Dr. Khushru Irani, MD

Obstetrics & GynecologyMaleAge 68

Dr. Irani

Irani & Irani Mds

2210 Troy Schenectady Rd Niskayuna, NY 12309

Dr. Khushru Irani, MD is a Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialist in Niskayuna, NY. Dr. Irani has more experience with Obstetric Care than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with Bellevue Woman's Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Irani to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Gynecologic Surgery Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for New York

Frequently Treated by Dr. Irani

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Irani treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Irani treats other conditions, please contact the office at (518) 688-0122.

Obstetric Care

Obstetric care specialists focus on the health of both mother and baby during pregnancy and through labor and delivery, including prenatal screening, treatment of complications, and vaginal or C-section delivery.Compare with other Obstetric Care specialists.

Dr. Irani treats at a

frequency compared to similar providers

Based on claims data for 9 conditions and procedures

Treatments
C-Section
Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
Pregnancy Ultrasound
Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
Normal Frequency

• C-Section
  • Cholesterol Screening
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Dilation and Curettage
  • Hepatitis C Virus Screening
  • Hepatitis Screening
  • Herpes Simplex Screening
  • HIV Screening
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hypertension Complicating Pregnancy, Childbirth and Postpartum
  • Hysterectomy - Open
  • Hysteroscopy
  • Intrauterine Growth Restriction
  • Low Back Pain During Pregnancy
  • Mastodynia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Pregnancy Test
  • Pregnancy Ultrasound
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Urinary-Genital Tract Fistula, Female
  • Uterine Fibroids
  • Uterine Prolapse
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
  • Yeast Infections

Dr. Irani accepts

Dr. Irani accepts the following insurance:

Blue Access (Select Network)-NY
Blue Priority (Select Network)-NY
Empire (Select Network)-NY POS
National (BlueCard Basic) PPO
National (BlueCard) PPO
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO

Dr. Irani's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Irani

4.5

Dr. Irani?
  • Staff friendliness (152)
  • Explained conditions well (151)
  • Listened & answered questions (151)
  • Appointment was rushed (17)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (17)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (17)
I strongly DO NOT recommend Dr. Khushru Irani based on the substandard care he provided to my daughter who is a first time mom to be and experiencing extreme morning sickness symptoms known as Hyperemesis Gravidarum. Due to COVID-19, my daughter must attend her GYN appts. alone. On 12/31/20, she met with Dr. Irani and described how severe her symptoms are and indicated HG. He proceeded to mock her and stated that HG was a strong word to use for morning sickness. After a quick office visit, which is typical these days, he prescribed her meds and told her to return in 3 weeks. As of 1/1/21, my daughter is hospitalized due to dehydration and electrolytes imbalance due to constant vomiting and nausea daily. I understand HG is a rare condition BUT it is a real condition and any physician especially an OB/GYN Specialist needs to be educated and less ignorant on how to treat this rare condition for this is a HEALTH, LIFE, and DEATH situation for the mother and unborn child.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Rhonda A. – Jan 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khushru Irani, MD?
Something I never spoke on. At maybe 11 weeks pregnant I had to switch OB’s because Dr.Irani told me I should terminate my baby or he will 100% be born premature. Absolutely NO bedside manners toward a first time TEEN mom, SAD. He said this because I had a “subcorionic hematoma” which he treated like it was very uncommon & the worst thing. When I switched OB’s to the doctor that delivered my siblings and I, he said it’s VERY common & it had cleared up by the 3rd time I seen him. I am very glad I didn’t stay with irani, I now have a Perfectly healthy, happy handsome baby soon to be 4 months.
Aug 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khushru Irani, MD?
Dr Irani understands your concerns and he is very much supportive. I highly recommend him.
Allwins – Mar 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khushru Irani, MD?
I have delivered my first child recently and I can say for sure that after meeting Dr. Khusru Irani I knew that I was in good hands. Being a first time mother and far from my family members I was very nervous but he was so compassionate and helpful that i didn't feel any stress of pregnancy. With his guidance and care it went so smoothly. I highly recommend him if you are looking for a knowledgeable and experienced OB. He is truly the best.
Sakshi Shukla in Schenectady, NY – Jan 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khushru Irani, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Irani (Mr) if you are looking for a highly experienced and knowledgeable OB to follow you through our your pregnancy and for your delivery. He recently delivered my first baby and my husband and I could not have felt more comfortable throughout the process because we knew we were in good hands. He delivered all 3 on my nephews and my niece! Mrs. Dr. Irani is also fantastic and my mom and sis her have nothing but good things to say about her for OB surgeries she has done for them. The office staff makes you feel welcomed and it has a homey atmosphere. You see the same nurse every time which helps with continuum of care. You can tell the Iranis love what they do and really care. Could not say enough good things about this practice and the Iranis!
Dec 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khushru Irani, MD?
I wish he could be my primary! Always calm and reassuring- I’ve been a patient for over 15 years. From a teenager to now a mom- he’s helped every step of the way. He listens, spends time with you, and tells you everything he’s doing and why. Honestly I couldn’t recommend his practice more. He’s literally the only doctor I’ve thought who actually and remembers his patients.
Kim C. – Sep 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khushru Irani, MD?
Dr. Irani is amazing! He recently delivered my first baby and was so incredibly knowledgeable, helpful, and patient! Throughout my pregnancy, he was so helpful and gave me lots of details regarding things the fetus was starting to be able to do at each point and tips for healthy eating and habits, and advice regarding my gestational diabetes. His kind and patient nature was invaluable in the delivery room! He kept me calm and relaxed the whole time. When the placenta was not detaching , he handled it so calmly and skillfully that I was not worried at all! I also credit his skill and advice for my quick recovery after delivery. I am so thankful that he was my doctor throughout this pregnancy and will definitely stick with him for future pregnancies!
Amber B. – Aug 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khushru Irani, MD?
Avoid this doctor at all costs. Horrible service. Office staff here is so impatient even to talk to you.
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Aug 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khushru Irani, MD?
This was the worse experience with a doctor I have ever had. When I had a concern about my pregnancy he would say he didn’t know and I should ask my primary doctor. Had high blood pressure and he told me to just take deep breaths. Wouldnt recommend him to treat my cat.
Apr 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khushru Irani, MD?
I have been with this Dr. Irani for 31 years. He was highly recommended when I was pregnant and clueless of what and where to do things for me and the baby. He talks very calmly but gets straight to the point. When he asks you do you know how to do self breast exams an answer isn't good enough you need to show him. He makes you monitor your symptoms and notify him of any concerns. Even when you panic over something he calms you down and never gets overwhelmed on what it's.
Mar 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khushru Irani, MD?
I had my first baby in February and from pregnancy to delivery, Dr. Irani and his entire staff were wonderful. He was very professional, knowledgeable & always explained things well. His staff was also very friendly and helpful anytime I came into the office or needed anything. When it came time for the delivery, Dr. Irani and the team at Bellevue made it an amazing experience for my husband and I and I’m so thankful he was my doctor. I would highly recommend Dr. Irani!
Mar 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khushru Irani, MD?
I decided to make an appointment with Dr. Irani when I was pregnant. He is extremely tired and does not take time to talk about health questions. After he was done listening to my babies heart beat, he told me "get up" without helping me and with a rude tone of voice. He lacks good bedside manners. I gave him a try for three visits and left feeling uncared for as a patient. I'm so glad I decided to change to a different OBGYN. The ultrasound tech makes the anatomy scan hurt! She pushed so hard!
Feb 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khushru Irani, MD?
Kushru R.Irani is my gyno for both my kids. He takes good care and gives you positiveness throught pregnancy. I personally believe in his decisions and likes the care he gives in case of any health issues.
Rhyth in Niskayuna, NY – Feb 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khushru Irani, MD?
Dr. Irani was doing very well with my care until right after the birth. I was symptomatic of preeclampsia and he sent me home. I ended up in the E R as a result.
Jan 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khushru Irani, MD?
Dr. Irani is THE BEST! I was a new mom. I was so nervous sitting in the room with my husband for our very first appointment, but then Dr. Irani walked in and was so cheerful and welcoming. He thoughtfully answered all my questions (I had many!). Each appointment I had, he took his time and never was rushed. His staff are the best too! They’re also cheerful and very pleasant to be around. Dr. Irani will be my doctor for my next baby too.
Dec 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khushru Irani, MD?
Super friendly environment, and extremely caring staff. Dr. Irani has the experience to trust, and the personality to feel totally comfortable from beginning to end.
Deanna in Schoharie, NY – Dec 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khushru Irani, MD?
A skilled and experienced surgeon, Dr. Irani seems heavily biased toward C-sections, with a low tolerance for accommodating a longer, more challenging birth process. If you are striving for a natural birth, I do not recommend Dr. Irani. Also, if you are a new mom with lots of questions, or generally are an inquisitive person who likes to be informed, you will likely find it frustrating to interact with Dr. Irani. He brushes off questions in a rushed and belittling manner.
Schenectady, NY – Nov 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khushru Irani, MD?
Dr.khusru irani took care of my entire pregnancy and delivered my baby. I'm very pleased with his service, right from the start. His office staff are professional. His diagnosis is correct.He or his wife were available by on-call support whenever i called.He is very warm and approachable and responded to all my questions. I found him very emphathetic and patient during all my visits. I have visited fair amount of practices in my life, I would say dr.irani's is one of the best.
Kamali in Niskayuna, NY – Sep 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khushru Irani, MD?
Dr. Irani has a lot of experience, which comes out over the course of pregnancy and labor. He has a calming presence and knew just what to do on the big day to take care of my baby and I. My husband and I were very satisfied working with Dr. Irani and would recommend him without reservation.
Leah Murphy in Niskayuna – Sep 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khushru Irani, MD?
I am very satisfied with Dr.Irani and all of the staff at his offic. They all care about you genuinely. They remembered my name since day one with out looking at my chart, always complimenting me and made me feel welcome. They are wonderful!!!!
Kayla Wollaber in Richmondville, NY – Aug 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khushru Irani, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Irani?

Dr Khushru irani a board certified obstetrician and gynecologist with over 37 years of experience delivers quality care in a compassionate and caring manner.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology