Dr. Khashayar Shakiba, MD

Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive SurgeryMaleAge 49

Dr. Khashayar Shakiba, MD is a Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery Specialist in Hackensack, NJ. Dr. Shakiba has more experience with Gynecologic Conditions than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities Chilton Medical Center and Hackensack University Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Shakiba to book an appointment.

Dr. Shakiba

Women's Pelvic Surgery of North Jersey,LLC.

211 Essex St Hackensack, NJ 07601
Telehealth services available

Compare with other Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Shakiba with our nearby Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery Specialists at Saint Barnabas Medical Center.

These providers are on the medical staff of Saint Barnabas Medical Center.

Dr. Shakiba's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Shakiba

Dr. Shakiba?
  • Explained conditions well (58)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (57)
  • Listened & answered questions (57)
  • Long wait times (1)
  • Staff wasn't friendly (1)
I am so grateful to have found Dr. Shakiba and his staff. I had been having what seemed like unrelated problems for years, and he was able to diagnose me in one visit! I had a laparoscopic procedure with him five days ago and am feeling great! My incisions are minimal and seem to be healing beautifully. He takes his time with each patient and really explains everything. Thank you Dr. Shakiba and staff!
Jessica – Sep 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khashayar Shakiba, MD?
I am so happy I found Dr. Shakiba! Dr. Shakiba is extremely kind and patient and has a talent for explaining things in a very straightforward and “easy to understand” manner. I recently underwent surgery with Dr. Shakiba, and I attribute my good recovery to his outstanding surgical skills! I very highly recommend Dr. Shakiba. The office staff is always friendly and efficient!
Renée Aubert – Aug 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khashayar Shakiba, MD?
I have consulted several urologists/gynecologists because of series of urinary track infections that were unresponsive to antibiotics. I switched to Dr. Shakba and have been with him for about 18 months. He put me on a regime embodying both non prescription supplements and antibiotics. On each visit he listened to me and adjusted the regimen -- he was reassuring and measured. No longer on antibiotics he continues to adjust/reduce other drugs. I have been free of infection for more than 9 months and can thank him for that! Needless to say, I am a fan and highly recommend him.
Aug 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khashayar Shakiba, MD?
Dr. Shakiba has a calming effect and is patient. He explains the procedure well and encourages questions . You do not feel hurried when he treats you. Wait time was longer than expected, but he gives patients the time they need...works for me.
Jul 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khashayar Shakiba, MD?
Dr Shakiba is extremely knowledgeable regarding women's health and pelvic surgeries. He explains topics well and goes out of his way to check on his patients.
Siobhan Neurouter – Mar 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khashayar Shakiba, MD?
I had my surgery in January 2020. Minimal discomfort, virtually no pain during recovery. Thank you Dr. Shakiba and your wonderful staff. As an apprehensive patient I am very appreciative of Dr.Shakiba’s reassuring and compassionate care. Dr. Shakiba took the time to explain all procedures and answer all of my questions. Dr. Shakiba’s demeanor is very reassuring and compassionate. The care I received at the Women’s Hospital at HUMC was top rate. The office staff are very friendly and always very accommodating. I highly recommend Dr. K. Shakiba for any of your gynecological issues.
D. Lodato – Feb 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khashayar Shakiba, MD?
Dr. Shakiba is an excellent doctor/surgeon. I had a full hysterctomy on June 2019 for an uterine prolapse. The surgery went very well. I had no pain or discomfort after the surgery. Dr. Shakiba is caring and really takes care of his patitents. He explained in detail the surgery and addressed all of my husband's concerns. His team at the OR was fantastic too they were all women which made me feel very comfortable. Thank you Dr. Shakiba you are the very best.
Sep 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khashayar Shakiba, MD?
I had an open abdominal Myomectomy 2 weeks ago. My bikini cut scar is healing very well and already hardly noticeable. Dr. Shakiba is the best, most qualified doctor. He is very personable, explained the procedure thoroughly, and takes as much time as needed to answer all questions. I can not thank Dr. Shakiba enough for his work and skill. I would highly recommend this doctor. Thank you Dr. Shakiba!!!
NJ – Jun 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khashayar Shakiba, MD?
In 2013 I found Dr. Shakiba. He was efficient and very knowledgeable. I knew a fibroid had returned for some time. Prior to meeting him I had two other doctors examine me, neither mentioned the fibroid. During the initial exam he located the fibroid and told me there was more than one. Months later he performed major surgery removing the five fibroids, lifting my bladder and removing my uterus, all at the same time. Six years later and I feel great, never having a problem. I highly recommend him
Apr 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khashayar Shakiba, MD?
Dr. Shakiba performed my surgery January 2019. I had a partial hysterectomy and a bladder sling. The robotic surgery is wonderful. I had some discomfort for a week. I am so glad I had the surgery. Dr. Shakiba is a great doctor. I highly recommend him.
Mar 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khashayar Shakiba, MD?
Ana Mejia from East Brunswick nj Dr. Shakiba is a very knowledgeable skilled surgeon in robotics laparoscopic surgery. He takes care of his patients like his own family. Was having lots of pain due to a failed ablation. Had to have a partial hysterectomy. Had complications due to enlarge blood vessels from ablation. Dr. Shakiba took into consideration my safety during the proceger. I am grateful for his concern and skills. I truly recommend him.
Aug 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khashayar Shakiba, MD?
Dr. Shakiba is what all doctors should be like. On my first visit, after examining me, he took the time to thoroughly explain to me and my husband what I was suffering from and then he explained in detail what my options were. I feel so much better after my surgery last Aug. 10. Dr. Shakiba is an excellent surgeon and his bedside manner is second to none. I would recommend him without any hesitation. Dr. Shakiba deserves 10 stars for “Super Excellent”.
Maria Corazon Galano in Union, NJ – Aug 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khashayar Shakiba, MD?
I am very happy with Dr. Shakiba. He operated on me in June and I am a whole new person. I hadthis surgery done by another doctor and it was of no use. So glad I chose him the second time around. Should have found him first.
Barbara Murphy in New Jersey – Apr 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khashayar Shakiba, MD?
Dr. Shakiba’s extensiveness medical knowledge base is always reassuring. Each time I visit him, he confidently reassures me that he will be able to treat me. He does this every time, while always taking the time to make me feel like I was the only patient – even though I know he is a very busy doctor. Thank you, Dr. Shakiba. His front office staff is friendly, helpful and understanding - even when I ask questions that I should know the answer to. Again, many thanks.
SC in River Edge, NJ – Mar 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khashayar Shakiba, MD?
After doing a tremendous amount of research, I found Dr. Shakiba to be the best suited in his field for my needs. I was impressed with his knowledge and experience in the most advanced technology and least invasive surgery. I had a 4 1/2 hour successful surgical procedure that went exactly as planned. I experienced no pain and very little discomfort. He gave me my life back and I highly recommend him.
Susan Emmerling in Palisades Park, NJ – Nov 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khashayar Shakiba, MD?
Best thing to happen to me in a long time!!!!!I I feel like a different person...... Thank you
Eileen Hoyt-Fernandez in River Vale, NJ – Sep 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khashayar Shakiba, MD?
Dr. Shakiba and his staff are amazing. I had heavy bleeding for years. The heavy bleeding led to my iron falling to a 4.9 level at which time I needed a blood transfusion. I visited Dr. Shakiba for the first time in February of 2017. He determined that I had Adenomyosis and he performed a laparoscopic hysterectomy on April 6, 2017. The recovery was a lot easier then I thought it would be. Dr. Shakiba is an excellent surgeon and superior in his field.
kris in Rockland County, NY – Aug 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khashayar Shakiba, MD?
Dr. Shakiba changed my life! He is a wonderful doctor and a wonderful surgeon as well as a kind and gentle person with an astute knowledge about pelvic and hormonal disorders. Originally I went to Dr. Shakiba for a second opinion and after meeting him and thoroughly discussing my options I chose him to perform my surgery. Though a major surgery, the pain was minimal and practically no scars. Phenomenal doctor, I can not recommend him enough!
Amy T. in Belmar, NJ – Jul 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khashayar Shakiba, MD?
The best surgeon you will find. I had surgery 2 weeks ago....I felt fine after 2 or 3 days. He addressed all of my issues with patience and caring. I'm so glad I found him.
Andrea in Wayne, NJ – May 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khashayar Shakiba, MD?
Amazing Dr., unfortunately, he needs a new front desk staff. They are very rude and need learn how to speak to patients.
Lori in Paramus – Apr 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khashayar Shakiba, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Shakiba?

The most advanced technology and least invasive surgical solution.

Dr. Shakiba is a Board Certified Gynecologist, a Board Certified Uro-Gynecoligist, a Certified Robotic Surgeon, a Fellow of the American Congress of Obstetricians...Read more

• Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery