Dr. Kimberly Sackheim, DO

Pain MedicineFemaleAge 44

Pain Medicine

Dr. Kimberly Sackheim, DO is a Pain Medicine Specialist in New York, NY and has over 17 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Sackheim has extensive experience in Headache. She graduated from NOVA SE UNIV COLL OF OSTEO MED in 2006. She is affiliated with NYU Langone Health Tisch Hospital. Her office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Kimberly Sackheim, DO

NYU Ambulatory Care Center

240 E 38th St New York, NY 10016
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Compare with other Pain Medicine Specialists

Compare Dr. Sackheim with our nearby Pain Medicine Specialists at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center.

Make an appointment at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center today at (212) 235-1531.

These providers are on the medical staff of NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center.

Dr. Sackheim's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Sackheim

She explained everything
I went today to see Dr. Sackheim. I have to admit I’ve seen many doctors. No one has been able to help me. I’ve had multiple ER visits. I’m in daily pain. She was very happy and energetic. She was optimistic and hopeful. She went over all treatment options. She explained everything. I tried injections in the office and I already feel some relief. I feel so thankful to have seen someone who can help me.
She explained everything – Jul 21, 2022
hands of pure gold
Dr. Sackheim has hands of pure gold. I have severe chronic back pains and had several surgeries also problems with my knees. Dr. Sackheim gave me my mobility back and helped to avoid yet another surgery. She does injections like no other doctor I have ever encountered. In addition, she has a very upbeat and friendly personality and she puts you at ease. She explains all your options and comes up with the best treatment plan. Hands down on of the best doctors out there!
hands of pure gold – Mar 31, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kimberly Sackheim, DO?
Highly recommend Dr. Sackheim!
Dr. Sackheim is one of the best doctors I have the pleasure of being treated by. She is caring, compassionate and understanding. She takes her time listening to what you have to say and goes over different options. When she does procedures she makes sure that you are not in pain and explains everything. I have recommended many people to her and they are all happy. Highly recommend Dr. Sackheim!
Mar 07, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kimberly Sackheim, DO?
Lifesaver, one of the best Dr's , very aggessive on my treatments and injections. got my injury turned around in a hurry.
Dominic Pasinella – Jan 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kimberly Sackheim, DO?
AMAZING!!!! LOVE HER. She accepted my insurance, I only had to pay a co-pay, small concierge practice, beautiful office, amazing helpful staff, saw me right when I needed. Very accommodating. Did injection on my first visit.
AMAZING!! – Oct 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kimberly Sackheim, DO?
A rare, truly outstanding physician. Unlike hospital physicians Dr.. Sackheim will not tolerate your pain. She will act immediately and aggressively to bring chronic migraine or other headache miseries under control. She is thoroughly attentive, responds to emails and phone calls and works harder than any doctor I've ever encountered. Just an all around wonderful doctor.
Oct 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kimberly Sackheim, DO?
Dr.Sackheim is the most Dedicated and Caring Doctor who Truly Understands and has Empathy for the pain I have been suffering since 2002. I have 5 spine fusions. Dr Sackheim's Genuine Kindness is shown through her Phenomenal Techniques she uses during her procedures. Dr. Sackheim has been an Amazing Advocate for me dealing with my Pharmacy and Insurance Companies. I Truly Recommend Sackheim for her Brilliant Expertise and Loyalty to assist with your chronic pain.
Allis Dunlavey – Mar 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kimberly Sackheim, DO?
Dr. Sackheim goes above and beyond her call of duty. She understands my condition(s) and continues to treat me accordingly, I have been a patient for 3 years and have zero complaint. She's informative gentle kind and considerate. Dr. Sackheim is a professional, the best at what she does and has a great staff. I whole heartedly recommend her services for anyone suffering with chronic pain. After starting treatments with her I have quality of life again.
Rebecca B – Mar 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kimberly Sackheim, DO?
I've been seeing Dr S for years; saw many NYU drs before her & she's been the most responsive, understanding dr. I had structural issues for yrs but scared to see a dr til I had trouble walking & keeping my job. All drs before told me to take meds for "anxiety which was causing my pain." I met a surgeon referred to me by a pain support group who saw I had serious issues in both hips (I knew anxiety wasn't pain), & convinced me to undergo major surgery. The hip labral tears & resulting arthritis cause pain in my back, right shoulder-going down into my knee & ankle. Surgery helped my gait but pain lingers. Dr S is the only professional to recognize my chronic pain issues & she's helped my knee completely, hip has improved, headaches 100% gone, & pain controlled. I followed her to pvt practice & my costs have actually gone down. I kept my job w/accomodations & I feel SAFE w/her. I sent my daughter to her who has TMJ issues. Trust/safety is key with a Dr and quality of life is paramount!
Kris Caprio – Mar 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kimberly Sackheim, DO?
Very attentive and knowledgeable. Gentle concerning touch. Doesn't want to cause any additional pain or discomfort. Concern is to help you have a better quality of life
Mar 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kimberly Sackheim, DO?
Dr. Sackheim has become nothing more than a script writer. She was an excellent provider at NYU. When she opened her private practice, she agreed to accept my NYU copay. At my second visit, she raised the cost of each 15 minute visit from $45 to $250 because she "has to pay rent". To achieve financial success, she abandoned her real patients to accommodate 15 minute, $250 visits as a script writer.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jan 29, 2020
Mark S. – Jan 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kimberly Sackheim, DO?
Dr. Sackheim is excellent, she has helped with my neck pain and migraines more than any other doctor I've seen! I appreciate everything she has done for me!
Dec 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kimberly Sackheim, DO?
She sweeter then a lolly pop! She really takes the time to figure out pain issues.
Oct 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kimberly Sackheim, DO?
Dr. Sackheim is seriously a godsend to me. I have seen her for a few years now for assorted problems in my low back and neck; she also treats me for migraines. I have never met someone who cares so much about her patients and who goes above and beyond to help them. Every visit she takes the time to actually listen to what I’m saying and come up with options to minimize my pain and discomfort and get me back to my life. She is a dream come true as a doctor and as a person!
Melinda Berger – Sep 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kimberly Sackheim, DO?
Dr. Sackheim is by far the best physician I have ever seen. Dr. Sackheim listens to her patients and treats them as individuals. She has a wonderful way of interacting both verbally and physically treating patients as if they were her family. I have referred several friends to this incredible physician.
Mar 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kimberly Sackheim, DO?
Dr. Sackheim is so precise and efficient, she always does an amazing job with my injections - and listens to any concerns that she will try to adjust to minimize unwanted side effects while managing my pain for months at a time. She’s the best!
MK in Stamford , CT – Feb 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kimberly Sackheim, DO?
My visit with Dr. Sackheim was wonderful! She answered all of my questions and was extremely attentive to my situation. I adore her!
Jan 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kimberly Sackheim, DO?
My visit with Dr. Sackheim is always professional. Dr. Sackheim always appears concerned about her patients. In addition, she is very "down to earth."
Down to earth – Sep 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kimberly Sackheim, DO?
Dr. Sackheim was the first person to properly diagnose my torn shoulder after 3 years of misdiagnosis with another physician. She just listened to my symptoms and felt the area. After years of being made feel like I was making up my pain, Dr. Sackheim gave me hope that I could be functional again. Thank you!
Sep 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kimberly Sackheim, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Sackheim?