Dr. Khurram Pervaiz, MD

Dr. Khurram Pervaiz, MD

Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery  |
Dr. Khurram Pervaiz, MD is an orthopedic shoulder & elbow surgery doctor who practices in Catonsville, MD. He is 39 years old and has been practicing for 15 years.

910 Frederick Rd Ste 300

Catonsville, MD 21228

• Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Pervaiz

See how frequently Dr. Pervaiz performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Ganglion Cyst
Limb Pain
Shoulder Disorders

Dr. Pervaiz's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Pervaiz "Khurram Pervaiz M.D. is an orthopedic surgeon who is fellowship trained in shoulder and elbow surgery as well as hand surgery. He specializes in minimally invasive arthroscopic procedures to treat common shoulder, elbow, and hand conditions. Dr Pervaiz has extensive experience in advanced surgical procedures such as revision shoulder surgery and reverse shoulder replacement. He was selected as a Top Doctor in Baltimore Magazine (2012, 2014 & 2016) as well as a Super Doctor in the Washington Post Magazine (2013). Dr Pervaiz is Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery (ABOS) and holds a certificate of added qualification (CAQ) in Hand Surgery."

• Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery

• Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Disorders
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Hand Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Replacement
  • Wrist Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• Crescent Model College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1996
  • King Edward Medical University
    Medical School | Graduated 2002
  • Virginia Commonwealth University / Medical College Of Virginia School Of Medicine
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2006
  • Virginia Commonwealth U Hosp
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2010
  • Cleveland Clinic Foundation
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2011
  • Florida Orthopaedic Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2011

Dr. Pervaiz has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Urdu

Dr. Pervaiz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Pervaiz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Pervaiz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Pervaiz to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Pervaiz Says:

Thank you for taking the time to submit a survey. We value your feedback and use it to continuously improve the patient experience in our practice.

Dr. Pervaiz's Performance
in Baltimore, MD |
First class surgeon/doctor/individual. Went to several doctors about shoulder pain before I was referred to Dr. Pervaiz. He made me feel extremely comfortable about my surgical expectations as well as his abilities as a surgeon. I just finished my PT after the surgery and couldn't be happier with the outcome. Thanks so much Dr. P!
Reisterstown, MD |
Too quick to jump to surgery for my 18 year old son with dislocated shoulder. Only used an x-ray, no mri to diagnose need for surgery. Did not do any ROM examination. Did not talk to my son about pain level, goals, etc. It was a 5 minute appointment. He talked more to his note taker than to my son about the condition. No conservative treatment options given or discussed.
Dear Reviewer,I apologize if you felt rushed. Our goal is to treat patients non surgically however a shoulder dislocation in a young patient leads to tearing in the shoulder which if not fixed leads to chronic dislocations and disability.Which is why I recommended an MRI for your son and possible surgery after the MRI review.I do a full history and exam on all patients and it is unwise to check full range of motion after a recent dislocation because the shoulder can dislocate.DrPervaiz
Ellicott City, MD |
Dr. Pervaiz is an excellent surgeon. He took the time to fully explain my condition, answer all of my questions and provide several options before recommending surgery. I had a very positive experience and would highly recommend him.
Columbia, md |
Negligent and arrogant... made a quick diagnosis without even taking X-rays (which I asked for, by the way.) His response - "I am the Dr. and if you don't like my opinion you can get a second opinion.") Sent me away concluding there was no fracture of the elbow. Surprise - there is! How did I find out? A responsible, thorough Doctor, who LISTENS sent me for X-rays. He has greatly hindered my prognosis because of his negligence and dismissive response.
Dear Reviewer, Thank you for your feedback.In the case you described we would have taken an X-ray as part of your visit.I firmly believe that an orthopedic evaluation is incomplete without X-rays.However if a patient comes in with a recent X-ray we try to not subject them to additional radiation.I therefore cannot explain or imagine how we would have this problem.Please know that we take all complaints very seriously and we are unable to identify you as our patient.Thank you Dr. Pervaiz
in Baltimore, MD |
If you are searching for a doctor with true bed side manners, then you've found one in Dr. Perviaz. My mother loves him. He's polite and friendly, knowledgeable, patient, detail oriented, trusting and performs great work! His staff is also awesome. They make you feel at home when you walk through the door. And the office is clean.
Columbia |
Very pleasant, helpful and informative on addressing the problem and preparing for surgery. Very comforting before and after surgery which was successful and during follow-up visits including encouragement and clear instructions for gradual and careful recovery during physical therapy.
He is the best . I tore my left shoulder for the 2nd time. Dr. Pervaiz explained what he was going to do and why including the longer PT I would need due to the severity of the torn rotator in my shoulder. I can now hit the golf ball better than two years ago with no pain. Lift weights and swim. He also did one of my friends whom is also on the mend
Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. Pervaiz was the third doctor I asked about a year old wrist plate implant that was causing severe pain and immobility. He was the first to really address the problem, my concerns, and recommend surgery to remove the plate. The surgery/healing went well, the scar is minimal, and 2 months later my wrist finally feels like it did years ago, before the plate/shattered bone. He's incredibly professional, prompt, personable & after my fair share of surgeries I'd say he's the best surgeon I've had.
in Columbia, MD |
I had significant tearing in my shoulder, but Dr. Pervaiz was able to get me back to full mobility. As far as a process like this can be "easy," it was! He is an excellent surgeon and very willing to address all of my concerns and questions.
in Maryland |
Great Experience! Very professional and a quick process when it came to diagnosis and surgical repair. Dr. Pervaiz is an amazing surgeon. He was able to diagnose my shoulder problem and complete the repair all arthroscopicaly. Highly recommend. I was referred to him by to other surgeons that could not fix the problem. A+ rating!
in Ashton, MD |
I broke my clavicle to the point where it needed reconstruction surgery. Dr. Pervaiz and his team did a great job putting me back together. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone in need of his expertise.
Columbia, MD |
Outstanding experience through major shoulder repair (labrum, rotator cuff, bone spur, and biceps tendon. Very attentive and highly capable.
in Columbia, MD |
I would recommend treatment by Dr. Pervaiz to anyone! He is compassionate, cares deeply for his patients and took time to answer my questions. He put me back together after a fall that resulted in a fractured elbow, a fractured wrist and a torn rotator cuff. He performed both a successful shoulder repair surgery and wrist surgery. He provided all the necessary medical equipment for a full recovery. My appointments were kept on schedule and he was available so I didn't have to miss work time
Columbia, MD |
I have been seeing Dr Pervaiz for a while. He has helped me recover through several surgeries and injuries. I have always found him to be thorough, polite and empathetic. I am back to an active lifestyle thanks to him.
in West Friendship, MD |
Dr. Pervaiz was wonderful! From my very first visit with him, he impressed me. He is a no fuss surgeon. He sees the problem (torn rotator cuff/bone spurs/bicep slap tear), assess the problem (surgery not PT), then mitigates the problem (with game face on, completely repaired my shoulder). 4 months post surgery with PT 2-3 times per week, I regained 100% range of motion, and 90% strength. I have no doubt I will achieve 100% in strength! I would not hesitate to send my family/friends to him.
in columbia, md |
it was a pleasant experience having Dr. Pervaiz work with me to heal my shoulder and finger. Always had a wonderful smile on his face and a positive attitude.
After reading all of the "glowing" reviews re: Dr. Pervaiz I scheduled an appt. Unfortunately and surprisingly the 3 poor reviews were my experience as well. Does not listen to concerns, arrogant and is dismissive. Very disappointed.
Columbia, MD |
Dr Pervaiz really cares about his patients. He is known as the best in the area. We received glowing recommendations from multiple friends and family members he had operated on. He is very busy. His advice and treatment were top notch.
in Catonsville, MD |
Dr. Pervaiz and his staff, along with the staff of the Physical Therapists, answered all my questions before, during, and after any and all procedures and office visits. They were all very professional, knowledgeable, and patient. The time line given for surgery, physical therapy, and recovery were accurate and on point. I am now five months out from surgery and I am extremely satisfied with all aspect of the process. I look forward to getting back to all my regular activities in another month.
in Columbia, MD |
I was involved in a serious biking accident which resulted in fractures to both shoulders, left wrist, and torn labrums in both shoulders. Dr. Pervaiz did a masterful job repairing the labrum in one shoulder and filling in my humeral head defect with part of my subscapularis tendon. I am thankful to have found him.
in Elkridge, MD |
I already have recommended Dr Pervaiz to others and I will continue to do so.
Earlier this year I experienced a shoulder injury.. I was in disbelief that this was happening to me yet again and that I would have a very long road ahead of me (surgery, PT, etc.) Dr. Pervaiz did everything in his power not only to fix my issue, but also assured me that it would all be ok and that in due time, everything would be back to normal. 4.5 months later, I have been officially cleared with almost FULL range of motion back in my arm. Thank you Sir for the amazing work you do. Cheers!
in Catonsville |
I can't say enough about my experience with Dr. Pervaiz and his staff. I needed rotator cuff & bicep surgery. Dr. Pervaiz and his staff were so accommodating with anything I needed. My therapist Mollye kept me focused on what needed to be done for a successful recovery. I am pain free and I owe it all to Dr. Pervaiz and his staff. I highly recommend Dr. Pervaiz. Thank you so much for everything you did for me....
in Columbia, MD |
I found Dr.Pervaiz to be very professional, courteous and outgoing. All of my questions and concerns were addressed as were those of my family. Even though I am an RN and I was apprehensive about surgery but was put @ ease by Dr. Pervaiz and the staff @ Ellicott surgery center. I would recommend Dr. Pervaiz to anyone needing surgery on hand, arm or shoulder whether family or friend.
in Ellicott City, MD |
My family and I have used OACM since moving to Maryland 11 years ago. Initially, I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Pervaiz for a second opinion. He was able to correctly diagnose the problems and recommend procedures. He helped me prioritize the 3 surgeries ,and I used him as my surgeon. His advice and skill were expert, and the care he and his staff gave made all the difference in my healing. I have recommended him to many friends.
in Catonsville, MD |
I have already recommended Dr. Pervaiz to several people. He repaired my shoulder (torn labrum) not quite a year ago, and while the recovery for that surgery is somewhat long, he walked me through all the stages, and everything has gone as it should. He is very knowledgeable, caring, and straightforward. I highly recommend him!
Catonsville, MD |
Dr. Pervaiz is the best choice you could make when it comes to performing a shoulder surgery. I underwent a surgery for an anterior labral tear on my left shoulder and was back to work within 3 weeks of post op rest. He was wonderful in explaining the benefits of surgery and did an excellent job. He was also very helpful after the surgery in explaining each and every step of recovery, this is hard to find in doctors nowadays. I would recommend him to anybody as a trusted surgeon.
in Silver Spring, MD |
Did a great job on my left shoulder SLAP repair. Would certainly recommend to anyone suffering from shoulder issues.
Dr. Pervaiz is a wonderful, skilled surgeon. His focus is on his patients and he takes time to explain the diagnosis and treatment very thoroughly. I would recommend him to anyone needing shoulder treatment.
in Randallstown, MD |
Had reverse shoulder replacement 11/14/2016, so far it is fantastic. Great work he really cares.
in Elkridge, MD |
Dr. Pervaiz had an omniscient dexterity, and gregarious demeanor, both explaining and performing my hand surgery. I acquired a bone spur in my hand, from an accident, which caused irritations periodically. Dr. Pervaiz, and his team, performed a facile surgery. As I sobered, from anesthesia, I carelessly but jokingly called Dr. Pervaiz a Warlock; because of the operations "magical" speed and precision. I discovered, with post-surgical checkups, Dr. Pervaiz found my sobering rant quite humorous.
in Halethorpe, MD |
Found Dr. Pervaiz to be very polite, encouraging and his work on my shoulder was a great success!
in Ellicott City, MD |
Dr. Pervaiz is an absolute gem of a doctor. I have been a patient of his for 3 years and he is the best. I came to him with carpel tunnel issues in both hands and bone spurs in my shoulder. Dr. Pervaiz tried an assortment of conservative treatments to relieve the issues prior to suggesting surgery. After conservative treatments failed, Dr. Pervaiz performed carpel tunnel surgery in both hands and arthroscopy on my shoulder. His bedside manner is wonderful and fully answers all questions.
in Columbia, MD |
Dr. Pervaiz listened carefully to my concerns about my wrist and thumb and tried conservative treatments before recommending surgery. While the conservative treatments did help, the use-related nature of my problem eventually required surgery . The surgery was performed on an out patient basis and wile it was more involved than originally anticipated I made a reasonably fast recovery . He achieved excellent results allowing me to not only perform daily activities but also compete in sports.
in Windsor Mills, MD |
Dr Pervaiz did surgery on both my right and left rotator cuff. What a great physician and two great experiences
in Catonsville, MD |
I had a completely torn right rotator cuff repair by Dr. Pervaiz in May of 2016. I was able to be out on vacation and enjoying life again by July. This is a credit to his clinical skill and following his post-op regimen to the letter. As a nurse, I can tell you that his clinical skills and beside manner rank up there with the best I've ever seen. Dr. Pervaiz has a lovely and competent staff. Post-op pain was managed very well and he and his staff remained responsive to changing needs.
in Baltimore, MD |
Dr. Pervaiz repaired my torn shoulder labrum in April 2016. From initial consultation through day of surgery to post-op appointments, he was always very helpful and friendly. 5 months post-op my shoulder feels great and I have returned to normal weightlifting and CrossFit (with his blessing). I would recommend him to anyone needing similar procedures done.
in Newark, DE |
Dr Pervaiz repaired a broken clavicle for me. He did an outstanding job. I have recovered completely, and have had no issues since. He was very caring throughout the process, and took the time to answer my questions. I feel that I received outstanding care from Dr Pervaiz.
in Hanover, MD |
Dr. Pervaiz performed a total shoulder replacement of my left shoulder one year ago at age 65. I am happy to say that the results are excellent! A lack of cartilage in the joint caused pain so that I had little strength to do my normal activities (horses, working on old cars, swimming & wildlife photography with heavy lenses). Physical therapy took several months, but Dr. Pervaiz did outstanding work and I am now able to enjoy my activities once more. A genuinely caring & great doctor!!
in West Friendship, MD |
I had my rotator cuff and a torn bicep repaired. My experience and result was excellent. I was fully informed throughout the process and was always asked if I had any questions. I ended up with Dr. Pervais by chance and consider myself lucky. I have recommended friends to see Dr. Pervais. Thank you.
in Columbia, MD |
My experience with Dr. Pervaiz was excellent. From the first visit, the surgery, and the follow-ups, he and his staff were a pleasure to interact with during treatment of my torn labrum. I was provided with very personable service and never once felt like I was just another name or number coming through. I would recommend Dr. Pervaiz to anyone needing shoulder surgery.
in Columbia, MD |
Dr. Pervaiz performed my shoulder surgery for a proximal humerus fracture with a serious hematoma. I can’t imagine a more skilled surgeon, and he truly did an amazing job, but what most impressed me was his patient, caring, comforting, gentle manner. Dr. Pervaiz and his staff, particularly Courtney, embody that genuine sense of authenticity, and were so helpful and supportive throughout my surgery, recovery and rehab… I can’t recommend them highly enough.
Cumberland, MD |
Dr Pervaiz says he isn't a magician and if I don't like his only treatment choice, then I can go get another doctor. No other choices were given at all. Doctor cut me off, every time I tried to speak and wouldn't even acknowledge that my husband was talking. Terrible personality to boot. I drove 2 and a half hours for absolutely nothing. I hope no one else goes out of their way, to go see this jerk!
in Washington, DC |
Dr Pervaiz explained clearly and precisely what the problem was, and how he would fix it. He was sensitive to the amount of pain I was in, and scheduled surgery for 3 weeks later. Surgery went exactly as explained, no complications, no surprises. Dr Pervaiz and his staff were very attentive, and always made me feel as if I was their only patient that day. Follow up appointments were easy to make, and no question or concern went unanswered. Released 4 months later feeling wonderful!
in Columbia, MD |
Had shoulder pain and severely restricted range of motion for over a year. Dr. Pervaiz thoroughly explained his treatment plan, starting with physical therapy and culminating in surgery in April 2016. The surgery was a complete success - immediate full range of motion. Only two months post-op, I have only moderate pain and am discharged from Physical Therapy. Dr Pervaiz listened to my concerns, answered all questions and I have an excellent result.
in Clarksville, MD |
Dr. Pervaiz impressed me with his ability to listen, address my concerns and confidently answer my questions. I am 7 weeks post-surgery for a total right shoulder replacement and carefully following protocol regarding rehab. I was very apprehensive about a joint replacement, but it is so wonderful to have motion without bone grinding against bone.
in Westminster, MD |
Dr Pervaiz was an absolutely pleasure to interact with, his knowledge of his field, his bedside manner, and his follow up was outstanding. Not to mention the surgery was a great success. The physical therapy side of his practical is also stellar. Having never experienced shoulder surgery before this entire event has exceeded my expectations. If I ever need a shoulder surgeon again Dr Pervaiz will be my first choice
in Columbia, MD |
Dr. Pervaiz is an excellent surgeon. My results are better than I imagined. I had a tear of my shoulder cartilage that made reaching, driving and walking with a normal arm swing very painful before surgery. Now 5 mo later I swim, bike & walk with no pain. OACM though has no concern for helping you before surgery. Pervaiz made no helpful suggestions to deal with the pain before surgery and staff didn't give me a clear treatment plan or time table for surgery.
in Woodbine, MD |
Being a competitive golfer about to begin my freshman year of collegiate golf it's a scary thing to have a shattered bone in your right index finger. After meeting with Dr. Pervaiz I felt reassured that I would get back to normal and ready to go for the season. 2-months after surgery I was playing golf again and had a fully functioning finger. The surgery went very well and the recovery was easy. Dr. Pervaiz and his team did an incredible job and I would definitely recommend them.
in Dagsboro, DE |
Dr. Pervaiz performed my total shoulder replacement in November, 2015. Highly recommended by an orthopedic surgeon friend, his friendly, professional manner and confidence led me to determine that it was time for surgery that I had resisted for eight years. Dr. Pervaiz told me what to expect from the surgery and recovery and he patiently answered all my questions pre-, post-op, and in subsequent followup appointments. Thanks to Dr. Pervaiz, I am pain free and regaining functional movement.
Have you seen Dr. Khurram Pervaiz, MD?

Visit Dr. Pervaiz

Blue Choice Advantage
    Blue Preferred PPO
    CareFirst Maryland POS
  • CoreSource
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA