Dr. Kevin Yao, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 51

Neurosurgery

Dr. Kevin Yao, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Englewood, NJ and has over 25 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons in 1997. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Englewood Hospital And Medical Center and Hackensack University Medical Center. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Kevin Yao, MD

309 Engle St Ste 1 Englewood, NJ 07631
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Compare with other Neurosurgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Yao with our nearby Neurosurgery Specialists at Newark Beth Israel Medical Center.

These providers are on the medical staff of Newark Beth Israel Medical Center.

Dr. Yao's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Yao

97.61904761904762%

I have been very hesitant about taking anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF) surgery even after consulting several neurosurgeons. Dr. Kevin Yao helped me to analyze my medical condition as well as decision making rationale along the way. I trust Dr. Yao’s professional expertise based on his profile, but more over, Dr. Yao helped me to build up confidence about the result of the surgery and confidence about him as person of compassionate, understanding, peaceful and calm characters. The team is World-Class. Friendly, efficient and responsive.
Wen Gan – Aug 18, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Yao, MD?
After a terrible experience with a doctor in Chatham, a friend suggested that I get a second opinion from Dr. Yao. The doctor in Chatham recommended an L5 S1 fusion. This was after four visits and over $1,000 in copays and deductibles. Dr. Yao reviewed my MRI and pictures. He said that I definitely did not need a fusion and that only a minor procedure was required. He was right. I am now three weeks out post surgery and I feel great! Everything that needs to be said about Dr. Yao and his staff (Anna, Demaris, Theresa) has already been said in his other reviews. The only thing I would add is that if there was a “sixth star” to click, I would absolutely do so. My overall experience was better than perfect! Thank you Dr. Yao!
Tom Caine – Sep 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Yao, MD?
Dr. Yao and all of the staff are friendly and give you pain-forgetting comfort.
Sun Hee Cho – May 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Yao, MD?
This was the post operation visit with Dr Yao, who performed MVD surgery for my trigemenal neuralgia. The procedure was a huge success as the severe pain I had before surgery was totally gone after the procedure till today which is little over 3 weeks.
Apr 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Yao, MD?
Dr.Yao is a phenomenal neurosurgeon with the best bedside manner. He is empathetic, calming and truly cares for all his patients. He is a wonderful soul! I feel very fortunate and blessed that I have had the opportunity to be his patient. He saved my life. On December 10th, Dr.Yao performed brain surgery on me. A date I’ll never forget because that was the day, Dr.Yao gave me my life back. I’ve never met a doctor so empathetic and compassionate, I wish more doctors were like him. It’s easy to see that caring is Dr. Yao’s real speciality! Thank you from the bottom of my heart. If you have a brain tumor, please do not hesitate to visit Dr. Yao!
Lena Chung – Dec 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Yao, MD?
I had pain with pins/needles slowly advancing from my feet to my chest starting last December. For months, I saw my regular doctors and they had no idea so finally when the pain was too much, I saw my orthopedist who immediately called a neurologist who called Dr. Yao. He personally called the day after, a Saturday, to set up appointment on Monday. He immediately put me at ease with his easy manner and listened to me and spoke so I would understand everything going on. On the MRI we found a sizable maeingioma (mass) in the upper spinal column that was causing so much trouble. I was to immediately have a pre-surgery appointment, a covid test and I was admitted to Englewood hospital within 3 days. Wow. The surgery went very well and I could not be happier with the results. The mass is gone, the surgical site is healing up beautifully, my balance has returned and there is no pain. Thank you Dr. Yao. I would definitely recommend him to family and friends.
Deborah Hallden – Nov 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Yao, MD?
My husband and I went to see Dr. Kevin Yao, for the first time , we were very impressed how Dr.Yao was very professional, very knowledgeable we where very skeptical on our way to his office for the first time .when he came in the room he started asking questions and examining my husband , Then went over my husband diagnostic he gave my husband several options then he gave us all the information that we need then he gave us the feeling to trust him the same day my husband decided Dr.Yao will scheduled his appointment for surgery. My husband was in treatment since August/7/2020 with a neurologist then went with Dr.Yao scheduled the craniotomy surgery everything was very smooth and fast when it comes to scheduling for surgery .Dr.Yao team very knowledgeable, friendly, very caring for patients.Dr .Yao Thank you ?? so much for helping my husband and my family . I had told you Dr.Yao your are our family angel god bless you always Thank you again from the bottom of my heart God Bless You.
Yeni Umana – Nov 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Yao, MD?
My experience with Dr. Yao was excellent, would recommend all my colleagues to utilize his superior surgical skills for their patients when indicated. This review is being given by me as a patient with personal experience and as a primary care providing physician who received sensational service and care by him and his staff.
Homer Nelson, MD – Nov 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Yao, MD?
Dr. Yao is an an amazing surgeon. He is extremely kind and reassuring. Dr. Yao is very knowledgeable and cares about his patients. I was very comfortable having back surgery with him. I highly recommend Dr. Yao.
Michelle B – Oct 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Yao, MD?
My experience with Dr Yao was excellent.He explained in detail what my condition was and answered all my questions in a language I could understand not just Dr speak.He also explained what the procedure would entail and what results I could expect very clearly and in a very relaxed way that made me feel comfortable that he was the right guy for the job In addition the staff couldn't have been more supportive and friendly and helped navigate me through the difficulties that crop up when dealing wit a health insurance company
alan malowitz – Aug 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Yao, MD?
Dr. Yao was recommended by my primary care doctor Robert Rizzo. I had a non stop, awful pain starting from my neck down to my left shoulder and weakness on my left hand. After visiting Dr. Yao, he convinced me about a spinal surgery. I trusted his confidence that this will take away all that pain that I have been suffering for weeks. The surgery went great and now no more pain left!! I truly appreciate Dr. Yao and his team at Metropolitan Neurosurgery for helping me out all together. If anybody asks me about a good neurosurgeon, the answer is simple ; Dr. Kevin Yao!!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Serop Karabulut – Jul 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Yao, MD?
I had lumbar decompression fusion in early June 2020 and Dr. Yao did an amazing job. I'm am extremely pleased and the pre operative pain immediately disappeared. After a few weeks of healing I am elated how well I feel. Thank you Dr. Yao!!!
Sergio Mejia – Jun 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Yao, MD?
I have never written a review of any kind..... If a back surgery experience can ever be called "great" then Dr Yao was "great". He was calm and cool at all times, he always had time to answer questions and allay fears. Im now 3 weeks post op and feeling good. "It takes a village" to have a great experience, Dr Yao's entire team, from my first office visit all the way through the hospital experience at Englewood was amazing. Thank you Dr Yao...
Brian – Mar 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Yao, MD?
My visit with Dr. FAO and his staff was very caring and professional. He addressed all of my needs and concerns about my diagnosis, with great compassion and direction. A true neurosurgeon professional, with my best interest at heart. I would Highly recommend his service.
Jennifer E. Rabb – Dec 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Yao, MD?
I have been suffering from Trigeminal Neuralgia for many years, ....I wanted Gamma Knife I sought out Dr. Yao, he was very attentive, caring, and understanding, I had Gamma Knife on 8/21/2019, Dr. Yao, explained the procedure, and answered all my questions and addressed all my concerns. Dr. Yao is an extermely good Doctor. Since having the Gamma Knife procedure, my condition has improved substantially, and I not having any pains.. I highly reccommend Gama Knife for anyone with Trigeminal Neuralgia, and definitely highly Reccommend Dr. Kevin Yao. Thank You very much, for improving the quality of my life
Howard L. – Oct 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Yao, MD?
Most down to earth & approachable individual, detailed evaluation & explanation of my condition could not prepare me for the miraculous results ! once I was alert after recovery & past my fear of unsteadiness I am standing & walking pain free , this was within hours of my procedure, microdiscectomy. This was a first class experience from the moment I entered the office to the kind & attentive follow up calls I received the day after. The indescribable pain which has not been matched by any in my life is gone. I more that highly recommend this surgeon & his practice....
Tim. K in Carteret , NJ – Jun 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Yao, MD?
Dr Yao is a fantastic surgeon, I also found him to be extremely knowledgeable and compassionate. I had a lumbar fusion and the healing is slow but steady. I also had several calls with Damaris, she is wonderful, I found the office staff to be the same and very efficient. I would highly recommend the practice. On a side note, Englewood hospital is excellent! From the onset with Dr Yao and staff, through the surgery, it went so smoothly.
May 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Yao, MD?
Dr. Kevin Yao performed surgeries on both of my wife and me, and we are so thankful for his kindness and complete professionalism. From the first meeting to the surgery day, he made us believe that we are in absolute control, and the result of both of our surgeries were even greater than our high expectations from Dr. Yao. A lot of staff at the Englewood hospital told me how great doctor he is during my staying, and that was another great sign for me to feel very secure about what I had to go through. He even personally called me and asked how I was doing right after I was discharged from the hospital. I would love to recommend Dr. Yao to anyone who is going through tough time. He will do the amazing thing for you as well.
May 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Yao, MD?
Dr. Yao was very understanding and compassionate. I am grateful for his expertise when I had surgery to repair a disk that was pushed into a nerve in my back. He was so helpful, my wife went to see him for a back issue of her own. Thank you, Doc!
Apr 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Yao, MD?
Dr. Yao is a most skilled and compassionate physician. His work is excellent. I feel safe with Dr. Yao.
Mar 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Yao, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Yao?