Dr. Kevin Yao, MD

Dr. Yao
Telehealth services available

Metropolitan Neurosurgery Associates

309 ENGLE ST Englewood, NJ 07631

Dr. Kevin Yao, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Englewood, NJ. Dr. Yao has more experience with Cranial Neurosurgery than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Englewood Hospital And Medical Center and Hackensack University Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Yao to book an appointment.

Compare with other Neurosurgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Yao with our nearby Neurosurgery Specialists at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital.

Make an appointment at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital today at (732) 820-4217.

provider hospital

These providers are on the medical staff of Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital.

Dr. Yao's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Yao

Dr. Yao?
  • Explained conditions well (29)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (28)
  • Listened & answered questions (28)
  • Long wait times (18)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (2)
  • Appointment was rushed (1)
My experience with Dr Yao was excellent.He explained in detail what my condition was and answered all my questions in a language I could understand not just Dr speak.He also explained what the procedure would entail and what results I could expect very clearly and in a very relaxed way that made me feel comfortable that he was the right guy for the job In addition the staff couldn't have been more supportive and friendly and helped navigate me through the difficulties that crop up when dealing wit a health insurance company
alan malowitz – Aug 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Yao, MD?
Dr. Yao was recommended by my primary care doctor Robert Rizzo. I had a non stop, awful pain starting from my neck down to my left shoulder and weakness on my left hand. After visiting Dr. Yao, he convinced me about a spinal surgery. I trusted his confidence that this will take away all that pain that I have been suffering for weeks. The surgery went great and now no more pain left!! I truly appreciate Dr. Yao and his team at Metropolitan Neurosurgery for helping me out all together. If anybody asks me about a good neurosurgeon, the answer is simple ; Dr. Kevin Yao!!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Serop Karabulut – Jul 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Yao, MD?
I had lumbar decompression fusion in early June 2020 and Dr. Yao did an amazing job. I'm am extremely pleased and the pre operative pain immediately disappeared. After a few weeks of healing I am elated how well I feel. Thank you Dr. Yao!!!
Sergio Mejia – Jun 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Yao, MD?
I was suffering from all types of symptoms and finally with an MRI indicating a mass in m spinal column I was referred to Dr. Yao and I am so thankful for the referral. I could not have felt more confident that Dr. Yao was the exact surgeon for my condition and I could not have been more at ease with the prospect of spinal surgery. He actually communicated with my other Doctors and called me on a Saturday afternoon to get the ball rolling. Who does that? The entire experience of shooting me through all my pre-surgery testing and admitting me into Englewood Hospital was so smooth and effortless. The hospital staff was wonderful and Dr. Yao made me feel comfortable and relaxed. He answered any and all questions and was never in a hurry to move on. I am 3 week out of surgery now and am healing nicely. Thank you Dr. Yao. You saved me. I would definitely recommend Dr. Yao.
Deborah H – Jun 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Yao, MD?
I have never written a review of any kind..... If a back surgery experience can ever be called "great" then Dr Yao was "great". He was calm and cool at all times, he always had time to answer questions and allay fears. Im now 3 weeks post op and feeling good. "It takes a village" to have a great experience, Dr Yao's entire team, from my first office visit all the way through the hospital experience at Englewood was amazing. Thank you Dr Yao...
Brian – Mar 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Yao, MD?
My visit with Dr. FAO and his staff was very caring and professional. He addressed all of my needs and concerns about my diagnosis, with great compassion and direction. A true neurosurgeon professional, with my best interest at heart. I would Highly recommend his service.
Jennifer E. Rabb – Dec 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Yao, MD?
I have been suffering from Trigeminal Neuralgia for many years, ....I wanted Gamma Knife I sought out Dr. Yao, he was very attentive, caring, and understanding, I had Gamma Knife on 8/21/2019, Dr. Yao, explained the procedure, and answered all my questions and addressed all my concerns. Dr. Yao is an extermely good Doctor. Since having the Gamma Knife procedure, my condition has improved substantially, and I not having any pains.. I highly reccommend Gama Knife for anyone with Trigeminal Neuralgia, and definitely highly Reccommend Dr. Kevin Yao. Thank You very much, for improving the quality of my life
Howard L. – Oct 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Yao, MD?
Most down to earth & approachable individual, detailed evaluation & explanation of my condition could not prepare me for the miraculous results ! once I was alert after recovery & past my fear of unsteadiness I am standing & walking pain free , this was within hours of my procedure, microdiscectomy. This was a first class experience from the moment I entered the office to the kind & attentive follow up calls I received the day after. The indescribable pain which has not been matched by any in my life is gone. I more that highly recommend this surgeon & his practice....
Tim. K in Carteret , NJ – Jun 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Yao, MD?
Dr Yao is a fantastic surgeon, I also found him to be extremely knowledgeable and compassionate. I had a lumbar fusion and the healing is slow but steady. I also had several calls with Damaris, she is wonderful, I found the office staff to be the same and very efficient. I would highly recommend the practice. On a side note, Englewood hospital is excellent! From the onset with Dr Yao and staff, through the surgery, it went so smoothly.
May 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Yao, MD?
Dr. Kevin Yao performed surgeries on both of my wife and me, and we are so thankful for his kindness and complete professionalism. From the first meeting to the surgery day, he made us believe that we are in absolute control, and the result of both of our surgeries were even greater than our high expectations from Dr. Yao. A lot of staff at the Englewood hospital told me how great doctor he is during my staying, and that was another great sign for me to feel very secure about what I had to go through. He even personally called me and asked how I was doing right after I was discharged from the hospital. I would love to recommend Dr. Yao to anyone who is going through tough time. He will do the amazing thing for you as well.
May 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Yao, MD?
Dr. Yao was very understanding and compassionate. I am grateful for his expertise when I had surgery to repair a disk that was pushed into a nerve in my back. He was so helpful, my wife went to see him for a back issue of her own. Thank you, Doc!
Apr 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Yao, MD?
Dr. Yao is a most skilled and compassionate physician. His work is excellent. I feel safe with Dr. Yao.
Mar 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Yao, MD?
Dr. Kevin Yao is the most wonderful doctor- surgeon whom I had the pleasure and privilege to have as my surgeon.I trusted him completely with my care, and had a wonderful experience throughout. His character and personality as well is unbelievably special. He’s a phenomenal surgeon, very patient, takes his time explaining, and his bedside manner is the best!! It helps that his staff are wonderful too. I would highly recommend Dr Kevin Yao! He will always have a special place in my heart! Rivka H
Mar 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Yao, MD?
Joseph liquori jr Dr Yao is the absolute best!! Explained to me how the surgery would take place and how they would have me up walking the same day with no pain! I’m so happy with Dr Yao and his staff.Damaris and Teresa were so friendly and helpful, I recommend him very highly to everybody who talks about needing a surgery
joseph liquori jr in Hillside , NJ – Feb 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Yao, MD?
Dr. Yao is an amazing neurosurgeon. I want to share my experience and how happy I am with my results after having ACDF surgery. Dr. Yao takes his time to explain and answer any questions. I felt very confident and trusted his opinion but surgery was a big decision so I put it off and Dr. Yao personally contacted me to express the seriousness of my condition. I can't thank him enough for improving my quality of life. He changed my life and for that I am very grateful.
Dawn Marie Rhodey in North Arlington , NJ – Jan 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Yao, MD?
Dr. Yao performed brain surgery on me for the second time and both times was a success. Dr. Yao is very professional and always explain how and what to expect from the procedure. He is an excellent surgeon and I will recommend anybody to him. I had brain surgery on August 11, 2016 and on November 19, 2018 and both times the outcome has been has been a blessing! Thank you Dr. Yao for taking good care of me! Kareem Jacobson
Kareem Jacobson in Hackensack, NJ – Nov 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Yao, MD?
Awesome experience from beginning to end. I felt nervous going into the procedure and now I can't believe how easy this process has been. I had an ACDF/C4-C6 procedure and I now feel too good to be true. Wonderful team and experience. Bravo!
Mark B. in Englewood, NJ – Nov 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Yao, MD?
The BEST neurosurgeon ever.
TEANECK, NJ – Sep 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Yao, MD?
All I can say is Dr. Yao is amazing! Hands down the best! I finally had my decompression and fusion after dealing with pain for over 15 years. And while my recovery has been slow (as expected) and still not over, I get better and better everyday! For anyone going through fusion surgery.....be patient! It will not happen overnight. You will get there. I'm getting there! Thank you Dr. Yao for all of your help. I'm looking forward to my next appointment so you can see how well I'm doing!
Enza Martino in North Haledon, NJ – Sep 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Yao, MD?
Dr. Yao is an excellent surgeon. I had L-4/5 disk decompression/fusion surgery. Before this, my herniated disk was causing me an enormous amount of leg pain and immobility. After the surgery, this pain was immediately relieved. I was able to get out of bed and walk on the following day. After 9 weeks, my strength and mobility have returned. I am working on my balance, which is getting better as the healing goes on. I am back to my active life and enjoying it very much.
Mar 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Yao, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Yao?

Dr. Yao strives to maximize each patient's quality of life by restoring neurological function while minimizing pain.

• Neurosurgery