Dr. Khader Shamieh, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery | Male

Dr. Khader Shamieh, MD
Dr. Khader Shamieh, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Covington, LA. He is 39 years old and has been practicing for 11 years. Dr. Shamieh is affiliated with East Jefferson General Hospital, Lakeview Regional Medical Center, North Oaks Medical Center, Southern Surgical Hospital, Cypress Pointe Surgical Hospital and Louisiana Heart Hospital.

Dr. Shamieh's Care Philosophy

In 2010 I was run over by an SUV and seriously injured. I was in ICU for two weeks. While my accident almost killed me, it also made me a more compassionate person, and a better surgeon. When I tell my patients I understand how they feel, it's not just something they told me to say in med school. I really do I understand the fear, frustration and anxiety associated with a major medical trauma. Will I walk again? Will I ever get better? Will this pain ever go away? Of all of the training I've received, the best lessons I've learned started under the wheels of a Cadillac Escalade. When I tell a patient, "I've been there," they can rest assured that I really have. Because of my experiences, I'm passionate about how my practice delivers treatment to my patients.

Dr. Shamieh's Experience

See how Dr. Shamieh's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Shamieh

Dr. Shamieh accepts 13 insurance carriers

Dr. Shamieh is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 6 hospitals where Dr. Shamieh has admitting privileges.

Dr. Shamieh's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shamieh to family and friends
    4.3
    Dr. Shamieh's Performance
    Covington, LA |
    While I am somewhat satisfied with my procedure results I want to warn others that once you pass the "global period" for follow up visits the cost for an office visit is 700.00!!!!! When I complained about it I was told "We are specialists." I didn't even see a doctor. I saw the Physician's Assistant for 10 minutes! No more follow ups for me.
    in DeQuincy Louisiana |
    My 19 year old son had a herniated disc that we battled for a year. We tried injections, medicine..etc! Nothing was working. We met with Dr Shamieh and within 2 mins we knew that this was the Dr that was going to give him his life back. As parents we were a nervous wreck but Dr Shamieh knew exactly what to do to help him. He performed a minor surgery to repair his disc and to alleviate that terrible pain down his leg. He woke up from surgery feeling great and was totally pain free. Thank you!
    Covington,LA |
    He was really rude he didn't take time with me he answered his phone in the room in the middle of my conversation with him and was talking to a friend of his not even business related he treated me as if I was pill searching so I am back to the drawing board with my neck problems he didn't even tell me anything about my problems just told me to see another doctor very confusing doctor and girls behind desk at front are very RUDE
    in Metairie, LA |
    I would certainly recommend Dr. Shamieh to friends, and have recommended him numerous times. He was professional, patient and accessible-all traits that are appreciated when one is in pain. My outcome was very good, and I attribute this good outcome to Dr. Shamieh's surgery and the excellent PT I received at Movement Science Center. Highly recommend both.
    in Metairie, LA |
    I was referred for a second set of eyes. The first visit he said one thing that gave me hope, but the second visit was the complete opposite. There was no rhyme or reason to what occurred with him. Being charged in advance and then filing my insurance, I was over charged and yet have to see a refund after nearly a year! I was also told My back is worse than yours.
    Have you seen Dr. Khader Shamieh, MD?
    Are you Dr. Shamieh?

Dr. Shamieh's Care Philosophy

In 2010 I was run over by an SUV and seriously injured.  I was in ICU for two weeks.

While my accident almost killed me, it also made me a more compassionate person, and a better surgeon.  When I tell my patients I understand how they feel, it's not just something they told me to say in med school.  I really do I understand the fear, frustration and anxiety associated with a major medical trauma.  Will I walk again?  Will I ever get better?  Will this pain ever go away?

Of all of the training I've received, the best lessons I've learned started under the wheels of a Cadillac Escalade.  When I tell a patient, "I've been there," they can rest assured that I really have.

Dr. Shamieh's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Malpractice claims in Louisiana not available

Dr. Shamieh has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

Why It Matters: Dr. Shamieh's Board Certifications

• Ankylosing Vertebral Hyperostosis
    • Cervical Herniated Disc
    • Cervical Radiculopathy
    • Cervical Spondylolisthesis
    • Gout
    • Knee Fracture
    • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
    • Lumbar Herniated Disc
    • Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
    • Lumbar Spine Fracture
    • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
    • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

The Spine Institute Of Arizona

Completed in 2012

Louisiana State University

Graduated in 2000

Dr. Shamieh does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shamieh and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Anterior Cervical Herniated Disc Surgery With Fusion
    • Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion Surgery (ALIF)
    • Carpal Tunnel Release
    • Cervical Artificial Disc Replacement
    • Disc Replacement
    • Herniated Disc Surgery
    • Kyphoplasty
    • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
    • Lumbar Laminectomy
    • Microdiscectomy
    • Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
    • Minimally Invasive Surgery
    • Neuroplasty
    • Posterior Cervical Laminectomy
    • Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion Surgery (PLIF)
    • Spinal Cord Stimulation