Dr. Kevin L. Whaley, MD

Dr. Kevin L. Whaley, MD

Dermatology | Male | 55 years old

32 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

Dr. Whaley specializes in Dermatology and practices in Colorado Springs, CO. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Whaley? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Whaley's Experience

See how Dr. Whaley's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Whaley

Dr. Whaley accepts 12 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Whaley has admitting privileges.

Dr. Whaley's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Whaley to family and friends
4.5
Experience with Dr. Whaley
Dr. Whaley's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (32)
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I highly recommend Dr Kevin Whaley and his staff because of the high quality of care, the timely manner they schedule patients, and most importantly (for me) - the way they treat you like a person and not simply a customer. Other offices rush you in and out and treat you like a number instead of a person. This is definitely not the case with Dr Whaley - he takes time to listen to you, offers several options, and always checks back with you on your progress. Thank you, Dr Whaley!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I was 3 minutes late for my appointment today. The receptionist informed me that because I was late I would need to reschedule. I've been going to this office for more than 10 years. I'll never go back. If you want people to pay you they need to receive appropriate customer service. Three minutes late is an unreasonable reason to have to reschedule an appointment. Every time I've visited this office I've been forced to wait more than 20 minutes before actually seeing a dr.
Hi Steve We're sorry about your last visit and previous waits. For all our patients we try to be prompt, and respect their time and the effort they made to see us. We might run behind if a patient needs more time than we anticipated. Seeing late patients can have a domino effect and make us late for the following patients. If we can't accommodate a late patient we offer to reschedule them. We regret that you feel you need to go elsewhere, and hope that you might reconsider
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Outstanding dermatologist. Dr Whaley cares about his patients and it shows in the way her interacts with everyone he meets. He explains very clearly the skin blemishes he finds and the treatment options available.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Positive and timely experience from check-in to exam. Knowledgeable and personable staff.
in Colorado Springs |
Dr. Whaley worked closely with my arthritis doctor (Dr. Michael Sayers) to treat my psoriatic arthritis as well as an aggressive outbreak of psoriasis. I've been seeing him for several years. He has an extremely professional and pleasant staff.
in Taos, NM |
Very straight forward. Scans are thorough and waiting time is minimal. Very efficient office. Everyone is personable and pleasant to deal with.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I have seen Dr. Whaley for several years for different problems and I highly recommend him for dermatological problems. He is very kind and knowledgeable. I am a retired hospital pharmacist and I can usually spot an excellent physician - Dr. Whaley is definitely in this category. Not only does he listen to me and discuss medical topics, he even took the time to explain some insurance issues.
Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Whaley is an excellent Doctor. He is willing to discuss new treatments for patients, in my case, the challenges of ocular rosacea. He always gives ideas for options, and is patient and kind as he listens to you, the patient. He also gives samples of Meds if you would like to try that med first, before purchasing it. I would recommend everyone make an appointment with Dr. Whaley
in Colorado Springs, CO |
My husband and I have been extremely satisfied patients of Dr. Whaley's for over 10 years now. We were convinced of his fine skills and abilities when he accurately and quickly diagnosed my husband's melanoma on his upper left shoulder/arm about 10 years ago. After successful diagnosis and excellent treatment plans along with a fellow surgeon, my husband remains cancer free. We are always delighted with Dr. Whaley's cheerful bedside manner, his professionalism, & genuine concern for well-being.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Whaley has always been considerate of my needs, and has always taken the time to talk about them.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Whaley is an outstanding medical provider. He has a friendly and caring demeanor and provides outstanding medical care. My appointments have always been on time. The office staff is friendly and helpful, especially Dawn in Reception.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
His training is excellent. His personality is warm and gracious. His doctor/patient relationship is superb,
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I've been seeing Doctor Whaley for the past 6-8years and can honestly say that He and his staff have with every one of my visits provided me with outstanding medical care-the professionalism and education enplaning, In detail the prognosis and what options I can choose from to improve my medical condition- each and every time requiring some type of surgery to remove skin cancer- end results-I have had 5 surgeries and I can say- all results were very successful-In short- (A JOB WELL DONE) THANK!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Whaley and his staff makes this experience as comfortable as possible and share best plans for action on your health. I recommend him highly.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Whaley has been my dermatologist for 12 years. Started off solving a skin problem that another dermatologist said was due to my age (62 at that time). In my 2 MOHS surgeries, he got the entire cancer on the first step. Did a scrape and burn for a basal cell on my nose this week and I had no discomfort at all. A consummate professional with a very personable manner and an obvious mastery of dermatology problems. I highly recommend Dr. Whaley.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Typically, I wouldn't go to a male dermatologist as I am an incest survivor, but I took a chance, and I was very pleasantly surprised. Dr. Whaley was wonderful--gentle, kind and super friendly. Of course, he was also very knowledgeable and took the time to talk to me so I understood. He asked my permission before touching me and told me ahead of time what he was going to do.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Incredible customer service. Very professional, credible and personable. Don't change.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Whaley has been very friendly and compassionate during my visits with him and has helped me with my problems. He explained what he was doing, what I should expect, and why he was doing it or recommending it. He also understood my need for additional assistance and needing family members there to help me with all the information given.
Have you seen Dr. Kevin L. Whaley, MD?

Dr. Whaley's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dermatology
  •  Board certified in Dermatology

Dr. Whaley has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

Why It Matters: Dr. Whaley's Board Certifications

• Dermatology

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Mild Skin Rash
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nail and Nail Bed Infection

• Other Education
    M D Anderson Cancer Ctr

Completed in 1996

• French

Dr. Whaley does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Whaley and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dermatology