Dr. Kirk T. Mendez, MD

Dr. Kirk T. Mendez, MD

33 reviews

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 42 years old

Welcome to Bone and Joint Specialists. We are pleased to have you as a patient, and we are committed to providing you the highest quality Orthopaedic care. During your evaluation please ask any questions at any time. Thank you very much for your time. As our patient, you are very special to us. To ensure the best possible results, we encourage you to share responsibility in your own recovery through a partnership with our team. We will provide the best medical and rehabilitation care possible and encourage you to dedicate yourself to completely achieving your goals.Read more

Bone and Joint Specialists

Dr. Mendez's Experience

See how Dr. Mendez's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Mendez

Dr. Mendez accepts 20 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 7 hospitals where Dr. Mendez has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Mendez
Dr. Mendez's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (31)
in las vegas, nv |
Dr. Mendez is the master of patient care, both in the office and in the OR. He clearly explains everything he is doing in terms I can understand, and uses the xrays, old and new, for comparisons. He listened to my concerns, asked appropriate probing questions, and made sure my questions were addressed to my satisfaction, again, in terms I could understand. Can't ask for more than that in a surgeon.
in Las Vegas, NV |
My knee surgery by Dr Mendez was a overwhelmingly positive experience. The entire staff at both Dr. Mendez's office and Mt. View hospital was efficient and professional. The care felt personal and the environment was happy and positive. If I had realized how easy it would be, I'd have done it much sooner!
in Las Vegas, NV |
I was referred to dr. Mendez by th er and will never go there again. It took over a week to see him, he was reluctant to sign any paperwork and appeared to believe all I wanted were drugs. After an MRI he determined it was not my imagination, I was really injured. He gave me an exercise to do and seemed reluctant to send me to therapy. I did everything possible to return to work. However, I still have pain and will live with it until I have an opportunity to see someone else.
in North Las Vegas, NV |
Overall the experience was great, in regards to Dr. Mendez and his staff. Highly recommended.
in Las Vegas |
I had a rotator cuff repair at a different location that had complications. That physician referred me to Dr. Kirk Mendez for continuing care. Dr. Mendez was confident, precise and explained everything thoroughly. After he performed surgery I was able to move my arm without pain very quickly and with very little physical therapy. As a 45 year old computer engineer my sports life was not a top priority. I had just about given up on my shoulder being pain free but now I have full function! Thanks
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Mendez performed surgery on my son's knee (ACL) in 2013, his bedside manner is EXCELLENT! This was my sons first surgery so needless to say we were all nervous. He made us feel comfortable from the beginning! Everyone in the office is nice, and provides excellent customer service. Dr.Mendez and his team and took the time to speak with us, we never felt rushed. Highly recommended. My son's knee feels great.
in Las Vegas, NV |
My 17 year old son had a torn labrum and Dr. Mendez operated on him this past July. The care he showed my son and the follow-up visits were extraordinary. Dr. Mendez was referred to us by another orthopedist who said he would have no surgeon other than Dr. Mendez operate on his family if a shoulder was involved. I'm glad we took his advice.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Excellent , caring doctor. Spends time listening and did a great job at explaining in regular terms the problem with me knee. He was able to get me back to running pain free without any surgery! I recommend him to family and friends. Also heard he is great at shoulders too.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Mendez is simply the best! I had a really bad knee injury a year ago and had to have my knee reconstructed. Dr. Mendez reconstructed my ACL, PCL , and MCL, as well as repaired my meniscus. Less than a year after I completed a half marathon and my knee felt great. Thanks! I recommend him to friends and family.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Overall I was very happy with my experience at his office. He spent time with me and his staff was very helpful. Everything was explained to me and my knee pain has resolved. Thank you! I will recommend to family and friends.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Overall fantastic Doctor in all aspects. Very happy with result of my knee replacement. Thank you
in Las Vegas, NV |
4 months a lot of tests and I had to suggest EVERYTHING requested a knee brace and was told my knee was too big? They are custom made and he agreed if I used his provider... Hum Kristy his nurse was so busy talking about lunch she ordered the prescription wrong check out yelp reviews they are more accurate Dr. Mendez did call after I complained to the office manager here is the conversation I hear your not happy , maybe you should find another dr Believe me anyone would be better then him
Have you seen Dr. Kirk T. Mendez, MD?
Are you Dr. Mendez?

Compare Dr. Mendez

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Mendez at Bone and Joint Specialists

Dr. Mendez's Care Philosophy

Dr. Mendez's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Mendez has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

Why It Matters: Dr. Mendez's Board Certifications

• Chondrocalcinosis
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

Baylor University

Completed in 2007

Barry University

Graduated in 1997

Dr. Mendez does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mendez and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Non-Surgical Orthopedics