Dr. Kevin Whaley, MD

Dr. Kevin Whaley, MD

Dermatology  |
Dr. Kevin Whaley, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Colorado Springs, CO. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 26 years.

8890 N Union Blvd Ste 207

Colorado Springs, CO 80920

• Anthem
  • Cofinity

Learn about Dr. Whaley

See how frequently Dr. Whaley performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Folliculitis
Skin Infections
Jock Itch

Dr. Whaley's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Dermatology

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Mild Skin Rash
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nail and Nail Bed Infection

• Skin Biopsy
  • Skin Cancer Removal
  • Skin Tag Removal
  • Wart Removal

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• Brigham Young University
  • University Tx Med School At Houston
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000
  • M D Anderson Cancer Ctr
    Other Education | Completed 1996

Dr. Whaley has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Whaley does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Whaley and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Whaley's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Whaley to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Whaley's Performance
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Whaley is a great Doctor. I have been going to him for years and have always found him to be polite, knowledgeable and very efficient. A few years back he recognized a spot on my leg as Melanoma skin cancer when several other doctors said it was fine. I am very grateful for this. His office staff is always friendly and you get an automated reminder two days in advance. How cool is that? That way you can reschedule if needed without a charge.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
My PCP found a weird spot on my left cheek in February, 2012. I feel very lucky-- Dr. Whaley took a biopsy, and removed it. I returned for annual skin checks, and Dr. Whaley found another small spot on the back of my hand October 2017. I assumed the sore was from my watch rubbing against the back of my hand, but it was another squamous cell carcinoma in-situ. I was impressed that Dr. Whaley could tell it was a possible problem at the routine skin check. I recommend him!!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
The staff as well Dr. Whaley make you feel like a patient and not a number. The waiting area is well kept and inviting. Dr Whaley is very personable with you and great listener. He has addressed all my conditions and issues the proper care required with an explanation. I would highly recommend Dr. Whaley and the staff. Thank you Dr. Whaley for all you have done for my family and I.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Whaley has been treating our family of six for several years, In addition to successfully treating a wide variety of conditions, Dr. Whaley and his staff have exhibited nothing but 5-star courteous client care from time any of us stepped into the waiting room to the moment we exited. I highly recommend Dr. Whaley and Summit Dermatology for anyone who places a high value on excellent treatment and stellar patient care.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I have been Dr. Whaley's patient for over ten years. I could not be more satisfied with his professionalism, ability to communicate and treatment. He explains "what it is," "how to treat it," and "how that treatment might affect you," in every case. He has removed two skin cancers from my face and in both cases, the procedure was virtually painless and I suffered no after effects whatsoever. In addition, I have no scars. I recommend him without exception—great doctor, great sense of humor.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I would like to thank you for the positive experience and extraordinary care that you provided me September 14th It was just a follow-up after finding precancerous spots on my face one year ago. Your calming presence was very much appreciated. Doctor Whaley, you provided thorough explanations, were kind and attentive, and most of all, very reassuring. I was very pleased with the results from the last time and comforted by know you took care of everything with that visit. THANK YOU, very much.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
An excellent doctor with an excellent and supportive staff. Very informative with a great bedside manner.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Whaley is great as far as I'm concerned. Very professional and direct to my concerns. I had a Basal cell bump on my nose which had tried to be frozen off for 5 years by my primary care doctor. I then decided to go to a specialist Dr. Whaley and he told me you can freeze off a mole. He proceded to cut it out and did a sample which then was determined to be cancerous. Next visit he burned out the mole and did a wonderful and it is gone with little to no scaring. Very Happy!!!!!
in Colorado Springs |
Man, Do not go to their office between 12and 1 even though their web site says they are open 7-5 Friday till noon. Their door is locked.
We're sorry that happened to you George. In February a patient made a similar comment to us. Based on that conversation we made it policy that the doors stay open during lunch. We don't know who you are so we can't reach out to you. If you're comfortable contacting us directly, we'd love to talk to you about when this happened. If you are or become a patient I would ask that you leave another review to include how you are treated, and if you have a medical condition how that is handled.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I highly recommend Dr Kevin Whaley and his staff because of the high quality of care, the timely manner they schedule patients, and most importantly (for me) - the way they treat you like a person and not simply a customer. Other offices rush you in and out and treat you like a number instead of a person. This is definitely not the case with Dr Whaley - he takes time to listen to you, offers several options, and always checks back with you on your progress. Thank you, Dr Whaley!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I was 3 minutes late for my appointment today. The receptionist informed me that because I was late I would need to reschedule. I've been going to this office for more than 10 years. I'll never go back. If you want people to pay you they need to receive appropriate customer service. Three minutes late is an unreasonable reason to have to reschedule an appointment. Every time I've visited this office I've been forced to wait more than 20 minutes before actually seeing a dr.
Hi Steve We're sorry about your last visit and previous waits. For all our patients we try to be prompt, and respect their time and the effort they made to see us. We might run behind if a patient needs more time than we anticipated. Seeing late patients can have a domino effect and make us late for the following patients. If we can't accommodate a late patient we offer to reschedule them. We regret that you feel you need to go elsewhere, and hope that you might reconsider
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Outstanding dermatologist. Dr Whaley cares about his patients and it shows in the way her interacts with everyone he meets. He explains very clearly the skin blemishes he finds and the treatment options available.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Positive and timely experience from check-in to exam. Knowledgeable and personable staff.
in Colorado Springs |
Dr. Whaley worked closely with my arthritis doctor (Dr. Michael Sayers) to treat my psoriatic arthritis as well as an aggressive outbreak of psoriasis. I've been seeing him for several years. He has an extremely professional and pleasant staff.
in Taos, NM |
Very straight forward. Scans are thorough and waiting time is minimal. Very efficient office. Everyone is personable and pleasant to deal with.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I have seen Dr. Whaley for several years for different problems and I highly recommend him for dermatological problems. He is very kind and knowledgeable. I am a retired hospital pharmacist and I can usually spot an excellent physician - Dr. Whaley is definitely in this category. Not only does he listen to me and discuss medical topics, he even took the time to explain some insurance issues.
Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Whaley is an excellent Doctor. He is willing to discuss new treatments for patients, in my case, the challenges of ocular rosacea. He always gives ideas for options, and is patient and kind as he listens to you, the patient. He also gives samples of Meds if you would like to try that med first, before purchasing it. I would recommend everyone make an appointment with Dr. Whaley
in Colorado Springs, CO |
My husband and I have been extremely satisfied patients of Dr. Whaley's for over 10 years now. We were convinced of his fine skills and abilities when he accurately and quickly diagnosed my husband's melanoma on his upper left shoulder/arm about 10 years ago. After successful diagnosis and excellent treatment plans along with a fellow surgeon, my husband remains cancer free. We are always delighted with Dr. Whaley's cheerful bedside manner, his professionalism, & genuine concern for well-being.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Whaley has always been considerate of my needs, and has always taken the time to talk about them.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Whaley is an outstanding medical provider. He has a friendly and caring demeanor and provides outstanding medical care. My appointments have always been on time. The office staff is friendly and helpful, especially Dawn in Reception.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I've been seeing Doctor Whaley for the past 6-8years and can honestly say that He and his staff have with every one of my visits provided me with outstanding medical care-the professionalism and education enplaning, In detail the prognosis and what options I can choose from to improve my medical condition- each and every time requiring some type of surgery to remove skin cancer- end results-I have had 5 surgeries and I can say- all results were very successful-In short- (A JOB WELL DONE) THANK!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Whaley and his staff makes this experience as comfortable as possible and share best plans for action on your health. I recommend him highly.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Whaley has been my dermatologist for 12 years. Started off solving a skin problem that another dermatologist said was due to my age (62 at that time). In my 2 MOHS surgeries, he got the entire cancer on the first step. Did a scrape and burn for a basal cell on my nose this week and I had no discomfort at all. A consummate professional with a very personable manner and an obvious mastery of dermatology problems. I highly recommend Dr. Whaley.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Typically, I wouldn't go to a male dermatologist as I am an incest survivor, but I took a chance, and I was very pleasantly surprised. Dr. Whaley was wonderful--gentle, kind and super friendly. Of course, he was also very knowledgeable and took the time to talk to me so I understood. He asked my permission before touching me and told me ahead of time what he was going to do.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Incredible customer service. Very professional, credible and personable. Don't change.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Whaley has been very friendly and compassionate during my visits with him and has helped me with my problems. He explained what he was doing, what I should expect, and why he was doing it or recommending it. He also understood my need for additional assistance and needing family members there to help me with all the information given.
Have you seen Dr. Kevin Whaley, MD?

See our Dermatologists at Penrose-St. Francis Health Services