youngren, MD?
I have seen Dr. Youngren for a number of years to monitor an aging prostate. I recently had a recurring UTI which he suspected may be related to a bladder stone. Upon cystoscopy, he located a jackstone and successfully broke it up with a laser and removed it during an outpatient surgical procedure. Minor 1 day discomfort, no pain, and no bleeding after the procedure. He has always been a very professional and thorough specialist with an excellent, caring 'bedside manner.' Frank and honest answers when questioned. He gives patients the time they need which means at times, his schedule may be delayed. I have had an occasion or two where my case needed 'extra time,' and I greatly appreciated being afforded the professional courtesy and attention I received. When I've asked medical/technical questions, Dr. Youngren has always discussed answers in both a medical and vernacular manner to fully satisfy my curiosity. His staff are highly competent, professional, and personable.
Joe – Mar 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kjell Youngren, MD?
Dr. Youngren is a fine doctor! He is kind, considerate and very professional. His office staff are very helpful and caring. He helped me through a Kidney Stone attack and has gone out of his way to take care of my needs even after hours.
HNH – Feb 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kjell Youngren, MD?
I have been going to Dr Youngren for years, He is and always will be the doctor I go to, His staff is exceptional and friendly, and the Doctor is someone who you can actually talk to without a rush, Sometimes I wait a little bit but i realize he talks and spends time with his patients like myself, to answer all questions I have, He doesn't beat around, I never feel rushed and thanks to Dr. Youngren my health is great for my age, he is another piece to puzzle, and even did a vasectomy, which was exceptional and was back on my feet in no time.
greg tannenbaum – Jul 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kjell Youngren, MD?
Dr. Youngren is an exceptional doctor who I would highly recommend. He doesn't rush thru the appt & takes the time needed to listen to your concerns & answer your questions. His approach is very "matter-of-fact" & his expertise & bedside manner are top notch.
Cindy Otte – Apr 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kjell Youngren, MD?
The worst experience of my life. His vasectomy caused severe debilitating pain that has taken over 5 years of my life, amounting to a loss of job, loss of marriage, loss of libido. He will tell you vasectomy won't change anything. The day of your procedure his assistant will provide a consent form with all the complications possible for you to sign 2 minutes before he comes in, all things he never discussed in the consultation. Do not get a vasectomy, especially w/ him. Postvasectomypainsyndrome
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Tom in Morristown, New Jersey – Apr 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kjell Youngren, MD?
Hi I have a unique pelvic pain issue that has lasted quite awhile, partly because many doctors I'd seen had just dismissed me, not wanting to deal with my case . I was fortunate to meet Dr Youngren as he was recommended to me by my Physical Therapist, Zarina Vitebsky. Dr Youngren listened to my whole story, and re-input my pain history thoroughly. He is very patient and kind. The staff is pleasant and it is always easy to get an urgent appointment if needed! I highly recommend him!
Kathy Doherty in NJ – Feb 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kjell Youngren, MD?
Dr Youngren is an exceptional doctor, the best I have ever experienced. I can't say enough about the extensive time he took listening to me, asking pertinent questions and explaining in detail his prognosis and resolution. I had a UTI for 6 months. My previous urologist prescribed several different antibiotics but the problem was not resolved. Dr Youngren suggested a creme that has been nothing short of a miracle. The UTI is gone and has not recurred for almost a year. I highly recommended him
Marilyn Dawson – Oct 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kjell Youngren, MD?
My husband saw Dr. Youngren for prostate cancer. Dr. Youngren performed a biopsy of the prostate. We returned a week later for results. We had a 3:00 appt., but didn't see the doctor till 4:30. Dr. Youngren did not explain the long wait. He proceeded to explain the different choices for my husband. When I asked him to explain something, he showed very poor behavior, and seemed angry and annoyed. During the visit he kept yawning and displayed a poor attitude.
Springfield, NJ – Jul 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kjell Youngren, MD?
Very intelligent and diagnosed a problem after asking a bunch of questions and a quick exam. I've been to more than enough doctors to know that he's a great physician. I highly recommend him !
Morristown, NJ – May 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kjell Youngren, MD?
Dr. Youngren and staff were very helpful, friendly, and knowledgable. Dr. Youngren did a very good job removing my kidney stones. Definitely, recommend Dr. Youngren for the best healthcare possible.
Hellen H in Lithonia, GA – Aug 17, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kjell Youngren, MD?
I think if you don’t go see Dr. Youngren, even if just as a second opinion, youre really missing out on a whole different level of healthcare. Ive had problems & chronic pain for so long that had only been getting worse & worse until I saw him. He spent 1.5 hrs listening to & examining me from head-to-toe. I would describe Dr. Youngren as an “old fashion” type of physician with a modern twist. His extensive knowledge of the pelvic floor & medicine was evident. His staff was beyond nice & helpful
Justin J. R. in Westfield, NJ – Jul 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kjell Youngren, MD?
As a female I was very nervous about going to a male urologist. Dr. Youngren made me feel comfortable and at ease. His knowledge and compassion are both equally important to me.
Ann P. in Morris Plains, NJ – May 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kjell Youngren, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Youngren?
Provider explaining information to patient