Dr. Kevin Vaught, MD

Spine, and More
Telehealth services available

Regional Brain & Spine, LLC Cape Girardeau, MO

1723 Broadway St Ste 410 Cape Girardeau, MO 63701

Dr. Kevin Vaught, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Cape Girardeau, MO. Dr. Vaught has more experience with Spine than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities Perry County Memorial Hospital and Southeast Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Vaught to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Neurosurgery Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Missouri

Frequently Treated by Dr. Vaught

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Vaught treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Vaught treats other conditions, please contact the office at (573) 332-7746.

Spine

Spine specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the bones of the spine, including degenerative spine disease, herniated discs, stenosis, and fractured vertebrae, with treatments including medication, physical therapy, and surgery.Compare with other Spine specialists.

Dr. Vaught typically treats 80% more often than similar doctors

• Carotid Ultrasound
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Cranial Trauma
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Ear Disorders
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Hematoma
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Epilepsy
  • Extradural Hemorrhage
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Kyphoplasty
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Torticollis
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Vertebral Column Tumors

Dr. Vaught accepts

Dr. Vaught accepts the following insurance:

Balanced Blue Access-MO
WellPoint

Dr. Vaught's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Vaught

Dr. Vaught?
Dr. Vaught & his staff are very caring & listens to his patients. He & his staff explain things very well. I would highly recommend Dr. Vaught for any type of spinal surgery. I had to have a triple fusion in my neck in July & I was extremely scared to death to have to have that kind of a surgery. Dr. Vaught & his staff reassured me that everything was going to be OK ! They done an amazing job !! My recovery went very smoothly. I am very pleased with my surgery's out come.
Twani Norton – Oct 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Vaught, MD?
Dr. Vaught and his staff, took EXCELLENT care of me! I am so thankful the ER referred me to him. He and his staff showed sincere concern for me and my condition.
Sep 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Vaught, MD?
Dr. Vaught restored my quality of life. He and his staff are kind, courteous and professional. I highly recommend him and Regional Brain and Spine.
Kate Nichols – Sep 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Vaught, MD?
DR. VAUGHT DID MY SI JOINT FUSION ON SEPTEMBER 25 2019. 10 MONTHS OUT AND I AM PERFECT. HE IS A GREAT DR. HE EXPLAINS EVERYTHING TO YOU AND TELLS YOU THE DOS AND DONTS AFTER SURGERY. I FEEL GREAT!! HE COMES HIGHLY RECOMMENDED IN MY BOOK. THANKS DR VAUGHT. STAFF WAS AWESOME ALSO.
LAURA – Jul 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Vaught, MD?
I had the cervical fusion surgery in Jan 2020, Received Excellent care through out the entire process. Staff is very thorough & knowledgeable, never felt like i was being rushed through appointments. Dr. Vaught was very compassionate, took extra time to explain the procedure and staff that would be involved in my total care, pre and post op. Highly recommend RBS. I feel fortunate to have had such excellent care without having to drive hours away.
Melody – Jun 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Vaught, MD?
Dr. Vaught did an excellent job with my cervical fusion surgery. I healed well and quickly, in fact, in six months. All of his office personnel and nurses were excellent.
Steve Shepherd – May 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Vaught, MD?
I had a c3-c7 acdf and Dr. Vaught provided the care. Dr. Vaught and his staff were compassionate and understanding. They provided me with a level of care that far exceeded my expectations. I couldn't ask for better medical care. The outcome of my surgery has left me feeling better than I have felt in a long time. I would not hesitate to go back to Dr. Vaught if I had any more Spine complications. Thank you, Dr. Vaught !
Chris – Feb 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Vaught, MD?
When I first visited Dr. Vaught on 12/08/2019, I was in a wheel chair due to a herniated disc. I was suffering from excruciating nerve pain and had been “bounced” between doctors prior to being referred to Dr. Vaught. On 01/08/2020 I underwent spinal fusion surgery and my recovery has been remarkable. Today I visited Dr. Vaught’s office for my 2 week post surgery follow-up. I’m walking without assistance and I’m pain free. I will forever be grateful to Dr. Vaught for giving me back my life. Sometimes super heroes wear white lab coats. Thank you, Dr. Vaught!
Geri Gilmore – Jan 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Vaught, MD?
Dr. Vaught is an amazing doctor, he was truly a Godsend. Dr. Vaught explained everything about the procedure I was going to go through, his bedside manners are outstanding very patient caring man. Dr. Vaught's staff is also amazing, taking time to explain things and do everything in their power to help in any way they can. I am very pleased with my experience with Dr. Vaught and regional Brain and spine
Michael Riley – Jan 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Vaught, MD?
My experience with Regional Brain and Spine has been great so far. I had neck surgery on 5/28/19 with Dr Vaught and I have no complaints. The people there have been great and have went out of the way to make sure I understood everything about the procedures. Dr Vaught spent more time with me discussing things than was probably needed and that was comforting. It's good to find a doctor that cares about making the right decisions for your health and not just rushing you to the operation. Getting in and out of appointments has been fairly quick and easy considering how slow most doctor offices are. Everything pre and post operation has been great. I would highly recommend them at this point.
Kevin Robertson – Oct 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Vaught, MD?
Dr. Vaught explained everything and made sure I was well taken care of. I couldn’t have been more pleased with having him as my doctor and friend. After back surgery I was back to work in 26 days. He fixed everything just like he said he would. Thank you Dr. Vaught
Tony Houart – Oct 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Vaught, MD?
I have seen Dr. Vaught for spinal surgery. He has relieved pain and suffering for me with utmost compassion and concern. Without hesitation, I would recommend him to anyone needing neurosurgery.
Cynthia Martin – Sep 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Vaught, MD?
Dr. Vaught and his staff are always helpful and polite. I am very pleased with the outcome of my recent surgery. Dr. Vaught is very knowledgeable in his field, and easy to talk to. If I was to ever have to have a procedure and/or surgery in the future, I will definitely be back to Dr. Vaught. I highly recommend him to all my friends and family, and any one else that may need his services.
Sep 20, 2019
excellent surgeon
kenneth welker – Aug 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Vaught, MD?
Had surgery on my back and I feel so much better. My legs are no longer tingly, I can feel my feet!, I can walk around without being in constant pain!!!! I can even shoot hoops with my kids!!! Very grateful to have that opportunity again!!! Thank you
Jul 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Vaught, MD?
He was a very professional Doctor. He was strait up honest with me from day one, never sugar coated anything. I was skeptical when I first went because I heard horror stories about after back surgery but it was totally wrong. I couldn't have asked for a better outcome. I tried my best to do 100% what he suggested and now I'm in no pain. I would highly recommend Dr. Vaught. Thanks again if you read this.
Jason Lovel – Jul 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Vaught, MD?
BEFORE suggesting surgery, Dr. Vaught used pain management, exercises & therapy. After exhausting all alternatives, surgery was used. He informed me of the surgery procedure using a skeletal model, gave me all the printed information on questions I had asked & spent all the time I needed with him until he was satisfied that I knew what to expect from the surgery. He then went into detail about the length of hospital stay, what to expect after I got home & what he expected from me. I have recovered in a short amount of time with no problems. I feel if you are willing to list all of your concerns, listen to what he has to say & more importantly, do what is asked of you, you'll have no regrets using Dr. Vaught. I highly recommend him to my friends and anyone else.
Jacquelin Bangert – Jul 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Vaught, MD?
Dr. Vaught sat down facing me and asked questions, told me a story relating to my own injury and made me feel that he understood. After my Surgery, he personally called my family to inform them of how I was doing and was very caring. I would recommend him to anyone. His entire staff were helpful and open to answering my many questions.
Janette Welch in Cape Giradeau, MO – Jun 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Vaught, MD?
Dr. Vaught and his staff were very nice at all times. I could not stand up straight before surgery and was in a lot of pain. after surgery the pain was gone and I was walking up right again. I would highly recommend Dr. Vaught
May 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Vaught, MD?
Dr. Vaught provided excellent advice concerning the issues with my lower back. The problem with my lumbar spine was complicated and after extensive testing at Regional Brain and Spine, he explained the problems, the procedure that would be required, and the timeframe for recovery. All my questions were answered and the entire staff at Regional is qualified and professional. I am happy I chose Regional and Dr. Vaught to perform this procedure.
Carl in IL – Feb 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kevin Vaught, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Vaught?

With over 15 years of neurosurgical experience, Dr. Kevin Vaught has the expertise to treat a variety of complex spine, brain and peripheral nerve conditions....Read more

Board Certified: American Board of Neurological Surgery

Fellow: American College of Surgeons, American Association of Neurological Surgeons Read more

• Neurosurgery