Dr. Khushru R. Irani, MD

Dr. Khushru R. Irani, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology | Male | 64 years old

112 reviews| Leave a review

Dr Khushru irani a board certified obstetrician and gynecologist with over 37 years of experience delivers quality care in a compassionate and caring manner.Read more

Dr. Irani's Experience

See how Dr. Irani's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Irani

Dr. Irani accepts 18 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Irani has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Irani
Dr. Irani's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (104)
in Glenville, NY |
Dr. Irani is a wonderful physician and I would highly recommend him to others. I started seeing him 3 years ago when I became pregnant with my first child and have had nothing but positive experiences since. Dr. Irani is supportive and answers any questions or concerns I have thoroughly. He also has a sense of humor which makes it enjoyable to go to every appointment. I have had 2 c-sections done by Dr. Irani and have felt very comfortable with each one. I am very pleased with Dr. Irani.
Troy |
I have been seeing Dr. Irani for 24 years. He gave me my first birth control pills. When I was ready for a family, he helped me deliver two boys. Both pregnancies were complicated involving premature births. He is calm and capable. He is trustworthy and honest. His office and nursing staff are delightful. I have recommend this man many times. He is a soft spoken man who really listens and cares. His care is exceptional because he listens and takes his time with each patient.
in Averill Park, NY |
I have been a patient of Dr. Irani's for 14 years. He delivered my children safely, including one birth that was a bit complicated, and was very calm and reassuring even during stressful moments. He genuinely wants the best for his patients, and I trust his judgement and recommendations. He is more holistic in his approach than many doctors I have seen.
in Schenectady, NY |
I've been going to Dr. Irani for over 10 years now. He takes the time to answer your questions. His care during my pregnancies was very good. He kept me informed and calm. He also adds a bit of humor which is appreciated!
in Schenectady, NY |
I was originally very hesitant to have a male doctor for my pregnancy and deliver. The staff was very reassuring that he was very kind and that our health was his upmost concern. After my first visit I was very comfortable with him and had no reservations about him for our doctor. He was very thorough and took extra precautions just because of mine and my family's health history. I feel like he kept a close and personal eye on my health and that I wasn't just another body at our visits.
in Niskayuna, New York |
Dr. Irani is absolutely amazing! I would give ten stars if I could? I highly recommend him. He is extremely calming, a phenomenal doctor, & the best at what he does. His office is right next to the hospital so he's there immediately if you go into labor. His wife who works with him as well is a sweetheart, the waiting time is quick, and the office staff are beyond friendly. I have now had two c-sections with him and there's no other doctor I would trust more than him or use.
in Scotia,NY |
Dr Irani- I see Mr. more he is excellent always in a good mood. I have had some complications during my pregnancys and he just makes you feel at ease. He preformed 3 of my c -sections he did a excellent job. When you are preparing for surgery you need to have trust in your Dr. he seems to amaze me every time! Thank you for all you do! Your staff is amazing as well.
in Schenectady, NY |
Dr. Irani (and his wife) is an amazing doctor. I was referred to him by a girlfriend of mine when I found out that I was pregnant last year. I'm so thankful I took her advice. Throughout my entire pregnancy he was thorough, patient, understanding and caring. This was my first pregnancy as a civilian, (Air Force Veteran) and I was so nervous. I refer everyone to his team. I can't sing his praises enough!
in Schenectady NY |
This was my first child , and Dr.Irani and his staff at the doctors office and Bellevue Hospital made this the best experience . He knew what he was be was doing , at the same time being very funny, welcoming, and kind my whole pregnancy and during labor. I would highly recommend him to everyone. I'll never forget this experience.
Albany, NY |
As I was telling the secretary I was switching drs ( for my own reasons and frankly none of theirs) the nurse jumps in and asks "why I even showed up to my appt, that could have been an appt for someone else." I'm 8 weeks pregnant and they have yet to find a heartbeat so as u can imagine I was already upset leaving appt. this office has left me with minimal information on multiple occasions and this unprofessionalism that the nurse showed just topped things off. I don't recommend this office
in Schenectady, NY |
Dr. Irani was very informative and positive. I came to him while in my 34th week of pregnancy and I am very happy that I did. I would recommend him to everyone!
Schenectady, NY |
Very experienced and friendly doctor ...
in Hagaman, NY |
Nice and comforting atmosphere in the office, good knowledgeable doctor.
Albany, NY |
Amazing doctor I cant say enough good things about him!
Amsterdam, NY |
Best experience ever delivering my baby. Makes you feel very comfortable and very easy going with good knowledge.
in South Glens Falls, NY |
I've had my second child delivered by Dr. Irani. Switched my doctor 16 weeks into my pregnancy and and I have never had a better experience with a new doctor. Would highly recommend Dr.irani to anyone!! He is amazing!!
in Latham, NY |
Dr. Irani was EXTREMELY rude at my appointment and even months later when I called because my birth control pill was not working correctly. He made everything about my weight (which had been decreasing) but still called me overweight every sentence he used or in regards to my medical history, every problem I had was because I was fat ,even though scientifically they had no relation. Because of my weight he listened to none of my concerns and only looked at me as a number and not a patient.
Clifton Park, NY |
Dr Irani was very good
in Schenectady, NY |
I HAD ALL THREE OF MY CHILDREN DELIVERED BY DR. IRANI AND I MUST SAY, " HE'S THE BEST THERE IS". HE MAKES YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'RE TALKING TO A FAMILY MEMBER, WHICH IS VERY GOOD. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM TO ANY AND EVERYONE.
in DELANSON ny |
I have had all 3 of my children with Dr irani and I wouldn't have it any other way. my husband likes Dr irani because he talks to u like u are a human not another dollar. I had 3 c sections and it was a great experience for each. he made it so I wasn't scared at all. with each delivery my other children were at the hospital after and he made sure to congratulate them as well along with our parents. Dr irani is an amazing Dr I have been going to his office since I was 17 and will not see another
in Troy, NY |
Him and his wife were simply blessed with hands from God himself. I have been blessed to touched by them. Melissa Parella
in Cobleskill, NY |
I have had three children past five year. Dr. Irani was responsible for my prenatal care and delivery for all three. I would not go anywhere else if I became pregnant again. His staff is caring and he is always willing to listen to my concerns. And he always takes the time to explain anything I may have questions about.
in Schenectady, NY |
Absolutely amazing office and Doctor-never have I felt more comfortable. Switched doctors 31 weeks into my pregnancy and I have never had a better experience with a new doctor. Beyond accommodating and friendly staff- very clean office and a general over all comfortable environment. Would recommend this office to anyone! Amazing!
in Schenectady, NY |
He is very nice and experience doctor
in schenectady ny |
He is awesome. He doesnt judge anyone no matter the situation. Hes friendly and so is everyine in the office. I love that he sings happy birthday to the babies he delivers when their born. I tell all my friends and family to go to him. :)
in Schenectady, NY |
He is a very good doctor. I met him during my pregnancy. In every appointment I was very excited to meet him because he was always making me comfortable.he always used to crack jokes to avoid my nervousness during pregnancy .He used to give very good suggestions during my pregnency . Cute staffs too ??
in Schenectady,NY |
My wife had been visiting Mr. Irani during her pregnancy . He is the most experience & trustworthy OB i can say.He will let the patient feel comfortable in no time with his smile and jokes . Nevertheless he will listen to you very carefully and suggests what best for the patient. Staffs are awesome too :)
Albany, NY |
Both doctor Dr. Iranis are good both as OBs and gynecologists. Office staff and nurses are friendly and personable. I had a stressful first delivery of my child and Dr. Irani was reassuring and helpful while delivering my baby safely.
in Albany, NY |
Still the best care ever, even after 2 children were delivered by Dr. Irani. :-)
in Niskayuna, NY |
My experience in dealing with Dr Irani was amazing. The staff at his clinic is really good. They all make a great team and really care about their patients. Since it was my first delivery, I was very anxious. But Dr Irani's presence in the delivery room made a huge difference. I wish him the best of health and happiness and would definitely recommend everyone to him.
Ravena, NY |
Very. Rude. Doesnt have patience
in Schenectady, NY |
Dr. Irani and his staff saw me through both my pregnancies and beyond. They are all very friendly, and Dr. K. Irani is very professional and to the point.
in Albany, NY |
He is a great DOCTOR. Had my 2 pregnancies under his supervision. Dr.Irani's approach and caring was too good.His positive inspirational words boosts us always. If you have any concerns, he explains clearly which makes us feel better. Overall experience was nice and outstanding. BIG THANKS TO DR. IRANI and always thankful to him.
in Schenectady, NY |
Great doctors like him are hard to find! He has a passion for what he does. He truely cares about his patients and it shows. I just had my 3rd child vis C-section. This whole experience great. His kindness, positive, and peaceful engery left no doubts in my mind. Also great office staff!
in Schuylerville, NY |
I have been a patient with Dr. Irani for many years. Not only is he a wonderful Dr. but his staff is wonderful. I never feel rushed with my questions being answered and everytime I have called Danielle is so friendly and professional. Pat the nurse is fabulous! Love the staff and Mr. and Mrs. Irani!
I have been with DR. Irani for over 8 years. He is professional, confident and has you and your baby at heart.
in Waterford, NY |
I have been seeing D. Kushru Irani fro 17 years and I still recommend him to my friends. He is always easy to reach and return your phone calls as soon as he can. He makes me feel relaxed and at ease. I appreciate him and his team for all they have done for me over the years.
in Nisyayuna, NY |
Avoid this doctor at any cost. He is by far the most unprofessional and rude provider I have ever seen, that is spread to his office staff as well. We had a very poor and emotionally distressful experience with him. I wish the character limit would allow me to write the whole story. In summary: - His office financial practices, are legally questionable, to say the least. - He delivers all the babies himself (including Dr Frazana's) and hides the fact from patients until it is too late.
in Albany, NY |
I had to switch obstetricians in the middle of my pregnancy with my first baby...i chose to continue my pregnancy care with Dr. Irani and wished i had been with him since day one! He helped with all my first baby pregnancy craziness and paranoia and made sure that my baby and i were in proper health and taken care of throughout....his bedside manner during my labor was phenomenal and i couldn't imagine anyone better than him that could have delivered my son and my future babies to come!
in New York, NY |
Dr.Irani's approach and caring was too good..His positive inspirational words boosts us..we are comfortable in every prenatal visit..we are so lucky.we are satisfied and happy now..Overall experience was nice and outstanding..
in Greenwich, NY |
I have used Dr. Irani for the past 5 years and throughout 3 pregnancies. I have seen him easily 100+ times over the past 5 years. Dr. Irani and his staff make you feel very comfortable and are very courteous of all your concerns and wishes. They take their time with you and get to know you, as well as remember everything they can to make sure you feel at home. Dr. Irani has an amazing bedside manner and I have not ever hesitated about recommending his practice. I will never change practices!!!
in Queensbury, NY |
Dr. Irani is a great doctor and has a very calming influence (I tend to be anxious). I live an hour away but will continue to come to Dr. Irani because he is so wonderful.
in Schenectady, NY |
I have been going to Dr.Irani for 31 years now. since I was a young teen. Dr. Irani is very kind, understanding and is a very good doctor.
in Albany, NY |
Dr. Irani and his office staff are wonderful. I've been going to this office for almost 15 years. I recently had my first child and it was a fantastic experience because of Dr. Irani and his employees. I would highly recommend this practice. Everyone is very professional and I trust that the doctor's recommendations are always in my best interest for my health and family.
Schenectady, NY |
I had a miscarriage while Dr Irani was my doctor. A year later I had a beautiful baby girl, then a tubal ligation and he was amazing through it all. He was supportive, efficient, friendly, and even funny at times. He is professional and makes everything a little easier.
in Burnt Hills, NY |
Dr Irani is a wonderful doctor. We couldn't have been happier. He made having our daughter very easy. He answers all your questions and concerns and is very caring. I hope when the time comes again he will deliver our next baby
in Guilderland, NY |
Wonderful OBGYN. Had my 2 pregnancies under his supervision. Very calm, knowledgeable, understanding. Gives advice per the patient's abilities to follow them!
in Warnerville,NY |
My Experience with Dr. Irani has been great! he is a great doctor and listens to what I have concerns with.
South Glens Falls, NY |
Amazing, caring doctor.
in Schenectady, NY |
I have been a patient of Dr. Irani since i was a young woman and he worked in a clinic ran out of Ellis Hospital. He was the my obstetrician for both of my children and i continue to be seen for gynecology. He is very kind and gentle and has a serenity about him that makes me feel very calm and relaxed. His wife is very kind also. He never seems rushed and takes the time to listen, answer and explain if i have question. I highly recommend him.
Have you seen Dr. Khushru R. Irani, MD?
Are you Dr. Irani?

Compare Dr. Irani

Dr. Irani's Care Philosophy

Dr. Irani's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology
  •  Board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. Irani has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Irani's Board Certifications

• Female Infertility
  • Genitourinary Tract Infections in Pregnancy
  • Gestational Diabetes
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hypertension Complicating Pregnancy, Childbirth and Postpartum
  • Intrauterine Growth Restriction
  • Low Back Pain During Pregnancy
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Placenta Previa
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Preeclampsia
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause

Albany Medical College

Completed in 1978

Albany Medical Center

Completed in 1982

Dr. Irani does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Irani and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Birth Control
  • C-Section
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Endocervical Curettage
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Smoking Cessation Counseling
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Tubal Ligation
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC