Internal Medicine  |
Dr. Kimberly Wood, MD
Dr. Kimberly Wood, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in Joplin, MO. She is 62 years old and has been practicing for 36 years. Dr. Wood is affiliated with Mercy Hospital Joplin and Freeman West.

2615 E 20th St

• HealthLink

Learn about Dr. Wood

Dr. Wood's Experience

Dr. Wood's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Missouri.

• Univ Of Ok Coll Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1981
  • Good Samaritan Reg Med Center

Dr. Wood has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Wood does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wood and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Wood's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wood to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Wood's Performance
    GOOD
in Cassville, Mo. |
I have been a patient of Dr. woods for 16 years. I have never known Dr. wood to sugar anything, she will tell you everything like it is. She is very kind, and very compasionit And she just like us who come to see her...she gets hurt to. Yes she is a good Dr.--go and see her
Branson, MO |
I had no problem with the doctor or the nurse practitioner; however, the nurse that you must see is rude and inappropriate. I do not care what her political views are, I do not want her opinions on welfare or Obamacare. The wait time is ridiculous, and I am almost positive the billing is incorrect because it never matched up with my insurance statements.
in Harlingen, TX |
I have been seeing Dr. Wood for over 15 years and she is a very good and professional MD. She does not rush you in and out like some; but takes the time to discuss your medical needs and plans for treatment of whatever your needs are. Even after moving about 1,000 miles away I return for an annual checkup every summer.
Joplin, mo |
Do not go to this doctor. The nurse is very unprofessional. I needed medical attention but did not receive any medical attention, no treatment, no refills, NOTHING!!!! I was in the office for 3 hours. I had to pay $158 dollars for what. I didn't see the doctor, just the nurse practitioner, which was very rude and did not communicate with me. Too busy typing in the computer and didn't hear a word I said. I did not get a shot, NOT ANYTHING. They robbed me of my hard earned money.
in Southwest, MO |
Been a patient 20 years & her practice has slid downhill most of that. Her office manager is impossible to deal with. 2 years back Dr Wood suddenly changed my heart meds & triggered heart rhythm/low BP issues. She ran lots of tests for nothing & sent me to a new cardiologist who said SHE was the problem. He cut my meds in half and returned a missing med. Can't keep good staff. New office is so acoustically poor patients can hear private info discussed from the waiting room. Scripts take days.
in Galena, KS |
My elderly parents are Dr. Wood's patients and I have taken them to a few appointments. Each time the wait time in the waiting room has been more than an hour and then 20-30 min. more in the exam room. She has them seeing her at least once a month or more for "routine" visits, I even witnessed at least once when my father took in a form for her to sign and he (medicare) was charged an office visit. Her demeanor is condescending and rude if asked any questions. I have urged my parents to change!
in Joplin, MO |
Office is highly disorganized. It is hard to get through by phone. Claims take a month or longer to be submitted to insurance.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Wood is a very nice lady. I went in with sever digestive problems. No tests were done to figure out the source. She did listen to me but instead of doing tests she jumped straight to putting me on pills. The problem still percists and i am trying to get in touch with her or a nurse for futher diagnosis but no one will return calls. I am going else where
Have you seen Dr. Kimberly Wood, MD?
Are you Dr. Wood?