Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD

Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male

Dr. Yousuf

Orthopedic Associates of Dallas

4716 Alliance Blvd Ste 600 Plano, TX 75093

Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD is a reconstructive orthopedic surgery specialist in Plano, TX and has been practicing for 7 years. He graduated from Louisiana State Univ School Of Medicine In New Orleans in 2006 and specializes in reconstructive orthopedic surgery, orthopedic surgery, and more.

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Yousuf

0.819672131147541%

Dr. Yousuf?
Dr. Yousuf's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD
Treating me for chronic pain, swelling, and restricted range of motion in my knee, Dr. Yousuf listens and answers all questions. You never get the sense that he rushed, too busy, or is eager to leave you so he can get to the next patient. I feel like I’m the only patient in his office for the day, even though I know there are others waiting. He is thorough, and for me, he has taken a step-by-step approach to finding the root of my problem while making sure I have a good pain management and increased mobility plan while we work through the diagnosis. He does his best to avoid surgery by considering and trying all other options and avenues first. He is the best doctor I have found for my knee problem. He takes the time to look beyond the surface and get answers. I highly recommend Dr. Yousuf.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD?
Dr. Yousuf is absolutely the most impressive doctor I have ever gone to! He takes the time to listen to your questions and concerns and also takes the time to give detailed answers for you. You will definitely feel at ease in his presence. Dr. Yousuf is also very thorough in the way he reviews medical records. He obviously cares more about the best needs for his patients rather than the best way to get money out of them. He will not recommend something he doesn't feel you truly need. I am totally confident I will always get the best care from him. He did surgery on my knee. There were no complications, minimal discomfort, and the recovery time was much less than expected. I am in my upper 60's and there is no doctor I have ever met that I could more highly recommend than Dr. Khalid Yousuf. I am proud to know him and I greatly appreciate all he has done for me. I will certainly return to him for future care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD?
Dr. Yousuf is the best. Treats you as a person not a patient. I had full hip replacement surgery at the end of Jan. 2019 and back to normal within a couple of weeks. I would recommend Dr. Yousuf time and time again. Thank you is not enough for everything.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD?
I live in SE New Mexico. I was experiencing severe pain in my lower left back region post automobile accident and was being treated for pain in my lumbar and sacral spine. I was seeking pain relief that I was not getting in New Mexico. I visited Dr. Yousuf in late fall of 2018. It was determined that the source of my pain was my left hip. The joint was totally bone on bone. I had a total left hip replacement on 12/21/2018 and got a 90% pain reduction. My pain has reduced 90%. Great Job
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD?
After meeting Dr. Yousuf the first time I felt like he was the surgeon to do my total knee replacement. Just a few days after my surgery has been completed, I am totally satisfied with Dr. Yousuf and all his staff, and the Star Surgery Center. I’ve met many orthopedic surgeons over the years and Dr Yousuf is by far and way the best. My highest recommendation
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD?
Excellent treatment of patient. Dr. Yousuf spent time explaining things in a complete manner to help me in my decision. I am glad I chose to work with him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD?
I was so depressed, constant hip pain and unable to do much of anything. I was desperate to get my life back. My GP referred me to Dr Yousuf, stating "he is the best". She was so right! Dr. Yousuf was honest, friendly, and put me at ease immediately. He patiently explained my options and I decided on hip replacement. BEST DECISION I HAVE EVER MADE! One day surgery, BEST of care (Dr Yousuf INSISTS his patients get only the best), 6 weeks later walking 2+ miles a day and have my life back!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD?
Simply a breath of fresh air! Without even having had surgery, I would recommend Dr. Yousuf to anyone. I went in yesterday to find a guy to cut on my hip. I left better educated with several less-extreme options and possible surgery if the others didn't work. I have a medical background, but often don't know what I think I know. He spent all the time I needed, explained things very clearly, and convinced me that my body just MIGHT heal itself without the surgery. I'm 68. We'll see... Thanks Doc!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD?
I fought my knee pain for years until I met Dr. Khalid Yousuf. Dr. Yousuf took the time to sit down with me and thoroughly explained everything regarding the condition of my knees and what to expect by having knee surgery. I had partial knee replacement on both knees within six weeks of each other. This has been the most positive experience I could have. Dr. Yousuf is kind and extremely professional when it comes to his patience's needs. Thank you!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD?
My wife had a partial knee replacement done with Dr. Khalid Yousuf. He is an outstanding surgeon, and did a fantastic job! I had researched several knee surgeons, and Dr. Yousuf had the best overall ratings in the Prosper/Frisco/McKinney area. Dr. Yousuf's protocol is great for managing the pain. He was careful with the surgery itself and any damage to tissue. In addition, he had a ON-Q pain ball installed, which made a dramatic difference to the level of pain. Highly recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD?
My husband badly needed a hip replacement and we were so lucky to have found Dr. Yousuf. He earned our trust by being honest and by spending as much time as we needed to answer questions. We felt he was 100% vested in fixing my husband's hip. After the surgery, we were amazed that we came home the next day (my husband is 71). It's only been eight days since surgery, but my husband continues to improve daily and is walking, with the aid of a walker, without pain for the first time in many months.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD?
Thorough in evaluation and treatment strategy and exceptionally patient-freindly demeanor. Explained treatment plan with an honest and direct assessment of the risks and benefits of certain surgical and non-surgical options. Very confident I found the right surgeon to treat my knee injury.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD?
I came to Dr. Yousuf with a very complicated knee history. Dr. Yousuf has been one of the very best orthopedist I have ever seen! He took his time with me, explained to me in detail his recommendations, and took a conservative approach to my treatment. He has a genuine caring for my wellbeing and has exhausted all avenues to to create the best plan of care for me that I could ask for. I would highly recommend Dr. Yousuf and I am so grateful to have such a trustworthy, knowledgeable orthopedist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD?
Dr. Yousuf is great, he is very knowledgeable and has the best bed manner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD?
I will need partial knee replacement in the near future, but wanted to provide a review based on my 4 appointments with Dr. Yousuf. I am 61 and only one other time have I visited a Dr. that sat down and explained my situation in such detail (in layman terms). Never hurries off to the next patient. Discusses all my questions, options and understanding of the situation until I am satisfied. Isn't "trigger" happy to jump into surgery but more interested in how we may "kick the can down the road
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD?
Early 60's, and fought hip replacement for over a year. Can not say enough. Dr Yousuf was pleasant, thorough and put me at ease instantly. His surgery skills seem unmatched. I never hurt after the surgery. Next to no bruising, and no bleeding,oozing, nothing! I am 3 weeks out of surgery, and not sure it's normal, but I am already on a cane only, still have outpatient PT to go through, but feeling absolutely wonderful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD?
At my age, hip problems can be devastating, so when I had a very painful episode with my left hip, I made an appointment with Dr. Yousuf. I was pleased to see that he had a brand-new office next to the Dallas Cowboy's office and practice facility, only a few miles from my house. I was able to get an appointment promptly and at a convenient time. Dr. Yousuf diagnosed my problem quickly. It turned out to be a slight ligament tear that is healing quickly. He is now my orthopedist of choice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD?
Dr. Yousuf is very knowledgeable and takes the time to explain ALL available options. He seems to have a conservative approach and only reccomends surgery when other options have been thoroughly explored. I appreciated the time he took to explain my condition.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD?
Dr. Yousuf is knowledgeable, proficient in his field, and also acts in the best interests of the patient. Thousands of patients are wheeled into operating rooms for surgery that isn't necessary. With my knee giving me trouble, I've had multiple procedures, now at 34 I need knee replacement. I consulted Dr. Yousuf and he is using non-surgical treatments to ease the pain (IT WORKS) and buy me more time before having to go through another surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD?
I finally found a compassionate doctor. Dr. Yousuf was not a referral, I did my homework and read these reviews. He will be doing my knee replacement soon. So professional and shared his knowledge with me. I had a late appt yet he still spent almost 30 minutes talking with me and going over my case. He never appeared to be in a hurry, even though there were others waiting to see him. I’m so shocked to find this caliber of doctor in the metroplex!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Yousuf?

1. Educate the patient about the source of their hip and/or knee pain
2. Help the patient maintain an active life style by utilizing all NON-SURGICAL techniques available
3. Utilize "proven" surgical techniques and "current" technologies ...

• Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery

• Arabic
  • Hindi
  • Urdu

Dr. Yousuf accepts

Dr. Yousuf accepts the following insurance:

American Republic
Wellcare of Georgia
WellPoint
Zurich
Cofinity

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Yousuf's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Yousuf's Top Procedures and Conditions

Joint Pain

Dr. Yousuf treats Joint Pain more than 97% of his peers

Dr. Yousuf treats this condition more than 97% of his peers

Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain

Dr. Yousuf treats Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain more than 96% of his peers

Dr. Yousuf treats this condition more than 96% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Knee Pain

• Chondrocalcinosis
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Computer-Assisted Total Hip Replacement
  • Computer-Assisted Total Knee Replacement
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Excision of Femur or Knee
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee Tendon Repair
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Mini Knee Surgery
  • Minimally Invasive Total Knee Replacement
  • Minimally Invasive, Quad-Sparing Knee Replacement
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Partial Knee Replacement
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Posterior Mini-Incision Total Hip Arthroplasty