Dr. Kianoush Kian, MD

Dr. Kianoush Kian, MD

Ophthalmology  |

Dr. Kian arrived in the Valley in 1994 and in 1997 established the Advanced Laser & Eye Center of Arizona where we currently offer a complete eye care facility complete with a Medicare Certified Ambulatory Surgery Center, one of only a handful of such centers that are still LOCALLY OWNED AND OPERATED in the Valley. We offer Laser Cataract Surgery, Dropless Cataract Surgery, LASIK, PRK as well as Refractive or Clear Lens Exchange with Multifocal and Toric IOL's as well as other Refractive Surgery procedures. We also pride ourselves in same day appointments for all urgent cases, as well as a full service Optical with a full range of frames to meet every budget for the routine eye exam and fashion needs of our patients. We treat the full range of eye problems including Glaucoma and Diabetic Eye Exams. The top student at a small Texas town (Greenville), Dr. Kian attended Southwestern University in Georgetown, Texas where he graduated Suma Cum Laude in Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics. After a brief foray in to pharmaceutical chemistry at McNeil Pharmaceuticals--the manufacturer of Tylenol, and Medipren among other medications, he began medical school at The University of Texas Medical School at San Antonio where he played a major role in educating other medical students, and was involved in research into infectious agents in the eye. He then completed his residency at LSU Medical Center in Shreveport, Louisiana where he presented several papers in national scientific meetings and was involved in research into the characteristics of the cornea and the effects of procedures such as RK and LASIK on the cornea before arriving in Arizona to establish the Advanced Laser & Eye Center of Arizona, where caring for the patient first is our mission, and where other doctors have joined his team to accomplish this goal in the most personalized manner possible. Advanced Laser & Eye Center of Arizona is still locally owned and not sold off to a large venture capital firm like many of its larger competitors and Dr. Kian still personally meets every one of his surgical patients beforehand. We are always amazed by the question that our patients ask of him "are you the one that is going to be doing the surgery?", as if there is any other proper way. We would not want to have eye surgery by some one we never even get to meet, why should our patients?

Advanced Laser & Eye Center of Arizona

3303 E Baseline Rd Ste 104

Gilbert, AZ 85234

• Ameriben
  • Arizona Foundation
  • Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS)
  • Arizona PHCS
  • Avesis
  • Banner Health
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Caremore Medical Group
  • CHAMPVA
  • City of Mesa Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Kian

Our mission is to strive to provide the best possible care to our patients in a friendly and informative atmosphere. We would like our patients to feel valued, in a stress free environment. Our goal is that you understand your condition as well as the treatment for it. We have found that an informed patient is the strongest ally in the treatment of any condition.

Dr. Kian's Experience

Dr. Kian's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Glaucoma Surgery
  • Glaucoma Treatment
  • Refractive Surgery
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Southwestern University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1986
  • University of Texas Medical School At San Antonio
    Medical School | Graduated 1990
  • Brackenridge Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1991
  • Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center Shreveport
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1994

Dr. Kian has no media or publications listed.

• Farsi

Dr. Kian's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kian to family and friends
Dr. Kian's Performance
in Phoenix, AZ |
Deceptive! I had 2 appointments with this office regarding cataract surgery. I was not informed until the second appointment that the surgery would affect my near-seeing to the point that i would need reading glasses. If they had explained this to me sooner, even by phone, I wouldn't have come in for either appointment and therefor saved $60 in copay plus driving time. Once you have insurance covered cataract surgery you'll need to spend $6000 or more for LASIK to correct your nearsightedness.
in Mesa, AZ |
Was skeptical that the laser surgery would help my mother's vision in her left eye, as Dr. Kian mention that the amount of scar tissue to be removed seemed disproportionate to the amount of vision loss. However after one super quick, easy and painless treatment my mother vision is much improved.
in Tempe, AZ |
The doctor told me I had cataracts and then told me how much the surgery would cost for the extra laser and special lens that I would need. I questioned the cost and come to fi d out that 1/2 of it would end up in the doctor's pocket. He's a used car salesman.
Phoenix, AZ |
went to see this facility for an eye exam. Dr Kianoush advised I had a cataract in my left eye, and then proceeded to advise me of all the different finance plans available to finance the surgery. He told me some of it would be paid for by medicare,I felt I was being treated by used car salesman not a professional doctor.As it turned out, I had an exam by a second optomologist who said I had a very beginning of a cataract,I had my prescription updated and as of now my vision is back to normal.
in Gilbert, AZ |
As a diabetic I need to have a thorough eye exam to make sure there is no retina damage and as a cancer patient I need to also ascertain there are no cancer cells in the eye area. Dr. Kian provided me with a very thorough examination confirming my last exam that I had elsewhere gave me lenses a little stronger t Han I needed thereby giving me headaches. The corrected prescription got rid of my headaches and my new glasses are wonderful.
in Gilbert, AZ |
I underwent cataract surgery with Dr. Kian. I was nervous about the procedure but I could tell Dr. Kian was an expert in this field and felt more confident knowing he would perform the procedure. His office is well equipped and the process very organized and streamlined. I was truly surprised how easy it all went and Dr. Kian did an outstanding job. After the surgery I regained nearly all of my distance sight and found even my reading sight improved by at least 40% making me a satisfied patient.
in Queen Creek, AZ |
Very happy with my experience. I had cataract surgery. The part I liked the best was his option of drops or drop less, post op surgery. I chose drop less, can not comment how nice this was. Did not have to worry about anything after my surgery. Drop less medication was given while still in surgery. Awesome experience, very happy with Dr. Kian.
Lakewood, CA |
I always receive extra charges billing about 2 months after each visit with all copays and deductibles already paid up front, very bad tactic.
in Mesa, AZ |
Friendly, patient, and explained everything.
in apache junction az |
best care I ever got dr and staff was excellent
in Mesa, AZ 85205 |
Dr. Kian explained my upcoming cataract surgery very well and I was given written instructions to take home as well. I knew just what to expect. He and his staff are excellent and treated me very well. Everything was done on time and in a very professional manner. I will highly recommend Dr. Kian. Merle White.
in Chandler, AZ |
Wait time is minimal. Very knowledgeable in his field. I had excellent results from cataract surgery on both eyes. Worked well with my insurance company. Cost to me was minimal. All staff was knowledgeable and caring. I will recommend Dr. Kian to anyone. Bob Hayes
Queen Creek, AZ |
Both Dr. Kian and his staff are very friendly and thorough. I would recommend Dr. Kian to my friends and family.
in San Tan Valley, az |
My visit was pleasant and professional. Dr. Kian, was on time, even when lots of patients were in the waiting area. His questions and thorough eye-testing were guided to pinpoint the reason for my visit, and after completed both, he proceeded to explain the treatment that would benefit me greatly. He also successfully picked a great Staff. I was impressed all around by his respect, courtesy, and efficiency, and I am extremely happy that I put my trust in Dr. Kian!
Gilbert, AZ |
I am a long time patient of Dr. Kian. I have seen him for routine exams, eyeglass prescriptions, referrals to specialists, and treatment for cataracts. I am thrilled with the outcome of my cataract surgeries. After 40 years of wearing glasses, my vision has been corrected for distance as well as reading. I cannot imagine anyone being more knowledgeable in his field, skilled, or respectful of his patients than this man.
in Chandler, AZ |
Dr Kian is expertly skilled, knowledgeable, and seasoned in his profession. He has excellent inter-personal skills - he listens, he tells what he is doing, he provides candid feedback. He expresses and demonstrates great care and concern for his patients. His staff is friendly, helpful, informed, and knowledgeable. I think Dr Kian is the best, he saved and improved my vision.
in Tempe, AZ |
Dr. Kian is very personable and thorough is his diagnosis.
in Queen Creek, AZ |
I had an appointment with Dr. Kian and some tests done around the 21st of June. The technicians were unfriendly, the dr. was unfriendly and the receptionist told me I had come at the wrong time even though I had the appointment card with the time they gave me. They said they would contact me within 3-10 days regarding my test results. Eleven working days and two phone calls later, they have still not contacted me. I would never recommend them!! Tomorrow, I will personally pick up my file!!!
in Sun Lakes AZ |
Excellent results from a professional doctor who cares. I would not hesit a test to recommend Dr Kian to any one needing eye surgery
in Chandler, AZ |
I have had problems with my eyes since I was born. When I moved to Az. in 2009, a friend recommended Dr.Kian. He listens & understands my concerns. He takes the time to explain my condition & course of action we can take on a professional level, that as a patient I can understand.. I trust & appreciate Dr, Kian and his staff for going the extra mile each & every time I have an exam or when I've needed surgery,
in Mesa, AZ |
Excellent care each time we visit. Dr. Kian & the members of his team are all very friendly, hard-working people. At one appointment, when I had come in with a specific problem, Dr. Kian spent a great deal of time insuring that the problem was corrected to the last detail. He is always willing to take time to answer questions and discuss my condition. I have found it very easy to schedule urgent appointments when needed. We plan to continue with him as long as he remains in practice!
in Gilbert, AZ |
Dr. Kian has always taken great care of me. He was so very patient explaining surgery and what to expect. His staff is also wonderful. They are efficient and keep things running smoothly.
in Mesa, AZ |
I have been a patient of Dr. Kian for many years. I wouldn't trust anyone else with my eyes!
in Mesa, AZ |
I didn't realize how bad my cataracts were getting until after having the first procedure on my right eye and then I couldn't wait until my left eye was done. It is unbelievable how much better I can see now after 60 years of wearing glasses.
Have you seen Dr. Kianoush Kian, MD?

Visit Dr. Kian

Dr. Kian accepts 30 insurance carriers
  • Ameriben
  • Arizona Foundation
  • Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS)
    Care1st Health Plan Arizona
  • Arizona PHCS
  • Avesis
    Avesis PPO
  • Banner Health
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Caremore Medical Group
  • CHAMPVA
    Great West Healthcare-Cigna
  • City of Mesa Health Plan
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA