Dr. Khashayar Shakiba, MD

• Amerihealth
  • Health Net
  • MagnaCare
  • Oxford Health Plans

The most advanced technology and least invasive surgical solution.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Shakiba's Experience

See how Dr. Shakiba's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Shakiba

Dr. Shakiba accepts 8 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Shakiba has admitting privileges.

Dr. Shakiba's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shakiba to family and friends
Dr. Shakiba's Performance
in Paramus |
Amazing Dr., unfortunately, he needs a new front desk staff. They are very rude and need learn how to speak to patients.
in Paterson, NJ |
. My first appointment with Dr. Shakiba was very informative; he took the time to go over the details of my condition as well as options that were best for me. I felt at ease after his thorough explanations, honest, and knowledgeable responses to all me questions. I knew immediately he was the doctor for me. He is truly the best of the best. He is an excellent surgeon with great bedside manner, and takes great care of his patients throughout every step of the way. Dr. Shakiba is one in million!!
in Randolph, NJ |
On January 17, 2017, Dr. Shakiba saved me from pain and suffering. I was crying and praying to God to help me find someone who can relief my pain. After reviewing a few doctors on-line, I became scared because they had bad reviews, until I read Dr.Shakiba reviews. I thought it sounds to good to be true. So I did what any normal person would do, I emailed him. He quickly responded 10 min and 6 hours later he performed surgery on me. Thank you for being the best in what you do! Amazing Doctor
in Englewood Cliffs, NJ |
My experience with Dr. Shakiba was truly amazing. I had surgery and he was kind, caring and patient. He took the time to explain every detail and made sure I was comfortable with the procedure. He spent enough time with me to make sure I had all of my questions answered. His staff is kind and courteous and very accommodating. I will highly recommend Dr. Shakiba to my friends and family.
in Tenafly, NJ |
I am very grateful to dr.Shakiba for his excellent performance of robotic pelvic surgery which I recently underwent as his patient. I received extensive advance information on the technique to be used, What to expect in pain and discomfort postoperatively and the likelihood of a successful long range outcome. He is obviously a highly gifted surgeon, whuses uses the latest techniques, and has Excellent bedside manners. I highly recommend him as a highly skilled andcompassionate surgeon.
in Woodland Park NJ |
The office, the staff and Dr Shakiba are clean, professional and on time. Dr Shakiba is very clear and precise in his recommendations of your dilemma. Excellent office, staff and doctor. Highly recommend him
in Pompton lakes, NJ |
I have been a patient of Dr Shakibas for close to a year now for some issues with my bladder. He has an amazing bedside manner, he never rushes through anything and always explains his thoughts and opinions for treatment,. My surgery with him went well although I was in a great deal of pain for a few days and he helped me work through it to recover quickly and properly. I highly recommend him for any pelvic issues that you may have! He is a true expert and a nice person
in NJ |
Dr. Shakiba performed the minimally invasive robotic laparoscopic hysterectomy even with my difficult reproductive problems. He is the best of the best. A world class, highly skilled surgeon in his field. Truly a remarkable doctor that goes above and beyond. A professional that deserves great respect and trust. I highly recommend Dr. Shakiba to all women suffering long years of agony due to reproductive issues. He is God's blessing. Thank you Dr. Shakiba and the entire staff for excellent care.
in Ramsey, NJ |
Dr. Shakiba is very knowledgeable , take care of his patience like his own family and devotes his time to answer any questions or concerns you may have. due to my busy work schedule he even perform surgery on Saturday for me and visited me in hospital on Sunday. Amazing bad manners. I have consulted 4 different doctors regarding my fibroid removal and I chose Dr. Shakiba who turned out to be the best choice.
in Wood-Ridge NJ |
I decided to see Dr Shakiba based on the reviews I had read. I thank God everyday that I made that decision. He is by far the best Dr I have ever been to. He is patient, kind & does not rush you. He diagnosed conditions that other Dr's missed. Conditions that were effecting my quality of life. As scared as I was at the thought of surgery, I immediately trusted his recommendation. My improvements were immediate & recovery has been smooth & easy. I attribute that to his excellent surgical skills.
in West Milford, NJ |
I’m 3 months post-op from a robotic laparoscopic repair of bladder/uterine prolapse and slight rectocele. I consulted 6 doctors prior to my surgery and am very pleased I chose Dr. Shakiba. He’s patient, empathic, and knowledgeable. He did not push me into doing anything I was uncomfortable with. He does not have a cookie cutter treatment; I was treated like an individual. He only performed procedures in my comfort level. I wish I had more room. Go to Dr. Shakiba; you’ll be glad you did.
Excellent doctor. I went in for what my doctor suspected was endometriosis pain and he was able to fit me in for surgery within three days. It turned out it was my appendix and he was able to clear the endometriosis and remove the appendix. I was back to mostly normal activity within 2 weeks. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. I would recommend Dr. Shakiba!!
in Ft Lee, NJ |
After searching for a Gynecologist I could trust, who was skilled and practiced in the most up-to-date methods in gynecological care, I found Dr. Shakiba. Confident, compassionate, skilled, reassuring, professional ; Dr. Shakiba is that and more. He listened to my concerns and provided the information and support to proceed with the course of action needed for my specific issues. Dr. Shakiba's office staff are a welcoming, busy team who help with any questions during visits and follow-ups.
in Edgewater, NJ |
Dr. Shakiba is the best gynecologist that I met in a log while. His in depth knowledge, his bedside manners and a true desire to resolve any medical problems that the patient has are truly admirable. He goes out of his way to find the best treatment. I highly recommend Dr. Shakiba to anyone who would not settle for anything but the BEST!
in Lodi, NJ |
Dr Shakiba & his entire staff were excellent.He was compassionate, professional & explained every detail of his findings & what should be done.His staff scheduled my pre surgery testing & surgery date. those appts were on time & the tests were performed by excellent staff.After the tests Dr Shakiba meets with you again to go over everything before surgery.Post-up appts were on time.Same day call backs if you have questions or a problem you are seen same day .Wonderful
in Paterson, NJ |
Dr. Shakiba is the BEST. I was extremely nervous about having my hysterectomy that I put it off for about 4 years. I was under the care of another gynecologist that I was unsure of. Then, I met and had a consultation with Dr. Shakiba. He answered all of my questions, put my mind at ease and not only performed my Robotic hysterectomy, he removed a cyst, and I was able to keep my ovaries. Thank you Dr. Shakiba for helping me to finally end my fears. Best decision EVER !!!!
in New York, NY |
This Dr is an expert in his field, a leader, he performs surgery often which is exactly what you want, he takes the time to answer all of your questions, fully available before and after surgery, bedside manner is great. He knows the latest techniques, uses the best equipment, and really cares. I had another dr for years who was great and cared, but wasn't doing his homework and up to date like Dr Shakiba. I highly recommend him. He did my partial hysterectomy.
Have you seen Dr. Khashayar Shakiba, MD?
Are you Dr. Shakiba?

Dr. Shakiba says...

Dr. Shakiba is a Board Certified Gynecologist, a Board Certified Uro-Gynecoligist, a Certified Robotic Surgeon, a Fellow of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, a respected author, lecturer, and the inventor of the patented "E POP Q" the first objective non-invasive test for Pelvic Organ Prolapse. He is the Division Director of Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery for Departement of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Hackensack University Medical Center.

He has studied under some of the most respected and advanced minimally invasive pelvic reconstructive surgeons in the world both during his internship at Yale New Haven Hospital (affiliated with Yale Medical School) and his residency at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation. He is actively involved in surgical training and teaching of fellows and residents at Hackensack University Medical Center.

Breakthroughs in robotic technology over the last ten years have benefited tens of thousands of patients. Dr. Shakiba has performed hundreds of successful robotic assisted surgeries. Dr. Shakiba is very proud of his work proctoring other surgeons who have performed hundreds of additional successful procedures under his supervision.

Dr. Shakiba is dedicated to providing his patients with the most technologically advanced medical and surgical solutions to insure their well-being. This is the driving force that encouraged him to invent and patent the "Electronic Pelvic Organ Prolapse Quantification system (E- POP Q system)" which is in the final phases of clinical trials.

He is the author of multiple articles and abstracts concerning minimally invasive gynecological surgery. His articles and abstracts have been published in peer-reviewed scientific journals such as "Obstetrics and Gynecology (Green Journal)", "Human Reproduction" and "Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology" amongst others. His original research titled "Surgical Treatment of Endometriosis: A 7-Year Follow-up on the Requirement for Further Surgery" opened a new window about surgical management of endometriosis and is rated among the top ten articles of the Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology.

Dr. Shakiba adopted the da Vinci robotic assisted surgical approach because it enabled him to enhance the most advanced minimally invasive technology with his surgical skills while reducing the large scars and long recovery times too often associated with open procedures.

He discusses every possible medical and surgical solution with his patients and when applicable their referring physician to determine which solution will work best for their individual needs whether they are facing or considering surgery for pelvic organ prolapse, urinary incontinence, pelvic floor reconstructive surgery, or other gynecological procedures. Dr. Shakiba welcomes his Fellow Doctors to join him for a case observation and discussion of the benefits of pelvic reconstructive surgery and also robotic assisted surgery.

Dr. Shakiba is an accomplished speaker who has presented at many local, regional, national and international symposiums. He is a member of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, American Urogynecologic Society, the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, the American Medical Association, and the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine.

Dr. Shakiba's Care Philosophy

The most advanced technology and least invasive surgical solution.

Dr. Shakiba's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
  •  Board certified in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery and Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. Shakiba has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Why It Matters: Dr. Shakiba's Board Certifications

• Cervicitis
  • Ectopic Pregnancy
  • Endometriosis
  • Female Infertility
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Mastodynia
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Noninflammatory Cervical Disorders
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Perimenopause
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause

Renee Descart Medical School

Completed in 2000

• Farsi
  • French

Dr. Shakiba does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shakiba and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery

• Colpopexy With Robotic Assistance
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Cystourethroscopy and Transurethral Resection of Bladder Neck
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Myomectomy - Open and-or Laparoscopic
  • Sacrospinous Ligament Fixation
  • Total Salpingectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Tubal Ligation
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Surgery