Dr. Kirk Caddell, MD

General Surgery | Male

Amory Surgery Clinic 1127 Earl Frye Blvd # B Amory, MS 38821 Get Directions
Dr. Kirk Caddell, MD
I dreamed of being a surgeon from a very young age and consider myself blessed to be practicing true general surgery in this wonderful rural community. My family and I enjoy really getting to know the people in our community and I like developing real relationships with my patients, something that is far more difficult in a large city. Despite being in a rural setting, we offer a broad array of leading surgical modalities, from laparoscopic to robotic surgery options. I trained in these areas at a leading surgical center (UNC Chapel Hill), and was excited that I would be able to continue to offer these proven options to reduce patient recovery times and better treat everything from hernias to colon cancers. I am especially excited that our practice (Amory Surgery Clinic) and Gilmore Memorial Hospital are able to work well together and implement programs that work to benefit patients. We recently introduced an Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) program for our colorectal surgery patients, aimed at further reducing length of stay in the hospital and speeding recovery while reducing pain. Additionally, we have launched a Heartburn Center in coordination with our Gastroenterology colleagues, designed to offer a comprehensive approach to reflux management, from medicine and endoscopic therapies to surgical intervention, including innovative therapies such as LINX for reflux.

Dr. Caddell's Care Philosophy

Surgery can be one of the scariest undertakings in a patients life. The prospect of the unknown creates anxiety and there is the postoperative recovery that takes them away from their normal routine and interrupts family and work activities. I work hard to make sure that a patient is well educated about their disease/problem, and that I thoroughly explain how a procedure is performed, the risks involved, and the expected postoperative recovery course. This approach helps to ease some of this anxiety and helps the patient to become an active participant in the process of their own treatment and recovery. I also seek to understand the factors that may impact a patients ability to recover well from surgery, including other diseases such as diabetes or hypertension, and craft strategies with the patient and their family for addressing these challenges so their impact is minimized.

Dr. Caddell's Experience

See how Dr. Caddell's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Caddell

Dr. Caddell accepts 17 insurance carriers

Dr. Caddell is now accepting new patients
Amory Surgery Clinic, pLLC1127 Earl Frye Blvd # B
Amory, MS 38821
(662) 256-3333Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Caddell has admitting privileges.

Dr. Caddell's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Caddell to family and friends
Dr. Caddell's Performance
in Hodges ,AL |
I have used Dr. Caddell for two of my surgeries and he was very thorough and great at helping my husband and I at any information and questions we needed answered. I highly recommend him.
Vernon, AL |
I had two inguinal hernia repairs performed by Dr. Cadell. One open and one robotic. I was very pleased with all my office visits as well as my time at the hospital for surgery. He is very detailed in explained procedures and is happy to spend alot of time answering questions unlike most doctors. I would recommend Dr. Cadell to anyone seeking a talented and trustworthy general surgeon.
in Nettleton, MS |
I am very satisfied with the care I have been given. Dr. Caddell and his staff are wonderful
Amory, MS |
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Caddell and his staff. The staff was courteous and caring, always accommodating if I needed to change an appointment or ask a question. Dr. Caddell was also warm and caring, and excellent at explaining treatment options. He always answered every question I asked fully. He never made me feel like he was trying to rush me out of the room. Overall, my experience here was excellent.
in Columbus, MS |
Very caring and interested in my symptoms . Called and checked on me personally after my surgery. Answered all my questions where I could understand what was going on with my pain. Can't say enough good things about him.
in aberdeen, ms |
Dr. Caddell was a God sent!!!!! Very compassionate, kind, patient and understanding. When I was having problems he never hesitated to talk with me over the phone and when I needed to come to the office I was able to get right in. Dr. Caddell was very thorough, and always willing to listen, came in the room and took a seat as if I was the only patient he had to see. Excellent staff always willing to help, friendly and very courteousness. Thanks again Dr. Caddell and Staff!!!!!!!
Have you seen Dr. Kirk Caddell, MD?
Are you Dr. Caddell?

Compare Dr. Caddell

Dr. Caddell says...

Dr. Caddell's Care Philosophy

Dr. Caddell's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in General Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Mississippi not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Mississippi.

• Abdominal Disorders
  • Ductal Carcinoma in Situ
  • Endocrine Cancer
  • Epidermoid Carcinoma
  • Gallstones
  • Gastroenterologic Cancer (Colon, Stomach, Esophageal, Liver)
  • Gland Cancer
  • Osteosarcoma of the Breast
  • Paralytic Ileus
  • Pediatric Cancer
  • Pediatric Hernia
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Pre-Invasive Breast Cancer

Completed in 2016

• Other Education
    University of Texas, San Antonio

Completed in 2003

Dr. Caddell does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Caddell and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• General Surgery