Dr. Kevin Walsh, MD

Dr. Kevin Walsh, MD

Orthopedic Surgery •  Male • Age 63

Dr. Kevin Walsh, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Naperville, IL and has over 37 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Walsh has more experience with Knee/Lower Limbs, Elbow, and Hip/Pelvic Bones than other specialists in his area. He graduated from University Of Chicago/The Pritzker School Of Medicine medical school in 1983. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Edward Hospital - Main Campus and Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Walsh to book an appointment.

DuPage Medical Group - Official

Dr. Walsh's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Walsh

2.9

Dr. Walsh?
I had broken my leg in the fall of 2019. It was an extensive break and I had to be transported to Edwards Hospital so Dr. Walsh could do the surgery. The first hospital said they were not confident in doing it. Dr. Walsh did a great job. He was very nice to me and answered any questions I had at each visit. I needed paperwork to get reimbursed from my insurance, and he complied. I would definitely recommend him .
Georgette Tolen – Feb 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Walsh, MD?
I'm confused, 4 years ago I had a right shoulder rotator cuff tear, in 2 places. Dr. Walsh did a wonderful job. Never had any sour personality at anytime. He was wonderful and informative. Recently tore my left rotator cuff at work. Extreme pain, My MRI was as bad as the 1st time, He was the 1st person I thought of. They are scheduling my surgery as I write this. Once again at my appointment he was pleasant and made me feel confident about what was to come.. A lot of pain but a repair well done. I would recommend him for anyone.
Deo Curts – Jan 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Walsh, MD?
I first went to Dr. Walsh several years ago and he did a great job with both my knees for a torn miniscus. Prior to going I had read a lot of negative reviews and had actually called my doctor to refer someone else. He told me that he could but Dr. Walsh had been doing this a long time and was the best choice. So I went and at the beginning I did not find him to be very warm and friendly. But I soon found out that I was mistaken and that once I made an effort to engage in more dialogue with him- he was great!He did a great job with but my knees but due to severe arthritis in my right knee I just had to do a total knee replacement 4 weeks ago. I have no complaints about the surgical procedure and the follow up in his office has been just fine. An old work friend that I have known for 40 years just happened to be in his waiting room on my last visit. He told me that he has horrible knees and would not go to anybody else than Dr. Walsh. My wife is having a hip replacement by him next week
Mike Holm in Naperville , IL – Sep 08, 2019
THE best.
Jun 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Walsh, MD?
It sounds like Dr. Walsh is a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Unfortunately, I only dealt with Mr. Hyde. My first encounter with him was in the ER for a dislocation. There he berated me for going to a different doctor for my replacement surgery. In my follow-up appointments, he was very cold and abrupt. Now anytime I have to deal with him. he is rude and difficult. He tells me one thing, then when I call to do what he told me, he has an RN call and say I'm not his patient. I have found a new ortho.
Wheaton – Mar 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Walsh, MD?
My name is Angela Collier I had an independent exam request by State Farm. He lied on the report call me overweight obese which has nothing to do with shoulder. He lied that I was not injured in a car accident. His lies caused my medical claim to be denied. The Drs. that are treating me now said I need surgery and he says I don't. He is very rude and made up many lies in this report that has cause me to file complaint with medical board and BBB also State Farm to investigate his report.
Angela Collier in Aurora , IL – Jan 18, 2019
Angela Collier, we're sorry to hear about your...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Walsh, MD?
My experience was a nightmare, Dr. walsh was a second opinion for my employer’s insurance. Dr walsh jerked my arm 3 times examing me. Had to see my dr. After extreme shoulder pain, laid in bed 5 days, until i received mri and surgery after dr. Walsh reported I didn’t need any surgery and work full duty. My dr. Relocated a torn bicep and I’m 80% pain free. Went thru my own insurance after bogus report from dr. Walsh. Dr’s help people and not take bribes from insurance companies to lie.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Ken m in Alsip, IL – Sep 27, 2018
Ken M, we're sorry to hear about your experience....Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Walsh, MD?
My daughter got hurt during a soccer game ER doctor said she fractured a bone in her ankle. Follow-up with Dr. Walsh and after a look at the xray said there was no fracture and somehow xray was misread. Thank you Dr. Walsh for being thorough and not just going along with what we were told. Cast was off and boot on in 30 minutes. Saved us lots of valuable summertime!
M.Nash in Naperville – Jul 19, 2018
M.nash, thanks for sharing your wonderful...Read More
Go to this surgeon.
Deb – Jun 08, 2018
Deb, thanks for taking the time to leave a...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Walsh, MD?
I broke my arm in several places in March 2016. He was the surgeon on call at CDH. He was abrupt and abrasive. He made a comment about my arm having too much "meat" (his exact words), making surgery difficult. His staff took my stitches out too early, resulting in a 3 inch gaping wound that took 2 months to close. I ended up seeing another ortho for post-op care because he honestly embarrassed/shamed me and that's not easy to do.
Jan 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Walsh, MD?
I had revision elbow replacement surgery from Dr. Wash March, 2017. Although I went there with many problems from previous surgeries done by a different doctor, Dr. Walsh stepped in and did an absolutely miraculous job. I thank God for Dr. Walsh. He is a very pleasant, confident doctor. I would recommend him to anyone, he is the best in my opinion. I wished I had found him sooner and it would have saved me a lot of grief.
Aurora, IL – Jun 17, 2017
Thanks for sharing your wonderful feedback! We're...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Walsh, MD?
Dr. Walsh is a professional and caring Doctor. He responds to messages and has been a great surgeon for me. Because he is so knowledgeable in his field I was able to have him do my left and right hip replacement and my partial left knee replacement in the last few years. He listens to you and his surgical staff are wonderful people. I originally found out about Dr. Walsh through a person I use to work with a long time ago. And, after my surgeries I've recommended other people to him as well.
aecrouch2016 in Winfield, IL – Jan 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Walsh, MD?
I could go on and on about how horrible of a doctor he is but there is not enough time in the day. Long story short, this man should not have a medical license. God help you if you are sent to him by workman's compensation because he will lie and say whatever workman's comp wants him to. After my husband was told by 3 doctors that he needed surgery this so called "doctor" LIED and said that he was fine to go back to work. I wouldn't recommend him to my worst enemy! WORST DOCTOR EVER!!
Round Lake, IL – Oct 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Walsh, MD?
Had knee arthroscopy in June 2016. Very successful outcome. Appts all went well & Dr. Walsh provided clear, concise recommendations, as well as explanations. Professional & efficient appts.
Amy in Lisle, IL – Aug 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Walsh, MD?
Dr. Walsh is very straight forward and i love that about doctors. He will let you know ahead of time his plan and what you need to do.
Naperville, IL – Aug 06, 2016
Dr. Walsh is fabulous!
Manny in Shorewood, IL – Jul 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Walsh, MD?
I've been in need of a total hip replacement for some time now, but other doctors have said I am too young and should wait. Due to the increasing pain, decreasing mobility and constant wear on the joint, I decided to to ask one more doctor. Dr. Walsh sat with me and explained my xray. He also recommended surgery, which I now have scheduled in 4 weeks. He was understanding and willing to listen. His staff were friendly and courteous. I know 4 former surgical pts of his who highly recommend him.
Jen in Batavia, IL – Jul 06, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Walsh, MD?
I had a serious wrist infection (carpal tunnel area) that required immediate attention and surgery. I saw him repeatedly asking him to admit me to surgery that I had an infection. He did not do so and the pain increased. Then a blood culture confirmed an infection. I was admitted to Edward Hospital and needed immediate surgery. I suffered for 2-1/2 days before the doctor operated on me! I Dr. Walsh is not qualified to operate on hand and wrist surgeries! See a hand specialist if you need to.
Ron in Bolingbrook, IL – Jun 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Walsh, MD?
He didn't explain the diagnosis properly. He didn't really answer to my questions either. He wasn't interested in figuring out what has caused my condition and how I could improve it myself or at least make sure it doesn't get any worse. He only offered medication and if those wouldn't work, after that more medication. I'm very dissappointed.
Sara in Naperville, IL – Feb 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Walsh, MD?
Horrible experience. Extreme long waiting time, then he spent 5 minutes with me. He and his staff are unprofessional and uncaring. I would never recommend him. Huge mistake to go there .
Oswego, IL – Jan 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Walsh, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Walsh?

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Frequently Treated by Dr. Walsh

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Walsh treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Walsh treats other conditions, please contact the office at (630) 790-1872.

Knee/Lower Limbs

Knee and lower limb surgeons perform procedures such as total knee replacement, partial knee replacement, and tendor repair, to treat conditions including arthritis, ligament tears, or bone fractures.Compare with other Knee/Lower Limbs specialists.

Dr. Walsh typically treats 71% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 21 conditions and procedures

Knee Disorders
Osteoarthritis of Knee
Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain
Knee Arthroscopy

Elbow

Elbow surgeons perform proceduras including arthroscopy, replacement, resurfacing, or tendon repair to treat conditions affecting the elbow, such as arthritis, dislocations, and hyperextension.Compare with other Elbow specialists.

Dr. Walsh typically treats 93% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

Elbow Injuries
Elbow Bursitis

Hip/Pelvic Bones

Hip surgery includes arthroscopy, fracture repair, resurfacing, and replacment to treat conditions affecting the hip, such as arthritis, dysplasia, and injuries.Compare with other Hip/Pelvic Bones specialists.

Dr. Walsh typically treats 78% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 8 conditions and procedures

Osteoarthritis of Hip
Hip Resurfacing
Hip Replacement
Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)

Hand/Wrist

Hand and wrist conditions including arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, Dupuytren's contracture, and fractures or sprains, with treatment options such as surgery or physical therapy.Compare with other Hand/Wrist specialists.

Dr. Walsh typically treats 70% more often than similar doctors

• Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Closed
  • Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Open
  • Elbow Replacement
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Block, Sympathetic
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Wrist Fracture
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Replacement

Dr. Walsh accepts

Dr. Walsh accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Staywell (Wellcare)
Medicaid
Thrivent Financial
Choice Plus

It is my goal to treat every patient with respect and as I would want for myself or one of my family members.

• Orthopedic Sports Medicine