Dr. Kirk Caddell, MD

Dr. Kirk Caddell, MD

General Surgery  |
Dr. Kirk Caddell, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Amory, MS. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 6 years. Read his story

1127 Earl Frye Blvd # B

Amory, MS 38821

• CHAMPVA
  • CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Caddell

See how frequently Dr. Caddell performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Gastrointestinal Diseases
Benign Tumor
Abdominal Disorders

Dr. Caddell's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Caddell's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Caddell "I dreamed of being a surgeon from a very young age and consider myself blessed to be practicing true general surgery in this wonderful rural community. My family and I enjoy really getting to know the people in our community and I like developing real relationships with my patients, something that is far more difficult in a large city. Despite being in a rural setting, we offer a broad array of leading surgical modalities, from laparoscopic to robotic surgery options. I trained in these areas at a leading surgical center (UNC Chapel Hill), and was excited that I would be able to continue to offer these proven options to reduce patient recovery times and better treat everything from hernias to colon cancers. I am especially excited that our practice (Amory Surgery Clinic) and Gilmore Memorial Hospital are able to work well together and implement programs that work to benefit patients. We recently introduced an Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) program for our colorectal surgery patients, aimed at further reducing length of stay in the hospital and speeding recovery while reducing pain. Additionally, we have launched a Heartburn Center in coordination with our Gastroenterology colleagues, designed to offer a comprehensive approach to reflux management, from medicine and endoscopic therapies to surgical intervention, including innovative therapies such as LINX for reflux."

This content was provided by Dr. Caddell "Surgery can be one of the scariest undertakings in a patients life. The prospect of the unknown creates anxiety and there is the postoperative recovery that takes them away from their normal routine and interrupts family and work activities. I work hard to make sure that a patient is well educated about their disease/problem, and that I thoroughly explain how a procedure is performed, the risks involved, and the expected postoperative recovery course. This approach helps to ease some of this anxiety and helps the patient to become an active participant in the process of their own treatment and recovery. I also seek to understand the factors that may impact a patients ability to recover well from surgery, including other diseases such as diabetes or hypertension, and craft strategies with the patient and their family for addressing these challenges so their impact is minimized."

• General Surgery
  • Breast Surgical Oncology
  • Colon & Rectal Surgery
  • Dermatologic Surgery
  • Pediatric Surgery
  • Robotic Surgery
  • Surgery

Dr. Caddell does not have any board certifications listed.

• Abdominal Disorders
  • Endocrine Cancer
  • Epidermoid Carcinoma
  • Esophageal Cancer
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Gastroenterologic Cancer (Colon, Stomach, Esophageal, Liver)
  • Gland Cancer
  • Osteosarcoma of the Breast
  • Paralytic Ileus
  • Pediatric Cancer
  • Pediatric Hernia
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Pre-Invasive Breast Cancer

• Hemicolectomy
  • Hernia Repair
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Biopsy
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Colectomy
  • Ultrasound-Guided Biopsy
  • Wound Repair
  • da Vinci® Colectomy
  • da Vinci® Gallbladder Removal

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Mississippi.

• OR HLTH SCI UNIV SCH OF MED
    Medical School | Graduated 2011
  • University of North Carolina Hospitals
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2012
  • University of North Carolina Hospitals
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2016
  • University of Texas, San Antonio
    Other Education | Completed 2003

Dr. Caddell has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Caddell has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Caddell does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Caddell and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Caddell's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Caddell to family and friends
Dr. Caddell's Performance
Vernon, AL |
We have received excellent care from Dr. Caddell & his staff. He is very prompt & precise in his patient care. His office staff is wonderful in taking care of a patient's needs also. This meeting of Dr.Caddell came by way of an emergency, but we couldn't have chosen a better doctor. Thank you Dr. Cadell & staff for your care & concern for us while we were under your care.
in Bellefontaine Ms |
My Daughter was seen by Dr,Caddell,i was very impressed by the care she recieved,he was very good to explain everything to her,you could tell he cared about his paitents,he had to remove a lump in my daughtes breast at the hospital he was aslo very careing at explaining things,the staff at his clinic was also very careing,i live in Bellefontaine Ms,i would come here to amory for careing people like the ones at Dr Caddells office,,,
in Hodges ,AL |
I have used Dr. Caddell for two of my surgeries and he was very thorough and great at helping my husband and I at any information and questions we needed answered. I highly recommend him.
Vernon, AL |
I had two inguinal hernia repairs performed by Dr. Cadell. One open and one robotic. I was very pleased with all my office visits as well as my time at the hospital for surgery. He is very detailed in explained procedures and is happy to spend alot of time answering questions unlike most doctors. I would recommend Dr. Cadell to anyone seeking a talented and trustworthy general surgeon.
in Nettleton, MS |
I am very satisfied with the care I have been given. Dr. Caddell and his staff are wonderful
Amory, MS |
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Caddell and his staff. The staff was courteous and caring, always accommodating if I needed to change an appointment or ask a question. Dr. Caddell was also warm and caring, and excellent at explaining treatment options. He always answered every question I asked fully. He never made me feel like he was trying to rush me out of the room. Overall, my experience here was excellent.
in Columbus, MS |
Very caring and interested in my symptoms . Called and checked on me personally after my surgery. Answered all my questions where I could understand what was going on with my pain. Can't say enough good things about him.
in aberdeen, ms |
Dr. Caddell was a God sent!!!!! Very compassionate, kind, patient and understanding. When I was having problems he never hesitated to talk with me over the phone and when I needed to come to the office I was able to get right in. Dr. Caddell was very thorough, and always willing to listen, came in the room and took a seat as if I was the only patient he had to see. Excellent staff always willing to help, friendly and very courteousness. Thanks again Dr. Caddell and Staff!!!!!!!
Have you seen Dr. Kirk Caddell, MD?
Are you Dr. Caddell?

Visit Dr. Caddell

Dr. Caddell accepts 17 insurance carriers
  • CHAMPVA
  • CoreSource
  • HealthSmart
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Universal American