Dr. Kevin Varner, MD

Dr. Kevin Varner, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Kevin Varner, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Houston, TX. He is 52 years old and has been practicing for 25 years.

6445 Main St

Houston, TX 77030

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Varner

See how frequently Dr. Varner performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture
Ankle Sprains and Strains

Dr. Varner's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Varner "Dr. Kevin Varner, chairman of the Department of Orthopedics at Houston Methodist Hospital, specializes in foot and ankle disorders.  Specific areas of interest include tibia fractures and sports related injuries of the foot and ankle.  He serves as the head team physician for the Houston Ballet and is the assistant team orthopedic surgeon for the Houston Texans, the Houston Dynamo and the University of Houston.  He is also a member of the Houston Methodist Center for Performing Arts Medicine.

Dr. Varner completed his foot and ankle fellowship at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, MD.  He is certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery and was named by Texas Monthly magazine as one of its "Super Docs".  Dr. Varner sees patients in the Texas Medical Center."

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Hammer Toe
  • Heel Spur
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon

• Foot and Ankle DislocationTreatment, Open
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)

• Baylor Coll Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • Baylor College Of Med

Dr. Varner has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Varner does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Varner and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Varner's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Varner to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Varner's Performance
in Houston, TX |
Do whatever it takes to see Dr. Varner because he really is that good. Not only is he an excellent surgeon but he actually cares about his patients--he called me on a Saturday morning to go over my MRI results and to see how I was doing from a recent surgery he performed.
Houston, TX |
Dr. Varner is great but his staff leaves a lot to be desired. Month+ wait times to see the doctor. I arrived at 9 am for an 11 am surgery, waited in the hospital bed hooked up to an IV and heart monitors for 6 hours before the doctor could get to me due to a staff mistake. I received no apology. Came back for follow up and his PA Stephen was incredibly rude and did not voluntarily provide any information. I had to ask questions multiple times to get an answer. Not great for all of my money.
in houston, tx |
Dr Varner performed what I thought would be routing bunion surgery on my right foot. Although the surgery seemed to go fine, within 3 months, my toe turned inward to a greater extent than previously and my foot is as deformed, if not more, than before. Upon examining this, Dr. Varner simply shrugged his shoulders and said "Gee, I didn't expect that to happen". He said the only remedy was more surgery, possibly more extensive than the first. Suggest you go elsewhere. Not happy.
Pearland, TX |
Excellent bedside manner, explained things very well and easy to understand, explains all options and not just the easiest solution, friendly and courteous at all times, friendly and helpful staff
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Varner is an amazing surgeon! He did a bunion surgery on me this spring, and and the recovery was so easy and very pain free. I am extremely happy with the outcome! I recently saw Dr. Varner's PA, Stephen, after I injured my other foot in an exercising accident. Stephen is excellent too. He helped me get me on the path to healing. I have recommended Dr. Varner to many of my friends and family. He is tremendously talented and really cares about his patients!
Houston, TX |
Very caring, thorough, excellent bedside manner! Everyone is EXTREMELY nice!!!
in Bellaire,Texas 77401 |
Excellent all around.
Pearland, TX |
Staff is horrid
in Lake Charles,LA |
He did a Big foot surgery on me February the 15th of this year!!Him an his staff is Awesome!!Best docter i ever had!!
in Houston, TX |
Dr Varner is not only qualified, he is kind and comforting. His staff, however, is extremely rude, unprofessional and uncaring. I have never experienced so little care from staff. I will NEVER NEVER NEVER use Dr Varner again because of his staff. I will refer all of our patients elsewhere. Tasha in particular is a nasty and unkind woman who would rather argue and interrupt than listen. I have never felt so upset, offended and unimportant.
in Houston, TX |
I was dealing with a knee problem and asked my orhthopedic about foot pain that had been occurring for over two years. He referred me to Dr. Varner. I was very pleased with the professionalism and friendliness of Dr. Varner and his staff. Numerous persons have told me that I was seeing the best doctor for foot surgery. My neurectomy was scheduled promptly and occurred earlier today. I have minimal discomfort and no need for any pain medication. I highly recommend Dr. Varner.
in Pearland, TX |
I've had two ankle surgeries with Dr. Varner (arthroscopic & OATS) and I'm going back for a neuroma surgery. He is EXCELLENT! Very caring, knowledgeable and professional. With that said, it takes a long time to get an appointment. Once you have the appointment, plan on it taking a very long time to get a parking spot in the garage. His support team is great, but they also take a long time to get back to you. It's just the cost of going to one of the best docs, since he has so many patients.
in Houston |
I arrived for my first apt. 20 minutes late because valet parking was overwhelmed. Receptionist informed me my appointment was cancelled. I spoke on the phone to Teresa, office manager. She said I should have self parked. I explained that I was a disabled senior citizen and only used valet. She informed me that cancellation was approved by Varner. I believe that she was overstepping her authority and asked to speak with him. She refused. I will not return and go to Texas Orthopedic Hospita
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Varner performed surgery on my son's foot. He is a competitive athlete at the University of Texas so it was imperative that we this issue was taken care of or his athletic career was over. Issue was a Navicular stress fracture. Dr. Varner is the best...hands down. Surgery was over one year ago and foot is perfect and pain free.
Have you seen Dr. Kevin Varner, MD?
Are you Dr. Varner?

See our Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Texas Orthopedic Hospital

Visit Dr. Varner

Dr. Varner accepts 19 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
    Blue Choice
  • CoreSource
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA