Dr. Kevin Welch, MD

Dr. Kevin Welch, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat  ·

Dr. Kevin Welch, MD is an otolaryngology (ear, nose & throat) specialist in Chicago, IL and has been practicing for 10 years. He specializes in ear, nose, and throat.Read his story

Northwestern Medical Group

675 N Saint Clair St Ste 15-200

Chicago, IL 60611

• Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • HealthLink
  • HFN
  • UniCare

Learn about Dr. Welch

Video

See how frequently Dr. Welch performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Chronic Sinusitis
Sinusitis
Intranasal or Sinus Procedure

Dr. Welch's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Welch's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Welch "I am board certified in Otolaryngology -- Head & Neck Surgery and fellowship-trained in rhinology, sinus surgery and anterior skull base surgery. I am a former chairman of the American Rhinologic Society Information Technology Committee as well as a member of the Board of Directors for the American Rhinologic Society, which is the premier society that advocates for clinical and basic science research and advances in treatment for patients with sinusitis. I serve on the Rhinology & Paranasal Sinus Committee of the American Academy of Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery, and these are two long-standing committees that promote education in the field of rhinology and allergic diseases. Lastly, I am an Associate Editor and on the Board of Directors for the International Forum of Allergy & Rhinology, the most widely distributed and read medical journal for sinusitis and allergic diseases. I currently practice and research at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine. I see patients with chronic sinusitis, sinus cancer, sinus tumors, polyps, deviated septums and those who would like a consultation regarding endoscopic sinus surgery or revision endoscopic sinus surgery."

This content was provided by Dr. Welch "My approach to patient care is to work efficiently to accurately diagnose a patient's problem and to provide them with options in line with the best available evidence and outcomes in mind. As a specialist, I use a number of tools and techniques (e.g., nasal endoscopy and cone beam imaging) to increase the accuracy of diagnosis. While these may seem unnecessary to some, these tools and techniques have been shown to minimize misdiagnosis and to improve patient care while saving money in the long run. "

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Otolaryngology
    Accredited by: American Board of Otolaryngology*

• Allergic Fungal Sinusitis
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Rhinorrhea
  • Sinus Polyp
  • Sinus Tumor
  • Sinusitis
  • Skull Base Tumor

• Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Complex Skull Base Surgery
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Dacryocystorhinostomy
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Orbital Decompression and Orbitotomy
  • Orbital Surgical Procedures
  • Revision Surgery
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Skull Base Surgery
  • Sphenoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Tear Duct Surgery

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University of Pennsylvania
  • University of Maryland Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007
  • Hospital Of The University Of Pennsylvania
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2008

Dr. Welch has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Welch does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Welch and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Welch's Reviews

4.4
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Welch to family and friends

Dr. Welch's Performance

Dr. Welch Says:
"

Thank you for the feedback. I value the constructive criticisms and praise that anyone chooses to leave as feedback on this site. I encourage you to leave details specific to your visit so that other prospective patients can understand the reasons behind your praise/criticisms. If you have a bad experience, I would appreciate it if you spoke to me directly so that I have the opportunity to understand your dissatisfaction and work

...

Dr Welch was spot on with his assessment of my situation. I would highly recommend him. My breathing improved like he said it would if I continued with my medication and if not he had a plan B in line. Thank you Dr Welch. It was a very trying time not being able to breathe. Fantastic doctor.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Welch was very clear in his explanations of the procedure and made sure that I had all of my questions answered.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Welch & staff were very professional, courteous and knowledgeable. The doctor did an outstanding job with my wreck of a nose, for which I’m thankful!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option4thumbs down icon option0

Thank you, Mark. We'll keep working to improve things. Be well.

I am 7 years free of cancer thanks to Dr. Welch!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option4thumbs down icon option0

Thank you for trusting me. I hope to be there when you're 14 years cancer free.

I went to see Dr. Welch and his team because I had been experiencing chronic headaches linked to a sinus infection. The headaches had persisted and I wanted to rule out any potential sinus issues. Dr. Welch was both knowledgable and helpful. However, the Fellow that I worked with did not make it...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option5thumbs down icon option0

Hi there. I'm sorry my Fellow did not inform you of this. I make it a policy to do so when I see patients first, as does the front desk when they have patients read and sign a policy. If you would give me a call, I am sure we can discuss and straighten out the billing issue. Many refuse the endoscopy, and that is fine. If you feel you were not fully informed, please call me and we will fix the issue(s).