Dr. Kirk Mendez, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Kirk Mendez, MD
Dr. Kirk Mendez, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Las Vegas, NV. He is 42 years old and has been practicing for 16 years. Dr. Mendez is affiliated with Centennial Hills Hospital Medical Center, Valley Hospital Medical Center, Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center, University Medical Center of Southern Nevada, Summerlin Hospital Medical Center and St. Rose Dominican, San Martin Campus.

Dr. Mendez's Care Philosophy

Welcome to Bone and Joint Specialists. We are pleased to have you as a patient, and we are committed to providing you the highest quality Orthopaedic care. During your evaluation please ask any questions at any time. Thank you very much for your time. As our patient, you are very special to us. To ensure the best possible results, we encourage you to share responsibility in your own recovery through a partnership with our team. We will provide the best medical and rehabilitation care possible and encourage you to dedicate yourself to completely achieving your goals.

Dr. Mendez's Experience

See how Dr. Mendez's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Mendez

Dr. Mendez accepts 20 insurance carriers

Dr. Mendez is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 6 hospitals where Dr. Mendez has admitting privileges.

Dr. Mendez's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mendez to family and friends
    4.5
    Dr. Mendez's Performance
    in Las Vegas, NV |
    Quality, Ethics and charm. Dr. Mendez has a way of making an injured person feel at ease. He explains in detail step by step the directions they will be following. My first and only choice.
    in Las Vegas, NV |
    He replaced both of my knees last year. Pain free and wish I would have done it sooner!
    in Las Vegas, NV |
    I had knee pain for a while in my knee. I didn't know who to go see but a friend told me about Dr Mendez. He had done a surgery for her and recommended Dr Mendez. I could not have been happier I got right in and he told me of the things I could do before I would probably knee replacements. It ended up I needed one and 3 years later I needed the other. I feel blessed to have Dr Mendez as my surgeon. I have 2 new knees and am very happy. Thank you Dr Mendez.
    in Las Vegas, NV |
    Friendly, great bedside manner. I wish other doctors were like him.
    in Las Vegas, NV |
    It was such a pleasure to be treated by Dr. Mendez. No long wait in the waiting room and he spent plenty of time talking to me and discussing treatment options. A++
    in las vegas, nevada |
    I had knee replacement surgery by Dr. Mendez 3 months ago and am very happy. The whole process was much easier than I thought it would be. I should've had my knee replaced sooner.
    in Las Vegas, nevada |
    Dr. Mendez repaired my mother's hip fracture. He did a great job in every aspect from the initial visit, performing the surgery, and followup visits. She is back walking without pain and is independent again. He also treated my husband's knee and I cant say enough how good he is.
    in las vegas, nv |
    Dr. Mendez is the master of patient care, both in the office and in the OR. He clearly explains everything he is doing in terms I can understand, and uses the xrays, old and new, for comparisons. He listened to my concerns, asked appropriate probing questions, and made sure my questions were addressed to my satisfaction, again, in terms I could understand. Can't ask for more than that in a surgeon.
    in Las Vegas, NV |
    My knee surgery by Dr Mendez was a overwhelmingly positive experience. The entire staff at both Dr. Mendez's office and Mt. View hospital was efficient and professional. The care felt personal and the environment was happy and positive. If I had realized how easy it would be, I'd have done it much sooner!
    in Las Vegas, NV |
    I'm very pleased that I was referred to Dr Mendez by my family doctor. My knee had been bothering me about a month and really limiting my activities. He diagnosed my problem quickly and sent me to physical therapy. I noticed steady improvement and am now back to my usual activities. Even better was that I avoided surgery which was recommended right away by another local surgeon. I'm glad I saw Dr Mendez fir a second opinion.
    in Las Vegas, NV |
    I was referred to dr. Mendez by th er and will never go there again. It took over a week to see him, he was reluctant to sign any paperwork and appeared to believe all I wanted were drugs. After an MRI he determined it was not my imagination, I was really injured. He gave me an exercise to do and seemed reluctant to send me to therapy. I did everything possible to return to work. However, I still have pain and will live with it until I have an opportunity to see someone else.
    in North Las Vegas, NV |
    Overall the experience was great, in regards to Dr. Mendez and his staff. Highly recommended.
    in Las Vegas, NV |
    My 17 year old son had a torn labrum and Dr. Mendez operated on him this past July. The care he showed my son and the follow-up visits were extraordinary. Dr. Mendez was referred to us by another orthopedist who said he would have no surgeon other than Dr. Mendez operate on his family if a shoulder was involved. I'm glad we took his advice.
    in Las Vegas, NV |
    Overall I was very happy with my experience at his office. He spent time with me and his staff was very helpful. Everything was explained to me and my knee pain has resolved. Thank you! I will recommend to family and friends.
    in Las Vegas, NV |
    Overall fantastic Doctor in all aspects. Very happy with result of my knee replacement. Thank you
    in Las Vegas, NV |
    4 months a lot of tests and I had to suggest EVERYTHING requested a knee brace and was told my knee was too big? They are custom made and he agreed if I used his provider... Hum Kristy his nurse was so busy talking about lunch she ordered the prescription wrong check out yelp reviews they are more accurate Dr. Mendez did call after I complained to the office manager here is the conversation I hear your not happy , maybe you should find another dr Believe me anyone would be better then him
    Have you seen Dr. Kirk Mendez, MD?
    Are you Dr. Mendez?

Dr. Mendez's Care Philosophy

Dr. Mendez's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Mendez has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

Why It Matters: Dr. Mendez's Board Certifications

• Chondrocalcinosis
    • Clavicle Fracture
    • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
    • Elbow Bursitis
    • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
    • Femur Fracture
    • Foot Fracture
    • Foot Sprain
    • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
    • Glenoid Labrum Tear
    • Knee Dislocation
    • Knee Fracture
    • Knee Injuries
    • Knee Sprain
    • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
    • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
    • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
    • Lumbar Spine Fracture

Baylor University

Completed in 2007

Barry University

Graduated in 1997

Dr. Mendez does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mendez and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sports Medicine