Dr. Kevin Varner, MD

Dr. Kevin Varner, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 52 years old

36 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Narrow your results

Dr. Kevin Varner, chairman of the Department of Orthopedics at Houston Methodist Hospital, specializes in foot and ankle disorders. Specific areas of interest include tibia fractures and sports related injuries of the foot and ankle. He serves as the head team physician for the Houston Ballet and is the assistant team orthopedic surgeon for the Houston Texans, the Houston Dynamo and the University of Houston. He is also a member of the Houston Methodist Center for Performing Arts Medicine. Dr. Varner completed his foot and ankle fellowship at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, MD. He is certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery and was named by Texas Monthly magazine as one of its "Super Docs". Dr. Varner sees patients in the Texas Medical Center.Read more

Dr. Varner's Experience

See how Dr. Varner's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Varner

Dr. Varner accepts 19 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Varner has admitting privileges.

Dr. Varner's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Varner to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Varner's Performance
Pearland, TX |
Excellent bedside manner, explained things very well and easy to understand, explains all options and not just the easiest solution, friendly and courteous at all times, friendly and helpful staff
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Varner is an amazing surgeon! He did a bunion surgery on me this spring, and and the recovery was so easy and very pain free. I am extremely happy with the outcome! I recently saw Dr. Varner's PA, Stephen, after I injured my other foot in an exercising accident. Stephen is excellent too. He helped me get me on the path to healing. I have recommended Dr. Varner to many of my friends and family. He is tremendously talented and really cares about his patients!
Houston, TX |
Very caring, thorough, excellent bedside manner! Everyone is EXTREMELY nice!!!
in Bellaire,Texas 77401 |
Excellent all around.
Pearland, TX |
Staff is horrid
in Lake Charles,LA |
He did a Big foot surgery on me February the 15th of this year!!Him an his staff is Awesome!!Best docter i ever had!!
in Houston, TX |
Dr Varner is not only qualified, he is kind and comforting. His staff, however, is extremely rude, unprofessional and uncaring. I have never experienced so little care from staff. I will NEVER NEVER NEVER use Dr Varner again because of his staff. I will refer all of our patients elsewhere. Tasha in particular is a nasty and unkind woman who would rather argue and interrupt than listen. I have never felt so upset, offended and unimportant.
in Houston, TX |
I was dealing with a knee problem and asked my orhthopedic about foot pain that had been occurring for over two years. He referred me to Dr. Varner. I was very pleased with the professionalism and friendliness of Dr. Varner and his staff. Numerous persons have told me that I was seeing the best doctor for foot surgery. My neurectomy was scheduled promptly and occurred earlier today. I have minimal discomfort and no need for any pain medication. I highly recommend Dr. Varner.
in Pearland, TX |
I've had two ankle surgeries with Dr. Varner (arthroscopic & OATS) and I'm going back for a neuroma surgery. He is EXCELLENT! Very caring, knowledgeable and professional. With that said, it takes a long time to get an appointment. Once you have the appointment, plan on it taking a very long time to get a parking spot in the garage. His support team is great, but they also take a long time to get back to you. It's just the cost of going to one of the best docs, since he has so many patients.
in Houston, TX |
I had bunion surgery with Dr. Varner and I have been extremely pleased with the results. It was such an easy surgery and I recovered extremely quickly. I have already referred Dr. Varner to many friends and family members.
in Houston |
I arrived for my first apt. 20 minutes late because valet parking was overwhelmed. Receptionist informed me my appointment was cancelled. I spoke on the phone to Teresa, office manager. She said I should have self parked. I explained that I was a disabled senior citizen and only used valet. She informed me that cancellation was approved by Varner. I believe that she was overstepping her authority and asked to speak with him. She refused. I will not return and go to Texas Orthopedic Hospita
Houston, TX |
I recently had bunion surgery with Dr. Varner, and he was excellent! It has been less than a week, and I am pain-free.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Varner performed surgery on my son's foot. He is a competitive athlete at the University of Texas so it was imperative that we this issue was taken care of or his athletic career was over. Issue was a Navicular stress fracture. Dr. Varner is the best...hands down. Surgery was over one year ago and foot is perfect and pain free.
Have you seen Dr. Kevin Varner, MD?
Are you Dr. Varner?

Dr. Varner's Care Philosophy

Dr. Kevin Varner, chairman of the Department of Orthopedics at Houston Methodist Hospital, specializes in foot and ankle disorders.  Specific areas of interest include tibia fractures and sports related injuries of the foot and ankle.  He serves as the head team physician for the Houston Ballet and is the assistant team orthopedic surgeon for the Houston Texans, the Houston Dynamo and the University of Houston.  He is also a member of the Houston Methodist Center for Performing Arts Medicine.

Dr. Varner completed his foot and ankle fellowship at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, MD.  He is certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery and was named by Texas Monthly magazine as one of its "Super Docs".  Dr. Varner sees patients in the Texas Medical Center.

Dr. Varner says...

Foot & Ankle Fractures

Foot & Ankle Sports Medicine

Flat Feet

Hammer Toes

Dr. Varner's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Varner has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Varner's Board Certifications

• Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Hammer Toe
  • Heel Spur
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Pseudoarthrosis
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures

Baylor Coll Of Med

Graduated in 1992

Baylor College Of Med

Dr. Varner does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Varner and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Achilles Tenotomy
  • Foot and Ankle DislocationTreatment, Open
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)