Dr. Khurram Pervaiz, MD

Dr. Khurram Pervaiz, MD

Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery | Male

Orthopaedic Assocs Cntrl Mrylnd 910 Frederick Rd, Catonsville, MD 21228 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Pervaiz's Experience

97Experience
Match

See how Dr. Pervaiz's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Pervaiz

Dr. Pervaiz accepts 18 insurance carriers

18 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Pervaiz has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Pervaiz

Dr. Pervaiz's Review Details
4.5 based on 60 responses
Experience with Dr. Pervaiz
Dr. Pervaiz's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (51)
Dr. Khurram Pervaiz, MD says

Thank you for taking the time to submit a survey. We value your feedback and use it to continuously improve the patient experience in our practice.

in West Friendship, MD |
I had my rotator cuff and a torn bicep repaired. My experience and result was excellent. I was fully informed throughout the process and was always asked if I had any questions. I ended up with Dr. Pervais by chance and consider myself lucky. I have recommended friends to see Dr. Pervais. Thank you.
in Columbia, MD |
My experience with Dr. Pervaiz was excellent. From the first visit, the surgery, and the follow-ups, he and his staff were a pleasure to interact with during treatment of my torn labrum. I was provided with very personable service and never once felt like I was just another name or number coming through. I would recommend Dr. Pervaiz to anyone needing shoulder surgery.
in Columbia, MD |
Dr. Pervaiz performed my shoulder surgery for a proximal humerus fracture with a serious hematoma. I can’t imagine a more skilled surgeon, and he truly did an amazing job, but what most impressed me was his patient, caring, comforting, gentle manner. Dr. Pervaiz and his staff, particularly Courtney, embody that genuine sense of authenticity, and were so helpful and supportive throughout my surgery, recovery and rehab… I can’t recommend them highly enough.
Cumberland, MD |
Dr Pervaiz says he isn't a magician and if I don't like his only treatment choice, then I can go get another doctor. No other choices were given at all. Doctor cut me off, every time I tried to speak and wouldn't even acknowledge that my husband was talking. Terrible personality to boot. I drove 2 and a half hours for absolutely nothing. I hope no one else goes out of their way, to go see this jerk!
in Washington, DC |
Dr Pervaiz explained clearly and precisely what the problem was, and how he would fix it. He was sensitive to the amount of pain I was in, and scheduled surgery for 3 weeks later. Surgery went exactly as explained, no complications, no surprises. Dr Pervaiz and his staff were very attentive, and always made me feel as if I was their only patient that day. Follow up appointments were easy to make, and no question or concern went unanswered. Released 4 months later feeling wonderful!
in Columbia, MD |
Had shoulder pain and severely restricted range of motion for over a year. Dr. Pervaiz thoroughly explained his treatment plan, starting with physical therapy and culminating in surgery in April 2016. The surgery was a complete success - immediate full range of motion. Only two months post-op, I have only moderate pain and am discharged from Physical Therapy. Dr Pervaiz listened to my concerns, answered all questions and I have an excellent result.
in Clarksville, MD |
Dr. Pervaiz impressed me with his ability to listen, address my concerns and confidently answer my questions. I am 7 weeks post-surgery for a total right shoulder replacement and carefully following protocol regarding rehab. I was very apprehensive about a joint replacement, but it is so wonderful to have motion without bone grinding against bone.
in Westminster, MD |
Dr Pervaiz was an absolutely pleasure to interact with, his knowledge of his field, his bedside manner, and his follow up was outstanding. Not to mention the surgery was a great success. The physical therapy side of his practical is also stellar. Having never experienced shoulder surgery before this entire event has exceeded my expectations. If I ever need a shoulder surgeon again Dr Pervaiz will be my first choice
in Columbia, MD |
Dr. Pervaiz is an excellent surgeon. My results are better than I imagined. I had a tear of my shoulder cartilage that made reaching, driving and walking with a normal arm swing very painful before surgery. Now 5 mo later I swim, bike & walk with no pain. OACM though has no concern for helping you before surgery. Pervaiz made no helpful suggestions to deal with the pain before surgery and staff didn't give me a clear treatment plan or time table for surgery.
in Woodbine, MD |
Being a competitive golfer about to begin my freshman year of collegiate golf it's a scary thing to have a shattered bone in your right index finger. After meeting with Dr. Pervaiz I felt reassured that I would get back to normal and ready to go for the season. 2-months after surgery I was playing golf again and had a fully functioning finger. The surgery went very well and the recovery was easy. Dr. Pervaiz and his team did an incredible job and I would definitely recommend them.
in Dagsboro, DE |
Dr. Pervaiz performed my total shoulder replacement in November, 2015. Highly recommended by an orthopedic surgeon friend, his friendly, professional manner and confidence led me to determine that it was time for surgery that I had resisted for eight years. Dr. Pervaiz told me what to expect from the surgery and recovery and he patiently answered all my questions pre-, post-op, and in subsequent followup appointments. Thanks to Dr. Pervaiz, I am pain free and regaining functional movement.
in Ellicott City, MD |
My Primary Care Physician recommended Dr. Pervaiz after I complained about shoulder pain. He said that Dr. Pervaiz was the best shoulder doctor around. During my first appointment, Dr Pervaiz told me that he would take care of my problem and I believed him. After surgery and physical therapy, I no longer feel any of the pain that I felt before surgery. I have full range of motion back in my shoulder. The staff at the surgery center in Glen Burnie was professional, courteous, kind and fun.
in Catonsville, MD |
My experience was great. On my initial visit Dr. Pervaiz explained thoroughly what the procedure entailed and answered all of my questions thoroughly. I felt extremely comfortable going into surgery.
Hyattsville, MD |
He first diagnosed me with a frozen shoulder, without even touching my shoulder. He prescribed physical therapy and my PT informed me that I may have a dislocated shoulder along with a frozen shoulder. I told Dr. Pervaiz that, however, he just said I have to continue with therapy for 6 weeks and he will speak to me after. I informed him the medicine he prescribed me isn't helping my pain and I am not able to sleep at night because of throbbing pain. He said I have to deal with the pain for now.
in Ellicott City, MD |
My mom's life was miserable with her right shoulder's chronic pain. She is 56 and has really bad diabetes. She couldn't even sleep at night. After Dr.Pervaiz did the surgery and then after only 2 weeks of therapy my mom says that Dr.Pervaiz is a magician. Her life style has completely changed. She is so active now. I would highly recommend Dr. Pervaiz. He is so friendly and really very nice to talk to. God bless him :)
in New Windsor, MD |
Dr. Pervaiz worked a miracle on my shoulder. I'd had 2 previous (failed) surgeries on the same rotator cuff with a different doctor, and wasn't sure a 3rd surgery could fix it. I did a lot of research and Dr. Pervaiz's name up repeatedly, and I decided to go ahead with a 3rd surgery. I am profoundly grateful for the meticulous revision surgery he performed. It's now 5 months since that surgery and the result exceeds my wildest expectations. Every aspect of this experience has been wonderful.
in Ellicott City, MD |
Dr Pervaiz has been taking care of our family for years. He operated on my father and replaced his shoulders. He repaired the torn labrum in my son's shoulder. He is extremely skilled, and he truly cares about his patients. He is our go to guy for shoulder and arm injuries.
in Columbia, MD |
Needed labrum shoulder debridement. During surgery, clipped nerve and have lost feeling in thumb and middle finger of dominant hand. Response was, Oh, that can happen. It might get better. 3 years and it hasn't!
in Columbia, MD |
Dr. Pervaiz and the entire team are fantastic. He repaired a fully ruptured tricep tendon after I had a bad fall. Their immediate care facility did the x-ray and diagnosis on a Saturday, surgery was scheduled and carried out quickly and with no negative effects. The follow up care has been outstanding as well. Additionally, the practice is well run. Everyone on the staff is professional, and it is extremely efficient. I highly recommend Dr. Pervaiz.
in Pasadena, MD |
A difficult shoulder surgery. Too complicated for my local well-known competent doctor so he referred me to the expert, Dr. Pervaiz. Very glad he did.
Have you seen Dr. Khurram Pervaiz, MD?

Compare Dr. Pervaiz

• Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Disorders
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Hand Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Limb Cramp

• Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Replacement
  • Wrist Surgery

No malpractice history found for Maryland.

King Edward Medical University

Graduated in 2002

Virginia Commonwealth University / Medical College of Virginia School of Medicine

Completed in 2006

Florida Orthopaedic Institute

Completed in 2011

Crescent Model College

Graduated in 1996

Dr. Pervaiz has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Urdu

Dr. Pervaiz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Pervaiz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Pervaiz's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery
  • Board certified in Hand Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Pervaiz

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Pervaiz's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Pervaiz

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Pervaiz's Care Philosophy

Khurram Pervaiz M.D. is an orthopedic surgeon who is fellowship trained in shoulder and elbow surgery as well as hand surgery. He specializes in minimally invasive arthroscopic procedures to treat common shoulder, elbow, and hand conditions. Dr Pervaiz has extensive experience in advanced surgical procedures such as revision shoulder surgery and reverse shoulder replacement. He was selected as a Top Doctor in Baltimore Magazine (2012 & 2014) as well as a Super Doctor in the Washington Post Magazine (2013). Dr Pervaiz is Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery (ABOS) and holds a certificate of added qualification (CAQ) in Hand Surgery.

Dr. Pervaiz says...