Dr. Kevin Xie, MD

Dr. Kevin Xie, MD

Neurology  |

Dr. Kevin Xie, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Las Vegas, NV. He is 53 years old and has been practicing for 31 years. Read his story

Nevada Neurosciences Institute

3006 S Maryland Pkwy Ste 765

Las Vegas, NV 89109

• HealthCare Partners

Learn about Dr. Xie

See how frequently Dr. Xie performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Confusion
Peripheral Nerve Disorders
Brain Disorders

Dr. Xie's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Xie's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Xie "Dr. Xie recently relocated to Nevada after practicing in Minnesota for over 12 years at the Centracare clinic. He graduated from Binzhou Medical College in China and then came to the United States to continue his medical education where he went on to obtain a Ph.D. in Pharmacology and did an internship and residency in Neurology at Texas Tech University School of Medicine and the University of Arkansas. In addition, he obtained an MBA from the University of St. Thomas Healthcare programs in 2012. He practices General Neurology and seems a broad spectrum of neurological conditions and diseases inclusive of severe migraines/headaches, epilepsy, and multiple sclerosis. He does do his own EMG procedures in the office and certain procedures for intractable migraines. He practices exclusively with Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center and oversees his patients care at the dedicated Epilepsy Monitoring Unit. He has 3 children and loves spending time with his family in his new city."

This content was provided by Dr. Xie "Continued care of the patients across their continuum of care and working collaboratively with their other doctors is my of utmost importance."

• Neurology

• Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
  • Optic Neuritis
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Polyneuropathy Due to Alcohol and Drugs
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Seizure Disorders
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Stroke
  • Subdural Hemorrhage
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Tuberous Sclerosis
  • Vasculitis
  • Vertigo
  • Visual Field Defects

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

• Shanghai Medical University
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1997
  • University Of Ar College Of Med
  • University Of Arkansas School Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Xie has no media or publications listed.

• Chinese, Mandarin

Dr. Xie does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Xie and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Xie's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Xie to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Xie's Performance
in Henderson, NV |
Excellent Doctor. Very knowledgeable. Listened to our concerns and had excellent recommendations.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Best place to go to get your issues and medicines under control. Dr. Xie has given me my life back where I am not afraid of my diagnosis anymore. He listens to your questions and answers them with professional demeanor. Because of him, I can have more fun with my wife and family
Las Vegas, NV |
Really nice,helpful,insightful, timely and great bedside manners.
Las Vegas, NV |
Minimal waiting time with efficient, friendly staff.
in Las Vegas |
I just had my first visit with Dr. Xie and he was great. I just moved here from Colorado and he was able to prescribe the same prescription for me that I have been on for many years. and seemed to know a lot about my neuropathy pain. The staff are very polite and helpful as well! Thank you Dr. Xie and staff! I will see you on my next visit.
in LAS VEGAS |
Dr Xie is an amazing Dr. His staff is very friendly, fast and gets things done. Dr Xie is great at his diagnosis and is very good at his job he knows what test need to be done and medicine to be given.
Las Vegas, NV |
I’ve had about 30 seizures of varying types for the last 2.5 mos. Then I had my first visit with Dr. Xie. He asked me “What are your expectations of me?". Doctors don’t always ask that. He listened. He was patient with me. There was no rushing me out the door. He even read through my checklist that I brought with me. He has committed to helping me. Every staff member smiled and comforting towards me. Dr. Xie made a plan with me.
Las Vegas, NV |
The first appt was fine: average bedside manner, asked questions, diagnosed me & prescribed meds. After that, impossible to schedule all addt'l appts. I went to get a 2nd opinion from a NY Neurosureon/expert in my condition. Learned Xie should've been monitoring my blood levels CLOSELY because of the effects of the drug he prescribed. Apparently common knowledge for Neurosurgeons prescribing this drug. Just one example of how he failed in different ways in patient care. Do not go to this doc.
I am sorry to hear this was the experience you had. Dr. Xie is a neurologist and does order labs to closely monitor levels once patients are on certain medications. He currently refers to the local neurosurgeons for additional care as he is not a neurosurgeon. We aim to provide the best care and follow through and would love to have an opportunity to review your concerns and your lab orders. Please call our office at 702-731-8115.
in Las Vegas, NV |
I love Dr. Xie!!! I moved to Las Vegas earlier this year and I'm so glad I found this office. I have a chronic, incurable spinal cord condition and every other doctor I've seen for months treated me terribly and never took me seriously. Dr. Xie always listens to what you have to say and is genuinely empathetic and caring. I was almost ready to just give up after the amount of doctors I tried until I came here. Would definitely recommend!!!
Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Xie took over the practice of Dr. Bangalore. I had discussed a VNS procedure with Dr. Bangalore and wanted to now talk about the relative merits of VNS and RNS. "One goes here. The other one goes here." Then more questions from me. "You can get one, you can get the other, you can get both." After repeated efforts to have an intelligent conversation with him, I only learned one thing that I did not know when I went in: I need another doctor.
in St. Cloud, MN |
Dr. Xie was one of the best providers I have ever worked with. He was patient, caring and truly cared about me and my complex case. He listened to me and didn't minimize my concerns. He treated my condition aggressively and he made a huge difference in my life. I have not seen him recently, but saw him approximately 15 times during the two years I worked with him. He was always professional and was open to the input of other professionals too. HIGHLY recommend Dr. Xie
in St Cloud Mn |
Years of being patient, and has been responsive to my carr. Hope to find his new clinic.
Have you seen Dr. Kevin Xie, MD?

Visit Dr. Xie