Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 43

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD is an Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Plano, TX and has over 17 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Yousuf has extensive experience in Hip & Pelvic Surgery and Knee & Lower Limb Surgery. He graduated from Louisiana State Univ School Of Medicine In New Orleans|Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center At New Orl in 2006. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Frisco and Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - McKinney. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD

DALLAS HIP & KNEE- Khalid Yousuf, M.D

4716 Alliance Blvd Ste 600 Plano, TX 75093
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Yousuf with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Medical City Plano.

These providers are on the medical staff of Medical City Plano.

Dr. Yousuf's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Yousuf

The best surgeon ever!
I have already had both knees replaced and went to Dr Yousuf for revisions. I am on day 3 after surgery and minimal pain. Total opposite of my previous experience. His technique along with his protocol is a game changer.
Terri Pniewski-Gonzalez – Sep 02, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD?
From my father Ryad: Dr. Yousuf did my hip replacement surgery. Being a minimally invasive surgery, I was hoping for a speedy recovery to return to work as soon as possible. To my shock, it was a much quicker recovery than I even expected! After two days, I was no longer in pain! I returned to work after just three weeks! It was just amazing! Can’t say enough good things about Dr. Yousuf and his staff, Wendy (coordinator), Jana (nurse), and Matt (P.A.).
Feb 28, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD?
In my first meeting, Dr. Yousuf (Doc Y) reviewed my MRI, X-rays and scans of my hip but also took time to listen to my situation. He clearly explained options and risks and gave me target challenges to meet before scheduling my surgery. This was a big decision; his knowledge, candor and empathy inspired hope & courage to commit to this surgery. Doc Y and staff were with me, supporting every step of the way before, during and after the surgery. I did not realize just how soul crushing this condition had become until after the procedure. I am now in physical therapy and free of the bone-on-bone hip pain. Yes, there are occasional aches and pains, but a dark weight has been lifted from my heart & mind and I am so thankful for the skill and expertise and human touch of Doc Y & team. If you are under the cloud of chronic hip pain, I encourage you to take the first step toward a pain free life. I recommend Doc Y & his staff as best in class. HaPpY DaNcE like no one is watching!
SST – Feb 16, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD?
I was fortunate enough to be referred to Dr. Yousuf for replacements for both of my knees. I have now completed both replacements with no issues. The facilities that were used were incredible. The staff was great and Dr. Yousuf was special in his ability to make me and my wife feel involved and good about the process. I consider myself immensely lucky to have Dr. Yousuf as my surgeon!!
Gary Larson – Dec 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD?
After years of hip injections, Dr Yousuf was recommended to me. He was friendly, very informative about my diagnosis ( bone -on-bone) , open to my many questions, and gave a frank assessment of my future as a 69 year-old daily walker. My first hip replacement was in August and the second was 2 months later. Both surgeries were out-patient at the Star in Frisco, problem-free, and I was walking within hours. The friendly, highly-trained staff , including a joint coach & physical therapist, were excellent and easily accessible. Because of his unique surgical techniques, my recovery was relatively easy. I highly recommend this incredible surgeon & physician!
Nov 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD?
Dr. Yousuf did a total knee replacement on my left knee. After many years of dealing with a messed up knee, I am finally walking straight and without a limp! Surgery went well and I am recovering nicely. Dr. Yousuf was very professional and had great bedside manner. As a nurse myself, I recognize and appreciate Dr. Yousuf's exceptional care.
Jainy – Nov 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD?
Dr. Yousuf was the 4th or 5th doctor I consulted about the unbearable pain. None of the other doctors could figure out why I could hardly walk. One even suggested a stand-up desk. I finally found Dr. Yousuf and he really listened to me. When I described my symptoms he said it sounded like a problem with my hip. After an x-ray confirmed his diagnosis, I had the hip replacement surgery. Yes, I was scared before the surgery, but looking back, if I knew then what I know now, I would have done it sooner. Dr. Yousuf is amazing, and with his muscle-sparing technique and some physical therapy, I regained my ability to move without pain within a matter of a few short weeks. My husband is now a patient of Dr. Yousuf too. I highly recommend him.
Deborah – Oct 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD?
The whole team and Dr Yousef were great they really took good care of me. I had a partial knee replacement on both of my knees at the same time. I had rehab and was back playing golf in 2 months for my 74th birthday!
Rick – Aug 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD?
I have had two Total Knee Replacements performed by Dr. Yousuf- the first on March 24th, and the second on June 9th. The results of both surgeries have been outstanding- both the actual surgeries, and my recovery afterwards. Dr. Yousuf took the time to thoroughly evaluate my initial issues, and to recommend the best surgical technique. He wants you to ask as many questions as you need, and is very patient. His staff is also excellent, and my surgeries were done on an outpatient basis— the surgeries were in the morning, and I was comfortably home in the afternoon. I also recommend the outpatient surgical facility at the Baylor Scott White Star in Frisco- very modern, comprehensive, and comfortable.
BNB – Jul 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Yosuf by my prior surgeon as I was in need to have hip revision after my implant had moved after 22 years. I can only tell you how terrified I was to have this surgery for a number of reasons. I had searched other reputable establishments regarding the operation and what to expect, as far as recovery and success rate. Simply put, I have NEVER been happier in my lifetime after Dr. Yosuf performed my surgery. Not ONE item was true on the procedure I searched....... My leg was an 1 1/8” shorter and I was terrified of my life with the possibility of losing additional leg length, a rehabilitation which took months, if not years to recuperate from.....not true at all. Technology has advanced so tremendously I couldn’t believe it. Having first met Dr. Yosuf and as he reviewed my Xrays, he turned to me and said “that is one of the worst left hips I have ever seen”! Talk about terrified....well don’t be. I was walking and released the very next day. ????
Stephen Hartnell – Jun 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD?
Today I had my hip check/follow up. I had my hip replaced 2 years ago. I waited years to find the right doctor and then I found Dr. Yousuf and so glad I did. Amazing, he was so nice and takes the time to listen, his staff in office and surgery all very comforting. My hip today wonderful no pain, no problems it was quick recovery following his protocol. Would give him 20 stars if I could.
KathyB – May 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD?
Had both hips replaced in an eight-week time frame due to a rare bone condition (don't ask!). Throughout those two months (and after), Dr. Yousuf and his exceptional team were constantly accessible and incredibly responsive. The doc's entire protocol is designed to ensure his patients recover as quickly as possible with therapy and at-home nurse visits beginning the day after surgery. The prescribed physical was admittedly challenging from time to time but it definitely has helped me heal. Mission accomplished -- less than a month after the second operation, I'm walking better than before the surgery. And, there are only minor instances of discomfort. Each day I think less and less about the replacements and soon the surgery will be just a vague memory. I would recommend Dr. Yousuf very highly -- my only regret is that I didn't have this surgery sooner!
Sean F. -- Dallas – Apr 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD?
Exceptional Orthopedic Surgeon. The original meetings were very informative. He explained in great detail my left hip bone-on-bone status. The course of surgery was seamless under a truly caring Surgion.
Harry Humphries – Mar 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD?
Dr. Yousuf and his excellent, caring surgical staff are to be commended on how they handled my hip surgery in January 2021. It was team work perfection from the first appointment to meet him until my six week post surgery release. In hospital early morning and home at 8:30 that evening was unbelievable. There are not enough words to describe the whole experience. A big thank you to everyone who was involved in making surgery and recovery the best it could be for me! Dr. Yousuf in my book comes with a number one recommendation and I thank him profusely for his dedicated medical knowledge and making the patients his top priority,
Joanne O'Connell – Mar 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD?
My orthopedist referred me to Dr. Yousuf for a total knee revision December 2020. After scans & x-rays were reviewed Dr. Yousuf knew exactly what the problem was. I am now 10 weeks post-surgery and am doing wonderful. Dr. Yousuf and his team at the BSW Plano location are WONDERFUL! I was well informed before, during and after my surgery. The office works wonderfully together. Dr. Yousuf and his team are friendly, patient, kind and know what they are doing. They make you feel less apprehensive about your experience. Dr. Yousuf is very knowledgeable and explains things in a way that you can easily understand.
N. Dockery – Feb 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD?
I had total left hip replacement in Nov 2020 and had to do the same to the right in December 2020. At first, I was very apprehensive about the surgery. I had seen 2 other Doctor’s prior and wasn’t ready to commit to surgery. Then a couple of friends who just had the same surgery recommended I speak to Dr. Yousuf. It was the best recommendation anyone has ever given me. I am extremely happy with both surgeries and the recovery. The downtime was minimal (2 weeks) and I was back on my feet doing my normal routine. Dr. Yousuf knows his field. His expertise and confidence put me and my family at ease. I would also like to recognize his team from schedulers, nurses and office staff who made the entire process pain free. My recommendation is don’t live with the pain. If surgery is your best option, Dr. Yousuf and his team will take AMAZING care of you.
Mark S – Jan 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD?
Dr. Yousuf did a total left hip replacement on October 5, 2020. I walked that day and have been getting better every day since. Today I got my release from Dr. Yousef . If you listen to him and the therapy team you will recover fast.
Dee Wallace – Nov 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD?
Dr. Yousuf and his staff gave me my life back. The skill and knowledge they posses is second to none. I felt comfortable from the first visit that Dr. Yousuf was being honest and straightforward about the condition of my hip and what treatment I needed to correct my condition. I had waited to see an orthopedist for well over a year because I didn't fully trust that I would receive a prognosis free of bias and honestly, I was terrified of having a major surgery. During our first conversation while reviewing my x-ray, Dr. Yousuf put those fears to rest. It was determined I would need a total hip replacement, and for me, the sooner the better. I had been a professional athlete and extremely active up until my hip injury and the assurance I could return to almost all of my physical activities seemed to good to be true. After the surgery, I could walk without help within 3 days. The pain and soreness was minimal and I could exercise (outside of rehab) in just 2 weeks! Enough said!!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Billy Carmack DC – Nov 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD?
Dr. Yousuf is knowledgeable, compassionate, he cares, he takes his time to listen, he gives you short time and long term treatment, and a wonderful person. I trust him to bring my 94 year old mother to him for her hips. He and his staff can’t be beat for caring and make the best decisions for you. Love them all??
Sandra Thurman – Nov 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD?
Dr. Yousuf and his staff are the best! I had a total right hip (anterior) replacement one year ago. Before surgery I had so much pain I couldn't sleep at night, or go for a walk. I was able to go home the day of surgery with much less pain than before surgery! And I was able to climb stairs that same day. After a year I tend to forget I had a replacement at all. Dr. Yousuf and his staff prepared me for surgery, and planned for excellent home health following surgery. This was a great experience.
Oct 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Khalid Yousuf, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Yousuf?