Dr. Kimberly Vanderveen, MD

Dr. Kimberly Vanderveen, MD

General Surgery  |

Dr. Kimberly Vanderveen, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Denver, CO. She is 42 years old and has been practicing for 16 years. Dr. Vanderveen is affiliated with Rose Medical Center.

Denver Center For Endocrine Surgery PC

4500 E 9th Ave Ste 150

Denver, CO 80220

• Cofinity

Learn about Dr. Vanderveen

My goal is to make the surgical experience personal and compassionate, and minimize the impact of surgery on my patients' lives. I believe in an evidence-based, team approach and individualized patient care. We promote the most advanced technology and minimally invasive techniques, to ensure quality outcomes.

Dr. Vanderveen's Experience

Dr. Vanderveen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in General Surgery

• Myelodysplastic Syndromes
  • Myeloproliferative Disorders
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Disease
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Tumor: Other than Malignant
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Secondary Hypertension

• Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
  • Appendectomy, Laparoscopic
  • Appendectomy, Open
  • Colectomy
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Gallbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy), Laparoscopic
  • Hepatectomy
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparotomy
  • Thoracentesis
  • Thyroid Surgery
  • Thyroidectomy
  • Thyroidectomy or Thyroid Lobectomy

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2008
  • Mayo Medical School
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009

• Alpha Omega Alpha National Medical Honor Society, 2001

Dr. Vanderveen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Vanderveen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Vanderveen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Rose Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Vanderveen is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Vanderveen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Vanderveen to family and friends
Dr. Vanderveen's Performance
in Lakewood, Co |
Dr. Vanderveen and her staff deserve a zillion stars. I had thyroid surgery 2 weeks ago and have experienced little to no pain. Feeling better now than in years. You cannot find a better surgeon. I was able to eat dinner just hours afterwards, had her personal number for when I had questions–which I did and she responded promptly and I have been treated like royalty by her, her staff and the Rose hospital staff. I could not be more pleased and cannot recommend her highly enough.
Denver, CO |
I couldn't have asked for a better surgeon and office staff. She is great at what she does and takes time to help you fully understand.
Colorado Springs, CO |
I saw Dr. Vanderveen for the first time. She was very sweet and extremely thorough. She took a lot of time to explain my condition and my options. I also like that she is conservative and doesn't rush to do biopsies or surgery. If I have to have surgery at some point, I would feel confident in her doing it.
in Arvada, CO |
Speaking as the spouse of a patient, Dr. Vandeveen is great! She explained every detail to me as well as the patient and kept me completely updated during the procedure. Her skills are well known to the metro Denver medical community. She is never rushed with a patient and also has a great staff in her office. She also grows her own potatoes! That can't be bad can it!
Denver, CO |
Dr Vanderveen is exceptional. Could not speak higher of her! She stepped in for me when two endocrinologists and a family care doc kept telling me I had a goiter. She removed my thyroid - leaving barely a scar (that since I have had another surgeon who has raved at the skill involved) and, once removed it turned out there was thyroid cancer in what all others were saying was "just a goiter." From bedside manner, to compassion, to surgical skill -- A+++++++
in Denver, CO |
I highly recommend Dr. Vanderveen as a surgeon. She is compassionate, caring, informative, timely, attentive and extremely knowledgeable. Her office staff is great too!
Thank you so much for the kind words! We will be sure to share this with Dr. Vanderveen.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
At my first visit, I was very impressed with the thoroughness of my exam. After reviewing all of my records, Dr. Vanderveen agreed that my thyroid should be removed. I had the surgery one month ago, and it was a very positive experience. Unlike my previous thyroid surgery, I had NO complications! I was talking, eating, and drinking within hours of the surgery. Dr. Vanderveen is positive, compassionate, and an outstanding surgeon. Check her out…She is exceptional!
Thank you for the positive feedback! We appreciate the kind words.
in Strasburg, CO |
Wonderful experience with doctor and entire staff. I had been struggling for some time not feeling well and endo specialists I was recommended to was not someone I will ever go to again. My insurance does not require referrals so I researched several endo surgeons and decided on Dr Vanderveen. Started with a wonderful experience which included full explanations and answers to all my questions. Have never felt rushed with my questions or confusion from previous doctors explanations. AWESOME!
in Englewood, CO |
Dr. VanDerveen is amazing. She successfully completed my surgery and helped me throughout my healing process. Her and her team are great. Thank you!
in Golden, CO |
Dr. VanDerveen is thorough and concise. She's able to explain what will happen and why so a layman can understand.
in Englewood CO |
She is fabulous
in Firestone, co |
She made me comfortable about the surgery, I also saw the PA, Ann, she was also great, everything was explained in great detail by both Dr.Kimberly and Ann. surgery went very well, awesome recovery, very caring staff at surgery center, pre and post op. Quick to make me comfortable when I had a little pain and nausea after surgery. I would 100% recommend them to anyone having surgery.
Very satisfied with all aspects of the office, staff, treatment and follow up. Highly recommend.
Have you seen Dr. Kimberly Vanderveen, MD?

Visit Dr. Vanderveen